Problem on installing MySQL

Hi folks,

Ubuntu 7.04 server amd64
MySQL 5.0.38

On installing MySQL and coming to;

$ sudo mysqladmin -h ubuntu.xyz.com root password myrootsqlpassword Code: mysqladmin: connect to server at 'ubuntu.satimis.com' failed error: 'Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111'

$ hostname -f Code: ubuntu.xyz.com

$ ps aux | grep mysql Code: root 4557 0.0 0.0 3860 572 S 20:35 0:00 /bin/sh /usr/bin/mysqld_safe mysql 4599 0.0 1.0 160556 21992 Sl 20:35 0:00 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/usr --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid --skip-external-locking --port=3306 --socket=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock root 4600 0.0 0.0 3768 576 S 20:35 0:00 logger -p daemon.err -t mysqld_safe -i -t mysqld satimis 5133 0.0 0.0 5028 828 pts/1 S+ 21:15 0:00 grep mysql

$ cat /var/log/daemon.log | grep 111
No printout

$ cat /var/log/messages | grep 111 Code: Oct 23 08:54:28 ubuntu kernel: [ 24.857900] ata2.00: ATA-7: Maxtor 6V160E0, VA111900, max UDMA/133 Oct 23 08:54:28 ubuntu kernel: [ 33.667111] i2c_adapter i2c-1: nForce2 SMBus adapter at 0x1c40 Oct 23 09:50:31 ubuntu kernel: [ 23.021112] io scheduler cfq registered (default) Oct 23 09:50:31 ubuntu kernel: [ 25.185695] ata2.00: ATA-7: Maxtor 6V160E0, VA111900, max UDMA/133 Oct 23 09:50:31 ubuntu kernel: [ 27.717111] sd 1:0:0:0: Attached scsi disk sda Oct 23 09:50:31 ubuntu kernel: [ 33.805111] ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [AAZA] enabled at IRQ 21 Oct 23 19:05:48 ubuntu kernel: [ 25.327627] ata2.00: ATA-7: Maxtor 6V160E0, VA111900, max UDMA/133 Oct 23 19:43:21 ubuntu kernel: [ 22.142111] ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [LNK8] (IRQs 5 7 9 10 11 14 15) *0, disabled. Oct 23 19:43:21 ubuntu kernel: [ 25.058170] ata2.00: ATA-7: Maxtor 6V160E0, VA111900, max UDMA/133 Oct 23 19:43:21 ubuntu kernel: [ 33.379111] i2c_adapter i2c-0: nForce2 SMBus adapter at 0x1c00 Oct 23 20:35:27 ubuntu kernel: [ 24.573772] ata2.00: ATA-7: Maxtor 6V160E0, VA111900, max UDMA/133

Please advise which log file I have to check How to fix this problem TIA

B.R.
satimis
Posted On: Wednesday 24th of October 2012 08:57:37 PM Total Views:  96
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF MYSQL PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

MySQL Query problem (duplicate results)

there Im having a problem finding duplicate results in a mysql database (a cocktail recipe website). Here the setup: Table 1: 'cocktail' [cid,c_name] (cid = unique cocktail id, c_name = cocktail name) Table 2: 'ingredients': [iid,i_name] (iid = unique ingredient id, i_name = ingredient name) Table 3: 'cocktail_ingredients' (the linking table) [ciid,cid,iid] (ciid = unique row identifier, cid = cocktail cid, iid = ingredient iid) So one cocktail can have multiple rows in the 'cocktail_ingredients' table (1 to many). Setup is fine. The problem Im having now is finding if there are duplicate cocktails in my database. For instance if the cocktail_ingredients table had these entries: cid | iid 1 | 56 1 | 78 1 | 101 . . . 9 | 56 9 | 78 9 | 101 The cocktail is the same (for theoretical purposes here anyway). If the 'cocktail_ingredients' table had one more row ... 9 | 103 Then it wouldn't be the same, as cocktail number 9 includes an extra ingredient. So the mysql has to do 2 checks, firstly that the ingredient count is the same, and secondly that every ingredient id (iid) is the same for corresponding cocktails (cid). Im stumped on this one, any help much appreciated. I'm thinking I might have to head down the PHP route as well to code in something more complex, but I'm struggling there as well so thought this would be a good place to stop and ask.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 24th October 2012
View Replies!

