What is the best way to link multiple websites of one's own?

I have been running eight websites and eight blogs for some time. They are related and similar in content, but they are not linked to each other, because I fear Google might give them some kind of penalty for search engine spams. So the visitors need to find the other websites and blogs of mine on their own if they are interested.

But I am beginning to think that I might be better off if I linked them to each other.

1) So, if that is the case, would you put links to each of these websites and blogs on the top page of each of them

2) Or would you link these sites so as not to link to each other directly like: Site 1 > Site 2 > Site 3 > Site 4 > Site 5...etc. Then, Site 3 > Site 1 plus Site 5, and so on.

3) Or would you link them only where context requires links to them For example, if a page at Site 1 is about traffic problems, then you put a link to a page about government traffic policy at Site 2.

These websites and blogs of mine are non-commercial websites, and they are on free web space. So I do not put adds like Google AdSense banners on them, if this sort of information is relevant.

So, what would be the best way to link these websites and blogs

Thank you.
Posted On: Thursday 22nd of November 2012 09:03:36 PM Total Views:  89
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Search Engine Optimization PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Is the best SEO advice for most new members NOT to?

I have noticed a trend on SEO Chat. It seems like the majority of new posters (especially those looking for site reviews) are hyper focused on SEO to the point of completely ignoring any usability or even benefit to potential visitors. I see lots of 'blogs' with no information and a bunch of ads. Or poorly written content loaded with ads. Sites pushing a product that nobody in their right mind would ever use. And questions from unknown sites like 'what keyword should I target to make $$$ on the internet' (which has got to be one of the dumbest questions ever). It seems like the best advice for many of these people is to completely forget about SEO until they have a solid, high quality, usable site which either sells a product directly or contributes significantly to the web in the form of information, entertainment, or whatever. I just don't recall seeing many people showing up with a great site selling widgets (or whatever) that offer a solid service and just need help showing up in search results. Am I just cynical because I work for a company doing physical product e-commerce Maybe some other reason Or do we really see a disproportionate number of people who are trying to do SEO or 'SEO' on sites that are essentially useless wastes of good disk space Is the best response for many of these people to forget about keywords, links, and Search Engines entirely and go out and build a quality site before coming back (if they even need to at that point) -- Edit for spacing --
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

Easiest way to find competitors best keywords?

Can anyone give me the quick easy for finding which keywords are driving the most traffic to competitor sites. I just downloaded a free trial of Market Samurai. Haven't spent ton of time on it yet but I haven't noticed this capability there. Any resources would be appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Page 5 - Please recommend the best resource SEO you always read online

Quote: Originally Posted by SEO_AM I read a lot... Love it. For a break I listen to the classics via audio books. They are FREE online downloads. My business in online... That means I spend 8-10 hrs a day in front of the screen... A good book is a welcome break. Before you ask... I spend about 10 minutes a day on true SEO... that is enough to protect my turf of super competitive keywords in the SERPs. How can you be competitive on tough keywords It is a big secret... don't tell anyone else... The secret: I focus on content (not SEO), link bait (not SEO), and backlinks (this is quasi SEO) NOT poor return link exchanges, directories, etc. I hear ya... I probably wouldn't have castrated wygk had he just recommended the book. In my own developments - I'm going on permanent vacation to every city in the US for starters; looking for those obscure facts that only the locals know... the best fly-fishing spot, swimming hole, the insider scoop about the local golf courses, local hospitality gems, and of course 'city halls' for forgotten treasures of city ordinances and bylaws, local dogma, rumors, superstitions, folklore, and the stuff legends are made of... looking for anything and everything that isn't currently online... my idea of linkbait. If any one has need of a local "scout" - PM me.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Page 2 - What is best for SEO? blog or articles?

Quote: Originally Posted by mynotion If assuming the content are good, I would prefer blog than article. I think Google love blogs a lot, that's why blog usually get index faster than normal static web page. Google has no preference. A site is a site is a site. What google loves is content rich sites with many back links. Any site can just as easily out rank a blog and visa versa!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Which is the best link building ?

hello Actually i want to know which types of link building is too much useful.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

What is the best backlink checker?

Any suggestions
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Anyway to find out the best quality links are...

