how to install PHPbb2 on mysql 5+ (was "Grrrr")

I am sooooo new to the net world I am runnin WAMP Server.

I need to know how to install PHPbb2 on mysql 5+ The problem i am haveing is that PHPmyAdmin is saying that i have a database but no tables.....

when i trie to install phpbb2 on this data base it says i do not have access to the database.... can anyone help me....

all this is on win 32x
Posted On: Monday 29th of October 2012 06:13:20 AM Total Views:  140
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF MYSQL PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Jrew not working in oracle installation

Thanks in advance. I tried to install Oracle 9i in vista home edition .My installation was aborted with the error message as jrew not working.Please assist me if any one has an idea of it. Thank you
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 21st October 2012
View Replies!

Please help newbie with MySQL installation

I hate to harass you with a completely newbie question, but I've battled with this for several days. Please lend a hand. I'm following Kevin Yank's book, "Build Your Own DB-Driven Website, Using PHP and MySQL". I installed PHP on my (Windows XP) computer and tested it - worked fine. Then I installed MySQL 5.0 all went well, including the final window of the installation wizard, which said that the installation was successful. Problem occurs when I open mysqld.exe. The "command prompt/dos" window opens, but does not accept any input (keystrokes, etc.). After about 15 seconds, it spontaneously closes. I can open it as many times as I like, but it behaves the same. Now the PHP no longer responds to the date tutorial, which worked previously! Ahhhh! Since then, I've reinstalled the 5.0 and 4.1 versions - on 2 machines several times (after uninstalling each time), reinstalled windows XP on this machine, read this forum for hours, etc. Please could someone put me on the right path or in touch with someone who could help me
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 21st October 2012
View Replies!

mysql install problem on mac os x 10.4.8

I'm
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Resetting MySQL Root Password / Uninstalling

Folks, I'm looking for a straight forward way to change a forgotten root password ..... or is there a way to uninstall it completely and i'll just reinstalled it again. I dont have any databases setup on it that i need to keep so its ok to uninstall it, as long as i can reinstall it again later. Any ideas Ref: I'm getting this message ... Quote: ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 24th October 2012
View Replies!

Which version of mysql do I install? [was: Need Help]

Guys, I need some help regarding MySQL. I have a laptop with Core2Duo 2.o ghz and 1 GB RAM. Earlier I was installing Oracle 11g but it is not suitable for the meagre ram size and the processor power in my laptop with windows 7. Pls Let me know which version of MySQL is right for me to learn the DCL and DML on SQL creating multiple databases and query usage on this without much taxing my system.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to install MySQL on window 7 ?

Hi.. How to install MYSQL on window 7 .. Could somebody help me Thank you, Baharin
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

MYSQL installation problem

Hi . I am not sure if I am in the proper place but this is the only one I can find, so if I am not suppose to ask here for advise let me know where and I will repost. Now here is the problem I am unsuccessfully trying to install MySql on window 2000 server.. I need to run my test sites for php and mysql before they are published, plus some samples as well that requires db. I used to have 2003 server but it had died and I need quick temporally charge made and only server i have is 2000 iis5, I ma trying to install and at the end of the installation I get security 1045 ( the security settings could not be applied). I know that it 2003 server I insert port 3306 in to window firewall and it solve the problem, what do I do with win2K Any suggestions will be appreciated Thanx Lev
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Problem in installing MySQL Connector

I have successfully installed the MySQL client program in my machine, When I try to install the mysql connector [mysql-connector-odbc-3.51.15r409], I get the error, configure: error: Could not use the single thread MySQL client library, please check config.log for errors during the ./configure. How to resolve this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Problem on installing MySQL

Hi folks, Ubuntu 7.04 server amd64 MySQL 5.0.38 On installing MySQL and coming to; $ sudo mysqladmin -h ubuntu.xyz.com root password myrootsqlpassword Code: mysqladmin: connect to server at 'ubuntu.satimis.com' failed error: 'Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111' $ hostname -f Code: ubuntu.xyz.com $ ps aux | grep mysql Code: root 4557 0.0 0.0 3860 572 S 20:35 0:00 /bin/sh /usr/bin/mysqld_safe mysql 4599 0.0 1.0 160556 21992 Sl 20:35 0:00 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/usr --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid --skip-external-locking --port=3306 --socket=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock root 4600 0.0 0.0 3768 576 S 20:35 0:00 logger -p daemon.err -t mysqld_safe -i -t mysqld satimis 5133 0.0 0.0 5028 828 pts/1 S+ 21:15 0:00 grep mysql $ cat /var/log/daemon.log | grep 111 No printout $ cat /var/log/messages | grep 111 Code: Oct 23 08:54:28 ubuntu kernel: [ 24.857900] ata2.00: ATA-7: Maxtor 6V160E0, VA111900, max UDMA/133 Oct 23 08:54:28 ubuntu kernel: [ 33.667111] i2c_adapter i2c-1: nForce2 SMBus adapter at 0x1c40 Oct 23 09:50:31 ubuntu kernel: [ 23.021112] io scheduler cfq registered (default) Oct 23 09:50:31 ubuntu kernel: [ 25.185695] ata2.00: ATA-7: Maxtor 6V160E0, VA111900, max UDMA/133 Oct 23 09:50:31 ubuntu kernel: [ 27.717111] sd 1:0:0:0: Attached scsi disk sda Oct 23 09:50:31 ubuntu kernel: [ 33.805111] ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [AAZA] enabled at IRQ 21 Oct 23 19:05:48 ubuntu kernel: [ 25.327627] ata2.00: ATA-7: Maxtor 6V160E0, VA111900, max UDMA/133 Oct 23 19:43:21 ubuntu kernel: [ 22.142111] ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [LNK8] (IRQs 5 7 9 10 11 14 15) *0, disabled. Oct 23 19:43:21 ubuntu kernel: [ 25.058170] ata2.00: ATA-7: Maxtor 6V160E0, VA111900, max UDMA/133 Oct 23 19:43:21 ubuntu kernel: [ 33.379111] i2c_adapter i2c-0: nForce2 SMBus adapter at 0x1c00 Oct 23 20:35:27 ubuntu kernel: [ 24.573772] ata2.00: ATA-7: Maxtor 6V160E0, VA111900, max UDMA/133 Please advise which log file I have to check How to fix this problem TIA B.R. satimis
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to install mysql on mac os x ???

