Which is best url selection for new Web site

I am planning to create a new Web site .The main keyword I am targetting is 4 words. ( lets say a, b, c, d ). Could you suggest me which would be the best url I can select.

www.a-b-c-d-someotherword . com
www.abcd . info
www.abcd . org

How important is it to select a .com url over .org or .info and others like .biz etc

If my url is having more than 3 to 4 "-" symbols , would it be a problem from seo point of view.

PLease help.
Posted On: Tuesday 27th of November 2012 12:58:48 AM Total Views:  56
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Search Engine Optimization PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Optimizing URLs, which is best

, Well, I was starting with optimizing thumbnails for my pages, and I noticed on a couple pages, using Google keywords, not only the thumbnails, but the page titles and urls for some pages are completely irrelevant to search queries. For example, this page: http://www.bookboxshop.com/product/davinci-project-bk-61/ "Davinci" as a keyword has no relevance to Leonardo da Vinci, and neither does "project", both words are in thumbnails, detail images, page title, and url. I have no issue changing the first three, but regarding the url, I do have some questions. I have decided to optimize this particular page, as an example, to use the keywords "Vitruvian Man" and "Leonardo da Vinci", most likely having the page title be "Vitruvian Man - Leonardo da Vinci". I also want this page to rank for the word "Book Box", since that is the main keyword for my website overall. So for the URL I have come up with a couple ideas: www.bookboxshop.com/vitruvian-man www.bookboxshop.com/vitruvian-man-book-box Would having "book-box" in the url be redundant since technically it's in the base of the website url, "bookboxshop" (even though I am thinking google does not separate this to focus on "bookbox") Would it be keyword stuffing, or possibly unpleasant for viewers/visitors I chose "vitruvian-man" for the url since it has the highest search volume related to my page, higher than "Leonardo da Vinci" for example. I am completely new to SEO, so I would appreciate any thoughts or feedback. If you have suggestion for a different URL, that would be appreciated as well. , Darren,
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 24th September 2012
View Replies!

Link building for a site which hasn't launched

I've built an ecommerce site which will be selling computer accessories. At the moment, I haven't made any deals with wholesalers/manufacturers and so the site is finished but the product categories are empty - i.e. there are no products on the site. Is it ok if i start SEO marketing and link building it now So that once i get products on there, i'll be able to get some traffic straight away thus allowing me to sell products immediately. So say i have a product category for wireless mice at page mystore.com/wireless-mice, would i be able to promoting that link for say, "wireless mice" even if it has no products on there Or will Google see flag this as not appropriate Would love to hear some advice. Many
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 25th September 2012
View Replies!

Photo Sharing Site - which one is best for SEO?

Your wisdom is appreciated. We have about 100 photos and growing that we want to host on a photo sharing site. Which site is best for SEO Flickr Picassa etc... Also, once loaded any suggestion on how to tag or keyword the photos I mean if your search keyword you are looking to optimize is San Diego Plumber, how would you suggest tagging the photos... Lastly there is a choice for the URL for the site, like ending in sandiegoplumber.html or endingin joesplumbing.html. So if your name is joes plumbimg but you want the search to be for "san diego plumbers" is it better to have your url with the keyword you are looking to optimize
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
View Replies!

Article directories which approve articles

Hi Does anybody have list of article directories which approves articles, if yes then please provide
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

Pls advise me which software to choose for link exchange management.

hi !!! our client wants us to use a link exchange mgmt software for his site. actually, what he wants here is that he wants the software to check the requests from other sites for link exchange and lets us check whether or not to accept the link exchange. and if we accept the link exchange, it constantly checks whether the other site has our link and it automatically deletes the links from our site, incase the other site has deleted our link. what are ur opinions\t is it worth a software. our client insists such s/w.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Confused, which kind of Keywords to target for This non Profit Website

I have a website (http://www.teriin.org) and all the visitors who land on this website are mainly searching for it by its Name TERI (the energy and resource institute etc). I am a lil confused about which kind of keywords I should target to bring more visitors to the site. The website theme is on energy, research and sustainable development, etc. Can anyone suggest something to help please
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

.net vs .org which one is better for search engines?

i want to open a website but unfournately some .com is already take, which one would be better for search engine .net or .org i hardly see any .net on top related on search engine when i am searching for something on yahoo or msn. so is .org better than .net!!!!!! please let me know.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Google caching different URL which is not given in website?

my website has a page for advertisers at Search Customer and we have their personal profile pages there. when I check my indexed pages in Google I am facing a weird problem. for Example we have a page http://www.jobjobhealth.com/portal/memohealth for memorial healt cares profile our website but google has indexed it with different url http://www.jobjobhealth.com/Portal2-41.aspx please help, this probllem is with with Google only while yahoo is indexing only given url's at website
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 17th October 2012
View Replies!

Content optimisation - which english to use?

Hi , i wonder if any of you came across this issue with the english language sits. we have a website that will be offering articles to U.S | UK | Canada and other english speaking countries. However we are not sure what sort of english to use which wont offend a certain group or hopefully wont impact our sales. have you come a cross something similar and if yes how did you deal with it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 17th October 2012
View Replies!

Keyword Research which is more important the www or page titles?

