Any way to "timestamp" record entries?

, I have a database that people are wishing to have timestamps on each field and each record, is there a simple way of doing this

Posted On: Monday 22nd of October 2012 05:56:50 AM Total Views:  234
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Microsoft Access PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Is there a way to hyperlink results?

I've built a database and the users are asking for the following feature: They want the results of either a query to contain some type of link so that when they hit the little gray square on the left, it will take them to that record. Is there a query, form, or report that this feature can be added to
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 10th October 2012
View Replies!

Many to Many matching

I am trying to figure out the following: Two tables with account numbers the clients can have a new req monthly that needs to be validated. I need to pull the client number and req# that doesn't match in the current table for the account. When I do a join on account number and date with in Req# for valdiated deals I don't get the correct result. In the example below I would want to see Req 1-800. Current Table Client # 12345 Req # 1-900 Account# 5656 Date # 03/01/2012 Client # 12345 Req # 1-901 Account# 5656 Date # 04/1/2012 Client # 12345 Req # 1-800 Account# 5656 Date # 06/01/2012 Validated Table: Client # 12345 Req # 1-900 Account# 5656 Date # 03/01/2012 Client # 12345 Req # 1-901 Account# 5656 Date # 04/01/2012
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 10th October 2012
View Replies!

Many to Many I think

so i have a table with all teachers in it then i have a table with all students now i need to do two things but am not sure what to do one teacher is going to have many of these students but one student can have many teachers I am not sure what to do but I think i should have a teacher table with a one to many relationship with the students, but i think i need another table and the relationship should be one student to many teachers. Later when i create queries for these tables, i need to be able to show the many students to that teacher, but i need a query that shows the one student and all of his teachers. when i use the query in a report one report should show the teacher as i use the group feature, i will see the teacher and all of the students. Then when I run a report to show the one student - i can see all of the teachers for that student Am i repeating myself Help
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 17th October 2012
View Replies!

Sorting several securities by timestamp

, I have several tables with the following entries [Timestamp] [security] [side] [price] [volume] 1/1/2011 13:01 XXX B 1 10 1/1/2011 13:01 XXX A 2 10 1/1/2011 13:02 XXX B 1.1 10 1/1/2011 13:02 XXX A 2.1 08 1/1/2011 13:03 XXX B 1.1 10 1/1/2011 13:03 XXX A 2.1 10 1/1/2011 13:04 XXX B 1.2 05 1/1/2011 13:04 XXX A 2.1 08 [Timestamp] [security] [side] [price] [volume] 1/1/2011 13:02 YYY B 5.1 10 1/1/2011 13:02 YYY A 5.5 08 1/1/2011 13:03 YYY B 5.3 10 1/1/2011 13:03 YYY A 5.8 10 1/1/2011 13:04 YYY B 5.2 05 1/1/2011 13:04 YYY A 5.7 08 now I would like to combine n of these tables so that I get the entries next to each other sorted by the timestamp (the tables do not necessarily all have the same number of entries, so some may miss data for certain timestamps. With what query could I get a table [timestamp] [side] [security1] [price1] [volume1] [security2] [price2] [volume2]
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Fast running sum or a way to index times.

I have a table with the following Autonumber Time Temp 1 01:00:10 500 2 02:01:10 600 3 02:00:15 650 . . . . 11,759 23:59:00 700 11,760 23:59:10 600 11,761 23:59:50 650 11,762 00:00:10 750 11.763 00:05:50 800 . . . . . 23,759 23:59:10 700 23,760 23:59:15 700 23,761 23:59:55 760 23,762 00:00:15 900 23,763 00:06:50 800 . . . . Etcetera.... My issue is I need to graph the time on the X coordinate and the temperature on the Y coordinate (easy) but the clock resets every 24 hours and the logs run for days. The time is not equal, the records are not equal, I need the x coordinates to be scaled and the times vary so I cannot graph by the log number, and I have no control over the software writing it. I have created a running sum using Dsum, but it takes too long (it is for a multiuser application that will be used many times on many different changing data sets) I'm out of ideas, any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Dose anyone use Infopath to collect data for access?

all. I have created an Access database that tracks a survey that is important to our company (great database that will store survey results for historical/analytical purposes). I was messing with the new feature of "Collecting data via e-mail" option. But the Infopath form that Access generates is insufficient. I have created an Infopath form that is sufficient, but cannot get past the wizzard to use that form. The only option it gives me is to use the wizzard created template. Dose anyone out there use this feature And if so, do you know a way around the wizzard so I can use my form Or modify the wizzard's template to include drop down menus, check boxes, etc.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Best way to export data to HTML pages

Access experts! I've worked with Access frequently in the past (Access 97) and now need to work on a project that I think Access 2007 will be able to tackle (at least I hope so!). I have imported two tables similar to the following: Car Info Table --------------------- Car ID (PK) Make Model Color Service Record Table --------------------------- Service ID (PK) Car ID (FK) Service Type (Oil change, tune-up, body work, etc.) Date Each car (record) in the car info table corresponds with multiple service records entries in the service table. What I need to do is format the data for export as HTML where each HTML page contains the car info at the top and the service record details listed below. Any ideas on how I should approach this I tried creating a test report linked only to the service record table and grouped by the service ID and sorted on service date. However, this is incomplete as I need to include the car details at the top and the export puts info for one car on multiple HTML pages. I need all info and records for a car on the same HTML page. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Updating a Primary key value which connects many tables

I want to update a value (primary key) that connects about three tables. i need a way to chage it in every table with only one input. Employee Table - Empno (Primary Key) Deductions Table - Empno (Foreign Key) Salary Table - Empno (Foreign Key) Suppose I have to change Emplyee no 6514 to 80046 How can i do it in all tables in one instance . . Please help
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Moving away from Access Platform, need to generate subforms in forms

We're moving from an Access platform to a .NET/Oracle platform. In the access application, there are many forms and subforms. Is there anyway we can generate a report that lists all the subforms in a form
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How many users connected to db

How can we know that , how many active connections or users are using database at some specific time..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 18th October 2012
View Replies!

