Search needing a tweak

Hi

I have just completed a search function that seams to be work well execpt for one or two small tweaks..

My search queries my db and checks for matching product names or similar as i thought. When I search for "flasks" it returns nothing but when I search for "flask" it returns products. I am using where like %search term% in my sql which I thought would return anything similar to that but doesnt

This is my sql

Code: SELECT prodID,pname,model,company,template,image,price, offerprice, parcat,offer FROM misc INNER JOIN suppliers ON supplier = suppliers.sid WHERE pname LIKE '%"& strPname &"%' AND supplier IN ("& strSupplier &") OR model LIKE '%"& strPname &"%' AND supplier IN ("& strSupplier &") Anyone got any ideas
Posted On: Tuesday 20th of November 2012 02:57:57 AM Total Views:  367
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF MYSQL PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Case-Insensitive search

Hi . Does MySQL support case-insensitive search for UTF-8 (cyrillic characters). If yes, then how to do that
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Full text search

; Could anyone give me a idea how to do the full text search in the following case, please Example. Say I search for 'print', I would get results returned when words such as 'printers, printing, prints etc' are found.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Fulltext search with utf-8 data

Does a fulltext search work if the data is stored in utf-8 Specifically, I have some vietnamese stored in the field I'm searching on and I'm having trouble. Is there anything I need to change to make it work
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Regarding Advanced searching

hello, I want to search the complete tables i am having.The searching should be like the following....Say if i give the word 'caring' as the keyword for search the i should get the result from the fields which is similar to caring.. ie it should display all the fields having data ..care,caring,very caring..etc hope u all got it..I used the fulltext function and also match() But i am not getting the deed result. regards rechu
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Complex join/search query...

I'm stumped... hoping someone can help here... I have 4 tables, simplified for the sake of this question: bands - bandid - bandname venues - venueid - venuename shows - showid - venueid - date / time showbands - showid - bandid - bandorder so, showbands has a many-to-one relationship with shows - there may be 5 bands playing a show... we store each bandid and what order it's playing in... I can handle this just fine with a query to list all shows, or all shows within a given date. Just join shows, showbands, bands, venues on their respective ids... I can also handle this just fine with multiple queries to list all shows where bandid=5 is playing (select my showids where bandid is present, then do the query on just those showids)... How, in one query, can I display only shows where bandid is playing, but display all n bands Is it even possible
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Mysql full text search

how i can use "Full-Text Search Functions (in mysql)" i can useing this function in world's english but i can not useing this function for world's farsi (or persian) please help me (with sample) i useing utf-8 char mysql version : 4.0.25-nt
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

How to search in a database

Originally posted by : HP (hpvanhagen@hotmail.com),I just have a access database connected with ODBC and IIS 4.0.My Query comes from access:SELECT im.IM, im.Betreft, ("secretariaten/im/" & [IM] & ".doc") AS [Bekijk IM]FROM imWHERE (((im.IM)=[IM nummer]) AND ((im.Betreft) Like "*"+[Name your looking for is:]+"*"));Why do i get a error\tPlease help me!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 7th November 2012
View Replies!

2 tables one search

Hi I have a problem, that effects my navigation system, I have three tables: 1 which lists all my product info product_tbl product_id product_title product_description product_sport 1 that is a contents map of all my navigation links navigation_tbl sub_id_1 sub_name_1 sub_id_2 sub_name_2 sub_id_3 sub_name_3 And one that sort of links the two category_tbl product_id (this is the same product_id the in the product_tbl) product_link_id (this relates to one of the sub_id(number) in the navigation_tbl) what i want to do is create a sql statement that when I have selected all the products I have, it will get all the links i need. So i have a sql statement to get the products select * from product_tbl which sport='football' which will get all my products but then I need to get the navigation ids relating to the products within that search from the category_tbl and then use that to get all the links from the navigation_tbl Background is I have set it up like this as I need to add more than one category to each product and the old system I had was very processor heavy, so i am looking for a better way, and think this to be it. Any advice would be appriciated, I am programming in asp and the DB is mysql.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 11th November 2012
View Replies!

SQL Statement searching 1 table for a lot of diff fields :\ need help

SELECT * FROM Results_Public WHERE Animal_Identifier LIKE 'varanimalid%' AND Breed LIKE 'varbreed%'AND Gender LIKE 'vargender1' AND ' checkbox if selected show male Gender LIKE 'vargender2' AND ' checkbox if selected show female BUT if both are selected show all records for both male & female right now it shows all if none selected & none if both selected ShortName LIKE 'varshortname%' AND RegName LIKE '%varregname%' AND RegNumber LIKE 'varregnumber%' AND
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Help!!On how to code A-Z title search, PLEEEAASE!

