New Link Building Strategies

Any New link building strategies that webmasters follow
Posted On: Tuesday 27th of November 2012 12:58:41 AM Total Views:  78
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Search Engine Optimization PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

I'm new at this and have a quick question.

So I am working on optimizing a site for a friend. I have gone through all the title tags, keyword tags and description tags on this site and redone them all. We use GoDaddy and they have a search engine visibility scanner that will scan all your pages and let you know where there are problems. The pages that keep popping up are all from a photo gallery where the programmer used php to create a gallery. How can I optimize these I'm not sure how to open all these since they are not actually pages but pictures. Do I just change the picture names I also included these in a robots.txt file not to be crawled and their thing still crawled it anyways. I know this is alot.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 22nd November 2012
View Replies!

New contents or new pages?

newbie here wanna know, it is better to add new contents to an old page or keep adding new pages just from SEO's point of view any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to utilize SEO benefits a new domain can bring to the old one?

I registered nvosrbija.com domain for my nonprofit organization and redirected it (301) to the organization's main parlament.org.rs domain which is not even a national TLD, but I don't want to part, not just yet, with key words this domain is generating. The new one didn't get indexed before I redirected it. I don't know if that is possible now, after 301 since there is no independent web page on it. I suppose not. My question are: 1. Can there be any benefits, coming from the new domain, for the old domain in terms of old domain's better placement in search engines when key word derived from new domain name are used Permanently redirected new domain that is. A lot of people are talking about migration from old to new domain but I didn't find anything on this direction. 2. If I move from old domain to the new one (301), is it possible to keep SEO benefits of the old domain and build it up on the ones from the new domain In terms "parlament" word (parliament in English) missing from the name of the new domain.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Help for a newbe pls

. I am new to the SEO world and trying to do some improvements my site. I gleaned some useful comments and suggestions from reading posts and articles here. I got my site reviewed at sitening.com. Some comments i didnt understand, perhaps someone can take a quick look at help me with that I use Godaddy's WebsiteTonight web template. The site in question is: playgameswincash.com Comment A: "Your Web design doesn't contain any header elements (i.e. , , etc...)." How can i add headers manually (bear in mind, i have no html programming experience). Comment B: "We found 4 instances where your Web page is using obsolete or deprecated HTML script language a target font u " Any idea what this refers to Comment C: "Your Web page doesn't appear to be using the rel="nofollow" anchor attribute" Any idea what this refers to Or how to change it in WebsiteTonight PS - i did email godaddy's support but their response was not very helpful. Other question: Does anyone one know how to incorporate an XML feed into a site such that data will come out nice I used feedwind with an rss feed and it gives nice output, but i was not able to find something similar fo xml feed. Any comments and suggestions on any of the above will be greatly appriciated. Also, if you would like to exchange links, please let me know. Kind regards and
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Need Seo help for my new site!

Hi Friends, I need help for my new site. My url is toolpets.com . This site designed with full of images. In that images it have the contents. Can anybody tell me, whether SEO is possible for this site. Pls suggest some on page suggestions for this site urgent.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Moving entire site to a new URL?

, I recently lost a site due a hardware failure with still over 200.000 pages indexed by the search engines. Since I have to startover the entire site from 0, I'm starting on a new and better domain name. The old domain is 4 years old and does have alot of indexed pages, so I'm guessing it has some value for google, and I don't want all these rankings to go to waste. My question is, what would be best to do with the pages from the old domain (which are currently 404), from an SEO perspective A simple 301 redirect for every page, to the home of the new URL Or what would be the most appropriate solution
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Have a new web site in .asp how do I SEO

I am brand new to ecommerce and have just opened my first web site. The web design company have written my site in .asp and all the pages are linked together, so they do not have individual titles. Can the site still be SEO'd and how do I go about finding a company that has experience in doing it The SEO company I was talking to has recommended redoing the set up of the entire site to make it easier to SEO. Is this right As I do not want to spend out again as I have just paid for the web site. Can anyone give advice Many
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Moving site to new host/ changing platform, URLs

