Our product pages on Google.

Hi all

We run a site called www . onlyoz . co . uk and we have just hired someone to do the SEO, it has only been a week so aint seen any spike in traffic.

What I wanted to get some understanding of is why our product pages dont show up on Google.

Example. If i searched Ugg mayfaire on google.co.uk this page would come up.
www onlyoz co uk/store/m3-ugg-australia/ugg-boots/

But not this page
www onlyoz co uk/store/p77-ugg-mayfaire/ugg-australia/ugg-mayfaire.cfm

I even searched the exact title header and ugg mayfaire only oz.

The guy doing the SEO said it was because that the whole of the ugg Australia page has =nofollow could this be stopping it He did say it was indexed though.

He is going to explain this to me but be good to get views from several experts so I know that what he is saying is right.

1 last question.

Which would do better in search results

This
www onlyoz co uk/store/m3-ugg-australia/ugg-boots/
Has images and links to the product pages

OR

www onlyoz co uk/store/d24-ugg-australia/

Could this 2nd link not be getting any notice because it doesn't have no direct link from the main page And this is effecting the product pages Because they are linked to this section, the other section is images and placing the links found via www onlyoz co uk/store/d24-ugg-australia/

Sorry for all the questions, just wanted to get more feedback on what we need to do next and any other recommendations to improve traffic.

Thank you all for your time.
Posted On: Tuesday 27th of November 2012 01:01:49 AM Total Views:  230
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Search Engine Optimization PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Page 4 - Please recommend the best resource SEO you always read online

Quote: Originally Posted by wygk Though I think you'll agree that probably the majority are short replies without any real supporting evidence. "The majority"... sound like you mean "alot" as in 50% +1... at least Like what You'd be hard press to find even that minimal majority of questions asked and then answered by insufficient responses. ...adding "I got a -60 penalty what can I do"... is the same as "I got a -50 penalty what can I do"... "I got a -90 penalty what can I do"... "I got a -950 penalty what can I do"... How would you class these I doubt the book covers -penalties for every number.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 22nd November 2012
View Replies!

SEO Target on your Territory and Google.com

Hi SEO Experts, As we understand, different google country domain name, show the SERP differently base on the popularity on that particular country result. How do you doing SEO for target on your preferred territory and also on Google.com For instance, if your client wanted to do SEO to target on their territory example: www.google.com.au and follow by www.google.com. One of the method come to my mine is to host the particular website on that territory server IP address What are the SEO methodology do you adopt Appreciate if you can share you ideas here!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to submit to many resources

I want to submit an article to many resources - pages, and I want t include links to my page in that article where to do that what is the easiest way
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Are "popups" hurting your seo??

anybody here lost ranking after using a dynamic popup/under/ etc - I read this somewhere I dont want to test it myself only to find out its true , The way you do it wont be spammy, its what information your giving to me. Sell me some crap like meds or enlarge my penis then its spammy. But if you really are offering something useful adn relevent to the page then this I wouldn't see as spammy. And thats assuming you make it passed my spam filters and pop up blockers!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Optimizing your youtube videos

My question is how do you optimize your youtube videos so that they show up in the serps. Sometimes when I type a phrase into google, youtube videos show up in the results. Is it just a matter of adding your keywords into the video description Also, is there a way to optimize (seo wise) the video so that it will show up higher on the list, within youtube after searching for a specific subject. Like example: I search for bird tricks inside youtubes search navbar how would I make my video show up within the first few
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 23rd November 2012
View Replies!

How to show search engine our map?

, I have a hotel site, I wanna that when we search hotel than search engine show our hotel location, how to get it. please suggest me, your suggestion would be appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Close your EYES! Yet Another Meta Keyword Question

Hi Guys and Gals I found myself abit confused how to use meta keywords best for your site. After looking over and over some people suggest spaces, some people suggest , some people suggest comas and spaces. I wanna make sure that I have setup my keywords correctly get you the expects to see if theres anything I can improve on. The shop im using is prestashop a example product page looks like. Meta Title: (Product page title; leave blank to use product name) Meta description: High Quality Headphone/Earphone Adapter For Sony Ericsson Mobile Phones Meta keywords: sony, ericcson, phone, 3.5, socket, jack, music, earphones, listen, fm, audio, cable Friendly URL: 5-headphone-earphone-adaptor The keywords i used was a comma followed with a space, Im not sure if this is correct Im also confused if should use keyword sentences like Sony Ericsson mobile phone earphones, fm, cable Anyway.. Ive said enough if you could give me any information regarding this I would be very grateful I know theres lots of guides, and other resources on this website I have looked around Im hopeing that I get someone give me clear indication on the example so I understand better.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Page 2 - Outsource to India ?