When it comes to keyword research which is more important The name of the website or the pages on the site I sell headphones and I know I won't ever be able to get headphone.com or org, etc but i can get something like bestheadphonestoget.com.....now my pages on my site or should i say the keywords for each page do have good search volume (5k+) and the competition is under 100K. For instance DJ headphones Headphones for Running ETC Am I going correctly by just having the main phrase "headphones" somewhere within my website address and focusing on the individual page title (keywords) to attempt to rank
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

Pages vs. Categories with Podcasts..what is best for SEO? (I tried Search first)

Hi all! I have been working very hard on my site, although I am still very much a rookie. It's about parenting advice with humour & fun. My problem is the following: 1) I have read that static pages are better than use categories for SEO. If this is true, then why don't most people do that Almost every popular blog out there uses Categories From what I've seen anyhow. My site would certainly look better if I stuck to pages only. Currently I have been using a page widget that order pages into "parent" and "child". As my site and content grows, will this still be suitable 2) My articles/posts are focused on relevant and profitable keywords. They took a long time to write well and would certainly constitute "static". I won't be changing them frequently. How should they be structured Just simple slugs that match the keyword 3) My bread and butter will really be podcasts. However, the show notes from the podcasts will often be centered around the same keywords, although not identical content of-course. How would I best place these show notes on my site Could I use the Category widget and organize them that way What would be most effective from an SEO standpoint I am very grateful for any help! Thank you!! Jayce
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 22nd November 2012
View Replies!

Page 4 - Please recommend the best resource SEO you always read online

Quote: Originally Posted by wygk Though I think you'll agree that probably the majority are short replies without any real supporting evidence. "The majority"... sound like you mean "alot" as in 50% +1... at least Like what You'd be hard press to find even that minimal majority of questions asked and then answered by insufficient responses. ...adding "I got a -60 penalty what can I do"... is the same as "I got a -50 penalty what can I do"... "I got a -90 penalty what can I do"... "I got a -950 penalty what can I do"... How would you class these I doubt the book covers -penalties for every number.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

What is best for SEO? blog or articles?

, I send a weekly email and now have lots of good content that I would like to put on my site. From an SEO point of view would I be best putting them into a blog or creating a page for each article Thank you , being equal, then, i'd recommend the blog as people have said, you can set it up pretty easily and post easily, have RSS feeds etc. The marketing trend now seems to lean towards blogs, too. Probably in part due to the ease of maintaining and the familiarity and consistency to users.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

What's the best strategy for this?

Hi folks, Help! We have a website moving from .com.au to .com and will be targeting US, Canada and UK. We're a bit stuck in the UK part, since there are search terms that are different from the US, Canada markets. Do we: create a UK version of the site or create a page solely optimized for UK or are there any other options you can advise us
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to find the best seo software?

I have been trying to build my website and get traffic to it but I cannot find a reasonably priced seo or traffic program that ACTUALLY works! Help!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Gettgin best SEO

I'm new to this and this is my first post, I know very little about SEO and use Freeway Pro on a mac to start building sites Just started to build first site using Freeway Pro, just starting to build now but worried about doing it all and it isnt good way for SEO which is of major importance. My concerns are the way i want my site constructed is a showcase entry page displaying one photo, my name and a strap line, this would appear for a few seconds, then open to the home page. As there are various, but quite distinct and different services I offer, the homepage would consist of various buttons with brief descriptions of each category that when clicked upon would take you off to more detailed and relevant information and galleries, in effect, each service/category button would almost be a seperate capsule website in its own rights. This is where my main concern lies, will the Search engines be put off or not navigate or rank highly each service that might be Googled because it had an entry page and home page with very brief information of relevance to get past before the right detail was found. Am I OK to construct how I plan or should I make each service a seperate website and link them all for the best SEO Any info would be most welcome!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 23rd November 2012
View Replies!

What is the best SEO software to purchase?

My head is swirling with all the choices out there so I wanted to ask the pro's over here to see what you use.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

Several Sites in the same niche. What's best way to link them?

I have built several sites over the past couple of years that are more or less related to the same niche. The pagerank for each one are low, with a pagerank 2 being the highest on one of them, but I'm still able to rank okay on the Search engines. But that's probably because the competition isn't too tough for the niche. My question is how should I go about linking them to achieve the best SEO Do I * Have all the websites link to each other just on the homepage. * Have all the websites link together on every page. * Build a hub, with all the websites pointing to just one site which links back out to them. (hub and spoke model) Any advice or suggestions is highly welcomed.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

How to best add a blog in this situation.

I'm thinking of adding a "latest news" section to our real estate site. The problem that I have though is that the site we use is a templated site and I am limited on some things that I can do. I can change title and meta tags and I can add any html or content to any page. However, if I add a blog, the style is totally different than my site and it is listed as a subdomain of our site. So, is it best for me to set up a wordpress blog and then iframe it into my site Or, perhaps I could do a blog and scrape the content and put it on my real estate site Or, I could simply write a page with each month's news items...but then it won't be optimized as well as if I do a page for each news item as in a blog. Any ideas , Oh believe me, I have greatly considered this. However, more than 50% of our sales come from conversions from this website. The reason we get the conversions is because of the "handshake system" that they have. We have handshakes with 160 other agents in the city who use the same templated site. So, all of their listings appear on our site and vice versa. In our area, our MLS board does not allow IDX or scraping of any sort. So, to scrap the site would mean to scrap our biggest source of leads.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 27th November 2012
View Replies!

Please rate the best link building strategies

Here are five rather easy back link strategies. Assumed you have the time or resources to get quality articles written, hub pages content produced, forum profile signatures created and manual directory submissions. How would you sort following back link techniques by SEO benefits! I know diversification would be best, but I would like to know your preferences. Paid Links Forum Signature Article Directory Web Directory Submission Hub Pages creation (Squidoo or Hubpages) __________________ Webmaster of a 10Mio$ Company. If you offer SEO services with great ROI please PM me. __________________
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 27th November 2012
View Replies!