Forum

RECENTLY INDEXED PROGRAMMING SOLUTIONS OF VB.NET

Mismatch between Dataset and database  

Hi I Have problemthe problem is there are Mismatch between the data in?Dataset and the data in?databaseWhen I add data from my program the data? Continue Reading
Views : 50
Tuesday 25th of September 2012

Can an event be put in another event  

I'm fairly new to visual basic, i'm trying to make a "program" for selecting 3 different promotion that the store is offering.It goes as follows:1.The user must select a special in order to display a special's product picture, regular price and special price.2.The user cannot add... Continue Reading
Views : 46

VB help  

I am doing a project for m y class...its a workshop selector...when u select a workshop ..the state it adds them onto a list box and calculates the total....i did about 98% of the coding...the only thing i need help is when the user does not select a state an error message shud pop up..i tried but i... Continue Reading
Views : 49

VB6 - Weather Data Analysis, In need of assistance.  

Hi I'm doing a VB6 project for my course, one of the forms is "Weather Data Analysis"And the finished product is meant to display results in this format: Weather Report Day noDayTemperature... Continue Reading
Views : 41

hi every one  

am writing a software in vb that contains quizes on engineering mathematics . the label control cannot represent my equations well such as limit equations how do i solve this problem guys Continue Reading
Views : 58

.net framework issues  

how to i create my own installer without using a setup creator or publishing wizard in visual studio. how do other software groups make their setups such as vlc, vuze and any other software Continue Reading
Views : 56

VB 10 Binary search & how to display all occurrences of string from a listbox  

This program splits a list in half, then in half again etc., until it finds the state that matches the first two letters of the input box.Everything works, but how do I modify it so that the output displays all the states that begin with the letters asked for. As it is if you enter NE for... Continue Reading
Views : 41

linking forms  

i tried to link the forms in such a way that when u open the other one and click submit it opens the one i have linked with, so they all opened but i do not want that.CathyRamos Continue Reading

how can i change image in dll file windows 7 help in visual basic 2010  

ok i have asked on so many forums and i finally found a forum that might be able to help me out right what i want to do is this but what i want to do is make a program... Continue Reading
Views : 60

Help required drawing dotted path lines, with even dots along the path line  

Help required drawing dotted path lines, with even dots along the path line.I want to draw a path line that can be any shape (square, round, outline etc), and along this path line I want even dots to appear.I also want to be able to resize the shape (as in the example... Continue Reading
Views : 55

Matching card game program VB 2010  

Basically i need to create a card matching game which two players who take turn to play.Each time they match a pair this adds 1 point to their score.The cards start off showing a red picture card from file C:\Users\Programming\Pairs_Ass2\Cards\Red.pngIn this folder there are... Continue Reading
Views : 42

Image in database  

HiI created a database last week and now I have some images I want to add. I already included the image column and set the data type to image when I made it.How do I add the image into the database?All I want it to do is show the image in a gridview with... Continue Reading
Views : 49

Confused by program  

I am trying to write a program that with a CheckedListBox that includes a list of requirements to check out of the dorm after the school year. It should run through the list and add items to either a "Completed" or "Pending" ListBox. Once all the items... Continue Reading
Views : 57

I have a problem drawing dotted path lines, with evenly spaced dots  

I have a problem drawing dotted path lines, with evenly spaced dots:Can anyone please help with this problem, I want to be able to draw evenly spaced dots along a path line using points in an array, My issue is not with drawing the path line, with dotted lines, this is easy, but with the... Continue Reading

Send Bold Text to Comport  

i had send text to comport and print via a dotmatrix receipt printer with the following code. com1Port = My.Computer.Ports.OpenSerialPort("COM1") com1Port.WriteLine(" Invoice Cancelled" + " ") com1Port.WriteLine("This text") ... Continue Reading
Views : 59

