How to make a Test Specification/Description out of an automated test.

If I have automated scripts to run Test Cases what is the best way to create aTest Specification that specify what the scrupt is doing. Is there a method or a tool to do that
When you change the script it is important of course to change the Test Specification accordingly. So I am looking for expert suggestion on what is the best way to go.
Posted On: Tuesday 16th of October 2012 11:01:34 PM Total Views:  102
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Software Testing PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

How do you make a distinction between "framework" and "infrastructure"

particularly as it relates to software test automation This may start an religious war, but ... I would like to understand how others in this forum distinguish between the terms "framework" and "infrastructure", particularly as it relates to software test automation. Does it matter And if so, why
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 30th September 2012
View Replies!

How to make a Test Specification/Description out of an automated test.

If I have automated scripts to run Test Cases what is the best way to create aTest Specification that specify what the scrupt is doing. Is there a method or a tool to do that When you change the script it is important of course to change the Test Specification accordingly. So I am looking for expert suggestion on what is the best way to go.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
View Replies!

What is the best way for a manual tester to make the leap to test automation?

Most of my testing experience is in manual testing. Recently I see that most QA/QC positions call for automated testing. How does a manual tester make the leap to test automation in this competitive job market
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Functional UI automation does not make sense for web applications

Functional UI automation does not make sense for web applications In my latest blog post I go over a few reasons why this is the case: Functional UI automation for web applications does not make sense Government 2.0 in Action: The Lab Is Now Open
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Hi,Running regression test cases is boring repetitively .How to make it creative?

Running regression test cases is boring repetitively .How to make it creative
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 4th October 2012
View Replies!

Will Test cases make any sense in agile methology? or it's a time waste?

Will Test cases make any sense in agile methology or it's a time waste
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

Gaining automated testing experience.

I have very little automated testing experience. I can't get it through a current job so how can I increase my knowledge on the subject to at least get my foot in the door of another company. Are there any open source automated testing suites that I can download Also, do I need to build my own website to test on or is there a website out there I can legally "practice" on
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

How to approach testing most effectively in a small organization

I currently work for a small organization where our formal testing efforts are just getting underway. We've only got about 3/4 FTE fully dedicated to testing right now and I'm looking to understand what the best 'first step' would be to implement testing in our organization. Part of what I was thinking initially would be that in the 'down time' (when development is running like crazy and not much UI has been exposed yet) we would develop some automated test cases to be run 'on build' but that's proving to be fairly difficult. So, then we started to make formal test cases centered on a 'user story' (aka use case) but keeping up with the implementation timeline with one person writing test cases also proved problematic. If you have any suggestions on what may be the most effective 'first steo', they would all be greatly appreciated!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

What challenges have you experienced in software test automation ?

More often than not, when there is a test automation discussion, the first question being asked is Which tool do you use\t I have noticed that, software test automation succeeded after a series of failures. Another challenge faced by test automation for mature software products is that automated test procedures are never quite the same as manual test procedures. They can be similar, but some things will need to be different because you no longer have an intelligent, perceptive human being watching every test and able to make reasonable assumptions about the source of errors.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

What heuristics do people use to determine the validity of executing a test script?

When I started out as a developer and my code didn't compile, I used to try and fix all the errors in one go rather than one at a time. Eventually I realised that I could only expect to fix the first error and I might manage one more before recompiling and checking again. This was because the first error typically caused all the subsequent errors, so fixing the first one usually fixed most of the other errors too. Today I see testers trying to execute test scripts that clearly don't really work anymore. The tester is under pressure to get through a set number of test cases and is allowed leeway to interpret out of date scripts so that they use information in their heads, not the written steps, to 'keep on track'. Sometimes this is ok. For example, If the script mentions a button called 'Go' and you see it has become 'Start', it's a fairly safe bet that you can click the 'Start' button to complete the step. But when do you hold you hand up and ask to stop and get the test scripts updated If you stop on the smallest script error you risk being accused of having no common sense, if you press on regardless, you risk ending up with test scripts that become nonsense.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

If manual testers want to add some automation skillsets.

If manual testers want to add some automation skillsets..Where to start and what approach we can take.. Every tool is different\t which scripting language to use \t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Can anyone tell how can we convert convert manual test case into automation script?

Can anyone tell how can we convert convert manual test case into automation script
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Is Quality of application directly proportional to Time taken to test the application

Is Quality of an application directly proportional to Time taken to test that application\t\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Can anybody suggest some good books for Software testing and Quality Assurance?

, Can anybody suggest some good books for Software testing and Quality Assurance Thank you
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

What are the most important innovations in software testing in the past 3-5 years?

Did you come across new methods, tools, concepts that have impacted the way you test What are they and how did they help
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

[Get] Load test tools Evaluation.

Load testing is the process of putting demand on a system or device and measuring its response. Load testing is performed to determine a systems behavior under both normal and anticipated peak load conditions. This article describe about the tools used in load testing. Please check the presentation from given link. Code: http://www.mediafire.com/b8xbjj1r4rk2n3r Enjoy Geek
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

I have to test live asp.net website ,which free automated testing tool should I use?

I have to test live asp.net website (live project), which free automated testing tool should I used for black box testing of this project
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

[Get]Select appropriate functional test tools in your organization.

Automation tools provide automated functional and performance testing for environments including Java, SOAP, CORBA, HTML, WAP, client/server, UNIX, and Windows. This article has been created as a guide to help testing professionals select, understand and implement functional test tools in any organization. Due to the large number of test automation tools available I have followed the 80/20 rule and selected the most popular as a base for this article. However where necessary other products including, Test Management, performance test and defect tracking suites will be mentioned. This base includes the following: Rational Robot (as included in Rational TestStudio) 2001 Rational Visual Test 6.5 Mercury WinRunner 7 Segue SilkTest 5 Compuware QA Run 4.7
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

What is the future of manual testing ?

It seems that every firm is seeking people with lots of automation experience. However, for the 4-5 firms that I have worked for in the past 10 years - automation is often not manageable for their applications. The applications are ones not requiring large loads of data to be pushed through nor many transactions etc.. So are companies just asking for the automation gurus just because they think they should or because they can really see a need for them
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

What are the most important innovations in software testing in the past 3-5 years?

Did you come across new methods, tools, concepts that have impacted the way you test What are they and how did they help
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!