locating phpmyadmin login

So, I need to edit some content on a website that someone else built. It appears that it was built using joomla. http://newportsportsclub.com/

I have the ftp, but I don't know the login to joomla admin. The owner thinks he knows the phpmyadmin username and password, but I don't know what url to go to in order to reset the password for joomla.

From what I understand I can only reset the password using phpmyadmin. Oh and of course we don't have access to the email that is set up for the admin on joomla.

How do I figure out the phpmyadmin url\t

Posted On: Monday 31st of December 2012 01:44:16 AM Total Views:  477
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF MYSQL PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

how do I get phpmyadmin for localhost testing?

I followed the steps in the 4th edition of the "Build Your Own Database Driven Web Site" book but there was nothing in there about setting up phpmyadmin. I am running windows xp. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get phpmyadmin set up
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 25th October 2012
View Replies!

adding mysql user - only root is able to login from a remote client.

hey all. need some quick help with user admin in mysql. so currently, I have a linux box with port 3306 open or mysql administration using navicat. I'm able to connect to the mysql server through navicat if I'm using the "root" username. For some reason, whenever I attempt to add a new user to mysql, i'm not able to connect to mysql through navicat or the mysql prompt. First, trying to add user for localhost: INSERT INTO user (Host,User,Password) VALUES('localhost','aaron',PASSWORD('abc123$')); Then grant privileges: GRANT ALL ON *.* TO aaron@localhost; Now when I try: $mysql -u aaron -p I enter in the password (abc123$) and it tells me access denied.. What am I missing I think If I get past this then the navicat client will work fine.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 25th October 2012
View Replies!

Group By and IF statement

I am attempting to get a simple query working: select *,MAX(a.teaching_date) as max, MIN(a.teaching_date) as min from teaching a, topic_cat b where a.teaching_topic = b.topic_id or a.teaching_topic = 999 group by a.teaching_topic order by a.teaching_date DESC This all works, except I don't want to 'group by a.teaching_topic' if a.teaching_topic = 999. Anyone know how to do this Thank you.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Get Records that don't exist in linked table

I have one table (members) and a linked table (payments) and I trying to retrieve all the records in the members table that don't have a record in the payments table. The payments table is linked to the members table by memberId. Does anyone know how I would compare the two tables and bring back only the members that don't have a record in the payments table
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Sort of Like Distinct

Is there a way to retrieve a set number of duplicate results For example, I have a calendar application and I want to retrieve only 4 results per day. The data is like this: Woo, 6 Yes, 6 Foo, 6 Bar, 6 Yay, 6 where those 5 entries are from the 6th of the month, so basically I want to limit each distinct date to 4 results. Any clues
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Inserting a unique random number

How can I insert a unique random number into a mySQL table Like: 347845, 578945, 787433, etc. Is there a built-in mySQL function to do this Must it be done with the programming language (in this case PHP) How Is it possible to do it without having to query the table to make sure the value has not been used previously I was thinking perhaps using microtime, or something similar, but the number would have to be much longer then, wouldn't it TIA. D.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Sql query help 3 table join + case statement?

3 tables: users: userId, email, friendId (fk -> userId of users table) posts: postId, post, ownerId (fk -> userId of users table) purchases: purchaseId, amount, userId (fk -> userId of users table) Trying to write a query to select, for each user in the users table, their userId & email, along with 3 things I can't figure out how to do: 1) # of as determined by the number of rows in the users table where the friendId field has this userId in it 2) number of purchases, as determined by the number of rows in the purchases table where the userId field has this userId in it 3) added a post they want the letter 'Y' if there is any row in the post table where the ownerId field has this userId in it, else they want the letter 'N' I couldn't even do the simple counting of friends. I tried: Code: SELECT u.userId, u.email, COUNT(u.friendId) AS numFriends FROM users u WHERE u.friendId=u.userId GROUP BY u.userId I'm guessing the number of purchases will be solved by doing the same thing that counts the number of but the Y/N thing....I don't even know where to start.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Unable to send grouped vallue to sub query