Reading ".xlsx" files from a web browser  

Hi Guys,?I am uploading ".xlsx" files to one of my web page in a calendar. While reading the file i am getting a message "Excel found unreadable content in 'test.xlsx' Do you want to recover the contents of the workbook? If i say YES then the content is loading properly. How to avoid... Continue Reading
Views : 44

[Howto]Form designer  

How do i make a "simple" form designer, that is capable to save the result and compile it as .exe? (It will use vb.net compiler) Continue Reading
Views : 50

VB.Net 2008 Save Print Preview DataGridView inside txt file or Excel  

I?m using VB.Net 2008 application program. Continue Reading
Views : 48

Radio Buttons and Check Boxes Program  

Hello!I have been unsuccessfully working at this program for a couple days and cannot figure out how to write the code. I need to write code for a program that will calculate package delivery charges for a delivery service.I need to use Radio Buttons to select these types of delivery... Continue Reading
Views : 46

Visual Basic to write to a 'database' (txt, xls, csv, etc) -- Some questions!  

Goal: I want to write a standalone application for the creation of, storing of, manipulation of, etc records in Visual Basic 2010.Specifically what I want to do: IN VB, type in a bunch of client information in a variety of fancy windows, and when I'm done, have that client record saved in... Continue Reading
Views : 45

How to save the chkdsk,defrag,cleandisk log file with vb.net  

[code]Imports System.DiagnosticsImports System.IOImports System.IO.FilePublic Class Form1 Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click Dim cDirs As DirectoryInfo() = New... Continue Reading
Views : 62

VB.Net WebBrowser Control Ajax Click Value Getting Problem  

VB.Net WebBrowser Control Ajax Click Value Getting Problem ?.]]>*/*/?.. Continue Reading
Views : 55

linking comboboxes to sql server 2008 r2 database table fields in vb 2010  

Dear?All,I have a database called cohort in sql server 2008 r2 express with a table called school with the following fields; schoolname,schoolcode,zone,district,division.I also have vb 2010 form with five comboboxes.Now my question is how can i link comboxbox1 to table field... Continue Reading
Views : 59

Delete and update button  

Hello..I am very new to VB.net and I have project to do. but i got error on delete and update button. can anyone help me to solve this problem. thanks in advance.. Continue Reading
Views : 42

Retrieving Sharepoint List using web services vb.net  

So I've been trying to retrieve a list from sharepoint using Lists() web services and then displaying the list on a datagrid. However I am having some weird problem. My code so far is 'Declare and initialize Lists Web service. Dim listService As New... Continue Reading
Views : 54

dynamically creating textbox on button click and how to handle event of dynamically create control  

Hello,I am working on c#.net project. I need to create textbox dynamically on clicking the Add button. And how to handle events of dynamically created textbox.If any question, if you did not get my point clear than please ask. Its urgent. Please Help!!!Please give me... Continue Reading

VB 2010 and Microsoft Access 2010 Search Database  

I am trying to create somekind of knowledgebase or wiki. And I got the ms access database linked to it but I cannot get it to search it when I hit the search button. I don't know if it's my query string or what it is. Continue Reading
Views : 43

System.TypeLoadException:Could not load type  

Hello guys, anyone can help me with my error problem when I load the frmRecurEntVw in my Tree-viewThe error says >>> System.TypeLoadException:Could not load type 'RecurrentEntries.frmRecurEntVw' from assembly 'RecurrentEntries,Version=1.0.0.0,Culture=neutral,PublicKey Token=Null',at... Continue Reading
Views : 27

vb.net and sql server 2008  

I have a SQL Insert statement that sends data to a SQL Server 2008 table.The values are picked up from a form using ASP.NET Sometimes the values will be blank or do not require an answer.How can I insert these values as NULL into SQL server?The asp.net form will not save unless I... Continue Reading

Remove Item in Listview using Image  

Hello there!I have a listview that has an image in every item or row on the first column. i know how to remove the selected item using the button. now i want to remove the selected item using the image on the imagelists that is link on the listview. i want the user to click on the image and... Continue Reading
Views : 52