Lots of unused domains - make them all point to my main domain?

I work for a company in which the management could never refuse those emails that state 'you do not own prizewidgetbuyer.tv! buy it before someone else does('nt)'.

So we have amassed quite a few domain names all named similarly to our company name. I do have plans to use them down the line, since if the content is different enough they can count for the sake of SEO. In the mean time he wants to get them all to point to the main site. But is there any point doing this

If I have them all pointing to my main domain then there is minimal/no seo benefit () yet I am making it obvious to google that these are my websites which could affect me when I try to change them into pretend 3rd party sites later on.
Posted On: Tuesday 27th of November 2012 01:01:43 AM Total Views:  181
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Search Engine Optimization PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Handling lots of site

Hi! ! could you give me advice which is better in doing on and off optimization for many sites I'm wondering if I can seo them everyday. I mean all of the site to be seo everyday. Question is, Is it bad or I would make schedule every site but I want them to have equal seo so that I can monitor them easily. Whats your though of this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

Blog - Best ways to send lots of new traffic to it

hey, james here... i've been running a small blog now for a little over a year, and just recently after reading alot on some of these different forums ive started trying to monetize my blog with adsense and am looking to find different easy ways to send lots of new traffic. So far since i started ive just been dropping alot of links in comments i post on others blogs.. and doing social bookmarking which is where most of my traffic comes from using the automated software from.. bmdemon.pcti-system. com .. which im sure most of you are probably using also. But I was jus curious, as im still fairly new to this, what are some other easy effective ways i could drive alot of new traffic to my blog And furthermore, for those other methods for traffic are you aware of any effective software like bm demon that will automate those methods for me that isnt going to cost me much\t As I work 40 hours a week and often find myself with very limited time to work on this project... Any advice / comments / suggestions would be very appreciated!!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 10th November 2012
View Replies!

Search Results and Subdomains - Please Advise

Thanks in advance! My site is financial-projections dot com I have a website that I built a year ago and I think I made a mistake using subdomains. I do not have many pages on my site but I split the 6 or so main pages into subdomains. For example I have tools.mypage, research.mypage, product1.mypage, product2.mypage. Some of my subdomains only have 1-5 pages under them. After reading I find that search engines treat each one of my subdoamins as a separate page. My goal is not to have the top 10 results but to even have 1 result in the top 10. It has been a year and I still do not show up on Google anywhere for most of my keywords. But I show up on the first page of Bing and Yahoo. 1. Have I hurt my chances of showing up in search results If so how bad 2. Should I make all my subdomains like normal folders mypage dot com/tools How would I do this and not lose the links I already created to the subdomains 3. Is there an easy way to make the subdomains work Any advice is appreciated
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

Any value in pointing similar domains to one site?

Hi , Is there any value in having similar domains pointing to the one site Say for example you had a site called music_videos.com and you also have the domain music_dvds.com . And you knew that people were searching using the words "music" "dvds". Is there any SEO benefit in simply pointing the music_dvds.com domain to the music_videos.com site (incidentally I don't have these domains, I'm just using them as an example)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Multiple Company domains vs Wordpress or Blogspot.

So I have a domain for my company that does very well, let's say it's xyz.com I want to dominate the first 5 or so results, by creating content from my company on other sites. What I'm thinking to do is have other domains with xyz in it... like this: xyzcompanyblog.com xyzfashionblog.com xyzhealthblog.com Each blog would be unique in it's content, but they would be obviously owned by xyz company. Is this a good strategy Alternatively, I could have the following domains on wordpress and blogspot. xyz.wordpress.com, xyz.blogspot.com... Which would you recommend and why
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Subdomains and SEO

A little background: The company I work for sells various products of ours through our dealers. We provide our dealers with a subdomain as their own website to sell the products from. The dealers have access to edit their own site domain. Can we do SEO work for these subdomains Will any SEO work for the subdomains hurt our .com site Any advise would help. Thank you, Suni
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 22nd November 2012
View Replies!