Please help me in resolving this problem the query is SELECT DAY_NBR ||' '||HOUR_NBR ||' '||MINUTE_NBR AS "@TIMEPOINT", RTRIM ( xmlagg (xmlelement (c, procedure_nm || ', ')).extract ('//text()'), ', ' ) AS "@LABEL", RTRIM ( xmlagg (xmlelement (c, procedure_id || ', ')).extract ('//text()'), ', ' ) AS "@PROCEDURE_ID", cursor (SELECT SUBJECT_NBR AS "@LABEL",TO_CHAR (PSUB.procedure_tm,'HH24:MI') AS "@TIME", PROCEDURE_ID AS "@PROCEDURE_ID", PROCEDURE_SUB_ID AS "@PROCEDURE_SUB_ID" FROM PROCEDURE_SUBJECT_TIME PSUB WHERE PSUB.ACTIVE_FLG = 1 AND PSUB.PROCEDURE_ID in pr.PROCEDURE_ID ORDER BY PSUB.procedure_tm,PROCEDURE_ID )AS VOLUNTEER FROM SCHEDULE_PROCEDURE PR WHERE active_flg = 1 and SCHEDULE_ID = 200900195269 group BY day_nbr,hour_nbr,minute_nbr,procedure_nm; and the error getting is ORA-00979: not a GROUP BY expression.please mail me back, if we need any more information.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Mysql sock and security problem

Hi , having problems with mysql.sock...tried to look online for help but none of the solutions seem to work for me. so i installed mysql on mac(i have already tried re-installing it several times) when i start the server using the command, " sudo /Library/StartupItems/MySQLCOM/MySQLCOM start" it takes the command just fine but the console shows this error: "9/5/08 4:57:01 PM com.apple.launchd[1] (0x10e0a0.nohup[525]) Could not setup Mach task special port 9: (os/kern) no access" after that anything i type including:"mysql -u root" i get: "ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)" can anyone give me an idea of what's going on and what i should do i tried stuff like "mysql_install_db5", doesnt seem to work. help please
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Way in mySql for a stored proc that returns multiple restulsets

I am coming from MS SQL and just now playing around w/ mySQL. Is there a way to write a stored procedure that would return 2 resulsts I believe there is no NOCOUNT keyword in mySQL. here is my stored proc Code: CREATE DEFINER=`root`@`localhost` PROCEDURE `test_friends`(param1 Varchar(100)) BEGIN select * from friends where location = 'wonderland'; select * from friends; END upon running this stored proc I only get results from first select statement.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Need help restoring .sql file

I just installed MySQL 5.x, and it's been a while since I've used an earlier version of the program. I have phpMyAdmin, but I'm still trying to figure out the syntax for the config.inc.php file, so I can't use that program for a while. My earlier version of MySQL let me restore a backup like this: C:\mysql\bin> mysql -p forums
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Multi-part identifier error

I am getting the foll error message: Msg 4104, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 The multi-part identifier "TM_Category.ID" could not be bound. Here is my code: select * from te_TimeCapture, tm_Category TM_project, te_timesheet, TM_User, te_list_timeCaptureType where TM_Category.ID = TE_TimeCapture.CategoryCID order by TE_TimeCapture.CategoryCID Does anyone know what this means
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 10th November 2012
View Replies!

Multipurpose Stored Procedure!?!

How do I create a stored procedure that can be used for multiple purposes.. so far most examples are select statements sending values, but they are targeting a specific field in the table. I want to create a stored procedure that the field and value are dynamically looked for. Example: I have a table called "notes" and I have a bunch of foreign keys in there so that I can have notes for different sections of our application. Notes for "contacts", "leads", "sales orders", "purchase orders", "vendors", etc.. So; I would like to write a stored procedure that will access the database dynamically. Code: -- create my stored procedure CREATE PROCEDURE sp_GetNotes @fk varchar(20), @id int AS SELECT * FROM notes WHERE @fk=@id ORDER BY dtime DESC -- access it like this Exec sp_GetNotes so, 398 Exec sp_GetNotes contact, 11 Exec sp_GetNotes leads, 10222 ..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 12th November 2012
View Replies!

