Only Getting Google Traffic?

I am only getting traffic from google. This is great, but usually I only get traffic from Yahoo or MSN. Any ideas on why my Confession Site (theconfessionbooth dot com) would be this way

I really want to take advantage of Yahoo and MSN's generocity.
Posted On: Tuesday 27th of November 2012 01:02:17 AM Total Views:  332
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Search Engine Optimization PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

On-page optimisation on page with almost only pictures

Hi all, i am working on a project that is a website where users can post pictures. The picture is the only thing that is inserted in the post (it is a wordpress site). Because of the image content i find it really hard to see what i can do on page to get better results for my keywords. I wanted to give all images alt text and title containing my keywords but i read about 'keyword stuffing' so i guess it is not allowed... Do you have any tips for me I am already busy with link building..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 26th September 2012
View Replies!

Why only Google for SEO?

Many search engines are available in on the web but most of the webmasters are using Google. I want to know that why webmasters are emphasizing on Google for doing SEO and why not other search engines And, how they do SEO effectively only in Google and get the result
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 28th September 2012
View Replies!

Help, my blog posts are naturally only 150 words long.

I have been blogging court decision reversals. The niche is small-ish but the content is quality and informative to those who end up searching for it. Sounds like a good website - but the problem (I think) is that my posts are not long enough. If I go for more than 150 words the content becomes unnatural, off the subject, or even a bit spammy-looking. I have read over and over that Google loves longer pages, especially 300-words plus. Is my site doomed to lesser Google results because of this Should I add lower quality "filler" to double my posts lengths TYVM , your content length should be more than 150. Generally content length doesn't matter but if it is written intentionally for shake of links and regular posting of such content might flag your activities. pick any good answer in this forum people will love to tweet, share or link to that valuable answer so bottom line is quality. Having a long (quality/fresh) content is always like a trump card as you can cover more keywords and more links to your valuable page. make sense
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 8th October 2012
View Replies!

Man...I only just fixed my 301 redirect issue.

I thought I had done this ages ago but I realized I was still having my site appear for www or non-www. I just figured out how to redirect the non-www to the www via .htaccess. Is there anything else I should be doing now What kind of effect is the change likely to have on my site
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

SEO & Member only content

I am creating a directory/review website. If the user generated reviews are member only content (hidden from non-paid users) is it possible for search engine spiders to still pick up all the content within the reviews My original plan was to monetize through business ads/sponsored listings (like yelp.com), but I am now considering a membership site (like angieslist.com) instead. I had assumed that SEO would play a vital role in the site's success and I am worried that a shift in the business model might hurt the exposure of the site. Any thoughts/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Importance of RSS....not getting it

I am still trying to understand the importance of RSS. If you make an RSS feed for every page on your site, doesn't this just duplicate what you already have Note: I am playing the devils advocate here, because people have been asking me to make it so they can have an RSS feed on every page of their link directory. I've done better. I also have an RSS feed on every search results page as well. http://www.phplinkdirectory.com/dem...ex.phpq=google So why am I doing this Why are people asking for this , I see .... that makes a lot of sense, so someone could actually use this feature to create multiple directories (sites) from one master link list. Cool! If anyone wants to see my script, take a look here at all the features: http://www.phplinkdirectory.com/for...wtopic.phpt=66
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Google PR2 and not getting any better.

I've tried everything and read everything and cannot get my PR2 any better. I changed my site and yahoo dropped me. I've looked in SEO and they want thousands. Is there anybody out there not looking to retire off me I just need someone to look at my site and give me advice.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Help optimizing for image only blog

Hi all I'm having some trouble getting my year old blog to show up in Google for certain keywords. One of the challenges for me is my site is predominantly an image blog, or a photo blog for photography, so there is typically little text but lots of images in a post. I post frequently and include my relevant keywords in the alt tags of the images. I also use in one SEO plugin to add additional title and description text as well as tags to each post. I have written articles and have them listed on ehow etc. I also have some link backs (but not that many) from other photographer websites that are relevant to mine (I also comment on a lot of blogs using my keywords). Yet no matter how many times I place my keywords (which are "west palm beach photographer") in each post I am not even showing up in Google (although I am on page 5 for words "west palm beach portrait photographer" and page 3 for "west palm beach family photographer"). So I am not entirely sure whether I am not doing something right in my posts or wordpress blog, or if I just really need to concentrate on getting more and better link backs.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Are nofollow links helpful for getting position ahead in the search results

I have signed up for Google alerts. I get email from google immediately after certain keyword appears on the web; believe me, most of the results are from no-indexed pages and forums with no-follow. so i think this is irrefutable argument that google follows nofollow links; anyway the most important question is : are those links helpful for getting position ahead in the search results or not
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Targetting Traffic

How to minimize the traffic loss after changing the domain name!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 23rd October 2012
View Replies!