Could someone help me out with this issue We are rebuilding our site (www.concertpromoters.com). The new site is on a staging server in development (http://concertpromoters.kieva.com). The new site will be hosted on the same domain but simply moved to a new IP address, hosting company. We currently rank well for our deed keywords (concert promotion, concert promoter, become a concert promoter,...) The developer is considering moving to a linux environment and have the pages hosted as simple html pages. By using paypal for the shopping cart, we have eliminated the need for using the dynamic .asp code from before. The developer would like to restructure the directory structure so that the URLs will be different, with all the pages being at the root level and no file extensions. Example: before: www.concertpromoters.com/html/concert-promoter-courses.asp Proposed: www.concertpromoters.com/concert-promoter-courses/ before: www.concertpromoters.com/html/become-a-concert-promoter.asp Proposed: www.concertpromoters.com/become-a-concert-promoter/ We have a couple hundred links coming in to various pages, but most are to the home page. My questions are this: (1) Will we lose any page ranking on any of our pages because of any of the changes suggested above (2) is there some need to do a 301 redirect for the old page file names to redirect to the new file names (3) if we do need to do the redirect, how do we do that on the new server or the old one If it is hosted on linux what is the config file we change any help on that
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Help with new website?

! I'm trying to get in to the SEO game more by making some money-making websites. I haven't been doing it that properly and I know somewhat about SEO. I just want to start out with some Google Adsense niche websites and so far I have a few keyword-name domains. I have a few questions though... 1. When I look for a Adsense website to build, should it be a static site or a blog I only really know how to build blogs, but I will build static if need be. 2. If using only Googles keyword tool, what amount of traffic should i be looking for at the website I have one site that should get 4-5k hits a month and another (if all done right) should get 90,000 hits a month (according to Google). 3. I want to host with Hostgator, but they don't allow banner ads. Which host would any of you recommend 4. My new website that should get the 4-5k hits a month, hasn't been indexed yet. It is less then a week old, but how long does it normally take to get indexed in Google I submitted my site when it had one post and the sitemap, but it said it wasn't indexed. I changed a few things and I thought it might be the content. The posts are about 200-250 words and might have too many keywords (this is my second serious blog attempt). 5. Can anyone please link me to a very informative guide to SEO that doesn't involve link strategies (some guides are somewhat introductory and look like blog posts which I'm tired of) I'm turned off by the idea of getting a ton of backlinks and I want to do search engine results only. I might do it at another date though. But if I'm wrong, convince me otherwise I want to get one blog/site right before I move on to the next one. Thank you for reading and any information you can provide.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 23rd November 2012
View Replies!

How to optimize my new sites?

I had many travel sites relating to international and indian flights. How will I optimize my sites when i will do seo for my sites.What steps i have to follow by which i can increase my backlins and also ranking in google search engine.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Do zone files play their part in passing authority to new site?

I heard a speaker at a recent SEO conference talk about passing link auhority from an old site to a new one, without Google detecting a change of ownership. He didn't go into too much detail, but basically suggested that Google cannot access certain zone files, so detecting a change of ownership of that domain is impossible for them. Has anyone come across this before and if so, is there any truth in it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

301 Redirect a directory to a new site

I've got two domains (little-persia.com and love-rugs.com) little-persia.com is an up and running site and love-rugs I'm in the process of making. love-rugs is on a directory in the little-persia root directory as it is shared hosting. How do I 301 redirect /love-rugs to www.love-rugs.com I've tried Redirect PERMANENT /love-rugs/ http://www.love-rugs.com but it didn't do anything. I've currently got: Quote: AddType x-mapp-php5 .php AddHandler x-mapp-php5 .php RewriteEngine On RewriteBase / RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.little-persia\.com [NC] RewriteRule ^(.*) http://www.little-persia.com/$1 [L,R=301] In the .htaccess if that helps with the proper code
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How do I improve news article for SEO?

