Forum

RECENTLY INDEXED PROGRAMMING SOLUTIONS OF MYSQL

please let me know where i am wrong in this query.  

Hi,I am new user and also new programmer in my sql I will highly appreciate if someone will help me on follwing query.SELECT id, street_name, concat(ifnull(supplemental_address_1,''), (SUBSTRING( street_name, INSTR( street_name , 'PO BOX' )... Continue Reading
Views : 120
Monday 24th of September 2012

Resolved Average page display from field query  

Hi, hope everyone is having a nice holiday weekendcolumn type is (double), storing a microtime valueI am trying to get the average time from a field named "prctime"from a table TEST, but I keep getting errors. Continue Reading
Views : 220

Mysql query newest entry for each idproduct  

PHP Code: Continue Reading
Views : 91

Primary keys, indexes and auto deleting rows from multiple tables  

I have about 4 tables in my MySql InnoDB database (members, stories, characters, comments). In my site people can post stories, add characters to each story, and make comments on each story.The tables are set up with the following columns: Continue Reading
Views : 197

Resolved Problem trying to Update a mysql record  

Hi everyone,I am a complete beginner when it comes to coding, i cobbled my results system from varying websites, i run a small website for a local junior football team and am having trouble with a results ticker Continue Reading
Views : 173

php/mysql int default syntax error  

I've tried every variation I can find for this and still get errors.I'm creating a table that has a 'ItmNum' which should start at 1000 and auto increment with each new item.(ItmNum int NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT=1000 ) error(ItmNum int NOT... Continue Reading
Views : 124

Tracking Watched Videos  

I am in need of some help here, I designed a website for a company that does temporary jobs for the medical field and the last page(s) that I need to complete are giving me fits !DETAILS:1. User clicks a link and gets taken to a login page,... Continue Reading
Views : 63

Back Up MySQL Databases  

Hi - how do you guys backup your MySQL databases?I have a few programs that have an auto-back up that make an .sql file which is great (for example OpenCart) but I also use OpenX which runs on PHP and has a database. That does not have an... Continue Reading
Views : 67

Resolved using data from mysql_fetch_array  

Hi,I have taken data from MySQL in the standard way and have $row['datefield'] etc to use in a table. Depending on a specific column value, some of the records are editable and so an edit link should be shown only next to those records in a separate... Continue Reading
Views : 139

log queryies from stored proc  

How to do that ?I have: Code: Continue Reading
Views : 82

Limit not working for avg query  

Hi, trying to limit avg, to last 10 entry's only, my query's do not work,Limit I thought is just the starting and ending numbers. PHP Code: Continue Reading
Views : 132

Correct syntax for getting information from two tables  

I know this is possible and I've done it quite often in the past. But I haven't used MySQL in months(been doing some C++ work. Not that it has anything to do with C++.) Anyhow, what I have is two table Posts and Comments and I'm trying to get all the posts and... Continue Reading
Views : 179

Doubt with SQL syntax, but same result  

Hello,I'm new in the forums. Well, I'm learning SQL and I got a doubt when I do these two requests: Continue Reading
Views : 52

Database table data not being displayed in right format on browser  

The contents of a mysql database table are being displayed as one continuous story without paragraphing (i.e. not being displayed in paragraphs). How do I correct the anomaly? Do I change the data types of the column or what? Note that the data is inserted into... Continue Reading
Views : 131

Data truncated for column ...  

Only want to add 'date_observation_for_exact_id_galery' column to index. Code: Continue Reading
Views : 108

column can not be null  

Code: 'f`... Continue Reading
Views : 106

ReOS mySQL Issues  

I get the following error while trying to install, i have tried changing "type = innodb" strings with "engine = innodb" in the cresbas.sql file but still have the same errors. im using it with my wamp testing server, any help would be great... Continue Reading
Views : 716

SQL syntax  

I'm moving a site over from another hosting company but when i'm uploading sql file i get the following error: Quote: Continue Reading
Views : 56

A Join that exlcudes if data does exist  

I have two tables that I want to use a join to exclude data if it exists in the other table. I basically want a list of people from table B that dont exist in table AIf A.account_id exists as B.account_id then dont want it to return in the result... Continue Reading
Views : 49

Trying to export Joomla database without phpmyadmin  

Hi,I am trying to export my Joomla 1.5.23 mysql database. I have no phpmyadmin. I used several ways like this ( Continue Reading
Views : 182

Delete query syntax not right  

Hianyone see why this query doesn't work? PHP Code: Continue Reading
Views : 76

Capturing checkbox value of a string and moving to another table.  

Why move them to another table at all? Why not merely have a Confirmed column in the one table? Continue Reading
Views : 282

Problem with mysql_connect()  

I'm getting the all-too-familiar error: Code: Continue Reading
Views : 85

Stop automatic rounding of numbers  

I have a row called "price" and each time i add numbers like "14.99" it is automatically rounded to "15"How do i stop this ? I want exact numbers not rounded numbers.Thanks Continue Reading
Views : 143

Access Error  

Please help with this connection problem.Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'myuser'@'localhost' (using password: YES) Continue Reading
Views : 50

Returning only 1 row  

Hello all,I'm running an sql query that joins 2 tables for stock information.Table 1 has user id's and stock ids, table 2 has stockids and stock information.I joined the tables so that I could query the stock information... Continue Reading
Views : 65

MySQL - Select Count help !  

Hi All,I was wondering if someone could help me on the following issue im having.I have imported a .csv into a mysql table. The contents of the .csv is :171767567,(agent_name) 171767681,(agent_name) Continue Reading
Views : 63

SELECT DISTINCT returning duplicates  

Hello. I have a table title_views with each row being a "view" with a user_id, title_id, prog_id, date, and id. I want to gather just the user_ids without it returning duplicate user_ids. Right now I'm receiving duplicate user_id. Any help is appreciated.... Continue Reading
Views : 263

Add column to table in mysql  

hi. guys i use mybb as the group creator for my site.i want to add a column named xuid in the mybb_users table so when users want to register in my site put their xuid that contains 16 digits and words and be saved in this columnso please give me... Continue Reading
Views : 90

Update table from query  

I have a query (MySQL) which pulls data from 4 tables within the same database. What I would like to do is run the query and have the results be either updated if there was a change and have new records be inserted into a separate table in another database. Continue Reading
Views : 56