Quote: Originally Posted by ROGERKLOTZ if you don't mind me asking, what are the articles for or about Great question! The type of articles/content being produced and their intended audience will make a definite difference in wither it can be outsourced.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Content at Top in ViewSource but will be visible at bottom on Page

Hi , Normally in our site content is at the bottom of the page, so obviously we used to put content at the bottom in source.But we got a request about moving up the content in source HTML but it will be visible at the bottom of the page. My concern is if it will be spammy technique!! as we are showing the content at the bottom of the page but corresponding HTML text is at the top of the source code. Is there any adverse effect from search engines if we do so.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Authentic source of information for SEO process

To be on top in such a high level competition for any E-business requires SEO process. Google itself provides some tips. One should visit google webmaster tools for the same. Apart from that i would like to know about authorised source of information. Can anybody help me out
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

Do use video posting for your web site promotion ..?

Hi This is really tricks where you post some god videos at you tube or any other site and at the end you add or display your site url.So is it good way to promote your site ..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Adobe eSeminar on How to Optimize your PDF files for the Web and SEO

Join the Adobe Acrobat User Community on Wed. August 19, 2009 at 10 am Pacific, to learn how to optimize PDF files for display and distribution on the web, including how to best stucture PDF files for SEO. Not only can you make your PDFs easily viewable by people but you can also ensure that Google, Yahoo, Bing and other search engines index your PDFs, present the search results description intelligently and use the PDF content to enhance your web site search engine rankings. Registration for this 60-min eSeminar with live Q&A is free: see Acrobatuser web site to register. What you will learn:Determine the best way to create a PDF for on-screen viewing and quick downloading using the built in PDF OptimizerCreate and share custom presets designed to balance file size with quality based on the type of file and use casesOptimize your PDF files for optimal indexing by Google, Yahoo and Bing
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

What do you do to keep up on your SEO for you site?

i have followed steps to make my site SEO optimized, but was wondering what does in order to keep up on it. Do you do checks on the SEO weekly monthly ever at all What do you do to maintain
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

10 Tips to Keep Members Glued to Your Site

The more times your customers visit your site, the more time they will have invested in your relationship and the more they will come to trust and rely on you. By building up their loyalty in this way, there is more chance that they will buy from you, follow your advice and buy your affiliate products, or click on ads that you recommend. Put simply, a sticky site equals customer loyalty. Customer loyalty equals revenue. 1. Content - We cant stress the importance of content enough. Keep the content up to date, and time sensitive. Remove out of date content so that it doesnt affect the credibility of your site. 2. Give your site a personality - There is a huge amount of information on the internet, and you can be sure your members could find what you are providing elsewhere. What your members are really paying for is the way you present that information. 3. Remain focused on your niche - Dont forget that your members joined your site because they had an interest in your niche. While it is fine to include content on a slightly different subject if you are sure it will be relevant and interesting. Never lose sight of your original subject. Wander too far off the subject and your may find your customers wandering off your member list. 4. Make information easy to find - Ensure the content on your membership site is organized in such a way that your members will find what they want easily. If your members view your site as a valuable information resource rather than just another website, they will want to us it again and again. 5. Provide what your customers want - Encourage your customers to ask for an article or information on a certain subject if they cant find it. Writing an article specifically for one customer may seem like a lot of work, but if you think long term, that customer may then stay with you for the lifetime of your membership site. 6. Keep in touch with your members - Contacting your members via e-mail is essential to keep them engaged with your site. Send your members updates, informative newsletters, and reminders, and ask them for their feedback. 7. Ask them to take part in surveys - Ask your members to complete a survey about your membership site and then make sure you act on their feedback and let them know you have done so. Send out a special edition of your newsletter showing some of the results of your survey and detailing how you have responded and any changes you have made. Feeling that they have had a hand in shaping your site will really make your members feel engaged in your online community. 8. ow customization of your homepage - Having some functions that your members personalize on your site will really make them feel involved. Even a simple message at the top of the home page saying Welcome back [member name] will have a huge impact on making your members feel valued. 9. Build a sense of community - Being part of an online community is one of the main reasons your members will renew their membership. Here are a few additional tips on creating that sense of community. 10. Promote an active forum - This provides a place for your members to get to know each other and begin to care about each other. Stopping their membership once they have become involved in your forum would be like losing a whole group of friends. Provide a function that allows your members to send private messages between each other. If you run competitions, or encourage your members to submit content, make sure you acknowledge the winners or contributors. Nothing makes a member feel a part of your site like seeing their name in the latest newsletter.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 27th November 2012
View Replies!