Having some problems with remote MySQL connection

..... I am connecting to a remote MySQL server via my desktop with SQLyog. Now, it seems the user can do all basic stuff, but when I try and create/alter a view it won't allow it...... so I tried granting the SUPER privilege to the user I log into the server with. But this still doesn't work... it says.. Quote: SHOW VIEW command denied to user 'db_user'@'pppxxx-xx-xxx-xxx.lns20.per1.internode.on.net' for table 'view_name' The x's represent my current IP address. Can anyone help me out with this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

MYSQL installation problem

Hi . I am not sure if I am in the proper place but this is the only one I can find, so if I am not suppose to ask here for advise let me know where and I will repost. Now here is the problem I am unsuccessfully trying to install MySql on window 2000 server.. I need to run my test sites for php and mysql before they are published, plus some samples as well that requires db. I used to have 2003 server but it had died and I need quick temporally charge made and only server i have is 2000 iis5, I ma trying to install and at the end of the installation I get security 1045 ( the security settings could not be applied). I know that it 2003 server I insert port 3306 in to window firewall and it solve the problem, what do I do with win2K Any suggestions will be appreciated Thanx Lev
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Replication server problem

I have an aching suspicion that this can't be done, but here's hoping.... So, I have a website CMS that I've developed of my employer. I would like to have a replication setup, so that when I do changes to any tables structure, or some of the tables data, that the changes occur on the slaves. Here's the problem, I have a server I can use as a master, but its not really worth of live sites. We use dreamhost to host our clients sites, so I don't have access so setup mysql to be a slave. Is there any way I can achieve a similar effect without being able to configure my slave Naturally I have regular access to create tables,databases etc, but of course I can't modify the server. Thoughts or ideas
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Ranking SQL problems with thread_stack and max_allowed_packet

Hi all, I've run into a problem with a lengthy piece of ranking SQL which is auto-generated when a user does a search. The sql is causing a "thread_stack" overload and sometimes it's over the "max_allowed_packet" size. What would those who know consider a "reasonable" size setting for each of those The results seems to rank really nicely, but if the code is going to cause me headaches I'll have to just revert back to a real basic method instead. regan
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

JOIN problem

Is there a way to make a query involving several JOINs combine columns I've got a query that looks like this: SELECT questions.QID,qtype,class,TrueFalse.question_text,MultipleChoice.question_text FROM questions LEFT OUTER JOIN TrueFalse ON questions.QID=TrueFalse.QID LEFT OUTER JOIN MultipleChoice ON questions.QID=MultipleChoice.QID; but the result set that it returns contains two 'question_text' columns (one for TrueFalse, one for MultipleChoice). I would like to have these columns combined, so only one 'question_text' column contains all of the data.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Mysql import problem

hi, just moving my forum to another host. trying to import my database using phpmyadmin (mysql 5+ as it was from original host).can anyone advise on a fix please. tia. Error SQL query: -- MyBB Database Backup -- Generated: 04th March 2009 at 19:13 ------------------------------------- -- CREATE TABLE `mybb_adminlog` ( `uid` int( 10 ) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `dateline` bigint( 30 ) NOT NULL default '0', `scriptname` varchar( 50 ) NOT NULL default '', `action` varchar( 50 ) NOT NULL default '', `querystring` varchar( 150 ) NOT NULL default '', `ipaddress` varchar( 50 ) NOT NULL default '', KEY `scriptname` ( `scriptname` , `action` ) ) ENGINE = MYISAM DEFAULT CHARSET = latin1; MySQL said: Documentation #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '--------------------------------------- CREATE TABLE `mybb_adminlog` ( `uid` ' at line 1
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Page 2 - Newbie Join problem

Quote: Originally Posted by dachish5 Each bug can have multiple bug txts... nope, not true, because the bug contains a foreign key to the bug text Code: SELECT p.name AS 'Facility' , COUNT(*) as 'Total Tickets' FROM mantis_bug_table AS b INNER JOIN mantis_bug_text_table AS t ON t.id = b.bug_text_id AND t.description LIKE '%Email Account: Yes%' AND t.description NOT LIKE '%Replacing Existing Position%' INNER JOIN mantis_project_table AS p ON p.id = b.project_id WHERE b.category = 'Security - System Access Form' AND b.date_submitted BETWEEN and GROUP BY p.name
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Upgrade problems and warnings.

