ASP & MS ACCESS "Two Tables [one article and one comment]

Hi please i have a problem withthis and i need some help,
i received some great help so far thank you So much Markoc.
and now i'm stucj here.

I have two tables :
one called reviews [rid, review]
and the comments [cid, rid, review]

the first two pages work fine, but whenever i click on submit on the second page it take me to the
third one which cannot be displayed.
here is the code on the pages, please if you can help.
------------------------------------------------
on the first page i have " reviews listing "
-------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the second page is viewreview.asp AND ALSO I HAD A TEXT BOX FOR THE USERS TO LEAVE COMMENTS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

""
""

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE LAST PAGE IS submitcom.asp
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted On: Monday 22nd of October 2012 05:57:59 AM Total Views:  247
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Microsoft Access PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Report problems:name missing from header

hi, I have a report that has a header,detail. The header is grouped on last name. Whenever I have names that are the same, two Smiths in a row, for example, I only get the first one. THen, I seem to only get partial information in my detail section. I've fooled around with the grouping properties , but I only make it worse. How do I make the second "Smith" appear This must've been happening before, but I didn't notice it.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Newbie Help w/ Forms and Tables

I'm having a problem with how my forms add data to my tables. I've been using the wizard to create 3 different tables and a form to update them. One of two things happens to me each time I finish the form, either it won't allow me to input any data or instead of updating a field each time I put something new it will write over the existing data for that field. I've tried using sub-forms too with the same problems. Is there something I can do to fix this or is there a past post that I can look at that may help me out. Sorry if this isn't too clear like I said I'm new to Access and this is really only my second time using it.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Updating oracle backend tables from MS access forms(dynamically)??

, My requirement is this... I have to use MS Access as front end with ODBC connection to Oracle 9i DB. The application(forms) should be able to update, delete ,insert records into oracle tables(backend). i have a main form,which has some unique id's and other info about the ids and the subform shows several matching id's for that unique id in main form. the user who uses this application should be able to 1) search for the unique id in the main form such that the subform displays all its matches 2) they should be able to select anyone match and say approve(there can only be one match), then that particular record should be updated in the table.IF I USE A CHECK BOX AND IF THEY CLICK ON ONE RECORD AS MATCH,HOW DO I TAKE THAT RECORD SAY THE ID , NAME ADDRESS AND ALL DETAILS AND UPDATE THE TABLE\t similarly when they select some other record i should give option of deleting other irrelevant matches in the backend table. the main form and the subform uses the same table as source.updates are to another table, i should also have to put entry into audit table about which record was deleted and which one inserted.. How should i do this\t i am new to MS access .VBA, any help would be highly appreciated!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Query problems again....

hi, I have the following data that I need to put into one row- can I do this with a query id first last grades subjects 1 m smith a 12 1 m smith c 23-k 1 m smith d 29-a how do I get it to be this: 1 m smith a c d 12 23-k 29-a. I need to do this in vs 2005. Is this a simple query or do I need to write some code If I could do this with sql, that would be great. Otherwise, I'll have to continue on the course of coding in asp.net.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Syncronising 2 forms

I have two forms in a maintenance database. The first allows users to enter details of the maintenance request and the second allows the administrator to enter cost details of materials etc needed. I want the administrator to be able to click a cmd button and the second forms opens automatically at the current record in the first form. I am fairly new at this gane so some clear guidance would be very much appreciated. Beeky
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Combo box Problems!!! Please Help!!!

I have a form that I have made to enter new project numbers. On the client name I have made a combo box to pick the client name from a drop down menu. My problem is that you are able to pick the client and move on to the next tab but whenever you exit the form, the client name does not show up on the underlying table.....therefore it doesn't show up on any of my reports. But it still shows up on my form if you go back into it. I can't seem to figure this out....can someone please help
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Help in Forms

I am making an application for dealing with servicing of motor vehicles in MS Access. I've succeeded in making the queries and rest of the things. But I'm stuck up for the following :- I made a FORM to check the activities to be done. When i type Vehicle Registration No. (primary field) and exit field, I would like to get rest of the information about the particular vehicle in other fields in the same form updated. I've tried with exampls from Northwind.mdb (Orders Form). But coul not succeed.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Novice question about forms...

