Links and SEO

Links and Search Engine Optimization

Without links, we would not have the internet with websites, as we do today. Links can be linked and traded with websites many different ways.

Links are able to be optimized to help establish relevancy of a websites for selected keywords.

Optimizing keywords and keyword phases using links is an important part of search engine optimization that is often under estimated and frequently overlooked.

Linking to other websites and trading links with other websites is a very important part of SEO, but how links are linked makes all of the difference in the world. Not only does the website and contact on the website matter, but how links are linked to other pages and website matters too.

The way that we link web pages internally and externally with other websites and/or web pages, determines Google PageRank and the search engine placement for all sites on the internet. Of course, every search engine has a different method to determine that which web site is 1st place, top 10, top 20, and so on...

Search engines often update their algorithms in an attempt to improve the logic that it uses to help people find what they want on the internet.

Just because a website is 1st place today does not mean it will be 1st place tomorrow.

The one thing that all search engines do have in common is they are attempting to establish relevancy. Which basically means; it is trying to give you, what it thinks you want based on what you search for and how you search for it. When someone wants to find something on the internet, typically they use a search engine to attempt to find it. Search engines do not know what we want when we search for something, but by using a complex algorithm, the search engine attempts to make a calculated guess.

Google keeps their algorithm a closely guarded secret. Knowing this formula would be the key to success for any search engine optimization expert and/or anyone that wants have a website listed at the top of Google.com

I personally think how links are linked matters more than the website or websites that they are linked to.

- What is the best way to link to other websites

- What is the best way to trade links with other websites

- What is the most effective way to link when trying to establish relevancy of keywords for to placement at search engines (Google - Yahoo - MSN)

1st place at Google.com is best place to have a website listed when performing search engine optimization, so that is what seems to "aim for."

Top 10 at Google is not bad, but just not as nice as first place. However, if a web site is not within the top 20 results for the keywords that you have selected, then the chance of a potential customer or new visitors finding that site not very high. Experts say that most people do not look beyond the top 20 results of a search engine when performing a search to attempt to find something.

Have any advice, questions, or comments about SEO and Links\t Dont hold back
Posted On: Tuesday 27th of November 2012 01:01:38 AM Total Views:  205
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Search Engine Optimization PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Server and backlinks

As a web developer I host many of my sites on a dedicated box. I can always gain backlinks from a site I create since I can add a link in the footer. If all my sites are on the same box and same IP .. is it less significant in googles eyes than if they were all at separate hosting companies and different IP's.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 23rd November 2012
View Replies!

Are there any advantages of buying sites with incoming links/good rankings?

I hope this is in the right forum. I'm an SEO rookie, and I found a place where sites are being sold. The site I'm looking at is a directory based site, and has some solid Alexa rankings and links. Are there any advantages in buying a site like this How can I use it to increase my site's rankings Is this a legitimate or a "black hat" type thing
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Title attributes for text links

Hi , does the title attribute of anchor text affect SERP's at all
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

100 inbound links per day

Hi Is it dangerous to get 100 (or near to 100) inbound links per day for a website. If you people consider this as spam then anybody can beat his/her competitors by building so much amount of links per day for competitor website. Please suggest
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

Blog Content & Outbound links

Is there any limitation on keeping outbound links in a blog content If I put more than 4 outbound links in a blog content, will it be considered a negative point for SEO Process
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Generating list of inlinks for page redirections

I am about to relaunch a site for a client and I need to set up a load of 301 page redirects because the new site will have a different URL structure. I need to create a list of all the pages on the current site that have links to them and then a corresponding list of the new URLs where the same content will be found on the new site. Looking at Yahoo Site Explorer it says that I have 1363 inlinks from other sites to the entire domain. I'm sure that most of them will just be to the home page and the URL for that isn't changing so I don't need to worry about those. But there are still quite a few links to deeper pages and I need to make sure that they are redirected to the new equivalents. Is there a tool that I can use to show all inlinks to pages other than the home page I don't really need to know the referring URL, just where the links are pointing. Many
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Methods for analysing links never the same!?

I have used few different methods for analysing the amount of links that are poiting to my website such as SEO Elite,google webmaster tools,marketleap and market samurai but non of them seem to give consistent data regarding how many websites are linking to my sites Does anyone else have this problem Anyone know an accurate link analyser
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

What's the maximum number of internal links ?

I'd like to know what's the maximum number of internal links which should not a page on the website exceed Best
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Are you buying links?

There are google penalties but there are not alternative And where do you buy links Why
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Does trading links still work?

I'm getting different answers from different SEOers. Some are saying it doesn't work, they cancel each other out. This other SEOer is saying they do count if they have a similar PRs. What's the correct answer And does this apply to all SEs, or only G Michelle
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 27th November 2012
View Replies!

What kinds of back links are considered the most powerful?