Failure comverting datetime

I have a SQL 2005 DB and using ASP VB. I have a form that a user selects 'Month' and 'year' to run a 6-month forecast report. I'm trying to make the results page load up the next 6 months'-worth of month names in a table. So if a user selects 'June', the results page will load up 'June', 'July' etc. But whatever I try, when I run the code in the browser it just gives me the error: Conversion failed when converting datetime from character string. PLease can anybody help with this, I've not found anything through searching that's helping as yet. Code: Untitled Document                                    
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 19th November 2012
View Replies!

Excluding Records from a select statement

Hi Just want to know if it possible to exclude records from a select statement. I have two tables one with news stories and one contains the stories the user has read. i want to produce a list of stories that the user has not read. tblRead = UserID, StoryID tblNews = StoryID, Headline, Summary etc. can anyone suggest a way i can generate a recordset containing all the stories in tblNews that are not listed for the UserID in tblRead. if that makes sense.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

hi asp.net with vb.net and some sql stuffs

hi are there any smart willing to help a dumb girl out with a project in asp.net with vb.net and usage of sql. i have to make a small login page and some sort of sql login after that. but if u can help
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Performance Issue( URGENT plz)

my query is: i selected 6 columns from database table. then i wrote CASE for 2 virtual columns as q1py_bu and q1py_tot. like this i need to generate more than 70 columns this select statement. so it takes huge time for the query which i mentioned below. select Rhead,BU,Sub_bu,report_order,sub_bu_order,q1py, case when sub_bu=''ISS'' then (select q1py from sam a where a.sub_bu=''ESS'' and a.rhead=b.rhead) when sub_bu=''TS'' then (select q1py from sam a where a.sub_bu=''Services'' and a.rhead=b.rhead) when sub_bu=''SW'' then (select q1py from sam a where a.sub_bu=''SW'' and a.rhead=b.rhead) else NULL end as q1py_bu, case when sub_bu=''ISS'' then (select q1py from sam a where a.sub_bu=''TSG'' and a.rhead=b.rhead) when sub_bu like ''R&D'' and rhead in (''Region owned opex'',''% of revenue'',''Region opex'',''Region opex%'') then (select q1py from sam a where a.sub_bu like ''TSG'' and a.rhead=b.rhead) else NULL end as q1py_tot, last_update from sam b where sub_bubu and eport_order
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 20th November 2012
View Replies!

FoxPro SQL Problem

Can someone help me with the SET NEAR ON command. The following code works, but it will not return a record that has "Fred Flinstone" in the field, "task". The end result tells me that there are no records found. The index expression I used to create newkey tag is ALLTRIM(task)+DTOC(compdate) Here's the code for the Find button: SET NEAR ON IF m.find = 1 AND NOT EMPTY(m.findthis) SELECT * ; FROM bashproc ; WHERE bashproc.task = ALLTRIM(m.findthis) ; INTO CURSOR pickone IF _tally > 0 && I found at least one record that matched...... SELECT pickone BROWSE m.f1=pickone.task m.f2=pickone.compdate SELECT bashproc SET ORDER TO TAG newkey IF SEEK(ALLTRIM(pickone.task)+DTOC(pickone.compdate), "bashproc") SELECT bashproc SCATTER MEMVAR MEMO SET ORDER TO CLEAR READ RETURN ELSE WAIT WINDOW "Seek Into BASHProc Failed" ENDIF ELSE WAIT WINDOW "No Matching Record(s) found" ENDIF ELSE WAIT WINDOW "Search Canceled!" NOWAIT ENDIF CLEAR READ
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