, I am pretty new to Access. I am able to create simple forms that will interact with tables, reports, etc.. I am trying to go a little farther and customize a form that will automatically be displayed when the user opens the file. I have read that you must have 'modal' properties set to yes. I have done this and when I enter then .mdb file, I still see the default menu. Do I have to write an expression within the properties And if so, on which command Also, I would like to become more familiar with customizing forms. Is anyone familiar with a web based step-by-step tutorial out there that will walk a person through the process I am not satisfied with the Help menu.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

conditional formatting on continuous forms

I have an accounting database with queues that list each requisition's important information (ID, vendor, dates, etc) plus the its status (not yet submitted, approved, ordered, delivered, filed, etc). I'd like the font of the status field to change color depending on its value. I can't use the standard conditional formatting because there are more than 3 statuses. I've tried an If/Then statement, but the form only looks at the status of the first record, then colors the font of the status fields for the consecutive records that same color no matter what their value. How do I get it to evaluate per record As in, if the first record has a Submitted status, its font is blue, but the next record is Ordered so its font is red. Here's my code, I used it in the OnOpen event for the form: If req_process_status_rec_id = 2 Then process_status.ForeColor = 13209 ElseIf req_process_status_rec_id = 1 Then process_status.ForeColor = 8388608 ElseIf req_process_status_rec_id = 3 Then process_status.ForeColor = 8388736 ElseIf req_process_status_rec_id = 4 Then process_status.ForeColor = 16737843 ElseIf req_process_status_rec_id = 5 Then process_status.ForeColor = 52479 ElseIf req_process_status_rec_id = 7 Then process_status.ForeColor = 6723891 ElseIf req_process_status_rec_id = 8 Then process_status.ForeColor = 16711935 End If
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

relationship problems

I have two tables with a 1-many relationship. fld1_1 of tbl1 is an autonumber field and also its primary key. fld2_5 of tbl2 is related to fld1_1. fld2_5 is a number data type. fld2_5 is not a required value for a record in tbl2, i.e. it may or may not have a value. If it has a value, it will be same as a value in fld1_1. When I am adding a new record with no value to fld2_5, it pops an error message saying something to the effect "A corresponding record is required in tbl1"... It seems that fld2_5 being a number data type, it takes a default value of 0 ()... and then does not find a corresponding value with 0 in the fld1_1. Can someone show me a way around this I will be
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Users unable to access new forms/tables

I enabled security on an .mdb which included several users that are in the Full Data Users group. After I did this I needed to add a new form to the application, so I logged into the application and added it. However, though the admin group and the Full Permissions group can access it fine, the Full Data Users group cannot. I have double checked all of the settings and have even rebuilt the .mdw file to no avail. Any thoughts
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

LIMIT Query Problems

strSQL = "SELECT * FROM Table1 WHERE expire_date>#" & dteDate & "# ORDER BY post_date DESC LIMIT 3;" If I take the LIMIT part off, it works, but add it on and it causes: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14' [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error in ORDER BY clause. /mghdevelopment/index1.asp, line 463 Any ideas
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Invoicing Sums

I have a report that is broken up by invoice number. I want to create a text box that will sum the lines for each invoice number. I have the text box set to add the lines, but currently it is grabbing the first value for each multiple line invoice. Confusing, I know. See below: Invoice number Date Amount 123456789 5/23/05 23,100.00 123456789 5/23/05 1,000.00 Amount: 23,100.00
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Better Way to Go With Forms and MDB