Where there's a will there's a way?

Need to wright code to place a JPEG or Drawing in the report format..... Anyone do this for a living or for fun\t\t\t\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 18th October 2012
View Replies!

Get an error... any thoughts on what it means?

I am using Access 2010 I have a form based on a table. In this form I can add records, etc. Nothing specatular. When I get to the last record and hit the next record button at the bottom, it brings me to the blank record (as if I wanted to add a new one) When I try to go back to a previous record, it get the following error: MS Access database engine cannot find a record in the table 'Locations' with key matching field(s) 'LOCATION' I dont know what this means. I have gone the literal route and actually added a field in the Locations table called Location, but that doesnt get rid of it. I am not sure what happened or when it happened because I know it didnt happen when I first created the database. If anyone can think of something that may cause this (maybe something similar happened to someone else) and possibly point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it. I am fairly new at this so I may not be thinking along the same lines as some of the experts out there.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Is there a way to create an online chat room in Access?

I have an Access DB online and I was wondering if I could get a chat room incorporated into the DB so my remote users can collaborate without using e-mails.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Help with a report in a one to many relationship

I'm pretty new to Access so bear with me. I have two tables ApplicantInfo and Involvement. ApplicantInfo holds the typical columns (FirstName, LastName, Phone..etc) The Involvement table can hold up to three rows of information from the same applicant (Acitvity, Position, Start Date, End Date) When I try to create a report that shows the majority of the data from ApplicantInfo along with the three records from the Involvement table, I'm given 3 reports for the same user, included is one different involvement record for each form. How do i resolve this Thankyou in advanced
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Recordcounts always returns 1

hi, I am using recordcounts to see how many records are returned from a query and I always get 1 record. I run the query in the query window and I can see that at times I have hundreds of records returned. Can somebody tell me what is wrong with what I am doing My code follows-
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

can anyone modify this query statement

hi im a first time user of access, can anyone modify this query statement... select IDno, LName + ', ' + FName as Name, course, Status, (select count(io.AC) from in_out_books io where io.IDno = b.IDno and io.DBorrowed >= '2008/03/01' and io.DBorrowed = '2008/03/01' and io.DBorrowed
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Can anyone tells me what's wrong with this lookup?

I'm trying to look up "Adjustment" from Option ARM table where "Index" in query equals "Index" in Option ARM table. What is wrong with the statement below DLookUp([Option ARM Points Paid Margin Adjustments]![Points Paid],[Points Paid to Lower Interest],[Option ARM]![Index]=[Option ARM Points Paid Margin Adjustments]![Index]) Thank you. KellyJo
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Search keys not found in any record - ERROR

I have a fairly complex database which contains a company table and a staff table along with approx 30 other smaller tables. The staff records have a field called company which is linked in a one to many relationship to the CompanyId field in the Company table. This is an auto-number field and is up to 5467 currently. I have enforced data integrity when this relationship was created. The users enter new staff members using a sub-form in the Company form. A user created a new record for a company and while completing the task the text in all field went a bit crazy and appeared in symbols rather than text. The user shut down the database and restarted it. Now when you open the company form the staff member appears with the correct company but does not appear anywhere else in the database with this company. The correct company id is 3416 but when I looked in the table the staff members record has an id of 36097146 or something similar. There are only 5467 companies in the company table. I tried to amend this figure and got and error which said "The search keys could not be found in any records". I tried to delete the record and the same error appeared. When I clicked on the Help button of the error I got a message telling me that the error occurs when an ISAM seek operation fails. Anybody know what is going on here and how I can delete this record or more importantly why this may have happened in the first place.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Is there a way to do....?

Is there a way that I can read in records from one table looking for a record in a second table with the same key, and if I get a "hit" or match, that I update a field in the first table
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Passing value in one-to-many relationship

In my accounting database, I have a form for the requisition and a subform with the line items of the order. When a user has completed their changes, they click a button which closes the form and changes a value in the main table (as in the requisition status is now "submitted" or "approved"). Now I'd like to pass that status value to the line items in the sub-form (based on a different table, of course). I have another subform that displays the requisition record id, the line item record id, and the status for the line item. In the On Current field of that subform, I pass the value from the main form to the subform. The subform is requeried when the user pushes the button that changes the requisition's status. The problem is when I have more than one line item for a requisition. The first line item always receives the requisition's status value. Any other line items are not updated. Naturally, if I scroll through the records, they refresh and their status is correctly updated. But this subform won't even be visible to the user, and I certainly don't want them to have to scroll through it anyway. Is there anyway to pass the value to each of the records instead of just the first Here is the code I'm using in On Current in my status subform: Me![process_status_rec_id] = Me.Parent!req_process_status_rec_id
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!