A competitor has copied our content, Pls help ...

HI, First of, sorry if I am posting in wrong section .!! One of our competitors has copied our copyrighted content, we have sent them email but they are not responding, Please let me know what should we do now Inform them to Google Inform the hosting company or what
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

101 ways to drive traffic to your website

1. Join MyBlogLog, add and join communities. 2. Sign up for Technorati and ping it when your blog content changes. 3. Use a ping service like pingomatic to ping RSS aggregators. 4. Submit your blog to all of the directories on Robin Goods list of RSS directories. 5. Use trackbacks. 6. Leave comments on blogs in related niches. 7. Tell your friends about your blog and specific posts. 8. Put your blog URL in your forum signatures. 9. Create link bait. 10. Tell Your newsletter subscribers about your blog. 11. Write press releases for your blog. 12. Link liberally to other blogs in your posts (many bloggers check who links to them). 13. Tag your posts using Technorati tags or a tag plug-in. 14. Submit your posts to multiple social bookmarking sites using OnlyWire. 15. Use Stumbleupon to stumble your posts. 16. Answer questions on Yahoo answers with the answers on your blog. 17. Answer questions on forums related to your niche with a link to one of your blog posts that answers the question. 18. Set up a feed on MyYahoo so that Yahoo keeps better track of your blog. 19. Make lists (My Top 5, Ten Things, etc.). Many of the most popular blog posts are lists like this one. 20. Use pictures. Most of the top trafficed blogs use pictures in their posts. 21. Use video on your blog. 22. Find out what people want to learn about in your blogs niche and write about it. 23. Be the first to break a news story. 24. Use keyword research to find good keywords to use in your posts. 25. Write controversial posts. 26. Strongly Agree or strongly disagree with other bloggers and write about it with a link to their post. 27. Make it easy for your readers to sign up for your RSS feed. 28. Make it easy for your readers to Digg your posts. 29. Ask your readers to submit your posts to social bookmarking sites (Digg, Reddit, etc.). 30. Interview well known people in your industry (its working well for me). 31. Give credit to the blogs that inspire your posts. 32. Dont be boring. 33. Write for beginners. 34. Participate in group writing projects. 35. Participate in blog memes. 36. Create a blog meme and tag your friends. 37. Participate in blog carnivals. 38. Post at different times of the day. 39. Submit your best posts to article directories. 40. Write Killer Content. 41. Start a group blog. These tend to get more traffic, because more people are creating conent and more people are promoting it. 42. Have guest posters. 43. Create a blog meme and tag an A-list blogger who you like. 44. Submit your blog to regular web directories (like DMOZ, etc.). 45. Join SpicyPage and promote your blog on it. 46. Join a blog webring. 47. Sign up for BlogWoods and promote your blog on it. 48. Join LinkAndBlog and do link and blog challenges. 49. Submit your best posts to Netscape. 50. Exchange Ads (not blogroll links) with complementary blogs. 51. Trade blog roll links with related blogs. 52. Sign up for Rojo. Subscribe to your feed and click add mojo on your better articles. 53. Add a plug-in to notify users of new comments (I REALLY need to do this). 54. Make it easy for your visitors to submit your post to ALL social bookmarking sites (not just Digg). 55. Add a tell-a-friend script or plug-in to your posts. 56. Make it easy for your visitors to bookmark your page in their browser. 57. Make it easy for people to link to your blog. 58. Use easy to read fonts. 59. Use a professional looking blog design. 60. Make your blog easy to navigate. 61. Highlight your most popular posts. 62. Write posts that ask provocative questions. 63. Use questions for the title of your blog posts (you knew that was coming). 64. Use good keywords in your post titles. 65. Reply to every question you get through email. 66. Reply to every question you get on your blog. 67. E-mail other bloggers about your really good post(s) (breaking news posts). 68. Offer free stuff related to your niche (tools, ebooks, etc). 69. Run a contest. 70. Publish videos on YouTube with the URL for your site at the beginning and end of the video. 71. Install a translation plug-in or use a translation service to translate your blog into foreign languages. 72. Put Your URL on everything that goes out of your house (business cards, stationary, mailing labels, etc.). 73. Go through listible.coms list of web 2.0 sites and promote your blog on all web 2.0 sites that apply. 74. Search for Wikis related to your niche to submit your blog to. For example, for this blog the search phrase would be make money online wiki or internet marketing wiki. 75. Give regular polls (use a poll plug-in like democracy for this). 76. Add trivia quiz pages. 77. Add ecard pages. 78. Add a forum for your visitors to discuss more on your niche. 79. Add a wiki to your blog . 80. Join Hubpages and post links to your blog from articles you write. 81. Join Blink List and make a list of blogs with your blog in it. 82. Join 43 Things and write a list of 43 things you want to achieve (include your blog url in the list). 83. Join Blogger Party (and/or other free blog systems). Then write posts that link back to your blog. 84. Make a Squidoo lens (or more than one) with a link to your blog. 85. Provide Wikipedia articles with links to your blog where it makes sense. 86. Tell people you will link back to them if they review your blog (like John Chow). 87. Join Blog Catalog (kind of like MyBlogLog). 88. Create a MySpace Page. Put your blog on it, and get some friends. 89. Use SEO (Search Engine Optimization). 90. Use good grammar. People will be happy with your writing. 91. Submit your blog to directories in your niche. 92. Email or Instant message your friends to Digg, stumbelupon, etc. your post. 93. Link to your blog from other websites and blogs you own. 94. Write a post about the top x bloggers in your niche or state or country, etc. Then tell them about, so they will want to link back to you. 95. Promote your posts on related newsgroups. 96. Post frequently. 97. Submit your site to free website review sites like coolsiteoftheday. 98. Search for .edu sites with link pages, forums, directories, and wikis to submit your link to. 99. Give out blogging awards and tell the bloggers you are giving the awards to about it. 100. Pray. (Thats just always good advice)... 101. Make a 101 list.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Top 4 ways to Build Links and Backlinks for your Blog

