Tooltip for table header

Hi ,

Is there an easier way to set tooltips for table header

I found one approach here: http://javaalmanac.com/egs/javax.swing.table/ColHeadTips.html

Posted On: Tuesday 23rd of October 2012 11:38:01 PM Total Views:  219
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Swing / AWT / SWT PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

tooltip

can any one say me how to implement a tooltip for co-ordinates in graph using graphics
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 17th October 2012
View Replies!

No mnemonic displayed in tooltip?

all! We recently upgraded from the 1.4.2 line of the JDK to the latest Java 6 version (repeat after me, "Generics are easy, the syntax is beautiful . One change I cannot figure out is the loss of the "accelerator" keys from the tooltips. Using 1.4.2, the tooltips would display as "This is your tooltip ", with "K" being your defined mnemonic for the button, etc. I am (unfortunately) using the Metal look and feel, so I checked the UIDefaults, and the listed value "ToolTip.hideAccelerator=false" seems like they should still show up Does anyone know if this was changed on purpose, or how to get the mnemonic back into the tooltips
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 17th October 2012
View Replies!

Retrieving tooltiptext from a game....

i have an application where... the mouse moves around randomly in an 800X600 space. and everytime it moves, it clicks... so it moves and clicks every 6 seconds... and every.... 4 min, it presses F1. now what i want to do is get the cursor to actually look for an object by using the tooltiptext above the object to determine rather or not it should click on it.... any advice, here is my code import java.awt.*; import java.awt.event.*; import javax.swing.*; class COB extends JFrame { int count = 0; javax.swing.Timer timer; Robot robot; boolean first = true; public COB() { getContentPane().add(new StartPanel()); setDefaultCloseOperation(EXIT_ON_CLOSE); setSize(800,600); setVisible(true); changeCursorLocation(); } public void changeCursorLocation() { try { robot = new Robot(); final int W = 800; final int H = 600; ActionListener al = new ActionListener(){ public void actionPerformed(ActionEvent ae){ // dont want it to stop until i close it.. //robot.keyPress(KeyEvent.VK_CONTROL); robot.mouseMove((int)(Math.random()*W), (int)(Math.random()*H)); count ++; if(count == 166) { robot.keyPress(KeyEvent.VK_F1); robot.keyPress(KeyEvent.VK_F1); count = 0; } robot.mousePress(InputEvent.BUTTON1_MASK); robot.mouseRelease(InputEvent.BUTTON1_MASK); } }; timer = new javax.swing.Timer(6000,al); } catch(Exception e){e.printStackTrace();} } public class StartPanel extends JPanel { JButton start,stop; public StartPanel() { JLabel program = new JLabel("Beta V1.0"); JLabel name = new JLabel("By: Monk, 08/28/06"); start = new JButton("Start Bot"); start.addActionListener(new ButtonListener()); stop = new JButton("Stop Bot"); stop.addActionListener(new ButtonListener2()); program.setVerticalAlignment(SwingConstants.BOTTOM); add(start); add(stop); add(program); add(name); setBackground(Color.white); } public class ButtonListener implements ActionListener { public void actionPerformed(ActionEvent event) { timer.start(); } } public class ButtonListener2 implements ActionListener { public void actionPerformed(ActionEvent event) { timer.stop(); } } } public static void main(String[] args){new COB();} }
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 18th October 2012
View Replies!

To have multi line tooltip text

I need to have a multiline tooltip text...this is to represent the address of a person as the tool tip when the mouse is moved on to it.In general we will have tool tip text of single line and that extends tooo long for the complete address.so i need multiple line tooltip text.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 18th October 2012
View Replies!

Setting dynamic tooltips for a vector

, I'm trying to dynamically set tooltips on the titles of the columns in a table, but whenever i try to do this it gives me the following code errors. Here is the code: private void initColumns() { columns = new Vector(); DataDictionaryModel[] ddm = cam.getDDModel(); this.ddm = ddm; for (int i = 0; i < ddm.length; i++) { columns.add(ddm[i].getDisplayName()); String tooltip = ddm[i].getToolTip(); //The method add(Object) in the type Vector is not applicable for the arguments (void) columns.add(setToolTipText(tooltip)); } } //I have also tried it like: columns.setToolTipText(tooltip); // and it tells me: The method setToolTipText(String) is undefined for the type Vector
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Change menu and tooltiptext fonts with SWT

, I would like to change fonts of menu and tooltiptext with SWT but I do not know how to do it. I've tried many ways !!! [banghead] Can anyone help me, please
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

jtable right mouse click

hi! how can i set a selection with right mouse click in jtable it only works with left mouse clicks. my table has single_selection mode. thx martin
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 23rd October 2012
View Replies!

Multiple table records in jtextfields

Hi all! Is it possible to have multiple table records vertically aligned, displayed in jtextfields and contained in a jpanel It looks something like a jtable in which multiple records are displayed one-by-one vertically but I want to control the spacing, position and add some data which are not fields in the table.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Border on XP table header

I have a JTable with five columns. On the first two columns, I have made custom renderers to show a picture in the table header. The rest of the columns are normal. Please could someone tell me how to get the border that is applied to these normal columns so that I can apply the border to the custom headers. Many
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to retrieve a specific cell in a table using SWT/JFace ?