Easy way of getting targetted traffic

I've been experimenting with several blog niches for quite a while now and from my experience, the easiest way to get traffic was to help people in fixing their problems. These problems could be computer related, console related, game related, program specific, etc. The best and easy way that I've found to get traffic is solving game-related issues. In example: Google up these keywords: Blackscreen Crash to Desktop Yellow textures installation problems physxloader dll If can' think of a game to search for, here's one Left 4 Dead 2 Crash to Desktop (Left 4 dead 2 is a game that just came out) If you browse the results, you'll note that people (gamers in this case) are actively searching for answers to their problems. What does it mean for your SEO Instead of people visiting your site just once, you'd get traffic that comes back for more! :eek: Want proof Here's one blog that does it right www(dot)gamingnewslink(dot)com www(dot)computelive(dot)com www(dot)ehow(dot)com ok. Ehow and computelive are more of a general help and fix everything site but it proves that it works right Check their Keywords and site rankings
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 10th November 2012
View Replies!

Page 2 - Any new technique to getting SE ranking fast.

I would not listen too closely to the prior posters. They just don't know where to turn for help with the impossible. If I want something that seems impossible I turn to the only assistance that can help: 812-473-7729. It is free and it works every time.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Factors- Targetting Right Keywords

From SEO Point of view, what are the factors(in addition to given below)that should be kept in mind for targetting the Right keywords 1. Searches for the keyword. 2. Competiting Websites/Pages 3. Keyword Rank(Position where ur WebSite stands in SERPs for a keyword) Is it necessary to use Adwords(CTR,CPC) for the same Or Can we target right keywords without using the Adwords
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Why only

I have read that Serach Engine generally figures h1 ,h2 & h3 tags .But in Html till h6 tags are available. SO my question is why not to use other tags as wellis is like other tags doesnot help ranking
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Does anyone else seem to be having problems getting blogger blogs index lately?

I swear I've done everything under the sun and my sites are still not being indexed...does anyone know if Blogger is needing to be tweaked before they are published to speed up the process
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

Optimizing using only ftp access

hi there, was wondering if you have heard of this im new to all this ,i have a test site im allowed to practise on ,but it is on shared hosting and i can only have ftp access to add links and optimize pages etc how difficult is this is it possible i have only knowlegde of doing this via a backend system let me know your thoughts and how difficult is this going to be for a newbie
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Any new technique to getting SE ranking fast.

Can anyone tell me What SEO technique i should apply to get good search engine result soon for competitive keywords.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Points to consider when getting a website re-design?

Hi , If i am going to completely re-design a massive website which currently has decent rankings on search engines, what are some of the things i should keep in mind The website has over 500,000 indexed pages in Google and I want to make the transition process as smooth as possible. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions (or even examples) of big websites which have been re-designed and what things should be considered that would be fantastic.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

SEO and getting traffic to website

are they different or they same I'm completely new to this web world trying get into it. I've my social networking site coming soon just want to know how to get many members for it. So i'm thinkign similar to myspace, facebook, mybuddiez, hi5 etc. Someone said i need to submit my website address to search engines. How do i do that how many search engines we have once i submit to search engines where should i start. I dont have too much to spend on this. So what alternatives i have regarding this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

Multi domains, same site, targetting multi-territories

I am launching a new website in multiple languages targeting lots of countries. I want to do the following: .com target USA .co.uk target UK .ie target Ireland .es target Spain .sk target Sweden The websites will be very similar, if not identical apart from flags and languages. Uk and USA will be the same apart from flags and a small amount of text. sites will be hosted on the same server based in the UK. How can I ensure that each site targets the appropriate country Does anyone have any tips or experience attempting to do this Dan
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 27th November 2012
View Replies!