[ solved ] Hi Gods : ) I am a beginner in this kind of thing... and I am trying to make a form to send the data to a MDB file and send the data throu mail. Until now, everthing is working fine... but know I have faced a think: I have 20 checkboxes, and 20 columns in the database for each checkbox to store the data. So, i think theres a better way to do this..., instead of 20 columns in the database, can I have only one and the form insert the data in this column the piece of code I am using to grab the data: Code: um = Request.Form("um") dois = Request.Form("dois") tres = Request.Form("tres") quatro = Request.Form("quatro") cinco = Request.Form("cinco") seis = Request.Form("seis") sete = Request.Form("sete") oito = Request.Form("oito") nove = Request.Form("nove") dez = Request.Form("dez") onze = Request.Form("onze") doze = Request.Form("doze") treze = Request.Form("treze") quatorze = Request.Form("quatorze") quinze = Request.Form("quinze") dezesseis = Request.Form("dezesseis") dezesete = Request.Form("dezesete") dezoito = Request.Form("dezoito") dezenove = Request.Form("dezenove") vinte = Request.Form("vinte") and to put into the database: Code: sql_insert = "insert into users (um, dois, tres, quatro, cinco, seis, sete, oito, nove, dez, onze, doze, treze, quatorze, quinze, dezesseis, dezesete, dezoito, dezenove, vinte, mes, ano, dataehora) values ('" & _ um & "', '" & dois & "', '" & tres & "', '" & quatro & "', '" & cinco & "', '" & seis & "', '" & sete & "', '" & oito & "', '" & nove & "', '" & dez & "', '" & onze & "', '" & doze & "', '" & treze & "', '" & quatorze & "', '" & quinze & "', '" & dezesseis & "', '" & dezesete & "', '" & dezoito & "', '" & dezenove & "', '" & vinte & "')" So, the values of 'um' 'dois' 'tres'... is a mail and I have a variable to get all the checkboxes checked and send the mail for these ones...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

How to create a search form in msAccess?

I am using msAccess to develop a small application. I have 2 tables, student and course, and I need to create a form with 3 fields - by_id, by_date, by_course_id This form can generate a view only table according to the field the user entered. Can anyone help me on this What's the step to do so Thnx
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Open only forms// I need Help

hi i am new in Access and i make one project with it. Now i need when i open the indexForm i want open only it and not the access with table,queries,reports and access menu.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Primary key problems

I have a form that is bound to a table . The table's primary key is the problem. When I use the form to add new records, If the user "accidentally" enters nothing in the field that is bound to the primary key of the table, or enters a value that exists in another record, the db crashes (I mean an access message appears,informing me that I entered a duplicate (or null) value for the primary key and prompts me to end/debug). Instead of this annoying and not user-friendly message, I want a message box created by me to appear, and the primary key's value to be null until the user enters a valid value. I made a msg box appearing on_error, but after that the annoying access msg_box appears and asks me to end/debug again How can I do this And where should I put the code (I want the check vor a valid key to be done when the record is saved) Thanx in advance
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Queries, Tables and Forms?

I currently have a query and a table which I'd like to create a form for. The query has people's information in it and the table has RSVP information in it (if they need parking, etc.). I'd like to create a form so that I can type in the person's name and then it brings up their address (just to confirm it's the right person) and then i can enter in the RSVP information. Any suggestions
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Re: Access Mailmerge...Desperate: msg for Colm

Hi Colm, I'm not sure if you have picked this up, hense the resend. I am facinated by this site and the very professional and sound advise that I have been given. Ok, back to my original problem: I have sent you the code that I am now using for the wordmerge, It seems to run ok once it kicks in. However, If I reboot the machine, open the Db and run the wordmerge, A WORD msg pop up with "Do you want to save the changes to letters1" with a Y/N, cancel option. If I chose yesand then cancel, the word document will open but, I am not sure that this is good practice as it leads to confussion. As you know, I am also trying to eliminate the msg that explains to user that they are about to merge from access to word. I think it will just confuse the user. If there is no answer then we will have to live with that. I would be truly greatful to you if you were able to amend the code or explain what it is I need to do to get round this. Once again
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Pre-Filling Forms on Web Sites

Is it possible to write an event procedure attached to a command button in a Microsoft Access database that would use data from an established query to pre-fill data in to a form on a web site Has anyone tried this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!