Economics of Testing Automation?

From an economic perspective there is widespread agreement in the QA community that test automation can deliver tremendous benefits to software organisations. However, it is not so straightforward to develop a realistic Business Case for investing in Test Automation and the potential ROI varies significantly depending on the organisation, the development and testing processes and the technology used.

I would be interested to know if any of you is aware of a usable reference model or good source of industry data to help estimate the effort reductions that can be achieved by automating parts of the testing process. What are the manual activities that consume the most effort today What percentage of the testing process can be truly automated Is automation to answer to all the waste and inefficiencies of our current testing processes
Id like to hear your thoughts...
Posted On: Sunday 11th of November 2012 11:50:39 PM Total Views:  230
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Software Testing PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

I want to move from java development to software testing

i had been worked in java dvelopment since three years. i want to move in the field of software testing. i did work of manual testing in some kind of projects.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

What is the latest evolution for automated functional testing tools?

Like to know what are the key winning factor (beside being automated) for such software (COTS or Open source). It will be good to share the "gaps" (if any) in the software and how it can be complemented. Some areas that I can think of for considerations are robustness, "gap" self-analysis, "scavenging" capability, ROI based, security geared (vulnerability and threat identification), etc
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

[GET]automated testing tool evaluation.

There are a number of Automated Testing tools on the market today. The following is just a representative list of the major vendor products that are most widely used. Android Atesto Functional Testing Service Autoscriptor Inferno AutoTester for Windows AutoTester for OS/2 CAPBAK Certify CitraTest e-Monitor e-Tester eValid Forcast imbus GUI Test Case Library Jemmy QARun Panorama-2 QC/Replay QES/EZ for GUI Monitor Master Rational TeamTest Segue SET (Solution Evaluation Tool) SilkTest Smalltalk Test Mentor SQA TeamTest: ERP Extension for SAP TestBench400 SQA TestFoundation for PeopleSoft Tasker Test Now TestQuest Pro Test Automation System (formerly B-Tree Systems, Inc.) TestRunner Unified TestPro (UTP) Vermont High Test Plus Visual Test WebKing WinRunner xrc - X Remote Control XRunner For due diligence purposes, we have used the five criteria below to select and evaluate automated test tools. Please see details for evaluation. http://www.mediafire.com/a49wles07wbp76b
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

i want to start my career in testing field.

i want to start my career in testing field. which is more suitable manual testing or automated testing\tif so then how can i start that one....
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How do we prove that testing automation is adding value?

For the most part, automation testing is regression testing. As such, it should not find defects. However, management is concerned that more than 4 man-years have gone into finding only ten defects over the past year. How do we justify our existance
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Which is the best automation tool for testing Dot Net application?

Which is the best automation tool for testing Dot Net application
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

[Get] QTP-automation testing training.

Quick Test Professional (QTP) is an automated functional Graphical User Interface (GUI) testing tool that allows the automation of user actions on a web or client based computer application. It is primarily used for functional regression test automation. QTP uses a scripting language built on top of VBScript to specify the test procedure, and to manipulate the objects and controls of the application under test.This session cover below topics. Introduction to Automation Benefits of Automated Testing Automated Testing Process Introduction to QTP and its Salient Features Environment Supported
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Is testing is a dying profession? I have seen many employers now seeking BA's with te

Agile encorages cross-skilling. The availability of cheap or zero cost freeware test tools like Jbehave, Junit, Concordion, Ruby all encorage developers to create their own automatic test suites. Is it time to change
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Currently i am in Manual testing.I dont like automation Testing...

But ere no call fro Manual testing and its bit slow career growth here
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 31st October 2012
View Replies!

Can automated testing test software installation?

Can automated testing test software installation
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 31st October 2012
View Replies!

Hi All, Can anyone tell me best automated testing for mobile applications..

Hi , Can anyone tell me best automated testing for mobile applications (mainly for Android System.)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 1st November 2012
View Replies!

What do you use for automation testing?

Everyone knows how important testing is, and, successively, actually involved in software development does test the software that they release. But even a simple application often has so many different possible behavior patterns that some only take place in rather unusual circumstances. Thus, automation testing is a big deal even if a project is not very big but split into many iterations.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 2nd November 2012
View Replies!

Hello, I'm struggling to understand where actual (manual) UAT testing fits into...

, I'm struggling to understand where actual (manual) UAT testing fits into the Agile world. With Test Automation everywhere and CI, when is there the time without bottlenecking the cycle
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 2nd November 2012
View Replies!

If testing automation allows you to do more testing in the same amount of time...

are you saving money
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 2nd November 2012
View Replies!

I have 2.5 years of experience in Manual testing so now wanted to start Automation.

Can anyone help me in this or suggest how to go move ahead to start this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 7th November 2012
View Replies!

Please recommend good book for black box testing and automation tools...

Please recommend good book for black box testing and automation tools
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Any ideas on how to self-learn HP's QC especially QTP automation testing

Any ideas on how to self-learn HP's QC especially QTP automation testing
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

What would be Middle ware testing? Is there any tool?

Can manual testing address Middle ware testing When to start (entry) and stop (exit) middle ware testing Where can I get some research
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Manual testing or Automation testing? Which one is more important/crucial?

Manual testing or Automation testing Which one is more important/crucial
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Looking for a good automated web testing tool for Web applications...

Looking for a good automated web testing tool for Web applications...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!