is it true then? Automated Unit Tests are so easy to write now that it actually...

Automated Unit Tests are so easy to write now that it actually adds no additional effort to write a test to verify the code. AND no extra effort to maintain the test for unstable code
Posted On: Wednesday 31st of October 2012 05:39:15 AM Total Views:  196
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Software Testing PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

After the automation scripts are written are you done yet? Think again!

After you and the team finish creating/writing all your automation scripts/tests do you think you're done What else do you do or think you need to do to become really "automated" Just to get your opinions and insights (I'll give mine later) on this.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

Is it wise to switch from Testing to dev't job after 2yrs stint in Manual Testing

Is it wise to switch from Testing to development job after 2yrs stint in Manual Testing Or go for Automation testing in say Selenium or QTP
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How important is it for a QA/Testing Analyst to have a...

How important is it for a QA/Testing Analyst to have a developer's approach to automated testing
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

[GET] Cyclometric Complexity

Cyclomatic complexity (or conditional complexity) is a software metric (measurement). It was developed by Thomas J. McCabe Sr. in 1976 and is used to measure the complexity of a program. It directly measures the number of linearly independent paths through a program's source code. Download the following link to know more.. http://www.mediafire.com/6a68uydwhobehs8
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

What heuristics do people use to determine the validity of executing a test script?

When I started out as a developer and my code didn't compile, I used to try and fix all the errors in one go rather than one at a time. Eventually I realised that I could only expect to fix the first error and I might manage one more before recompiling and checking again. This was because the first error typically caused all the subsequent errors, so fixing the first one usually fixed most of the other errors too. Today I see testers trying to execute test scripts that clearly don't really work anymore. The tester is under pressure to get through a set number of test cases and is allowed leeway to interpret out of date scripts so that they use information in their heads, not the written steps, to 'keep on track'. Sometimes this is ok. For example, If the script mentions a button called 'Go' and you see it has become 'Start', it's a fairly safe bet that you can click the 'Start' button to complete the step. But when do you hold you hand up and ask to stop and get the test scripts updated If you stop on the smallest script error you risk being accused of having no common sense, if you press on regardless, you risk ending up with test scripts that become nonsense.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Is Quality of application directly proportional to Time taken to test the application

Is Quality of an application directly proportional to Time taken to test that application\t\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Can anybody suggest some good books for Software testing and Quality Assurance?

, Can anybody suggest some good books for Software testing and Quality Assurance Thank you
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

What will be the main purpose of automation when an organization adopt it?

Does automation meant for finding the bugs or to reduce the manual test execution time. How one can convince a manual testing team or a lead about the scope of automation in any organization
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

[Get]Automated Cross-Browser Compatibility Testing.

With the advent of Web 2.0 applications and new browsers, the cross-browser compatibility issue is becoming increasingly important. Although the problem is widely recognized among web developers, no systematic approach to tackle it exists today. None of the current tools, which provide screenshots or emulation environments, species any notion of cross-browser compatibility, much less check it automat-icily. In this paper, we pose the problem of cross-browser compatibility testing of modern web applications as a `functional consistency' check of web application behavior across different web browsers and present an automated solution for it. Our approach consists of (1) automatically analyzing the given web application under different browser environments and capturing the behavior as a finite-state machine; (2) formally comparing the generated models for equivalence on a pair wise-basis and exposing any observed discrepancies. We validate our approach on several open-source and industrial case studies to demonstrate its effectiveness and real-world relevance. To know details please go to below link. Code: http://www.mediafire.com/tfr452t462n7i9i Enjoy
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

I have to test live asp.net website ,which free automated testing tool should I use?

I have to test live asp.net website (live project), which free automated testing tool should I used for black box testing of this project
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Is it possible to report defect automatically based on automation log?

This week, my manager told me one plan in 2010. She want to make it possible to report defect automatically based on automation log. That means once the automation log fail, the corresponding defect will be reported automatically. I know this can be implemented but have no clear idea. Do you have experience on this topic
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

we are new organisation want to set up a quality team ?

how should i start\twhich automated tool shoul be helpful
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Which Testing is more wanted either Manual or Automation?

Which Testing is more wanted either Manual or Automation
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Achieving real ROI on testing automation with a sound and proven framework SOLMAR

Achieving real ROI on testing automation with a sound and proven framework SOLMAR is offering a methodology based, generic and comprehensive testing automation framework that helps software manufacturers in achieving product quality objectives with measurable ROI. If you are interested in getting more details, then contact me or sales@solmarkn.com.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Since testers are not as good as hackers in finding security holes in...

Since testers are not as good as hackers in finding security holes in companies web based applications, then, should management hire hackers to identify security vulnerability before deployment This is ongoing problem for companies and consumers. I just read today that hackers hacked a freecreditreports
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

[Get] Automated Web Testing with Selenium.

Agenda of this article. What is Selenium Writing Maintainable Tests Java Test example Commands How to works Fragile Automated Tests To know about those contents and some more please go below link. Code: http://www.mediafire.com/a2gyzj43o3xpctp
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

[Get]How to test Load / Stress Testing of Websites?

Some very high profile websites have suffered from serious outages and/or performance issues due to the number of people hitting their website. E-commerce sites that spent heavily on advertising but not nearly enough on ensuring the quality or reliability of their service have ended up with poor web-site performance, system downtime and/or serious errors, with the predictable result that customers are being lost. Load testing tools can be used to test the system behaviour and performance under stressful conditions by emulating thousands of virtual users. This article covers following topics: 1. The Importance of Scalability & Load Testing 2. Preparing for a Load Test Study full article to prepare for load/stress of your website. Code: http://www.mediafire.com/9ot5qo02fn47lp7 Enjoy Ram
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Test Automation: Is it a Boon or Burden?

Indeed "Test Automation" brings in the benefit of reducing cycle time, enhance productivity, better ROI etc. But, associated with following challenges: 1. Market is flooded with automation tools, choosing the right tool for your organization 2. Tools skills are niche hence, Finding/Training/Retaining them
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Is testing is a dying profession? I have seen many employers now seeking BA's with te

Agile encorages cross-skilling. The availability of cheap or zero cost freeware test tools like Jbehave, Junit, Concordion, Ruby all encorage developers to create their own automatic test suites. Is it time to change
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

What do you think about "Test automation with building blocks"?

My company, eXept Software, has a testing tool, called expecco, which provides an exciting approach for graphical modeling of test cases. Tests are presented as UML-activity diagrams and can be expanded by drag & drop with extensive block libraries to check functionality, security and performance of a wide range of systems (web, gui, hardware, ...).
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 31st October 2012
View Replies!