[Get]Automated Cross-Browser Compatibility Testing.

With the advent of Web 2.0 applications and new browsers, the cross-browser compatibility issue is becoming increasingly important. Although the problem is widely recognized among web developers, no systematic approach to tackle it exists today. None of the current tools, which provide screenshots or emulation environments, species any notion of cross-browser compatibility, much less check it automat-icily. In this paper, we pose the problem of cross-browser compatibility testing of modern web applications as a `functional consistency' check of web application behavior across different web browsers and present an automated solution for it. Our approach consists of (1) automatically analyzing the given web application under different browser environments and capturing the behavior as a finite-state machine; (2) formally comparing the generated models for equivalence on a pair wise-basis and exposing any observed discrepancies. We validate our approach on several open-source and industrial case studies to demonstrate its effectiveness and real-world relevance.
To know details please go to below link.
Code: http://www.mediafire.com/tfr452t462n7i9i Enjoy
Posted On: Tuesday 16th of October 2012 10:08:00 PM Total Views:  92
View Complete with Replies