We sell perfume so the best links would be perfume, beauty, cosmetics. I have received links from shopping malls, housing products and some others but i haven't exchanged links with them cause i believe it will lower our rank. Is there anyway u can find out what google list as quality links for selling perfume and what they don't like
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

What blog service is best for SEO?

I want to create an Adsense site. And I thought that the easiest way for publishing those articles is by using a blog. But which blog is the best for SEO I tried Wordpress. Installed some SEO plugins, but these plugins don't do the job they supposed to. So many things wrong. I don't even remember them all. But I'm a SEOnoob. So I wanted to ask the experts. What blog is the best for SEO
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Page 3 - Please recommend the best resource SEO you always read online

Quote: Originally Posted by wygk So, you didn't read the book. And you are 'guessing' that I haven't followed this forum, or others (incorrect, by the way, but that's neither here nor there.) And yet, despite the fact that you admit having no knowledge of the book I recommended, you insist you are right and I am wrong. To me, that seems like you are on very thin ice, intellectually. Sure thing... What forums What members
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Wht is the best way for SEO?

I don't have much idea how to do SEO for my website, some body told me I can do that by my self or by software or let a company do it. I would like to know cheaper best way to do it how
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Meta name="Robots" or robots.txt - best one?

From some online tools, i generated the following line After that I studied about robots.txt file. Which one is good or Are they both same
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How do i best use keywords in my url?

i have an aboutus.php webpage on my site. I am optimizing that webpage for these keywords "dog picture, dog photo, dog pic" i was thinking that i should use a REDIRECT in my .htaccess file to change the aboutus.php page into dog-picture-dog-photo-dog-pic.php then i would maximze my keyword usage for SERPs. Is this a good idea and will help me in the SERPS or is it a bad idea to do a REDIRECT cause it wont show up in the SERPS how i want it to\t anyone have any direct experience with this and can tell me the smartest way to achieve my goal
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

best way to deal with multi domains?, duplicate content!

We have one .co.uk domain We have a registered trademark but just ad protection for ourselves and save possible nonsense we have just registered 8 other extensions for the same domain name. .eu .biz .org.uk .co etc,etc We can just leave these dormant or I was thinking might these domains bring additional traffic .eu for eg might this not move our site up for searches from the eu 301 redirect done at the server side perhaps, any one have experience of this.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

what's the best way for me to create a backlink?

I have a personal website and I want to give a back link to my business site. I will create keywords with the proper anchor texts that lead to my site. Now my personal website has a dozen pages. should I place a link on each page with a different keyword for each anchor text Will each count
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

What is the best keyword research tool for SEO?

As a major portion of traffic one can get from search engines is Google, you need to target whats hot on Google and look for the keywords that could promote your website on search engine results. You can look up for the trends at trends.google.com to see whats the most hot topic that people are currently searching for on Google.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

I own over 200 domains , how best to use them ?

I have a main website which is a domain registration and website hosting business, it is relatively new and i wanted to drive traffic to it. 4 years ago, I went on a domain name buying frenzy and have a control panel with another hosting company inwhich there are over 250 domains all owned by me, I was wondering if there is a way to use these to increase the page rank on my main new site. all these domains are relatively old but have page rank 0 as nothing was ever done with most of them kindly advise
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 10th November 2012
View Replies!

Which internal linking in best? index.html or http://www.mywebsite.com

In the internal navigation of the website which one method do you think is the best Using the whole url, like http://www.mysite.com/product.html or Using the relative link, like /product.html I am especially concerned about the home page. I dont want to pass my PR to http://www.mysite.com/index.html instead of passing it to http://www.mysite.com Just to make things clear, what is the difference between the following three http://www.mysite.com http://www.mysite.com/index.html /index.html What do you guyz think At the moment I have set half of my internal links to link to /index and the other half to the absolute link http://www.mysite.com just in case.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 10th November 2012
View Replies!

What is the best SEO friendly website design ?

What is the best SEO friendly website design
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

How to choose the best Keywords?

Hi Everybody, Can you pls tell me the way by which you can research the best keywords for a newly made site and also how long the Title and description meta tag should be
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 22nd November 2012
View Replies!

Which is the best free tools for keyword ranking

1) Currently iam using tools.Seobook for checking keyword rank, but each and every day the result r changing randomly, and i check other tools it gives different result, So pls tell me which tools is best. 2) how can i increase keyword rank for graphic web page( which as very less content and very low keyword density
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 22nd November 2012
View Replies!