my website doesnt' function and displays the message "Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Access denied for user 'SYSTEM'@'localhost' (using password: NO)" this has happend since i upgraded to wamp 5 and mysql 5.1.36 with it. my websites worked perfectly before. i havent' changed any code on my website. any advice would be welcome. i know i could probably ignore the warning by shutting off errors and warnings in php.ini but that would just be covering up the problem.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Weird mySQL script/backup restoration problem on phpMyAdmin

, I am using Plesk on my companys account, from Plesk I use MySQL version 5.0.45 and phpMyAdmin version 2.8.2.4. I have an sql backup file/script automatically done for me by 'mySQL Administrator'. And on this phpMyAdmin I have a user account and a database with the same name already set up, the database has not tables yet because I want them to be generated by my backup file. The problem occurs here; When I go to phpMyAdmin and into the 'Import' tab, I browse for my backup file and press the 'Go' button to restore the database. And the following error appears: ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- Definition of table "apmsystemdb"."tblbannerlanguages" -- CREATE TABLE "apmsystemdb". "tblbannerlanguages"( "fLanguageName"varchar( 80 ) NOT NULL , PRIMARY KEY ( "fLanguageName" ) ) TYPE = InnoDB; MySQL said: Documentation #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '"apmsystemdb"."tblbannerlanguages" ( "fLanguageName" varchar(80) NOT NULL, P' at line 1 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Any idea why this is happening pls cause I'm really confused, the exact same script has worked on my goDaddy.com account, but on this one its giving me these errors... . Also are there any guidelines or steps to follow once a person creates a backup file from 'mySQL Administrator' and wants it to be compatable with phpMyAdmin so that it uploads and restores the databse data without any problems NOTE: I removed the DROP TABLE IF EXISTS statements from my script file as these also were generating erros, don't know why.... ALSO: if you'd like that I upload the whole script on here just ask me Thank you for your help people, RS
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Sorting problem

Having a problem with sorting in mysql the following select sorts the lastupdate column correctly, but sorts the sticky wrong if i reverse "order by lastupdate,sticky" the sticky column is sorted correctly but lastupdate is wrong. SELECT * FROM tblforumthreads t order by sticky,lastupdate desc How do i get it to sort by sticky, then by the lastest dates
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Cant see the problem...

Code: mysql SELECT games.* , categories.cat_name, sum(gamerounds.gr_rounds) AS total_rounds FROM games, categories, category_lookup LEFT JOIN gamerounds ON games.gm_id = gamerounds.gr_game WHERE category_lookup.cl_game = games.gm_id AND category_lookup.cl_category = categories.cat_id ORDER BY categories.cat_name DESC It tells me Unknown column 'games.gm_id' in 'on clause' in the LEFT JOIN section. Can anyone spot why I have made a similar SELECT where I joined ON a column from another table, so I don't see why it wouldn't work here I'm pretty new to SQL though.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Mysql date problems

Hi when i insert a date say 01/10/2008 into my mysql database it then formats it to 10/01/2008 is there a way to stop this happening Ps i am using ASP
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

A query problem DATE_ADD issue

fellows, whats wrong here Cant figure it, seems like there's a problem with the red part!!!! INSERT INTO members (first_name,last_name,email,phone,d_dob,m_dob,y_dob,smoke,sex,date_joined,signed_by,membership_type, payment_option,membership_exp) VALUES ('behnam', 'jaza', '64l@yaghoo.com', '', '6', '5', '1904', 'n', 'm', '2008-09-11', 'site admin', '1 year $ 90', 'credit_cart', 'DATE_ADD( '2008-07-02', INTERVAL 31 DAY )')
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Illegal character problem in the sql file