Hi flks, Im totally newbie in SWT/JFace so my question may be so trivial for you. With an org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Table how can i access an specific cell of the table i.e: Row 3, Column 4. I can create a TableColumn or a TableItem giving a Table but is there any way to access a cell, givin a row and a column
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Mouselistner not working for a table object

Hi all, I have a JTable object called VTable present in the swing package. For this JTable, none of the listeners gets executed. VTable m_table = new VTable(rowData,colNames,false); m_table.addMouseListener(new java.awt.event.MouseListener(){ public void mouseClicked(MouseEvent e) { System.out.println("TEST!!!"); }
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How do i add label/textbox to a jtable

Hi all, Can anybody help me in this regard. I have a JTable with n number of rows. I want to implement a key search functionality on the table in such a way that after selecting a column and when i type a character, the character typed should be displayed in a small textbox on the table. (Similar to JBuilder - projects window, wherein when u keyin a character, a small yellow color label is visible displaying the different characters we typed in). How do i do the same in a jtable. Please help me in this regarsd as early aspossible
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Double JList for Selection Panel with editable fields

I'm not entirely sure how to describe this, but the widget should allow users to set up how they want a table to look. There is a list of available columns, and they have to choose which are visible, and of those that are visible they set how wide the column is, and a number indicating sort order. Sooooo.... I have been tasked to create two JList boxes, one for NOT visible columns and one for visible columsn. In between would be the "" buttons you often see that allow you to move the items back and forth from one list to another. In the "visible" JList, each item should ALSO have editable fields for entering the width & sort order. The not-visible JList should not show those fields. My questions are: 1. What do you call that thing when there are two JLists & the "" buttons in between That might make my search easier... 2. Can I do this with JLists...or do I need to try to implement this with two tiny tables (And just make it look like JLists) Any suggestions on where to start\t See silly image I made in Paint below: THANK YOU!!!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

jtable and the scrollbar

Has anyone ever programitcally changed their horizontal scrollbar I'm using a JTable in a scrollPane and I need to take three simple steps: 1. get the current position of the horizontal scroll bar 2. recreate the table with new data (not a problem) 3. reposition the scrollbar on the new table to the same position as the old table Can anyone give me an idea how to get the horizontal scrollbar position I tried this approach but haven't had much luck: scrollPane.remove( oldTable ); Point p = scrollPane.getViewport().getViewPosition(); scrollPane.setViewportView( newTable ); scrollPane.getViewport().setViewPosition(p);
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Why can't I get tooltip to show up when text in JTextField certain length?

I want to make a JToolTip show up (and formatted a certain way) when the text in a JTextField gets to a length beyond the visible horizontal length. I can make a window show up in this situation (i.e. I know how to test for the condition) but I can't get a tool tip to show up. I tried registering the text field with the ToolTipManager and then getting the "postTip" action and firing it's actionPerformed, but it didn't work. Any idea if there's a way JToolTip tip = textField.createToolTip(); ToolTipManager.sharedInstance().registerComponent( textField ); tip.setTipText( "blah" ); Action showAction = textField.getActionMap().get( "postTip" ); showAction.actionPerformed( new ActionEvent( textField, 0, ( String ) showAction.getValue( Action.NAME ) );
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Jtable boolean checkboxes

I have a column in a Jtable which is boolen. I have a verify button that take you to a new screen I want to display just the rows that have a check in the box (boolean = true). My jtable data is in a vector.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

import an access table into a JList

I import an access table into a TextArea with a JScrollpane and I need some help to select multiple items using the control button. Please provide some insights.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

table row height

I have a JTable with a comboBox as a cell editor. This works fine but looks a little bad. The comboBox needs to be editable. When the user clicks on a cloumn in the table whose editor is the combo box, it appears to be not tall enough. Here are some code snippets to show you what I mean: [code] // create the table final JTable table = new JTable(new MyTableModel( )); // create the combo box JComboBox acctsComboBox = new JComboBox(theAccounts); acctsComboBox.setEditable( true ); // set the editor TableColumn descColumn = table.getColumnModel().getColumn(2); descColumn.setCellEditor(new DefaultCellEditor( acctsComboBox )); // adjust the width of the column int preferredWidth = getWidestEntry( acctsComboBox, table.getFontMetrics(table.getFont()), table.getGraphics()); if (preferredWidth >= 0) descColumn.setPreferredWidth( preferredWidth ); [\code]
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How can I build a custom image tooltip ?

How can I build a custom image tooltip As you know, we can set tooltip as text, but now I want to set an image as tooltip. How can I do that
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

jtable problem please help

Hi everybody, I have a JTable for which i have rendered one column as a JCombobox. The Combobox appears to be fine. The problem is when i select a value from the combobox, all the other values of the combobox also get selected the same value . This happens for the first time only. For eg i have 1,2,3,4 as combobox elements . If i select value 1 on the first row all the other row values are also set to one. Below is some part of the code for clarity. Please help me.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!