MySQL installation issue

I have just started working with Apache, PHP, and MySQL. I had installed MySQL and was working with with marginal success.
I tried installing Apache today and everything went crazy. I am running the Apache in a localhost configuration and MySQL as well. After the installation, I could not log into MySql root. I began to think I had forgotten my password so I attempted to reinstall MySQL. I uninstalled it and rebooted my computer but evertime I attempt to install it stops on the step before setting the security, I think it is when MySql is configuring the host.

I do not have Apache running as a service. So with Apache running or not, the MYSql install fails.
Posted On: Monday 29th of October 2012 06:11:08 AM Total Views:  82
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF MYSQL PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Php mysql joins

hi, am looking for some guidance with my SQL... OK so I am trying to grab all topics from TOPIC which have a certain parent id (WHERE TOPIC.pID = 3 or whatever) but also match each returned row to the USER table to get the users name for the last post in that topic (match TOPIC.lastUID with USER.ID) problem is its only returning one row Code: "SELECT TOPIC.ID, TOPIC.pID, TOPIC.lastUID, TOPIC.TITLE FROM TOPIC INNER JOIN USER ON TOPIC.lastUID = USER.ID WHERE CP.pID = '$FORUM_id'"; can I do this all in one sql statement
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Major mysql slowdown out of the blue on localhost

Alright, so I just switchted to my laptop from my desktop which is running the following config: PHP 5.2.5 Mysql 5.0.45 Pretty much the default wamp server 2.0 config and the mysql imports I'm runing right now for a pretty small database (I'm pretty sure it's empty) with 38 tables is taking 750s... WTF I recently installed the following software, but I don't see how it would make a difference: Azuereus Vuze Peergaurdian Flashget Blocklist manager Furthermore while the import is running everything is significantly slowed down, ie launching applications is taking way longer. The file I am importing is 2.43mb and is taking 700s... Something is wrong right I'm pretty sure it was way faster before. I dont think there is a significant downturn for performance for the overall computer. Anyway ideas on how to benchmark this I might just reinstall wamp, because I dont see any other options. It seems like a really ambigious issue. , I'm home for the weekend from college, I will have access back to desktop on Monday. So... obviously there is something wrong. The mysql database is not running any queries and the computer is pretty much idle. I am tyring to execute the following query and it is saying that there is a syntax error at 'mysql etc.': mysql -u root -p -h localhost makemylifefun d:/wamp/mysql_imports/littlebops.sql I do have a password... Should i enter it after the -p command Really sorry. I do google and i feel embarrased for asking for help with commands... http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/import-mysql-dumpfile-sql-datafile-into-my-database/
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

How to restore mysql databases from /var/lib/mysql/user_database/ files only?

as the title asks. I recently had a harddrive failure and luckliy I can still access certain directories on this failed drive. I can still access the /var/lib/mysql/ directory which holds all the users databases and have backed all these up separately using tar. Now what I need to know is how do you restore these database files to another server I tried simply untar'ing one of these to the new servers /var/lib/mysql/ direcotry and it stuffed Mysql up - it went offline. I had to get a cpanel tech to bring Mysql back online. So how can I get these database files to fully work on a new server Please any help would be greatly appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Using mysql query browser on plesk driven VPS

Hi all, I'm trying to connect mysql's query browser tool to use on my vps account at the planet. I was able to use the query browser tool at work on a non-plesk setup, so I understand how to connect, I just don't know what to do on a VPS account with multiple domains and IP addresses. I would use php myadmin through plesk, but my account is having Plesk license issue thats been going on for several days (not my fault and I can't fix it) and I'm kinda dead in the water. Support at the planet will not help me connect since it's beyond their scope of support, even though the tools they provide are unavailable to me. I hate the planet... Has someone used mysql's query browser on a VPS type setup or on a plesk controlled hosting situation that might be able to lend some advice
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Which file/folder mysql user/password is kept

Hi we are using plesk on a windows server. the mysql tab in plesk is disabled and on our site this error is displayed. Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'user'@'localhost' (using password: YES). So we cannot do anything from plesk control panel (it seems that is missed up the username/password). But all our databases are intact as I had a look through the remote desktop. Which folder/file this username/pasword is kept for mysql databases in mysql folder any help would be appreciated
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Mysql backup using automysqlbackup.sh.2.5

Ok, ive edited the file. I've uploaded it to /backup/ on the server and now I want to run this backup script. I have created a cron job in Plesk Control pannel 8.1.1 The command is : /usr/local/bin/php -q /var/www/vhosts/commusoft.co.uk/httpdocs/backup/automysqlbackup.sh.2.5 But nothing is happening, i'm not receiving any mail telling me somethings gone wrong etc. I assume it must have something to do with the command Any ideas anyone
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Problem using phpesp with mysql

I have created a form using phpesp and I want to see the data in the database but I cannot see it. the survey works fine and can see the data in the view result page in the phpesp but when I enter the database using phpmyadmin I simply don't know were to find it. any help
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Query help for a PHP/mysql page.