Subdomains vs. Individual domains

I currently have 11 domain names - all differnet subjects, from forex to snoring, working on adsense revenue and clickbank affiliates. they are all currently hosted under one account - the FREEFOREXSUCCESSPLANS.com account is a delux GoDaddy account and has room for everything (all the other domains) and it is considerably cheaper to host it this way. but now I am wondering is it hurting my page ranks. does it matter to the search engines that they are all subdomains of freeforexsuccessplans am I being penny wise but pound foolish here I would love some input on this.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Subdomains and SEO - removing www, will it hurt rank?

I have a domain that ranks fairly good. The problem is that both www. domain.com and domain.com leads to the same site (without redirect). I'm making a new website, and obviously i want to get rid of the stupid www. sub domain. The problem is that I fear that this subdomain may be important to the domain rank Can someone give some advice on this Is it possible that search engines ignores the subdomain since it sees that the site is the same
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to remove canonical domains if my website is hosted on windows server?

Friends, I have a website and it is hosted on windows server. I have try many things but I could redirect my default.aspx page to my main domain. I know about 301 redirects for Apache server as well as Linux hosting. But I find the same thing difficult in windows hosting. According to the SEO concept the website shouldn't have canonical domains. So I want to redirect all my canonical domains to one domain. So if any one could guide me in this process then it will be a great help!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Website and online store as two seperate domains - benefits/costs?

I have a green building and home store at newliving.net. I am trying to set up a online store, but having problems doing it with my current host. I can create a new domain, newlivingstore.com and host the store there. Then I have a product page from newliving.net redirect to newlivingstore.com. My question is this. Does this hurt my seo Will newliving.net not recieve the hits/benefit the same as if the store was part of the newliving site itself
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Sub-domains or all under one domain

Hi I have three differant websites at the moment. 1)Web design 2)Hosting 3)E-mail marketing They each have their own domains, but I was thinking of joining all of them and creating just one website. Surely this would help their SEO more as there would be more relevant keywords. But if I joined them under one website, would the site benefit more if the three categories fell under sub-domains Hope this makes sense Cheers Donovan
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Which of these domains has the best SEO?

Which of these domains, have more or less SEO (if any) than the others: http://hockey . e x a m p l e . com http://www . e x a m p l e . com/hockey http://www . e x a m p l e . com/hockey.html Even if one has a fraction, of a fraction, if a fraction more weight/pr can you please let me know which is the best, and if possible, why. PS Disregard the spaces in the domain examples, and sorry if i'm breaking forum rules using a domain - I don't know any other way to post this question. , Judging from my wordpress blog structure in which my tags and categories (set up: http://www.my domain.com/category) get the highest SERP placements. I guess, the less unwanted words (like html) in the url, the better. But, like djstreet says, focus on inbound links more.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Geo domains

Hi all i know very little about seo but have a question. If I own for example .xxxxxx.co.uk and then purchased .xxxxxxlondon.co.uk and .xxxxxxleeds.co.uk and the latter 2 were directed to .xxxxxx.co.uk would i get penalised or would it bennifit me.Sorry for stupid question but i have no idea.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to use my keyword rich domains?

I have been searching for an answer for my domain "problem" for a long time with no definitive solution. Let me explain... My company has been on a market for 3 years with poor website for products based on new technology and huge market potential. Most of our customers came thru our website but i was not happy at all with the results. Our website is at companyname.fi domain. Then i started to rebuild & SEO our website and it is about to be finished soon. I then discovered that we are not going to rank on top with our most deed keywords because they are just too common, but luckily i got my hands on new domain names which are like bestkeyword.fi and goodkeyword.com. Think of it like we would be selling shoes and the domains were shoes.fi and comfortableshoes.com What is the value of keyword rich domain for me and what would be the best way to benefit from my new domains Building three websites is not an option at the moment. , I am aware that domain including a keyword does nothing or very little extra, but what if the domain is EXACT match to keyword or keyphrase our extra .fi domain ranks on 1st page in google with given keyword, even only content is offline notification. If domain does not matter, it should not display this kind of results. Search engines should display results relevant to search terms, so is google displaying my domain because the only information they got is domain name which is 100% relevant to search so the information offered by site is 100% relevant too What happens when i add content there Relevancy of offered information decreases, but still the domain is 100% match to search and i could think that site having a matching domain could have very relevant content... If exact keyword domain is useless for SEO, i will stick with my current one and leave the others to be used for marketing campaigns.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 23rd November 2012
View Replies!

