Page 2 - How to get top 3 position in Google with a singe keyword?

Thats and easy question to answer.
Pick a keyword and then type it in google. Count how many google results there are for that keyword and then simply get one inbound link for each!

This assumes the rest of your page is optimised.
Posted On: Thursday 22nd of November 2012 11:27:52 PM Total Views:  376
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Search Engine Optimization PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

How can see my site on Google 1st page ?

My site is uniquehoster and want to top on major search engines (Google, Yahoo, and Msn).What I do How much time it will display on google. What is the major work on Search Engine optimization.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

Having many links on index page - bad?

, I will make a top 50 list about my subject and planning to put that list on my site home page. of the 50 items will have links to the related other websites. Is having too many links like this on my home page to other websites a negative as far as SEO
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

New site, home page not in serps, internal page is

This is my first post here! I recently purchased a domain and set up a site, and i have a few questions that might not seem very clever, but I'm rather new to SEO so bear that in mind - The name of the domain is the two word phrase I wish to be ranked well for. - It's a .biz tld (all others we're taken). - I found out that the domain was registered before, but was dropped about a year and a half ago. I couldn't find any evidence that it was banned by Google or any other search engine. - The domain has about 20 pages of content (good content in my opinion, that i wrote). - There are no internal links yet (planning on adding those soon) - I managed to get about 20 backlinks from directories and article directories pointing to my home page with an anchor of the 2 word phrase (name of the domain). The problem is this: one of the pages on the site (not the home page) is ranked 214 (I assume that means my site is out of the google sand box\t). But the home page is not listed in the top 1000 search results at all. What can that mean is just the home page banned or is that kind of thing considered normal for a new site just to be clear, i found the page that is ranked 214 running a search for the name of the domain looking for the home page.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Indexd pages gone missing

My indexed pages have dissappeared on google. Can someone enlighten me please What tools can I use tofind out what I did wrong
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Stripping of all parameters for main index page...

I noticed google indexed several versions of my index page, for example: http://www.domain.com/id=20 http://www.domain.com/id=50 http://www.domain.com/param1=60 http://www.domain.com/x=50&y=20 etc... This is due a 301 redirect i did from an old domain to the this domain, which didnt strip any of the parameters... I'd like to permanently redirect all versions of http://www.domain.com/someparameter=20 to http://www.domain.com How can this be done via a mod rewrite rule in htaccess Best regards
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Position of pages in my site - Does this effect SEO

, I have a fairly simple question and was wondering if anybody could help me out. Basically I have written an article and done some on-page optimisation for a particular keyword. I am now in the process of building up backlinks to that article. However the article is buried four pages deep from the homepage. I.E The navigation path is 4 pages deep into my site. My question is, will this hamper my SEO efforts If I write an article and do some on page optimisation and then implement a back linking strategy, where is to optimum place to position the article I hope this makes sense.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Changing page extension

all! I'm considering redoing a site that's currently asp into a php based site. My only concern is that the site has a great ranking, and if I change the page extensions that will screw that up right I'm wondering if there's a way to preserve the page rank and still do this. Should I set up a 301 redirect from the old pages to the new And would that have any negative effect Or could I rewrite the page extensions from php to asp Any thoughts would be appreciated!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Can I increase traffic with a non linked webpage

My question is this. If I have a website, say for example, abc.com that gets very few hits but I have a webpage abc.com/test that gets a ton of hits. Does the web traffic on the second url affect the overal rankings for the first one even though they are not linked
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Google still showing old page in cache!

Could someone help me with an issue on a client site with the following: (1) site: www.persimmonhill.com (2) Site was updated and pushed live about five weeks ago. (3) The site had an "under construction" page up while the new site was being built. Now, whenever i check google's index for the pages, all it shows is one page in the index, and that page is the old 'under construction' page. i just checked the index again today and it showed: Untitled Document Thank you for visiting PersimmonHill.com. We are currently building a new web site. Please check back soon! You can contact Persimmon Hill at: ... www.persimmonhill.com/ - 2k - Cached - Similar pages (1) What is the relationship between the google cache and the google index If they show one page in their cache, is that all there is in the index (2) How can they have a page in their cache that doesnt exist anymore (3) What do you suggest we do to get this situation rectified and get all the pages indexed properly
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

301 Redirects- When is it okay to take down old webpages from server?

About a year ago we did a redesign on our website. We 301 redirected all of our old URLs to the new URLs. Now that a year has gone by, and the search engines have fully indexed our new site and removed our old site, when is it safe to remove the old URLs from our server
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 22nd November 2012
View Replies!

Duplicated home page

In my website, all the URLs below lead to my home page with a different URL: MyDomain-com/index.php MyDomain-com/home MyDomain-com/home.htm MyDomain-com/home.html How to redirect them all to my main URL: MyDomain-com
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

What should be contents limit in one page?

Hi all, please let me know what should be contents limit in one pages.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Backlink from sitemaps page

If a website has a PR of 7 and I get a backlink on their sitemap page which has a PR of ZERO .. is that useful at all
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Getting all 500 pages indexed

Hi Everyone A site i have build over the last few months has 500 pages. Google has indexed 174 but has stopped indexed more over the last few weeks The content amount is fine per page, a clean wordpress template I do have some good links to the site, but would I need more to have the site completely indexed I will be linkbuilding more anyway but not sure if that will also help index all the site Many
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

New contents or new pages?

newbie here wanna know, it is better to add new contents to an old page or keep adding new pages just from SEO's point of view any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Will Search Engine Penalize for similar pages?

I have just one site for me two work on The site ranks poor on search engines and also has poor PR value and Poor link popularity, Google doesnt shows a single backling for the site. Every page of site is having two copies one with HTM and other with .ASPX eg www[DOT]sitedomain[DOT]com/services[DOT]htm and www[DOT]sitedomain[DOT]com/services[DOT]aspx both pages have similar content but differ slightly in design and aspx version is having an submit form My query is will google or any other search engine penalize the site for duplicate content
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

SEO and web page design

I wanted to put my content into javascript tabs. Will this affect SEO
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Doorway pages

What are doorway pages Should we use doorway pages.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

My homepage is a 302

I just noticed that my root / homepage has a 302 http code ... and other ones .. /home.php and /home.html has a 200 one. ... Is this bad\t Not sure why this was done, but I have a feeling I want it to be the other way around.... huh\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to increase the page ranking?

I am a new bloger and set up a new site for more than 10days, but why i can not find it in all search engine. Anyone has good ideas
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!