Forum

RECENTLY INDEXED PROGRAMMING SOLUTIONS OF Swing / AWT / SWT

Change icon color dinamically  

Hi, guys! I'm trying to create a JFrame with 3 circles inside it and make it work like a traffic light. I've created a separate class... Continue Reading
Views : 112
Thursday 20th of September 2012

Can you sort a class of arrays/collection  

Sure you can sort arrays and lists. If you look at the Java API: which is found here you will find a class called Arrays. Arrays has a method called sort(T[] a,... Continue Reading
Views : 161

Confusion about this reference to a JFrame  

import java.awt.*;import javax.swing.*;public class SimpleScreenManager{ private GraphicsDevice device; SimpleScreenManager(){ GraphicsEnvironment ge =... Continue Reading
Views : 156

issue in a gui  

i got a gui were you can search for people in a txt file and wen it finds a match it prints the match in a jtextArea. whit the following code i enter an ID in a textfied and wen i press a button called Search it print me the ID, but i want also to... Continue Reading
Views : 155
Wednesday 19th of September 2012

applet spawn new jvm  

i have an applet application that runs from signed jar files on the local machine. I have a need for the applet to spawn a new jvm instance,... Continue Reading
Views : 191

GridBagLayout GUI is not displayed, this symbol is displayed instead  

I have written a small application whose GUI is designed with GridBagLayout. It is, in fact, just a Continue Reading
Views : 138

getName() for a JCompnent returns null  

I need to get the name of a JComponent but it returns null UNLESS I assign the name in code. Why? Continue Reading
Views : 172

a baffling problem  

i have a Paint program that i am improving. it used a custom class called StandardColorSelector which used a JComboBox to select a color. i... Continue Reading
Views : 198

Another issue in a GUI  

i have GUI whit a jtextfield that search for a match in text file that i got saved somewere. but the thing is that i just realize that search like this this is my text file and ive marked what is seen by my search and what is not: Alfredo... Continue Reading
Views : 157

different issue whit a GUI  

i have a gui whit a modify button and 4 jtext fields like this: ID of the person to modify: first jtextfield New name: second jtextfield new last name: 3 jtextfield new Id: 4 jtextfield and a button called... Continue Reading
Views : 128

real time movement for container  

Hello everybody. I am building a gui within an applet, which does have an animation and updates frequently. Therefore to prevent... Continue Reading
Views : 120

resize icon to fill jLabel surface  

I have successfully placed an imageicon onto a jLabel, however, I would like the dynamically changing image to fill the entire jLabel surface. Does anyone know how to manipulate the image to fill the entire jLabel surface? The code below shows how I... Continue Reading
Views : 119

tree.setSelectionPath not working  

I have a JTree and to that i have a button called "up" which when clicked moves the node up. I am doing this by deleting the node from its... Continue Reading
Views : 211

Jframe default look and feel  

Hi, I want to develop a transparent jframe. In that case I am using fallowing code example. But the problem is I want to remove the title bar of the jframe. To transparent the jframe, it needs default look and feel as true. So my question is, how can... Continue Reading
Views : 125

doubt whit Netbeans  

i use drag and drop to make jtextfield in my GUI, it looks like this: ID: (HERE IS THE JTEXTFIELD) now i want that the user only put numbers in that jtextfield and i got this code: Continue Reading
Views : 141

Multiple Outputs in a Dialog Box  

One last question and then this project is finished! I need to finally output all my information gathered from this pizza program I'm making into a Dialog Box, but I have two dilemmas. The output is based off of 4 possible "if" statements currently (that just... Continue Reading
Views : 49

FINAL problem whit GUI  

i have in a text file the following: Charlize Theron 77777777 Maria Sharapova 44444444 Nicola Tesla 33333333 Mario Bros 11111111 and a gui were you can modify this text file whit the following code: Continue Reading
Views : 200

Another MVC question  

I think I am starting to get the idea of how to implement an MVC pattern, I just have a few questions on the specific details for my current project. ... Continue Reading
Views : 109

Oppinions on max frame size  

Having designed a few programs now i have been considering what is the maximum frame size one should aim to produce at start up. If your making a small interface which only needs a small frame then if users want to enlarge it, it can be easily done... Continue Reading
Views : 128

JTextArea not updateing  

When the user clicks on a particular component on my GUI a listener dispatches the code below which, in turn, executes a method that creates a system process to update the computer clock with network time servers. Continue Reading
Views : 146

DrawingHouse program  

I really need help my grade depends on this!! So in my programming class we are suppose to create a picture of a house. ive been having a problem with my java compiler(in... Continue Reading
Views : 98

create a jtable which can combine and split and the image change also  

hi newbie here and would like to know how to create a jtable with default images and with specific column and rows that if you combine the cells the image enlarge and when split the image decreases. thanks Continue Reading
Views : 203

How to preserve a font style in a JEditorPane  

hello, I'm working with styles in a JEditorPane, everything is working, but when I backboard in a previous word the next words catch the... Continue Reading
Views : 114

Netbeans gui plugin generates main method for all gui classes  

/** * @param args the command line arguments */ public static void main(String args[]) { /* Set the Nimbus look and feel */ // Continue Reading
Views : 178

Showing a picture  

Hey guys/girls, I'm trying to make a simple program that shows a picture in my GUI when i click a button. So far all it does is restart the window. public void... Continue Reading
Views : 60

Error while trying to create a JTable  

I am taking elements from a Dom parser and writing its content into a JTable with Continue Reading
Views : 169

jar and sqlite....  

hello averybody!!! i have create one database sqlite with sqlite manager of firefox... this db i have saved in "C://prova.sqllite" and a have axport my jar.... the program it's ok!!! but if i want create one jar... Continue Reading
Views : 118

Can javahelp be invoked on JPanels  

I have an application consisting of five components. Each one extends JPanel. If I want to press F1 in my application and bring up help, I can... Continue Reading
Views : 151

How to update changes made in JTree to xml file  

Hello, I have a xml file which i am parsing using a dom parser and displaying as a JTree. Now I want that if any changes are... Continue Reading
Views : 179

Need Help in Swing  

Thanks for the prompt Response.!!! I have a Swing App which shoots email.. In the JTextArea I enter: Hi... Continue Reading
Views : 60