OK So, I took the dump of the database on the windows server and saw that the first 100 lines look ok to me Then transferred it to the unix server and opened it in vi editor and verified the same But I get this error when I run the sql file at the command prompt mysql -u abc -p < mysqlfile.sql > output.txt ===== ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 1: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the ma nual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use n ear ' /*!40101 SET NAMES utf8 */' at line 1 == I also tried transferring the file using the "force UTF-8" option but still same error. I am using FileZilla Someone has any other idea why its happening and I really dont know this character in any of the editor but when I say cat file| more i can see this character on the first line
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

COUNT problem

Friends Got a table called Ads. It Has a few columns as: id, owner_id, number of clicks,... (Each member has more than 1 Ad) Trying to find the total clicks of all Ads owned by member id 1 Code: SELECT COUNT( clicks) AS CLICKS FROM ad_have WHERE member_id = '1' But this returns wrong results! What am I doing wrong
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Phpmyadmin configuration problem

, I think this issue is related to mysql thread. If not please help as well. I am trying to configure config.inc.php for phpmyadmin. I am doing the following: Code: $cfg['Servers'][$i]['host'] = 'localhost'; $cfg['Servers'][$i]['port'] = ''; $cfg['Servers'][$i]['socket'] = ''; $cfg['Servers'][$i]['connect_type'] = 'tcp'; $cfg['Servers'][$i]['extension'] = 'mysql'; $cfg['Servers'][$i]['compress'] = FALSE; $cfg['Servers'][$i]['controluser'] = 'pma'; $cfg['Servers'][$i]['controlpass'] = 'pmapass'; $cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'http'; $cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = ''; $cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = ''; GRANT USAGE ON mysql.* TO 'pma'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'pmapass'; GRANT SELECT (Host, User, Select_priv, Insert_priv, Update_priv, Delete_priv, Create_priv, Drop_priv, Reload_priv, Shutdown_priv, Process_priv, File_priv, Grant_priv, References_priv, Index_priv, Alter_priv, Show_db_priv, Super_priv, Create_tmp_table_priv, Lock_tables_priv, Execute_priv, Repl_slave_priv, Repl_client_priv) ON mysql.user TO 'pma'@'localhost'; GRANT SELECT ON mysql.db TO 'pma'@'localhost'; GRANT SELECT ON mysql.host TO 'pma'@'localhost'; GRANT SELECT (Host, Db, User, Table_name, Table_priv, Column_priv) ON mysql.tables_priv TO 'pma'@'localhost'; when I open phpmyadmin index page, it doesn't take my root username/password. However I can log into phpmyadmin when I use the same root username and password in config auth_type. Can anyone please point out where I am doing wrong Thank you.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Fix numbering problem

, In the past I was relying on the primary key as a numbering system, I know bad, but I want to fix this. I have created another field and I was wondering if their is a shortcut to populating this field with the correct integer value that should be placed in it Thank you for your time, cranium
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Mysql if problems

I am using this to call a bunch of data Code: SELECT orders.id AS orderID, billName, billAddress, billCity, billState, billZip, billEmail, billPhone, shipName, shipAddress, shipCity, shipState, shipZip, shipEmail, shipPhone, cardType, cardNum, CAST(GROUP_CONCAT( IF(proID=1,'893975002007','') IF(proID=2,'893975002014','') IF(proID=3,'893975002021','') IF(proID=4,'893975002052','') IF(proID=5,'893975002038','') IF(proID=6,'893975002045','') ORDER BY proID DESC SEPARATOR ',') AS CHAR) AS UPC, CAST(GROUP_CONCAT( ORDER BY proID DESC SEPARATOR ',') AS CHAR) AS qty, total_item_price, shipping_price, tax_price, final_price, date FROM products LEFT JOIN orders USING (uniqueID) GROUP BY products.uniqueID The problem comes at the if's mysql seems to only like first if. When I add the others I get an error. Am I missing something to make it execute all of them jarod
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Strange problem with selecting the top N rows from each group

. the following query does not work in the mysql commandline, and php "mysql_query" calls. SET @num :=0, @provider := ''; SELECT product, productcode, row_number FROM ( SELECT product, productcode, @num := IF ( @provider = provider, @num +1, 1 ) AS row_number, @provider := provider AS dummy FROM products WHERE product LIKE '%ell%' ORDER BY provider, productcode ) AS x WHERE x.row_number
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!