The top 4 ways to Build Links and Backlinks for your Blog 1) Comment on Blogs Visit blogs related to your niche and comment on their blog. Leave you Blog Link at the end of your comment. It will generate BackLinks. 2) Blog Carnivals Submit your articles with a link for your site. It will generate BackLinks for your site. 3) Social Bookmarking This kind of marketing generate BackLinks for your blog and increase your website traffic. 4) Mailing List Actually Mailing List generate Links but not SEO Links, It is called Non SEO BackLinks. but it helps in eMarketing your blog Visit my full post at: ecommercelib.blogspot.com/2009/05/emarketing-for-more-traffic-and-profit.html , I'm new to blogging (just started my blog a little over a week ago) and I don't understand what you said in #2 - Acquire like-minded industries... Also, EcommerceLib said replace this title: data:blog.pageTitle with a long list of code that I can't put here because it's code and I'm not allowed to (it was on his blog). How does this help optimize a blog
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Page 2 - Please recommend the best resource SEO you always read online

the OP wont be back to you fathom on this challenge...I'd bet! and when it comes to books vs current forum knowledge, I've always thought of books as being obsolete soon as they're published, while forums can be updated in seconds. so I too can't agree more! google for forums besides this one and test them too.... :-) Jim PS well done once more fathom!!!!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Top 10 in 48 hours??

I've seen ads that claim they can do this. Does anyone know if this is possible and if so, how, since it can take months in many cases to get listed with the big TIA!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to google update your website regularly?

How to google update your website regularly I feel google is updating the text and link of my site is very slow.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!