, this is my first post Last night I have improved my news article. Each news article now have keywords (title) in the URL. News article URL are like this for example: /news/067/title-of-the-article Hopefully that would improve the ranking. I have been wondering about 'meta keyword' and 'meta description'. They are are the same in every page (global). Should 'meta keyword' and 'meta description' be different for each article What about including "Related News External Links" for each article.. would that improve the ranking Any other suggestion in regarding news article Thank you
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

H1 for newbie

hi I'm using a swf file for my title, http://www.free-online-games-player.co.uk and am getting conflicting advice on the H1 tag, so far I think the best advice has been to use the following h1 {display: none;} free online games player I would love your opinions on wether this is good or bad.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Using 301 redirect for new domain

I just acquired a new domain that contains the precise search terms that I am competing for... much more relevant than my existing domain's component words. Now, to use the new domain, I think the the most effective option is for me to back up my site, rehost on the new domain, and do a wildcard 301 redirect from the old domain to the new. However, I'm curious. What if instead I do a 301 redirect from the new domain to the old, and then start building up links to the new domain I know it's usually done the other way around, but how will Google and other search engines view that Will my old domain start appearing more relevant for my search terms
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

Help with new seo

Hi all, I am new to SEO so I've come to ask for your professional advice. I am currently putting a website together for a friend which is hoping to boost their online market. The website I have done is powered by Joomla and is using the seo option to change the urls to look like html pages instead of 1 php script. Firstly I would like to know which is better to use... 1. Domain.com/electrical-training.html 2. Domain.com/electrical-training 3. Domain.com/courses/electrical-training.html Also does it matter whether I use - or _ Secondly, if the company provides electrical training in several areas, do i add a page for each town. Eg, Electrical Training In Paris, Electrical Training In London, etc... Would i then put the sub-areas as text within these areas Finally, can someone explain briefly how landing pages work and should I be using them
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Old domain pointed to new site

i using 1 old domain and 301 redirect to new site domain, is it considered fraud will SE penalize my other new site domain
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Redirecting old to new ?

i want to make static version of my dynamic website. Is it possible to redirect all the individual pages on respective static web page through 301 from seo point of view. like mydoamain.com/fsdfasf=1241/%20 to mydomain.com/services.html and so on Please guide
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Merits of sub domain v new folder

Ignoring Exact Match Domains and assuming all other seo optimization factors are equal does anyone have evidence as to which format the search engines will rank best from an onsite seo point. Is a sub domain best, for example product.domain or is a page/folder best, for example domain/product or does it not make any difference which I use
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 27th November 2012
View Replies!

Can't get site into S.E.R.P. - Not a newbie problem

Hi I'm new here, but I'm not new at seo. I been doing quite well until I had to fix this mayor pain in the a** problem. Here we go: A friend of mine decided to buy some old website and move it to his host and while doing this, he also switched from some custom cms to wordpress cms (it's simple 6 page business page, just basic stuff and yes, urls are same as before and 301 is also fixed). I helped him with setting everything on localhost (xampp), so that we had everythig set up for the move. He decided to move domain to new registrar. While moving domain, he already sign in new nameservers (the deal was that we will set up whole site at new host before before changing nameserver, but he is new to this and he forgot it). The next morning domain was pointing at new host where you could see brand new instalation of wp and nothing else, but that's ok. The weird thing is that site disappeared from google index the same night domain transfer was going on and now we can't get it back. We fix the site the same day and we thought everything will be ok when google comes back to visit. But no. We listed site into google webmaster tools and hook up analytics. Traffic is comming, but just not from google (site if fully indexable). Webmaster doesn't show any errors and even says that site was indexed. I went trou whole gwt to see if tool reports any error or anything else that could prevent site from showing in serp, but nothing comes up. GWT say everything is ok. It even says site was indexed today. But site is still not showing up. Yes, I tried with site:minesite.com, but no resoults. Now,a month and half went bye and we still can't make this work. I never had this problem before. Not even close to this. Of course I tried to ping the site, bookmarked, twitted, I even build about 10 different articles over my own high quality support blog network, but nothing happens. What could be wrong I'm totally out of ideas.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 27th November 2012
View Replies!