Hi the forum members! I am here to share a question and hope you all are gonna help me! My question is what backlinks are most usefull or effective in making any website rank in search engines. Well I am quite familier with do follow, relevant theme, domain age and pr but still not able to create comprehensive result doing this all. What do you think is the best way to create effective links. Please help!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Too many internal links?

Hi all, I wanted to ask if having too many internal links on my homepage a bad thing. I currently have quite a lot of links on my site, all leading to other pages on my site. Can this be harmful in anyway
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Page 2 - How to increase inbound links?

Quote: Originally Posted by ap09.com We can increase inbound links by 1)Link Requests 2)Links from Search Engines and Directories 3)Links from Newsletters and Discussion Threads 4)Links from SEO Press Releases SEO press releases what r they Links from search engines as links wow... since they are from Google they should propel us some where above the Mt Everest. NewsLetters for backlinks Arent they supposed to be email campaigns mostly Directories (except a few) should join the dinos. Dont waste your resources. Create some good content - updated to the latest information and promote them on social media. People will find them.. then they will link to them.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Adding rel="nofollow" to sidebar links in Wordpress

. After addressing a question here about a problem with my blog positioning in serps I've got a lot of support and this encouraged me to ask here a new question: How can I add rel nofollow to a part (or to all) links from my wordpress blog sidebar these links are generated by some plugins I have installed ( top views post, top commented posts, etc). How can I get rid of rel dofollow attribute for these links and make them nofollow I've got a penalty (I guess based on the fact that a fall from the first 100 results) from Google because the inner links on my blog pages are much more than 100 (I have around 1000!). I think that making a part of these links nofollow will determine Google to ignore it, decreasing the internal links number, too and giving me back my previous positioning in serps.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Do framed pages count as links for ranking?

Generally, if a page on my site is heavily used by others inside a frame on their page, does this increase (or decrease even) my pagerank
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

High PR Backlinks - The PR7 LinkWheel

thought i'd share something off my blog today... The PR7 LinkWheel Most of us are familiar by now with what a linkwheel is and the concept behind it. Just incase you arent or have a little confusion over it, Ill reiterate the concept to make it a little more clearer. The LinkWheel is a set of 6 properties all connected and interlinked together in a circular pattern similiar to a cars tired or bicycle wheel. The intention is to put focus or promoting of a particular page. which is the focus of the wheel. The fucus would be for instance your Homepage since this would be something you want to promote. While thinking of the LinkWheel as a bicycle or car wheel, think of your homepage as the hub or center of the wheel that holds everything together. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Ok, so lets get to the high PR link wheel. Estimate time: 1 hour - Open 8 tabs in your browser. - Each tabs represents each site, and your pinging tools - In one tab open Pingler.com - In another tab, open this Ping List and add these to the current Pingler list Your backlink HTML code: Your Keyword Your Keyword The Sites to link to: h**p://open.ac.uk (PR7) h**p://codeignitor.com (PR7) h**p://livescience.com (PR7) h**p://help.com (PR7) h**p://30boxes.com (PR7) h**p://xanga.com (PR7) THE COMPLETE TUTORIAL ON HOW TO PLACE YOUR 2 BACKLINKS (sitelink + linkwheel link) View Online: ENJOY
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to get High PR links effectively?

Hi I got a new client few days back. His site is ranking within 20 in Google SERP and now he wants to get top 3 spot for the very very competitive terms " seo" and "internet marketing" . He wants me to work on offsite optimization for these targeted keywords and in short period. My question is : How to get High PR links effectively How can I assure the client that I am seriously putting all my efforts and trying to do a great job which i am really doing. He wants results within the span of 6months from now. How to get more traffic to his site I hope to hear from experts out here.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Top 4 ways to Build Links and Backlinks for your Blog

The top 4 ways to Build Links and Backlinks for your Blog 1) Comment on Blogs Visit blogs related to your niche and comment on their blog. Leave you Blog Link at the end of your comment. It will generate BackLinks. 2) Blog Carnivals Submit your articles with a link for your site. It will generate BackLinks for your site. 3) Social Bookmarking This kind of marketing generate BackLinks for your blog and increase your website traffic. 4) Mailing List Actually Mailing List generate Links but not SEO Links, It is called Non SEO BackLinks. but it helps in eMarketing your blog Visit my full post at: ecommercelib.blogspot.com/2009/05/emarketing-for-more-traffic-and-profit.html , I'm new to blogging (just started my blog a little over a week ago) and I don't understand what you said in #2 - Acquire like-minded industries... Also, EcommerceLib said replace this title: data:blog.pageTitle with a long list of code that I can't put here because it's code and I'm not allowed to (it was on his blog). How does this help optimize a blog
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

I need One way links for my website (Paid)

everybody, EDIT: We do not support requests for link sales in the forum.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Page 3 - Are you buying links?

Why on earth would you want to buy links In a business where there is SEO, article marketing, outsourcing, diectory submissions, linkbait, Social networking Need I go on \t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!