I am interested in knowing what are your pain points around test automation?

I am interested in knowing what are your pain points around test automation What keeps you awake at nights
Posted On: Tuesday 16th of October 2012 11:02:52 PM Total Views:  214
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Software Testing PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Where does automation testing stand in the dynamic Agile world

Where does automation testing stand in the dynamic Agile world where the requirements keep changing .. \t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
View Replies!

Should the QA team be involved with writing (coding) automated scripts

Should the QA team be involved with writing (coding) automated scripts from acceptance tests - if developers can write automated code better and faster
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

test automation + code coverage = low bugs + easier refactoring + easier team scaling

Hi group! I thought I'd introduce myself: I'm a developer with over 30 years of experience who thinks developers should write their own automated tests. I designed and contributed to a cross-platform, open source project in the C language which enforces 100% code coverage via automated testing; I'd be interested in hearing about code coverage battle stories, as well as anything to do with the side effects of automated testing such as metrics, or the wonderful ability to mercilessly refactor code, or scale teams faster than depicted in the classic Mythical Man Month, or reduce bug counts to single digits.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Achieving real ROI on testing automation with a sound and proven framework SOLMAR

Achieving real ROI on testing automation with a sound and proven framework SOLMAR is offering a methodology based, generic and comprehensive testing automation framework that helps software manufacturers in achieving product quality objectives with measurable ROI. If you are interested in getting more details, then contact me or sales@solmarkn.com. You're also invited to visit and take a look at Advanced QTP The Resource Hub for Quicktest Professional the leading resource hub for QuickTest Professional.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

I am trying to move into automation testing,

I am trying to move into automation testing, which is tool is the best for initial start and requires no programming skills
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

What is the most important feature of one automation framework?

In the other word, what feature should have the highest priority in an automation framework
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 4th October 2012
View Replies!

If the functional QA and automation team members are different,

If the functional QA and automation team members are different, in product QA life cycle when should the automation members start involving\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 4th October 2012
View Replies!

I am interested in knowing what are your pain points around test automation?

I am interested in knowing what are your pain points around test automation What keeps you awake at nights Some of the common ones are: 1. Lack of good resources 2. automation takes too much maintenance 3. Showing ROI is a challenge.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

Hi Everyone... I am from a functional/domain background...

Hi Everyone... I am from a functional/domain background... and have been in a Manual Test Lead, BA role, I have been recommended to take up SQL as I intend to migrate to automation... any suggestions
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

For a Manual Tester,how much important is to learn programming skills?

For a Manual Tester,how much important is to learn programming skills
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

Want to select a test automation framework

Hi , I want to design a test framework. It should be automated, extended and should be capable to test through the APIs and command line. Please suggest me, which one among TestNG, Perl or Ruby do I need to select.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

Can anyone suggest me which automation tool is best to learn since i am 3 years exp .

Can anyone suggest me which automation tool is best to learn since i am 3 years exp in manual Testing and i have knowledge in QTP and worked on SQL Server 2008.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 6th October 2012
View Replies!

[Get] Choosing a test automation framewok.

Test automation framework is a set of rules, procedures, and tools that drive automated testing. One of the main advantages of using a framework is the low cost of maintenance. For any changes to the application, only the concerned test case(s) need to be updated while the rest of the script remains the same. Some of the most common frameworks are data driven, keyword driven, modular, and hybrid. There are again custom built frameworks that fit to specific needs of the application. Spending enough time on choosing the right framework and designing it is the key to test automation success. A good and robust framework should consider as many assumptions as possible. This will eventually make the framework quite flexible. While it will be difficult to prove due to lack of data but the general belief is that most of the test automation projects fail in the long run as the framework is not flexible enough to adapt to the changes that the application or the environment has undergone. This article contain details explanation with example, Please check full article, clear your concept on test automation framework. Code: http://www.mediafire.com/ru5r4eyeqdyrrbj Enjoy Luke
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

[Get] Types of automation frame work.

This section gives the introduction about test automation framework, various types of the framework and the analysis of the best suitable framework for the application under test (the application under test is referred as AUT). This also includes the detailed description of the format of the input (the input to the framework is referred as the test tables) that is given to our test automation framework. How are frameworks being implemented today by various QA organizations Heres a basic types of test automation currently in use: Test Script Modularity Test Library Architecture Data-Driven Testing Keyword-Driven or Table-Driven Testing Hybrid Test Automation
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Want to select a test automation framework

Hi , I want to design a test framework. It should be automated, extended and should be capable to test through the APIs and command line. Please suggest me, which one among TestNG, Perl or Ruby do I need to select.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How far a Tester Should be expected to do programming in the form of scripting...

How far a Tester Should be expected to do programming in the form of scripting for commercial automation tools "Tester have been testers, not programmers".
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

Unit Testing of Automation Framework

I have a very specific question to automation experts. Do you carry out the unit testing activity ( test case development and execution) on the automation framework which is being developed for executing test automation scripts
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Should the QA team be involved with writing (coding) automated scripts

Should the QA team be involved with writing (coding) automated scripts from acceptance tests - if developers can write automated code better and faster
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

we are new organisation want to set up a quality team ?

how should i start\twhich automated tool shoul be helpful
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Achieving real ROI on testing automation with a sound and proven framework SOLMAR

Achieving real ROI on testing automation with a sound and proven framework SOLMAR is offering a methodology based, generic and comprehensive testing automation framework that helps software manufacturers in achieving product quality objectives with measurable ROI. If you are interested in getting more details, then contact me or sales@solmarkn.com.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!