could someone please point me to instructions for installing mysql on mac os x 10.4.1 the instructions listed on mysql.org and the developers section of apple.com are not working. every step by step tutorial seems to print out error messages in the terminal. i also tried installing/re-installing from the latest pkg file, before re-trying whatever terminal commands. any suggestions would be appreciated. obviously, i'm new to mac / unix, so the more help the better.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Just installed mysql - cannot log in to change password

I am borderline about to throw my computer out the window....I have installed, removed, installed again, removed again mysql 5.0 on my brand new Fedora 5 core with little success. I am logged in as root, and can get mysqld to start, however when I attempt to change my password by the following: mysql -u root I get the following message: ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) How can I be denied if I just installed the damm thing!! I do not get this at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am logged in as root, I'm have just installed mysql - what do I do , Also check this thread if you haven't already. Another user has just gone through what sounds like a similar set of issues, you might find some clues there. , files ending .gz are usually a type of zip file. Sounds like it may have been downloaded but not unzipped. Can you describe exactly what you did to install mysql , Quote: Originally Posted by askjoe yum install mysql This is the exact command I used Are you certain you didn't install the mysql client alone Unless I'm mistaken, fedora packages mysql client and server in seperate packages. Try 'yum install mysql-server'. , Hmm. It's been awhile since I ran either Redhat or Fedora. What is the output of this command: Code: chkconfig --list | grep 'mysql' , Ok, so it indicates that it is installed and set to run at init level 5 (basic multiuser / X runlevel), so that's fine as long as you're logged in to X. I might change it to run in both '3' and '5', but it should be ok for now. Ok, how about trying these commands (as root or superuser) Code: /etc/init.d/mysqld restart and Code: netstat -autv | grep 'mysql' and finally Code: grep 'localhost' /etc/hosts That last command there, I'm curious if you're simply missing a 'localhost' entry in your /etc/hosts file. , Hmm, well as they say, "that's a good one". Everything seems to indicate that the server is installed, running and ready to accept connections, from any IP, on the default port. Have you run down the list of 'causes of access denied errors' I'm not certain where the log might be, have you checked /var/log Which version of mysql-server is installed Do you have the latest updates Have you had any success logging in as the MySQL 'root' user Have you tried simply logging in as a guest user, e.g. simply calling the `mysql` command without specifying a user with the -u switch Tried logging in as 'root' or the guest user with your 'other' hostname, e.g. the machine name Code: mysql -u root -h xyz Where 'xyz' is your hostname.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

What Linux to install for mysql

I am creating a dedicated DB server running mysql. What is the best linux to install for this Also the db server will have its own ip is there any other additional security measures that should be taken thanks , VectorLinux may be a good choice. It's a faster version of slackware, but it's based on slackware, so you should get good stability. Haven't played with it very much yet. SoL (Server Optimized Linux) is another one to look at. It's designed to be just a server. OpenBSD is the most secure solution, however I don't know what the performance of MySQL is on a BSD platform compared to a Linux platform.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Page 2 - Trying to install

if im on the myadmin screen and i goto select database, the databases i created in the command prompt are there. so php is connecting to mysql now. but for some reason php isnt workign correct i think... its not displaying a lot of stuff...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Securing new mysql installation

I just installed mysql 4.x on Kubuntu 5.10 via apt-get. I want to secure the account as per the instructions found at: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/default-privileges.html I apparantly have these users: mysql> select Host, User FROM mysql.user; +-----------+------------------+ | Host | User | +-----------+------------------+ | ety | root | | localhost | debian-sys-maint | | localhost | root | +-----------+------------------+ 3 rows in set (0.11 sec) So I proceed tto the first step in the guide, but I get this error: mysql> SET PASSWORD FOR ''@'localhost' = PASSWORD('my_password_here'); ERROR 1133: Can't find any matching row in the user table What is the proper way to continue Should I use these three commands: mysql> SET PASSWORD FOR 'root'@'ety' = PASSWORD('my_password_here'); mysql> SET PASSWORD FOR 'debian-sys-maint'@'localhost' = PASSWORD('my_password_here'); mysql> SET PASSWORD FOR 'root'@'localhost' = PASSWORD('my_password_here'); Thank you in advance.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Xampp install :Cannot connect to sql on localhost 10061?

