Usage of functional testing tools

I have been doing some research on the usage of automated tools for functional testing. The results seem to show a ambiguous situation: a majority of companies (60%) have tools, but a majority of developers (60%) don't use them. Is this something you also see in your context
Posted On: Sunday 11th of November 2012 11:50:43 PM Total Views:  259
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Software Testing PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Do you have any experience with a good tool for automatic Web UI functional tests?

We need a product which supports both Internet Explorer and FireFox, preferably open source (but not necessarily).
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 27th September 2012
View Replies!

Any open source automation tool that support Java swing AUT functional testing

Any open source automation tool that support Java swing AUT functional testing should support Java/Maven tech stack with record and playback support
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 29th September 2012
View Replies!

What automation tool have you used for automating functionality for web applications

What automation tool have you used for automating functionality for web applications that was developed for QA and not development We are looking to automate smoke tests and regression tests but I need a tool that will be fairly simple to use with a minimal learning curve.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
View Replies!

If the functional QA and automation team members are different,

If the functional QA and automation team members are different, in product QA life cycle when should the automation members start involving\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 4th October 2012
View Replies!

Is automation always required before automating functional testing of a software?

Is automation always required before automating functional testing of a software How to implement automation framework Automation framework for QTP
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

What is the latest evolution for automated functional testing tools?

Like to know what are the key winning factor (beside being automated) for such software (COTS or Open source). It will be good to share the "gaps" (if any) in the software and how it can be complemented. Some areas that I can think of for considerations are robustness, "gap" self-analysis, "scavenging" capability, ROI based, security geared (vulnerability and threat identification), etc I found a list of possible established COTS as below: * Borland Software SilkTest * Compuware TestPartner 6.2 * HP QuickTest Professional 10.0 * IBM Rational Functional Tester * Seapine Software QA Wizard Pro
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Hi Everyone... I am from a functional/domain background...

Hi Everyone... I am from a functional/domain background... and have been in a Manual Test Lead, BA role, I have been recommended to take up SQL as I intend to migrate to automation... any suggestions
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

[Get]Select appropriate functional test tools in your organization.

Automation tools provide automated functional and performance testing for environments including Java, SOAP, CORBA, HTML, WAP, client/server, UNIX, and Windows. This article has been created as a guide to help testing professionals select, understand and implement functional test tools in any organization. Due to the large number of test automation tools available I have followed the 80/20 rule and selected the most popular as a base for this article. However where necessary other products including, Test Management, performance test and defect tracking suites will be mentioned. This base includes the following: Rational Robot (as included in Rational TestStudio) 2001 Rational Visual Test 6.5 Mercury WinRunner 7 Segue SilkTest 5 Compuware QA Run 4.7 Go below link and clear your understanding and decide which tools is perfect for your organisation. Code: http://www.mediafire.com/qwjainunuegtb2a Enjoy
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 6th October 2012
View Replies!

[Get]Select appropriate functional test tools in your organization.

Automation tools provide automated functional and performance testing for environments including Java, SOAP, CORBA, HTML, WAP, client/server, UNIX, and Windows. This article has been created as a guide to help testing professionals select, understand and implement functional test tools in any organization. Due to the large number of test automation tools available I have followed the 80/20 rule and selected the most popular as a base for this article. However where necessary other products including, Test Management, performance test and defect tracking suites will be mentioned. This base includes the following: Rational Robot (as included in Rational TestStudio) 2001 Rational Visual Test 6.5 Mercury WinRunner 7 Segue SilkTest 5 Compuware QA Run 4.7
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

What is the latest evolution for automated functional testing tools?

Like to know what are the key winning factor (beside being automated) for such software (COTS or Open source). It will be good to share the "gaps" (if any) in the software and how it can be complemented. Some areas that I can think of for considerations are robustness, "gap" self-analysis, "scavenging" capability, ROI based, security geared (vulnerability and threat identification), etc
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

Hi All, Can anyone tell me best automated testing for mobile applications..

Hi , Can anyone tell me best automated testing for mobile applications (mainly for Android System.)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 1st November 2012
View Replies!

What do you use for automation testing?

Everyone knows how important testing is, and, successively, actually involved in software development does test the software that they release. But even a simple application often has so many different possible behavior patterns that some only take place in rather unusual circumstances. Thus, automation testing is a big deal even if a project is not very big but split into many iterations.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 2nd November 2012
View Replies!

Hello, I'm struggling to understand where actual (manual) UAT testing fits into...

, I'm struggling to understand where actual (manual) UAT testing fits into the Agile world. With Test Automation everywhere and CI, when is there the time without bottlenecking the cycle
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 2nd November 2012
View Replies!

If testing automation allows you to do more testing in the same amount of time...

are you saving money
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 2nd November 2012
View Replies!

I have 2.5 years of experience in Manual testing so now wanted to start Automation.

Can anyone help me in this or suggest how to go move ahead to start this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 7th November 2012
View Replies!

Please recommend good book for black box testing and automation tools...

Please recommend good book for black box testing and automation tools
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Any ideas on how to self-learn HP's QC especially QTP automation testing

Any ideas on how to self-learn HP's QC especially QTP automation testing
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

What would be Middle ware testing? Is there any tool?

Can manual testing address Middle ware testing When to start (entry) and stop (exit) middle ware testing Where can I get some research
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Manual testing or Automation testing? Which one is more important/crucial?

Manual testing or Automation testing Which one is more important/crucial
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Looking for a good automated web testing tool for Web applications...

Looking for a good automated web testing tool for Web applications...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!