I'm debugging a query I'm using php to send, but when I run the page, it's giving me an error which I don't know why it's an error. I've echo'd the query that it's sending, as well as the error result. If any more information is needed, please let me know. INSERT INTO mainb (VIN, MAKE, MODEL, YEAR, VENDOR, DEALER, CUSTOMER, CUSTADDRES, ADDRESS2, CITY, STATE, ZIP, COUNTRY, CONTACT, TELNO, CUSTPO, ORDERNO, INVOICENO, INVDATE, INSERVICE, VACMODELNO, VACSERNO, GPM_PSI, GALLONS, CHENGMAKE, CHENGMODEL, CHENGHP, CENGSERNO, TRANSMAKE, TRANSMODNO, TRANSSERNO, WPUMPMAKE, WPUMPMODNO, WPSERNO, AUXENGMAKE, AUXENGMOD, AUXENGSN, PAINTCODES, PTMODULE, PTCAB, PTSTMODULE, PTSTCAB, PTSTBOOM, MISCINFO, S700NO, HYDROPUMP, HYDROPUMP#2, HYDPUMPMOD, HYDPUMPSN, HYDPUMPMOD#2, HYDPUMPSN#2, HYDROMOTOR, HYDROMOTOR#2, HYDMOTORSN, HYDMOTORSN#2, PUMPOFFMAK, PUMPOFFMOD, PUMPOFFSN, TRANCASEMK, TRANCASMOD, TRANCASESN, BLOWERMAKE, BLOWERMOD, BLOWERSN, SSMAKE, SSMODEL, SSSERIAL, PTOMAKE, PTOMODEL, PTOSERIAL, CARDRECD, UPSSIGD, SIGNBY, WATERDECAL, FOLLOWUP, EXTENDED, WIRELESSREMOTE, INSPECTORCAM, ELEGIBLE) VALUES('TEST', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '')You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'VALUES('TEST', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '' at line 2
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Arabic text in mysql

I have a database for storing company data for various print catalogues. Now we have a requirement to get Arabic information from companies as well. Hence, the company data table should now contain Arabic text along with the English. To achieve that I first converted the table from latin1 to UTF8 (utf8_general_ci). Then I changed the charcter set on my web pages containing the update forms to UTF-8. Now, the arabic data entered using the webpages is displayed fine in the resultant php pages, but when we want to see the same data in mysql (using mysql query browser/SQL yog/EMS Mysql Manager) the data shows up in binary form or \t\t. I fail to understand how can I view Arabic text as it is in a mysql query window, so that when I epxort data it comes as it is and does not come in form of special characters. Have tried searching the net but no solutions have worked so far. Kindly advise. Best regards Hitendra
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Where is mysql.server

Hi folks, CentOS 4.4 amd64 I'm following; Virtual Users With Postfix, PostfixAdmin, Courier, Mailscanner, ClamAV On CentOS http://www.howtoforge.com/virtual_u...lamav_centos_p4 to build the server. Coming to P-4 # /etc/init.d/mysql.server start Code: bash: /etc/init.d/mysql.server: No such file or directory # /etc/init.d/mysqld status Code: mysqld (pid 3164) is running... MySQL is running. At the bottom of P-4 CentOS manner: /etc/init.d/mysql.server start /etc/init.d/saslauthd start /etc/init.d/courier-authlib start /etc/init.d/courier-imap start /etc/init.d/postfix start The other 4 commands worked without problem Where is mysql.server TIA B.R. satimis
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Getting mysql to work with php5

I edit php.ini removing ";" from in front of extension=php_mysql.dll and copyed the lib file over to my system32 folder but it still not working any idea's as to why
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

How can we conver mysql 5.0.22 database into MySQL 4.1.20?

