Need Help. My entry in SEO contest was de-indexed

I joined in SEO contest, my entry was on the top [#1] for such keyword. Then suddenly it was gone. I cannot even see it in top 100.

When I do some research I found out that the probable cause of it is having many title keyword in the article- I guess it was repeated 6 times.

My questions are:

I already updated my article I only used it twice. Is this okay

Do you think my entry can go back on the top

Is "Request reconsideration" in google webmaster is effective way to gain back my ranking

What should I do Do I need to create another for the contest

If I will create other entry- and I was planning to do 301 redirect to my new entry. Do you think it is a good idea
Posted On: Tuesday 27th of November 2012 01:01:40 AM Total Views:  244
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Search Engine Optimization PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Probably a stupid question about 301 redirects, but need clarification

When using 301 redirect to move a domain (redirect from the old domain to the new domain), both domains need to be hosted, is that right I know that the .htaccess file is set up on the old domain site, but is it permanently
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

How to redirect a major ecommerce site? Help needed!

to all! The mother company of a large ecommerce site wants to stop the operations on that site and redirect all traffic to another ecommerce site they own. What is the best way to redirect a major ecommerce site (SITE A) (Google PR 5, 1000 visitors a day, 40,000$ sales monthly) to a different ecommerce site with a different URL (SITE B). Here are my propositions, which is the best Would you have a better solution 1. We can simply 301 redirect the entire site (SITE A) to transfer the Google PR onto the new URL (SITE B). internal links of SITE A pointing to one URL on SITE B. On the landing page (SITE B), there will be a message explaining why the user has been redirected to this new site. This is necessary so the user feels compelled to continue shopping with the new site. 2. We could 301 redirect all internal links of SITE A onto it's own domain homepage. On this domain homepage, we would have our text explaining the redirection AND ALSO, we would have SITE B categories linking to each category on SITE B. These text links would send excellent PR to each corresponding categories with very targetted keywords. Thank you for your help, Alex
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Moving website advice needed

I need to permanently redirect my company domain to another domain without getting any of the 2 domains penalized, get any bad rankings or anything bad happen to them from search engines due to the redirection method I will follow So can someone please advice me with the best redirecting method I should follow here
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

What are the basic SEO strategies that need to follow to get the traffic to my site

i want to know the basic SEO strategies to get the traffic to my site
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

I need some advice please

, I run an affiliate website and managed to rank on first page in bing and google for a very competitive keyword. I have one major problem. The whole website is a javascript that get updated from my affiliate provider. Search engines cant read any content on the website and all the different categories show the same title tag and metta tags. I want to switch the template and ad a script that allows me to write different title tags and metta description for every category. Also this way search engine spyders will be able to read all the content. My question is : How will search engines react to such a sudden change on my website. The website will go from 1 page with no content to 40 pages with a lot of content in an instant. Thank you all in advance. I am very happy to find this forum. Lots of useful information here.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Search engine DE-Optimization needed

I have bad publicity and google has almost put it up sooo high in ranking. Anyone know how to push it down a little. They haven't optimized whatsoever. I know how to optimize. But ow to un/de optimized\t PLEASE HELP!!!!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Guys.. I need your help? pls help me by reading the message

Hi when i have started SEO of a website i forgot to check the page rank of the website.. Now client is asking wats was my last page rank\t\t How would i tell him that whats his page rank 2 months back as i duno.. Pls help me out.. I just have 1 day to answer him.....pls have me some tool where i can see old page rank data...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Page 2 - HELP!!! Contractor needs traffic!

Quote: Originally Posted by fathom A sure bet is... risk as much as you can afford without making a dime. OR If you're a contractor find an SEO that needs renovations done on their house and barter. Now that...is a good idea! I don't think there are that many in my area, though. Probably even less when you consider they would have to be home owners.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 22nd November 2012
View Replies!

Why big guys dont need SEO

One thing that bothers me is why all the biggest online brands in the world (like ebay, yahoo, amazon, discovery, microsoft, myspace, facebook, orkut etc) have never used/using SEO and r still getting millions and millions of visitors every day. Even google itself has never used SEO to promote itself or any of its product. Now let me rephrase what i asked. Why there is not a single brand in the world which has enormous online presence on the basis of its strong SEO campaigns in the past or present. Doesn't it make SEO so weak and small esp in comparison to Social Media Marketing and traditional offline campaigns. Do you think a company like 'nokia' will ever need 2 run SEO campaigns to promote its cell phones Doesnt it make sense to concentrate more on 'Social media marketing' and other forms of promotion rather than SEO.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Small doubt, need help

I have a small doubt, I hope you will help. I am building profile links in various forums but there are some forums which require logging in to see the profile. If those profile links which need logging in to see are indexed by google or not. I f they have any SEO value.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Urgently need huge list of cgi classfied sites

i need huge list of classified sites list which is at least 500 from pr 1 to pr 5
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Enter niche or not? need advice