count help

I have an ASP page that connects to a db with a table called comments. The comments table lists comments made for a number of projects and each project can have multiple comments. What I need to do is group each project and return the number of comments each project has. I can use the following SQL: Code: SELECT project_id, Count(comment_id) AS NoOfComments FROM comments GROUP BY projectid but it only returns projects that have 1 or more comment and I want to have all projects listed even if they don't have any comments eg: ProjectID - NoOfComments Project 1 - 3 comments Project 2 - 0 comments Project 3 - 0 comments Project 4 - 1 comments Project 5 - 0 comments If anyone can shed any light on how to go about doing this I would be very
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Comparing Dates in ASP

Originally posted by : Jimmy (jimmy_jian@hotmail.com)I have a question about comparing dates in SOL.I try to select record from database according to the date using:Orders.Source = "SELECT * From Table WHERE SomeDate BETWEEN " & "#" & BeginDate & "#" & " AND " & "#" & EndDate & "#"where BeginDate and EndDate are all in format mm/dd/yyyy and I believe the field "SomeDate" in database is with type "TEXT" and format mm/dd/yyyyThe result seems that in this way, the Dates are compared by value of "String" instead of "Date", which is not what I want. I type using CAST in my SQL command, Like CAST(SomeDate AS Date), it did n't work either.I don't think I can change the data type in database. So is there any way I can solve my problemThank you for your help.Jimmy
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Validate text box entries...

My company site was hit with an SQL injection attack. Nothing major happened and we were able to clean up the mess in a couple of hours. In looking in to ways of stopping these attacks, one of the more suggested was to limit what can be passed through to the database by limiting and validating what people can put in the text boxes. The site is written in ASP, the database is a 2005 MS SQL database. Can anyone either tell me how and where to put the code for validation or point me to a tutorial with a good walk through on doing this As a complete novice to databases and only someone who tinkers with ASP programming, I need some simple straightforward answers...if there are any.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 26th November 2012
View Replies!

Error Handling!!!

Here is an example ------------------------------------- stored procedure ------------------------------------ create spupdaterecords @input1 int as Declare @errorCount begin tran if @input1 = 1 update table set field = 0 else update table set field = -1 if @@error 0 Begin rollback tran select @errorCount = @@error End Commit tran Go ------------------------------------------------ asp ------------------------------------------------ set rs = createobject("adodb.recordset") sql = "spupdaterecords 1" rs.open sql, conn ---------------------------- now this is how iam executing the stored procedure, now when i say response.write rs("errorCount") its giving me an error, saying object is not found in the stored procedure. how can i get this value in asp
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Single SQL Statement

I have 3 identical tables. Let us say that it just contains 2 columns company_code and price. Is it possible to get the first occurrence of the price for example company_code='MSFT' from all these tables. In other words if the table 1 contain the price for MSFT then the output should only display the value from table 1 and ignore table 2 and 3, else it should check in table 2 and ignore table 3 or else it should display from table 3.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Sql Server

Originally posted by : Anuradha (varada_anuradha@hotmail.com), I am a beginner in SQL Server with knowledge only in Access and oracle. If anyone could point me to any good online tutorials then please let me know of any site that can help me in a great way
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

how to write a select query with condition ?

I want to pick students based on user input to a select query. Example: ---------- if input = -1 which means all students .. then I want to select all students if input = studentId then I want to select that specific student only. my problem is , How do I feed these conditions into where clause of the select query As far as I know I can not use IF ELSE in where clause. What is the way to select students based on conditions What should be the structure of the query , Originally Posted by windowsxp also OR part is not going to execute Why , Originally Posted by windowsxp because red part will execute to fetch zero records ....skipping OR part. You didn't try it did you I don't know what DB you are using, but I've never seen anyone that does what you are describing. What use would OR be if the second part would never be executed
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 29th December 2012
View Replies!