As a software tester which automated tool will you rate higher and why?

A. Load Runner B. QTP
Posted On: Monday 1st of October 2012 02:05:35 AM Total Views:  264
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Software Testing PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Hi all, can anyone please give me material for "Manual and Automation Testing"

Hi all, can anyone please give me material for "Manual and Automation Testing".
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 27th September 2012
View Replies!

Which test case prioritization technique do you use?

Which test case prioritization technique do you use and why Does TCP selection depend on what testing your are performing such as manual or automated Does it also depend on type of system such as web based or desk top or nature of business
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Functional Spec, Test Cases, UI Automation in Agile

1. Is having wireframes, flow chart, userstories and explaining each element in the UI in a functional spec too much documentation in Agile eg., Login page - a mockup, spec: * The password field should accept only 12 characters. * Should be masked What is the extent of documentation acceptable in strict agile 2. Do you write testcases Since, agile means change, do you update your testcases throughout the sprint Isn't that too much documentation 3. "UI Automation (selenium) is always written when the UI is final". Only Unit tests are written as the developer codes. If you are in agile environment, do u automate UI at all If so, how do you keep up with the changes Would like to hear from people who have worked in successful and strict Agile projects. Thank you.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Is it important to have knowledge of automation tools as a tester?

Is it important to have knowledge of automation tools as a tester
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Any suggestion for a good test case management tool?

Can be used in manual and automated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th September 2012
View Replies!

Automation tool that can be used in Functional Test Case Generation?

any ideas
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

As we are emphasizing more and more on Automation Testing...

What a manual tester would be doing after 1 years
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Has anyone created an automated way to test software using the 5250 environment

Has anyone created an automated way to test software using the 5250 environment on the Iseries/ AS/400 platform If so, can you share some of your experience
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 29th September 2012
View Replies!

Guys, I am doing a Thesis related to Software Test automation for my Masters.

I am developing an interface for Test Automation design using Selenium and built on top of Eclipse. I will be posting the interface as an open source software at SourceForge soon. It is aimed at making the process of building and maintaining test suite in Selenium/Eclipse Java environment easy and efficient. Please have a look at the below video to know more about the current work being done. I would love to get feedback from the community of Selenium users, so that I can continue shaping this tool.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 29th September 2012
View Replies!

How do you make a distinction between "framework" and "infrastructure"

particularly as it relates to software test automation This may start an religious war, but ... I would like to understand how others in this forum distinguish between the terms "framework" and "infrastructure", particularly as it relates to software test automation. Does it matter And if so, why
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 30th September 2012
View Replies!

How do you estimate an automation project as in no of resources,time required...

How do you estimate an automation project as in no of resources,time required for scripting one testcase Are there any standard estimation techniques OR we have to decide based on our past exp
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Is there any good software to automate MFC/JAVA gui related Testcases?

also looking solution for windows 2k8 installation on baremetal physical machines which is connected to avocent/raritran device.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How does expected output can be prepared in case of following: -

How does expected output can be prepared in case of following: - Large Number of inputs (number of files with million of records) - lots Mathematical computation happen to come at final outputs
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

I have to test live asp.net website (live project) which free automated testing...

I have to test live asp.net website (live project), which free automated testing tool should I used for black box testing of this project
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 1st October 2012
View Replies!

How can we categorize automated software test case generation techniques

How can we trace and explain the generation using various techniques.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 1st October 2012
View Replies!

Hi, are there any specific tool &/or Testing procedure(plans,test cases etc) for...

are there any specific tool &/or Testing procedure(plans,test cases etc) for Android & iPhone applications (both in manual & automation testing) in industry
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 1st October 2012
View Replies!

Need ideas on automation of Flat panel Display testing (firmware)

Need ideas on automation of Flat panel Display testing (firmware) - various inputs to a Display being validated for color, aspect ratio, jitter, noise, distortion, shift, missing color, etc. Currently the testing involves use of a Video signal generator and manual visual verification of various signal formats (DVI, SDI, VGA, YPbPr, SOG, Composite, etc.) on the Display. The product is a Medical Display Monitor.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 1st October 2012
View Replies!