I recently installed xampp... Please bear with me as i am totally new to php & sql. I am not sure if i did something wrong when i installed xampp but i am having trouble getting mysql to work. I have turned on sql in the xampp control panel. I am trying to acess sql via the following, Start Menu / Run / CMD CD "C:\Program Files\xampp\mysql\bin\" mysql I get the following message ERROR 2003 : Cannot connect to sql on 'localhost' The command prompt stays as C:\Program Files\xampp\mysql\bin> Am i supposed to set a user name or password I thought i did but i have not done that - is that the problem As you can see - i don't really know what i am doing, so any help would be appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 25th October 2012
View Replies!

Mysql restore db after accidentally reinstalling mysql.exe

Using MySQL version 4.1.10a-nt. Using Windows XP Pro. For the last couple of years I've been using a MySQL database for a software application called "Gretag Macbeth." I was attempting to create a backup procedure for this database. On accident I installed the MySQL.exe again without really thinking that MySQL was already installed. When I went into Gretag to connect to my database the software basically said it could not find the database. When I went to c:\program files\mysql\mysql server 4.1\data I could still see a folder with the name of the database I was using. The folder has a bunch of *.frm files. So I attempted to do a Windows XP system restore from the day before. Still unable to connect to the database! So does anyone know why when I reinstalled MySQL on accident it could no longer connect to mysql database Is there any way I can restore my database\t Here is some data from the error logs: 100119 16:09:22 [ERROR] C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 4.1\bin\mysqld-nt.exe: Can't open file: 'information.ibd' (errno: 1) 100119 16:09:24 InnoDB error: Cannot find table toyocolormysql/information from the internal data dictionary of InnoDB though the .frm file for the table exists. Maybe you have deleted and recreated InnoDB data files but have forgotten to delete the corresponding .frm files of InnoDB tables, or you have moved .frm files to another database
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

How to install and use Mysql server?

Friends. I am new to Mysql and Very new to this Forum. Actually this is my 1st post in this forum. So plz try to help me getting started. I have recently downloaded and installed the following mysql on my windows xp. mysql-5.0.27-win32 along with it i also downloaded and install mysql-gui-tools-5.0-r9a-win32. now when ever i try to run mysql administrator, it throws different kind of errors which i m not able to rectify. Can you tell me what mistake did i make here. Secondly i have a apache server and mysql running on my computer. now from my http://localhost/phpmyadmin i want to select my database import it in my desktop and re-run the query in mysql server 5.0.27. i hope ur getting it what should i do in order to complete the above task
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

Problem installing MySQL on OSX Leopard

I've been looking around for hours and can't find the answer. Whenever I try to start mysql on OSX it ends immediately: sudo /usr/local/mysql/bin/safe_mysqld Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /usr/local/mysql/data STOPPING server from pid file /usr/local/mysql/data/ME-computer.local.pid 080117 02:03:49 mysqld ended In the error it says that the port (3306) is in use, and when I telnet localhost 3306 it says connection refused, but when I do the same with 127.0.0.1 3306 it goes through fine. I'm kind of a noob to Unix and this is driving me crazy. I have no idea where to go from here (If it's relevant, I "installed" PHP by uncommenting the httpd.conf file and added something to the hosts file for virtual servers, though that doesn't seem to affect anything) Any advice
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

How to migrate from MySQL 3 to MySQL 5 (installed from sources)

Hi. Working on Linux, I've got installed MySQL 3.23.58, but I'm experiencing some problems. For instance, I suffer "too many connections" error but I cann't set 'max_connections' parameter to a value bigger than 250. I decided to migrate to MySQL 5.0, and I've got some questions: - I installed MySQL from sources on '/usr/local/mysql'. Is it as easy as installing it again on '/usr/local/mysql5' - what must I back up to migrate data '/usr/local/mysql/var' directory - is there any tutorial/webpage to carry out this migration Thank you very much.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!

MySQL installation issue

I have just started working with Apache, PHP, and MySQL. I had installed MySQL and was working with with marginal success. I tried installing Apache today and everything went crazy. I am running the Apache in a localhost configuration and MySQL as well. After the installation, I could not log into MySql root. I began to think I had forgotten my password so I attempted to reinstall MySQL. I uninstalled it and rebooted my computer but evertime I attempt to install it stops on the step before setting the security, I think it is when MySql is configuring the host. I do not have Apache running as a service. So with Apache running or not, the MYSql install fails.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 29th October 2012
View Replies!