Is there any way to convert database developed in MySQL 5.0.22 into MySQL 4.1.20 RISHI
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Import Xml file to mysql table

What are the ways of importing xml file to mysql table. Please help me on this.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Error in syntax? INSERT via PHP using mysql_query

Receiving the following error. (The last paragraph is my own for debugging.) Quote: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'INSERT INTO menu_item (menu_type_id,menu_category_id,product_id) VALUES('3','2',' at line 1 Error, INSERT(s) of product item(s) to menu_item table failed I am running the query from PHP as follows: PHP Code: //INSERTINTOmenu_itemtable \t\t\t\t$front_sql="INSERTINTOmenu_item(menu_type_id,menu_category_id,product_id)VALUES("; \t\t\t\t$insert_sql="";//concatenateinserttothisvarforexecution \t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t//geteachcategorysetforeachmenu_typeandconcatenateSQL \t\t\t\tfor($i=0;isset($_POST["prod_menu_types$i"]);$i++){ \t\t\t\t\t\t$type_sql="'".$_POST["prod_menu_types$i"]."','"; \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tforeach($_POST["prod_categories$i"]as$categories){ \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t$cat_sql=$categories."','".$product_id."')"; \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t$insert_sql.=$front_sql.$type_sql.$cat_sql; \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t} \t\t\t\t} //executeSQL \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tmysql_query($insert_sql)ordie(mysql_error().'Error,INSERT(s)ofproductitem(s)tomenu_itemtablefailed'); When I echo $insert_sql I get the following so I know that the query is being concatenated properly: Code: INSERT INTO menu_item (menu_type_id,menu_category_id,product_id) VALUES('2','3','10'); INSERT INTO menu_item (menu_type_id,menu_category_id,product_id) VALUES('3','2','10'); INSERT INTO menu_item (menu_type_id,menu_category_id,product_id) VALUES('3','3','10'); I've also gone ahead and run the above in the SQL window of PHPMyAdmin and it executed successfully Which is why I am particularly confused...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Error when using mysql control center

Quote: ERROR 1109: Unknown table '1' in information_schema Quote: [stuff] ERROR 1146: Table 'cdcol.1' doesn't exist Quote: [stuff] ERROR 1146: Table 'mysql.1' doesn't exist Quote: [stuff] ERROR 1146: Table 'webauth.1' doesn't exist I get that error when ever i try to access any tables in mysql control centre. The error is almost the same, except for the database name. It does this even on a clean install. Im using xampp
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Cannot insert data via php to mysql

hello all.. I'm having a problem here. I'm using PHP 5 and Apache 2 on WIndows XP Proff. Using also phpmyadmin and mysql GUI tools. The problem is that when i'm trying to insert data throught php sript like this: PHP Code:
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Execute mysqldump command in a file

Hi all, I have a file containing the mysqldump command looks like this: mysqldump -t CPS_Trans Transactions --where:"(TerminalId = 06670002 and ..... I want to know how I can execute that file so that I can output th result to a another text file. ex.: mysqldump.sql > result.sql
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

calling all mysql gurus .... its @var time!

Actually, I'm guessing this won't work because of GROUP by even though I can't COUNT without it. My question is the manual makes it sound like this bugs with multi rows and I could limit 1 so I don't get multi will that still fail I'll build an alternative method for now and await confirmation .. but I think I know the anwser.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Errors in my mysql

Hi when I load my script I get this error: Quote: Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/nethos60/public_html/recipes/siteadmin/login.php on line 13 Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/nethos60/public_html/recipes/siteadmin/login.php on line 22 But I don't know what it means but I think the mysql tables didn't get setup because I think there is an error in my install.sql file: http://www.home-recipes.net/database.sql Here is a screenshot of the error I got in the myphpadmin: http://www.home-recipes.net/mysql_error.png Anyway thanks and lookforward in finding out what is wrong with this script. More errors: http://www.home-recipes.net
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Running mysql 3.23.58 - need help with a complex SELECT

I'm developing a site that is intended to allow users to trade gif files with one another. A gif uploader can assign one or more "search keys" to each gif he uploads from a bank of available search keys. The uploader can assign up to 3 keys per gif. So here's the bare bones table structure: gif.gif_id search_key.search_key_id search_key.search_key_name gif_search_key.gif_id gif_search_key.search_key_id Those 3 tables allow the linking to occur. Of course there are many other attributes that a general gif browser can search among, so I am query building on a php page (ok, kind of irrelevant). Let's ignore everything but the ability to find all gifs that pertain to a certain key. (Please ignore the unnecessary parenthesis... I need them for the query building method I am using) I can query for all gifs that hold one particular key: SELECT * FROM gif, gif_search_key WHERE (gif_search_key.gif_id = gif.gif_id AND (gif_search_key.search_key_id = '2')) And I can query for all gifs that hold at least one of two particular keys: SELECT * FROM gif, gif_search_key WHERE (gif_search_key.gif_id = gif.gif_id AND (gif_search_key.search_key_id = '2' OR gif_search_key.search_key_id = '1')) But I cannot figure out how to query for gifs that hold both of two particular keys. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. As a PHP developer, my mysql skills are just good enough for me to get by. Please note that I am limited to mysql v. 3.23.58.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!