Colored text output????

Following are the codes i've used to output my sequence in the main() method. It does give me the sequence that i want, but since i'm not femiliar with Swing stuffs, can anyone help with how to get the sequence(String) in colored text. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

//a part of my code in the main() method.
for(int x=0; x
Posted On: Tuesday 23rd of October 2012 10:53:31 PM Total Views:  61
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Swing / AWT / SWT PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

how to get colored line to differentiate text field array in swing

I have developed one frame on which I used GridBagLayout to arrange textfields of 12X12. i.e., total 144 textfields on frame. Now I want to differentiate these text fields with colored line after each 3 columns and three rows as shown in the following diagram. I shouldn't change the names of that text fields, because I interrelated those text fields using their names as jt[0][0], jt[0][1]......jt[6][2]........ and So on.I tried in many ways, but I couldn't find the solution. Please suggest. Below is the some part of my code.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 21st September 2012
View Replies!

Hide part of text on JLabel

Hi I have a frame using gridlayout with 240 labels packed to fullscreen. On each label i have several fields seprated with spaces which shall constantly change. How can i make a part of the text on Jlabel invisible to the user as i want to use that field for further manipulations and i can't use another frame because of memory and complexity constraints. best regards Robin
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

masking dates in text fields

I'm using a JFormattedTextField and would like to ensure that users can only enter valid dates in the format "dd/MM/yy". My first attempt at achieving this looks like this: JFormattedTextField dateField = new JFormattedTextField(MaskFormatter("##/##/##")); However this doesn't quite work because users can enter (for example) "44/13/07". Is there any support in the JDK for masking date input fields
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

JFace question: how to get caret position in text editor

Hi all, I'm working on a simple Eclipse plugin that should insert some text into the active editor in response to a menu command which invokes an InputDialog. Everything works, including inserting the text, but I have run into one stumbling block: I cannot figure out how to insert the text at the current caret position. Here is what I have so far: public Object execute(ExecutionEvent event) throws ExecutionException { IWorkbenchWindow window = HandlerUtil.getActiveWorkbenchWindowChecked(event); Shell parentShell = window.getShell(); InputDialog inputBox = new InputDialog(parentShell, "Technorati Tags", "Enter tags, separated by spaces", "", null); inputBox.open(); // TODO: munge this text into a technorati element String text = inputBox.getValue(); // System.out.println( text ); IWorkbenchPage pages[] = window.getPages(); IWorkbenchPage page = pages[0]; IEditorPart part = page.getActiveEditor(); ITextEditor editor = (ITextEditor)part; IDocumentProvider dp = editor.getDocumentProvider(); IEditorInput input = editor.getEditorInput(); IDocument doc = dp.getDocument(input); try { // some bogus hard-coded crap. What I really want here // is to insert right at the caret position. int offset = doc.getLineOffset(doc.getNumberOfLines()-4); doc.replace(offset, 0, text ); } catch( BadLocationException ble ) { ble.printStackTrace(); } return null; }
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Save contents of text area to file

Hi. I have the following code: else if (cmd.equals("Save")){ FileDialog fdsave = new FileDialog(this, "Save this file:", FileDialog.SAVE); fdsave.setVisible(true); try{ PrintWriter fw = new PrintWriter (new FileWriter(fdsave.getDirectory() + File.separator + fdsave.getFile())); fileLoc.setText(fdsave.getDirectory() + File.separator + fdsave.getFile()); }catch(Exception ee){ System.out.println(ee.toString()); }//catch }
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Save contents of text area to file

Hi. I have the following code: else if (cmd.equals("Save")){ FileDialog fdsave = new FileDialog(this, "Save this file:", FileDialog.SAVE); fdsave.setVisible(true); try{ PrintWriter fw = new PrintWriter (new FileWriter(fdsave.getDirectory() + File.separator + fdsave.getFile())); fileLoc.setText(fdsave.getDirectory() + File.separator + fdsave.getFile()); }catch(Exception ee){ System.out.println(ee.toString()); }//catch }
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Each Item With Different text Color in a combox

HI.. i am Using combobox for the selecting font color Selection... i want to display each Color in combobox with same the font color as its name... like Pink Text should be in Pink Color and Red Should be displayed with RED with Red Text Color in the Combobox... Any Idea or Clue...... Surely awaiting some good solution.. --Jamshaid..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

how to add dropdownlistbox to text field

Can any one help me how to add drop down list box to textfield in swingS using JPanel. Iam implementing auto complete text component in swings.I got values from jsp to swing class but i have to add this values to dropdownlistbox.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Current date in text field

hello hi i m making a project on library system in java. In this project i need to get current date in text fields in many forms for that i want to make a seperate class so that it can be accessed by all other classes in different forms. Can any body explain me how to do it by giving an example.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Truncated text in JLabel

I am seeing some characters getting truncated in my JLabels. For instance j gets truncated to an i. Is there a way to fix this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

jTextField update text?

