Forum

RECENTLY INDEXED PROGRAMMING SOLUTIONS OF PHP

PHP-General - Teaxtarea rows  

What's missing here? Text that's entered on the "newbio" page does not keep the spaces or line breaks. This is code that I found in the functions section. Continue Reading
Views : 79
Tuesday 28th of August 2012

PHP-General - Teaxtarea rows  

What's missing here? Text that's entered on the "newbio" page does not keep the spaces or line breaks. This is code that I found in the functions section. Continue Reading
Views : 87

How do I send php mailer & execute form action for paypal button in 1 form  

I have a page that gathers general user bio's (ie. name, number, phone etc) and this is sent to a mailer PHP page that sends the info to a mailbox for processing.At the same time, that this happens, I would like with an onsubmit or onlick for the button to send them to a... Continue Reading

How do I send php mailer & execute form action for paypal button in 1 form  

I have a page that gathers general user bio's (ie. name, number, phone etc) and this is sent to a mailer PHP page that sends the info to a mailbox for processing.At the same time, that this happens, I would like with an onsubmit or onlick for the button to send them to a... Continue Reading
Views : 97

PHP-General - Getting POST commands while sending server side updates  

I have an html page that uses ajax to receive server side pushes. Here is the HTML page. Code: Continue Reading
Views : 74

PHP-General - Getting POST commands while sending server side updates  

I have an html page that uses ajax to receive server side pushes. Here is the HTML page. Code: Continue Reading
Views : 78

JReader - next generation RSS reader concept  

I have an idea for an APIs and PHP-based RSS reader. One that does not require people to fill millions of filters per post/feed to get what they want. Would anyone mind commenting on the concept idea? Description is available at jReader's SourceForge project page (can't post link, as I'm... Continue Reading
Views : 86

PHP5 - If (...) {update} else {insert}...  

I've got this table with a list of players that have been emailed an invite to a game. Closer to the game date I will email a reminder which will update the date column to the date of the reminder email. I'm trying to make this application as bullet proof as I can and I envision a scenario... Continue Reading
Views : 105

PHP5 - If (...) {update} else {insert}...  

I've got this table with a list of players that have been emailed an invite to a game. Closer to the game date I will email a reminder which will update the date column to the date of the reminder email. I'm trying to make this application as bullet proof as I can and I envision a scenario... Continue Reading
Views : 95

PDO::PARAM_INT and PDO::PARAM_STR  

Hi;i just have a quick question to ask about the 2 bindValue lines below, Why does one have PDO::PARAM_INT and the other have PDO::PARAM_STR? and if i where to add more bindValues would i use PDO::PARAM_INT or PDO::PARAM_STR if anyone can explain what they are used for and how that... Continue Reading
Views : 35

PDO::PARAM_INT and PDO::PARAM_STR  

Hi;i just have a quick question to ask about the 2 bindValue lines below, Why does one have PDO::PARAM_INT and the other have PDO::PARAM_STR? and if i where to add more bindValues would i use PDO::PARAM_INT or PDO::PARAM_STR if anyone can explain what they are used for and how that... Continue Reading
Views : 30

3 part web page...  

Hey guys,I am prety new to this whole php, mysql stuff...I was wondering i there is a way to put 3 web files together,other than using frame set.In other words,I want to know if there is php or html code that "retreives files from your root folder... Continue Reading
Views : 140

3 part web page...  

Hey guys,I am prety new to this whole php, mysql stuff...I was wondering i there is a way to put 3 web files together,other than using frame set.In other words,I want to know if there is php or html code that "retreives files from your root folder... Continue Reading
Views : 116

PHP-General - Textarea rows  

PHP-General - Textarea rows  

Views : 92

Login Code not working properly  

After lots of home work I came here for support and help.Please see the siteClick Here on home page I have menu Computer Science and sub menu XI which open XICS.php on this page threr are few links. From those links few must work if user already logged in like (Upload, Solved... Continue Reading
Views : 70

Login Code not working properly  

After lots of home work I came here for support and help.Please see the siteClick Here on home page I have menu Computer Science and sub menu XI which open XICS.php on this page threr are few links. From those links few must work if user already logged in like (Upload, Solved... Continue Reading
Views : 78

PHP-General - Making a calendar using Singleton  

First of all, as this is my first post i would like to greet everyone, and as in order, say something about myself.My name is Branko Ostojic, 20 years old and from a small country on Balkan peninsula named Serbia. A job application brought me on this forum. The job itself... Continue Reading
Views : 92

PHP-General - Making a calendar using Singleton  

First of all, as this is my first post i would like to greet everyone, and as in order, say something about myself.My name is Branko Ostojic, 20 years old and from a small country on Balkan peninsula named Serbia. A job application brought me on this forum. The job itself... Continue Reading
Views : 85

PHP locking file  

I'm running a CakePHP (2.2.1) application on WAMP (w/ PHP 5.4.3). I've asked the following question in a Cake discussion and was told it was PHP-related, so I'm asking here...Cake allows you to run a command-line script (for use in cron jobs, etc.) that will load all of the same... Continue Reading
Views : 91

PHP locking file  

I'm running a CakePHP (2.2.1) application on WAMP (w/ PHP 5.4.3). I've asked the following question in a Cake discussion and was told it was PHP-related, so I'm asking here...Cake allows you to run a command-line script (for use in cron jobs, etc.) that will load all of the same... Continue Reading
Views : 85

PHP div problem  

PHP is not outputting any tags that I can see. There is only 1 div with an id of 'blurbs' and none with 'blurb'. It may be you are barking up the wrong tree or you did not post all the code. Continue Reading
Views : 80

PHP-DB - ORM vs. Straight SQL  

Hi,Strong preferences out there for SQL vs. ORM when building web apps with lamp. What are the pro's and con's? If you believe ORM is the way to go, what are some of the more popular and easier to use open source ORM packages for PHP?thx,bluetrane Continue Reading
Views : 74

Ajax request to server causes memory exceeded error  

I am getting the following error. Quote: PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of... Continue Reading
Views : 136

Help w/ Making a Twitter/FB like site  

I want to create a site or mostly just basic functions of Facebook and Twitter, and I'm not fully sure how to do it. I know some OOP but I'm probably not using it the best I can. I want to create something to easily get users information, query to the database within other classes, and do... Continue Reading
Views : 77

PHP-General - Moved Code from PHP4 to PHP5 and getting errors  

I have moved some PHP code from a PHP4 server to a PHP5 server and now I am getting may errors.Warning: Missing argument 2 for convert_coord_decimal(), called in C:\wamp\www\clipper.afriboom.co.za\modules\client_admin.php on line 90 and defined in... Continue Reading
Views : 91

New User Guide & Frequently Asked Questions  

--- Hit the post size limit so continuing the FAQ in a new post ---#30 Why do I see a blank screen/page when I visit my PHP script?Often this indicates that a fatal PHP error is occurring, and your server is not... Continue Reading
Views : 81

Page 2 - How to program a basic but secure login system using PHP and MySQL  

Quote: Originally Posted by dmittner Continue Reading
Views : 73