Originally posted by : Trinity (the_matrix_ad@hotmailc.om)To anyone out there, I really need some help for my school project, on how to code an A-Z title link search.For example: if the user clicks on C, it will take he/she to a page with all the movies startingwith the letter C.I need to see what the SQL query would look like for this type of search.My html file will have something like this...View showtimes for movie titles that begin with: A B C . . . ZI got this little code of some web site. I've just started learning ASP on the side, therefore I'm not very familiar with it.I do not understand why they're using the '#' in the HREF.I have successfully built in a little ASP prototype that selects all the movie title from my database. But the question is now, how to do this particular feature A-Z \t\tThank you for taking your time to ready my humble help message.I would reaaaally appreciate if anybody could help on this ASAP.Thaks again Trinity )
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to search a set of result from database

Originally posted by : carlos (carlos_lai@hongkong.com)Do anyone know how to serach a optimal route from the database (like dynamic programming in mathematics). That mean the user can enter the start and end point then, the page can display the route between start and end.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

SQL statement to search and sort by month?

I have a field in my table on my MSSQL server with dates, formatted like: 09/09/2004 Is there a way I can just pull the items for the current month Something like Select * FROM table Where date_field LIKE "today" I will be using asp to query the DB if that helps
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 19th November 2012
View Replies!

Different search results between desktop and palmtop

Originally posted by : Paulo (papyana@hotmail.com)Here's the deal:Im executing a query with several parameters based on a database. When I view the results on a regular desktop, everything goes just fine: I can change one or all of the parameters and still it works just fine. So far so great. The problem is that when I try to do the same thing in a mobile device (HP jornada 720), I don't get the same results as in the desktop !!! The only way I have to get the same results is if I don't change any of the parameters, in which case the results are the same both in the desktop and in the palmtop. Can anyone PLEASE help me with this It's driving me crazy and I don't know what can possibly be happening!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 20th November 2012
View Replies!

How to search a Access Database - Data Type "Yes/No"

Originally posted by : Harley (harley2g@yahoo.com),Is it possible to search a access database if the data type is defined as a yes no field I know how to search for a string of text in a field. I am looking to create 'n' number of yes or no fields, each on serving a specific labeling feature within the database. A user would enter a word(s) to search if it matched the field name in the table and if the field was selected 'yes' it would add that record to the recordset. Is this possible If not what are some alternate suggestions
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

how to put the images on database and retreive them using the search

Originally posted by : VIMAL BISHT (vimal_bisht@yahoo.com)I am developing a web site and I want to put a search engine. In my web site I haveto make a database where I have to store the 5000 images and then retreive them usingthe search engine. Please tell me from the begning how to do it. I want to use the Sql and ASP.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

multi value search

HI, I have a three drop-down menus for City, Area, Zip. I am using 'like' in my search query which is: select col_nam from table where city like %txtcity% AND area like %txtarea% AND zip like %txtzip% But, since AND is being used, if any of the parameter is NOT given, the result is Zero and If I use OR instead, it still not work if only two values are selected. For example, If a user has selected city: A, area: X , then query using OR will return city matching A, area matching X BUT it will also return the area which should NOT be included. So, what should be done here. Do you think that 'like' should be used here Or any other suggestion
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

multiple table search

im in need of some help, im new at sql and am trying to seach multiple tables. i am doing a football database with a table for each of the teams and each table has the following "First Name" "Last Name" "Age" "Date of Birth" etc what i am trying to do is search for either the "first name" or "last name" in every table if anyone can help me it would be apreciated , tks for your help.. like i said im new and im only following what my teacher has told me to do lol im doing this for a school assignment.. i will have a look at the tutorials and try and fix the database
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

search multiple tables with sql

Hi I'm trying to search multiple tables with sql, being used in a asp web page. I need to connect to about 5 tables and search all of them on our search page. Here is the code that I have used but it dose not work. SELECT * FROM creek_aboutus AS ca, creek_dealers AS cd, creek_distributors AS cds, creek_events AS ce, creek_news AS cn, creek_products AS cp WHERE ca.my_aboutus_name + cd.my_area + cds.my_country + ce.my_event_text + cn.my_news_text + cp.my_pro_text = 'MMColParam'; Can anyone help
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

SQL Syntax for search MSAccess Database from a html dropdown FORM page using ASP

Originally posted by : Sudip (sudip@css.cmmacs.ernet.in)what is the sql syntax for the query likeselect field (from a dropdown menu of 4 fields, select name=A) put query (text box name=b)and select one boolean operator(name=C)and select other field (from same type of dropdown menu of 4 fields, name=D)and put another query(text box name=E)Ex.search: name=aaa AND division=bbbI am using MSAccss and DSN less connection. Simple sting search query (LIKE %) is working excellent.Please help me.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

search.asp

Originally posted by : lakshmi (sanchez@sheriff.ccso.org)I managed to get my search.asp to display data, however, i do not know how it is basing its display on.Can someone look at my code, and tell me how I can get it so that a user can enter either of all those fields whether partially or not or just one of those fields and then be able to get a list of the names. I cannot figure out how to get it to do it. I am getting data now which is better than getting a blank page, but I am not getting the correct data.Query ResultsAny suggestions or perhaps you can point me to where there is a sample of something similarThank you
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!