Similar products and content on multiple domains/sites - same IP

Everyone, I run an ecommerce website with a PR 3 that is well established for over 4 years. Of late there has been tough competition in the business and I now want to create a new site running on the same IP that uses different CSS files according to the domain requested to render the site. So I will have index.html which when called from (site1 dot com) will look different and when called from (site 2 dot com) look different. sites will sell the same products. I plan on eventually creating 10s if not a 100 sites like this. Will doing this affect my already established PR3 website considering that almost all the products will be the same and the sites are running on the same server with the same IP. I will not link between these sites nor will I link to an external site.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 23rd November 2012
View Replies!

Subdomains v Dedicated Domains

I have a client who is switching his company's websites over to me and as part of that, the topic of SEO has come up - he's very, very keen to get his sites ranking higher up in Google. His company has a brand website and under that brand is several 'big' products. Currently, the individual websites are hosted on subdomains - product.company.com - and as we're changing a few things, I'm wondering what the best choice is for domains for the individual product sites. I've had a read of some articles which seem to suggest dedicated domains would be best, I'm thinking it would be too but I'm not all that experienced with SEO. Would it be worth changing to dedicated domains Or even folders One of the cons I keep reading about is the extra time it takes to look after a dedicated site - that doesn't matter to me or the client. It's all about getting as high up as possible. I did do a quick search but the most relevant threads all seemed a bit out-dated. Any thoughts/links etc would be welcome.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

Holding / Parking pages for spare domains

Hi , The domain name of our website is our brand name. It's not keyword specific, but it does very well in terms of SEO for our chosen keywords. A couple of years ago we bought around 20 keyword-rich domains with the idea of using them as link-through pages to our main site, but decided not to implement this after reading that Google may penalise the ranking of our main site for doing so. We therefore have a number of domains that we don't necessarily need, but are reluctant to let go as their keyword 'richness' could work against us if they were to end up in the hands of one of our competitors. I'd like to point each domain at a single holding page that simply displayed our brand logo, but don't want to do anything that could be detrimental to the ranking of our main domain. On the other hand, perhaps they could be used to enhance the ranking of our main site ... I'm not sure. Should I include our main brand name in the title of these holding pages Should I include a link to our main site Should I include any text within these holding pages, or just embed any text needed within the logo image to stop the robots reading it Should I stop the robots indexing these holding pages by using a noindex line Any advice on parking these domains under the banner of our ownership would be appreciated!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Multiple domains pointing to one site | good or bad?

a client of mine mentioned to me that she heard from someone that it would hurt a site's Google rankings, or other SE's, by having mulitple domains forwarded to the single site; i've never heard of such a thing, and in fact told her that that is done quite often - anyone have the scoop on this fact/fallacy
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

SEO and subdomains?

Note: using pipes as dots below (because I'm a new user won't let me use URLS) If my site is (www|mysite|com) and I have a wordpress blog mapped as (blog|mysite|com) is that good or bad for SEO Or doesn't it matter.... I would imagine it's better than mysite|wordpress|com - correct Google used to consider subdomains as a separate site - but I was under the impression Google had changed this, based on articles I've read online. Looks like Google now considers subdomain links as internal links now... My main problem is, my client's site is built on classic ASP technology, and wants a Wordpress blog added, which is PHP technology. I thought the easiest way to do this, and the most inexpensive, would be to use the Wordpress domain mapping where I just add a CNAME record to my host account (blog|mysite|com) and point it to mysite|wordpress|com - this would be a whole lot easier and faster than changing hosts and changing technology at this point (especially consider the site needs to go live in short order). But I don't want this to be bad for his SEO. And suggestions appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 27th November 2012
View Replies!

Multi domains, same site, targetting multi-territories

I am launching a new website in multiple languages targeting lots of countries. I want to do the following: .com target USA .co.uk target UK .ie target Ireland .es target Spain .sk target Sweden The websites will be very similar, if not identical apart from flags and languages. Uk and USA will be the same apart from flags and a small amount of text. sites will be hosted on the same server based in the UK. How can I ensure that each site targets the appropriate country Does anyone have any tips or experience attempting to do this Dan
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 27th November 2012
View Replies!