ACCDB password

hello, is it possible to programmatically set or change the password to an accdb file from within an application (my app is written in VB 6)
i know this was possible in the old mdb format but what are the options for the new format i must use the accdb format for security reasons.

Posted On: Thursday 18th of October 2012 12:05:28 AM Total Views:  120
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Microsoft Access PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Using a password to protect forms

Hi I have created a database with a form that is protected by a password, but in order for the password to be set the user needs to convert the string into keycode. For example, during testing the password used is PASSWORD with the code 2818. It would obviously be better for the user to be able to change this password without having to know the code. To make the password I orginally followed another tutorial so am a little out of my comfort zone. THanks pb
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 17th October 2012
View Replies!

Ho to Save password while connecting Database from MS access & how to shedule queries

Hi , Can someone pls help me.. I have a mdb file with some 110 queries in it and a made a ODBC connection to connect to my database and daily at 10:00 pm i ave to run all these queries and sent to higher level. So my problems are... 1) Each time when i click on query it will ask password and every time i ahve to enter a password and hit enter once output comes i have save the output into excel and we have privillage(mean a button) in excel to "Analyze with excel " so all this process takes 2 hrs for me and i know iam wasting my time... 2) Second problem as iam runing this reports daily basis exactly i have to start running this reports at 10:00 PM. So is there any way to shedule this reports so that they can run at 10 daily and save these reports in certain location in excel format. If you have any suggestions pls let me know.. if you want any detail information pls let me know....
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 17th October 2012
View Replies!

How to create accounts with username and password in MS Access

I tried creating new accounts in MS Access 2003 thru Tools>Security>User and Group Accounts. I can log in successfully in the database with my username and password in MY COMPUTER. But if I send it thru an email to a person in other countries. The data doesnt ask for a username and a password anymore. They can access the database without username and password.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 18th October 2012
View Replies!