If manual testers want to add some automation skillsets.

If manual testers want to add some automation skillsets..Where to start and what approach we can take.. Every tool is different\t which scripting language to use \t
Posted On: Tuesday 16th of October 2012 10:07:45 PM Total Views:  190
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Software Testing PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Domain-specific Modeling Systems...

Has anyone in the group done any work with Domain-specific Modeling Systems specific to software test automation. If you have I would like to find out what your experience has been with this type of system.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 26th September 2012
View Replies!

what is the difference between test automation and programmatic...

what is the difference between test automation and programmatic verification/validation.\t Please comment on this....
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 27th September 2012
View Replies!

How to quantify automated regression coverage?

How to quantify automated regression coverage
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 27th September 2012
View Replies!

Is some one using a fifth gen automation framework or script less automation...

Is some one using a fifth gen automation framework or script less automation framework I have seen some slides on this, was wondering how it differs from the more traditional automation framework..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 1st October 2012
View Replies!

Hi, are there any specific tool &/or Testing procedure(plans,test cases etc) for...

are there any specific tool &/or Testing procedure(plans,test cases etc) for Android & iPhone applications (both in manual & automation testing) in industry
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 1st October 2012
View Replies!

Best way to specify automated test scripts.

VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 1st October 2012
View Replies!

Your views on Artificial Intelligence in Test Automation?

Can it help How...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
View Replies!

How to make a Test Specification/Description out of an automated test.

If I have automated scripts to run Test Cases what is the best way to create aTest Specification that specify what the scrupt is doing. Is there a method or a tool to do that When you change the script it is important of course to change the Test Specification accordingly. So I am looking for expert suggestion on what is the best way to go.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
View Replies!

How can you Qualify, Quantify and Automate your Agile Testing approach

In Agile Testing, testers adapt to rapid deployment cycles and changes in testing patterns. It involves the process of testing from the clients perspective at a very early stage it self. Relaying just on manual and intuition testing is not enough; you need to automate to deliver on time. Your degree of automation will depend on the nature of project and of course your budget to invest into automation tools and scripting effort. The advent of many open source tools can ease up the purse a bit though.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
View Replies!

What are the best ways to quantify automated regression coverage?

What are the best ways to quantify automated regression coverage
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 4th October 2012
View Replies!

If the functional QA and automation team members are different,

If the functional QA and automation team members are different, in product QA life cycle when should the automation members start involving\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 4th October 2012
View Replies!

Can anyone tell how can we convert convert manual test case into automation script?

Can anyone tell how can we convert convert manual test case into automation script
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

Is the purpose of testing to verify that the software works or to try to break it?

Is the purpose of testing to verify that the software works or is it to try to break it It's fairly easy to test what an application is supposed to do. You just test every requirement. But what about all those unexpected things users do that cause those cryptic messages to display and a call to the Help Desk I once received a call from a very distraught user who thought she was going to be arrested because she received the error message "ILLEGAL ENTRY". Do you include a suite of tests that reflect a understanding of the user's world and that they may not always do what you'd expect Hint: A discussion with Help Desk associates is an eye-opener.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

Should test leads/test managers be certified

Certification: Should test leads/test managers be certified just like project managers are PMP certified Why or why not
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

[Get] Automated Specification-Based Testing of GUI.

Today's software systems usually feature Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs). GUIs have become an important and accepted way of interacting with today's software. They can be a crucial point in the users' decisions to use or not use the system. However, GUI testing is difficult, extremely time-consuming, and costly, with very few tools and techniques available to aid in the testing process. This dissertation addresses the GUI testing problem. The goal is to introduce more systematization and automation into the GUI testing process by applying specification-based testing methods. The use of formal specifications allows the automatic generation of test cases containing not only the input data but also the outcomes expected. Specification-based testing methods have been applied for API testing but are insufficiently developed for GUI testing. Some of the specific challenges posed by GUI testing are addressed in this research work. Go through below link for details. Code: http://www.mediafire.com/r92z2lms8gwi2jd
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

I do lots of manual testing. what would be a good automated testing tool for android?

I do lots of manual testing. what would be a good automated testing tool for android phones any feedback is highly appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 6th October 2012
View Replies!

What is the future of manual testing ?

It seems that every firm is seeking people with lots of automation experience. However, for the 4-5 firms that I have worked for in the past 10 years - automation is often not manageable for their applications. The applications are ones not requiring large loads of data to be pushed through nor many transactions etc.. So are companies just asking for the automation gurus just because they think they should or because they can really see a need for them
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 6th October 2012
View Replies!

Can we avoid manual testing by using an automation approach.

When a project is in testing phase, how comfortable do to start automating the scripts and execute them against the build and keep on reusing them. Please analyze your projects and provide me your feedback.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

Is there a need for contractors that do manual testing?

I have 13 years of software testing - 3 years of those as a lead and 3 years as a manager. I am starting a new company where I will be doing IT consulting. I would like to include some of my software testing background, and although I did some preliminary testing with an automated program for testing, it was not enough that I feel comfortable advertising that I know how to use that. Is there enough need out there for someone to do manual testing and yet to do it from their home office
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How can you Qualify, Quantify and Automate your Agile Testing approach

In Agile Testing, testers adapt to rapid deployment cycles and changes in testing patterns. It involves the process of testing from the clients perspective at a very early stage it self. Relaying just on manual and intuition testing is not enough; you need to automate to deliver on time. Your degree of automation will depend on the nature of project and of course your budget to invest into automation tools and scripting effort. The advent of many open source tools can ease up the purse a bit though.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!