So i have been doing my research, my main keyword has 50,000 searches per month with SERP 1-5 pr3 pr3 pr3 pr2 pr2 pr5 inanchor url title results are 1,220 site1 has 34 backlinks by alexa and 416 by yahoo site explore site2 has 81 backlinks by a and 3,418 by yahoo site explorer and my secondary kw has 4,500 searches /mo serp 1-5 pr3 pr2 url contains kw and pr3 pr2 intitleinurlinanchor is 5, although it was 218 yesterday is this the type of niche i can enter what type of seo work will be needed if someone could estimate what kind of budget will be required to attain a #1 in the serps here
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Pharmacy site need help!thanks

Dear ,we are new pharmacy site from europe and we need some help how to get more traffic,all say its real hard for pharmacy seo,can anybody help or suggest we are www.pharma-eu.info if link not allowed,please delete link admin-mods please suggest what is ok and what is wrong on site
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Help need about Full SEO

I am very poor about SEO i have no idea at all what are the tools and how does it work can some body please teach me what is SEO, backlinks, how to get Pagerank,how to drive good traffic to my site, i have a site but don't have traffic , if busy at least provide some good Links which will gives step by step. i can't spend soo much money on SEO's Please somebody help me about this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Latent Symantic Indexing; What you need to know

Google has developed a new algorythym to interpret site and article content to determine if it has been naturally written or has been loaded with keywords. If you have like most of us been writting content loaded with keywords for optimization your ranking could start to go down with time. To keep your ranking and even improve it you should start writting content for your site that is naturally written and not loaded with keywords. Because most SEO Companies and website owners do not know about this yet, you are able to gain an advantage in your SEO Campaign and get out ahead of the curve. Just thought you all would like to know... Please leave feedback for this post.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 23rd November 2012
View Replies!

New to SEO - need some advice...

Hi As the title suggests, I am very new to SEO. I have tried very hard with what I have done so far however I can't find it in Google Is this because my SEO skills aren't great or is Google not picking up on it yet As I am a new user I cannot post a URL it seems so please send me a private message and I will give you the URL. It has been online for just under a week now. Please excuse the design, I have been concentrating on functionality above all else! I will appreciate any help given. Many
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 27th November 2012
View Replies!

Pay per clicking - no need to SEO?

Something I thought of: Pay per clicking means no reason to do SEO Me: I would do both For a client though: why should they buy the services of an SEO expert SEO expert = money Pay per click = money also - but you only pay in small amounts and you pay as you go So, why would a client need to get an SEO expert OK, the only thing I can see is: stop Pay per click and *instantly* your traffic also stops Whereas with SEO, this won't happen BUT: if SEO rules change on the other hand - you need to have your SEO expert to change your website to get you to the top again - again, you need to spend more money! AND, with SEO, in the beginning, you don't see your results until 2/3 months SEO: ain't cheap! How does it compare against the costs of Pay per click - I can't really comment So, can someone tell me what compelling reasons there are that a client SHOULD still get SEO done
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Solid advice re: a redirect needed - can anyone help?

Hi , Sorry for the length of this post, but I've struggled to understand this for some time and really need to get my 'spare domain' problem sorted. I use a 1and1 MS hosting package - our site is written in ASP. Multiple domains can be managed within the one hosting package - 1and1's control panel allows me to select which folder on the webspace each domain needs to point to. I have around 20 (of our) keyword-rich domains that I secured a while back to keep out of the hands of our competitors, but as our own branded domain is doing well, I don't plan to use any of these. I therefore think my options are to either: A) Point each spare domain to a corresponding folder on our webspace which simply contains a holding page (i.e. Domain owned by XYZ Ltd). or B) 301 redirect these spare domains to our main site. Unfortunately 1and1's control panel only provides an option to '302 redirect' one domain to another, but I can 'point' each domain that I want to permanently redirect to a folder on the webspace containing a 301 redirect ASP script. I'm not sure what option is best ... presumably if I use option A, these holding pages may be indexed, causing Google to throw-up a host of confusing search results if anyone Googles our Company name I guess I could use a 'Robots no-follow' within each page If I use option B, presumably the 301 redirect file could be indexed giving a similar problem I'm starting to confuse myself now! Can anyone give me a definite answer as to what I should do to tidy up my webspace whilst at the same time remaining 'Google-friendly'
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Page 2 - First Website I ever designed but need help with Seo?

Well taking your advice I added a blog on my site small but it is something. I changed my href title tags. And then went through my home page and revamped it a little bit to get some more keywords ect. so this is where I am at so far. Still don't have any decent backlinks though.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

I need One way links for my website (Paid)

everybody, EDIT: We do not support requests for link sales in the forum.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!