Is testing is a dying profession? I have seen many employers now seeking BA's with te

Agile encorages cross-skilling. The availability of cheap or zero cost freeware test tools like Jbehave, Junit, Concordion, Ruby all encorage developers to create their own automatic test suites. Is it time to change
Posted On: Saturday 6th of October 2012 03:13:56 AM Total Views:  249
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Software Testing PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Which one is more crucial in testing? Manual testing or Automation testing?

Which one is more crucial in testing Manual testing or Automation testing
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

i want to start my career in testing field.

i want to start my career in testing field. which is more suitable manual testing or automated testing\tif so then how can i start that one....
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

How do we prove that testing automation is adding value?

For the most part, automation testing is regression testing. As such, it should not find defects. However, management is concerned that more than 4 man-years have gone into finding only ten defects over the past year. How do we justify our existance
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

Is the purpose of testing to verify that the software works or to try to break it?

Is the purpose of testing to verify that the software works or is it to try to break it It's fairly easy to test what an application is supposed to do. You just test every requirement. But what about all those unexpected things users do that cause those cryptic messages to display and a call to the Help Desk I once received a call from a very distraught user who thought she was going to be arrested because she received the error message "ILLEGAL ENTRY". Do you include a suite of tests that reflect a understanding of the user's world and that they may not always do what you'd expect Hint: A discussion with Help Desk associates is an eye-opener.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

Does a Test Manager need to know testing?

This may sound bit crazy. But I have come to know through my testing friends that some of the test managers only involve in meetings and task allocation. What is a minimum criteria someone has to meet for him/her to be called as a "Test Manager" What is the minimum criteria someone has to meet for him/her to be accepted as a "Test Manager" by the testing society
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

Can anybody suggest some good books for Software testing and Quality Assurance?

, Can anybody suggest some good books for Software testing and Quality Assurance Thank you
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

Is 100% regression testing possible on large systems without Automation?

And if the answer is No, how was it done 10 years ago Was the expectation of software quality lower in the past Or did we now reach a new sort of equilibrium were there is a higher reliance on Automated testing and a lower reliance on the geek developers to produce magic
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

What are the most important innovations in software testing in the past 3-5 years?

Did you come across new methods, tools, concepts that have impacted the way you test What are they and how did they help
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

Is it correct to say, even automation testing is a manaul testing ????

Is it correct to say, even automation testing is a manaul testing \t\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

Does someone have some suggestion to automate regression testing on QML app ?

, I am currenlty looking for a tool to automate regression testing on QML application. Does someone have some suggestion My focus is only on QML applications.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 6th October 2012
View Replies!

I have to test live asp.net website ,which free automated testing tool should I use?

I have to test live asp.net website (live project), which free automated testing tool should I used for black box testing of this project
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

I do lots of manual testing. what would be a good automated testing tool for android?

I do lots of manual testing. what would be a good automated testing tool for android phones any feedback is highly appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Which Automation tool do you use for software testing and why do you recommend this ?

Which Automation tool do you use for software testing and why do you recommend this tool
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Which is the best automation tool for testing Flex application?

Which is the best automation tool for testing Flex applicationCompanies prefers Open source testing tool first...I know some of them like Flex monkey(Free),Testing anywhere(paid).Is there any better
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Which is the best automation tool for testing Dot Net application?

Which is the best automation tool for testing Dot Net application
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Need help with testing Morrello - Alterian's Web Content Management System for a webs

Need help with testing Morrello - Alterian's Web Content Management System for a website .does anyone have any document
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

[Get] QTP-automation testing training.

Quick Test Professional (QTP) is an automated functional Graphical User Interface (GUI) testing tool that allows the automation of user actions on a web or client based computer application. It is primarily used for functional regression test automation. QTP uses a scripting language built on top of VBScript to specify the test procedure, and to manipulate the objects and controls of the application under test.This session cover below topics. Introduction to Automation Benefits of Automated Testing Automated Testing Process Introduction to QTP and its Salient Features Environment Supported Check the presentation file given below that will help you to increase your skill in automation testing. Code: http://www.mediafire.com/6ss5ysqcoysa6ei Enjoy Fiki
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

What is the future of manual testing ?

It seems that every firm is seeking people with lots of automation experience. However, for the 4-5 firms that I have worked for in the past 10 years - automation is often not manageable for their applications. The applications are ones not requiring large loads of data to be pushed through nor many transactions etc.. So are companies just asking for the automation gurus just because they think they should or because they can really see a need for them
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How do we prove that testing automation is adding value?

For the most part, automation testing is regression testing. As such, it should not find defects. However, management is concerned that more than 4 man-years have gone into finding only ten defects over the past year. How do we justify our existance
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Why is there always such a big push for automated testing?

In the real world you almost always end up with (at best) a combination of manual and automated testing.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!