Hi ...I have a Form has fields on it and I am having issue updating the textfields. Basically the form loads and user picks a choice from the combo box. This fires an event which connects to a database table and retrieves the first record. I can test this by doing System.print. The cosole shows me I have the correct record. I then wish to pass the value of the first record to the jTextField on the form. When doing print test. I print the value out in the database connection class it prints correctly but if I try to print out the same value in the GUI class I get back null. I am using setters and getters to set and retrieve the value. I assume the reason I cannot do a get on the setter is it is out of scope. So i am wondering if there is another easier way I thought maybe I can have the component redraw itself and pass the value to it Any ideas
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

JtextField addKeyListener

I have a text field and a button. I want to disable the button when the text field is empty. So I thought that the best thing to do was to check after every key pressed: when a character was entered I should enable the button, and when the text field is cleared I should disable it. But when I use addKeyListener the text is not updated with the new changes yet. I can use the KeyEvent e.getKeyChar(); but it's starting to be a little complicated.(what if the user selected the whole text and deleted it) Is there a better way to get the correct text right after a key was pressed
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

how to access values from Jtextfields into an array ?

hello forum, I am a novice to java and is finding it very difficult to understand the intricacies of java.Your help will be valuable to me. I have a series of randomly generated textfields( generated inside an event handler) and the user input has to be stored inside an array like ,parameters[],at the click of a button.I will send my code.Plz help me out with your valuable suggestions. jRadioButton.addActionListener (new ActionListener() {public void actionPerformed(ActionEvent e1) { if(finalpara==0){System.out.println("no para");} else { for(int j=1; j
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

Quick way of drawing LED style text?

AS above really. Is there a quick way of converting letters to look like LED style ticker system. At the moment i just use a JLabel which i update using setText. It would give my fruit machine application more realism (excuse pun). Had a look on google but i couldnt find any thing really helpful so thought i would ask here.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 22nd October 2012
View Replies!

JFileChooser - Do not allow any input in the textfield

Hi , Need help with JFileChooser. When the filechooser is displayed, the user can either select a file or they can type in a file name and select Open to open the file. I do not want the user to be able to type in any filename in the textfield. Is there a way to disable the filename textfield, so that they can only select a valid existing file.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 23rd October 2012
View Replies!

How can I send text characters to a printer device ?

If I want to write text characters to a file, I can try the following: BufferedWriter out = new BufferedWriter(new FileWriter("myFile.txt")); out.write(line1); out.write(line2); out.write(line3); (...) out.write(line999); out.flush(); out.close(); What should I change in the above lines in order to write streams of characters to a printer device instead of a file Please, keep in mind that I could need to print more than one page of text characters.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Multiple table records in jtextfields

Hi all! Is it possible to have multiple table records vertically aligned, displayed in jtextfields and contained in a jpanel It looks something like a jtable in which multiple records are displayed one-by-one vertically but I want to control the spacing, position and add some data which are not fields in the table.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

how to show html text in JTable Cell

! I want to show html text in column of JTable. But I don't want to show html tags in cell. I use the following code, public class TagStripper extends HTMLEditorKit.ParserCallback { public void setData(String data) { this.data = data; } public String data = ""; public String getData() { return data; } public TagStripper() { } public void handleText(char[] text, int position) { for (int i = 0; i < text.length; i++) { data = data + text[i]; } } } It works, but while fetching the data from the cell I want the html tags\t sachin.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How do i add label/textbox to a jtable

Hi all, Can anybody help me in this regard. I have a JTable with n number of rows. I want to implement a key search functionality on the table in such a way that after selecting a column and when i type a character, the character typed should be displayed in a small textbox on the table. (Similar to JBuilder - projects window, wherein when u keyin a character, a small yellow color label is visible displaying the different characters we typed in). How do i do the same in a jtable. Please help me in this regarsd as early aspossible
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Why can't I get tooltip to show up when text in JTextField certain length?

I want to make a JToolTip show up (and formatted a certain way) when the text in a JTextField gets to a length beyond the visible horizontal length. I can make a window show up in this situation (i.e. I know how to test for the condition) but I can't get a tool tip to show up. I tried registering the text field with the ToolTipManager and then getting the "postTip" action and firing it's actionPerformed, but it didn't work. Any idea if there's a way JToolTip tip = textField.createToolTip(); ToolTipManager.sharedInstance().registerComponent( textField ); tip.setTipText( "blah" ); Action showAction = textField.getActionMap().get( "postTip" ); showAction.actionPerformed( new ActionEvent( textField, 0, ( String ) showAction.getValue( Action.NAME ) );
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!