I own over 200 domains , how best to use them ?

I have a main website which is a domain registration and website hosting business, it is relatively new and i wanted to drive traffic to it.

4 years ago, I went on a domain name buying frenzy and have a control panel with another hosting company inwhich there are over 250 domains all owned by me,

I was wondering if there is a way to use these to increase the page rank on my main new site. all these domains are relatively old but have page rank 0 as nothing was ever done with most of them

kindly advise
Posted On: Saturday 10th of November 2012 08:39:10 AM Total Views:  97
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Search Engine Optimization PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Page 2 - The Best Article Directories for SEO 2011. Please Add your own also.

Quote: Originally Posted by MurphyLap So what do you do in this circumstance kernel I look forward to you very general wishy wash reply. I actually was going to answer your question but with an attitude like that no
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 8th October 2012
View Replies!

Black Hat SEO and White Hat SEO, What are their own specialties?

Understanding of a little about SEO, I have heard of the Black Hat SEO and White Hat SEO. I have no idea about them. Who would like to share with me your knowledge on the SEO Thanx in advance!!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

Is disabling signatures on a big and well known forum (1 million posts) bad for SEO?

We are in the middle of updating our design (still working on it) and forum software and now have decided that for readability sakes we have turned off the users signatures. After a few days still nobody is complaining. The thing is that there are people claiming that this is bad for SEO sakes and Google will somehow punish the forum. The forum webhostingtalk.nl is a well known and well found forum and I seriously doubt this will have serious negative impact for forum SEO. Maybe some users will not post anymore because of this but that is something different. I'm not an expert but you are so please advice how this will turn out. Thank you! Domenico
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Online XML sitemap generators that dont need to be installed on your own server

I am in a bit of a pickle right now with my XML sitemap generation. Background: My website is over 400,000 pages and growing constantly every day. This is proving to be hard to keep up with when actually tryign to find out exactly how many pages there are. the site is built on code ignitor PHP framework and references to 5 DBs. I have tried to create an xml sitemap via a script on my server that generates URLs from the DB. This is not working really as it breaks every now and then. Its too server intensive and kills the site. I have had my developers try to optimise this by creating delays in the DB queries etc and what not.. there are just too many pages to index. I did a few google searches and found xml-sitemaps.com which is also a script that is installed on the server to do pretty much the same thing, only it doesnt access the DB tables but actually crawls all the pages. This is also not really working as it breaks all the time and never gets to complete the full sitemap generation. By introducing delays in the indexing, it will take more than 5 days to index everything. But I am not able to get it to work continously. It breaks every few hours and I have to restart. Anyways, I am looking into alternative solutions where I can get an external sitemap generation tool to do all of this for me. This way, I don't have to worry about an extra load on the server resources. I would like to have some control over the crawling like introducing delays after indexing every 10 pages so that the site speed is not affected. Any ideas where I can find such a tool / service
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Keys to Keeping Site Load Speeds Down

Knowing very little about programming and not fully trusting web designers and programmers, what are the keys to keeping site load times down from a design and programming perspective The site I'm working with is considering a redesign and I want to be able to properly explain how to reduce the time it takes the site to load. We have had some issues in the past with this and don't want this aspect to increase. We have a chance to correct some things and I want to make sure we capitalize on these changes to keep the speed in check. Are there any areas that should be looked at to keeping this at bay
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Sales down with Same Traffic

my website is automotive related nd it's target market is USA only. my traffic is same and even ranking is improved but sales/coversion is down. so, i was thinking it's due to some economic crisis in USA these days. Am i ture is anybody having think kind problems with their sales. second thing is that - is there any way to find out the sales status of our competitors
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

What will happen if i clicked my own ads on google adsense?

Friends........... I was on my computer and i just put my ad on my site then i tested it out so i clicked on it about 12 times what will happen will i get suspended from adsense
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Need help Online Reputation Management,how to push down the negative comments in serp

Hi to every one, One of my client has negative comments in SERP.If I put his brand name "xyz", many negative comments and postings are being displayed in google serp and therefore he is losing lot of his clients. I am trying to push down those comments from past 6 months by doing pressrelease, blog posting, creating profile in networking sites but all is in vain. Please help me.....
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

SEO-friendly switch from a Blogger page to my own page

Last year I bought a domain (dasuperfans.com) and rather than build a page myself, I just dumped content into Blogger (dasuperfans.blogspot.com) and then arranged the redirect. So not surprisingly, all my good search engine rankings are for the blogspot.com address. Now I'm ready to replace the blog with my own site built from scratch, which I would like to be accessible from dasuperfans.com. Does anyone know how I can manage this transition without screwing up the SEO Does this situation call for a simple 301 redirect Or is there some added step I need to take.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

? on Drop Down boxes

Hi all I was wondering if someone could help me with this Are drop down boxes bad for SEO If so how can you make then SEO friendly
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Drop Down Menus & SEO

, One of my site has drop down menus in the header bar. These drop down menus have links to different pages within the site. This was done for ease of navigation for visitor to the site, and give the page a neater look. This header bar is repeated in all the pages. As I understand, when crawler comes to a page he will come across these links first and then relevent text content on the page. Is it good or bad from seo point of view I have read that first 250 words are important from search engine point of view.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Dupe content & who owns what?

this is a two part question for the experts on here.... I am making an E-zine for my chosen subject, i am basically contacting forum members and asking them if they would like to post their articles on our site as well. In most cases its requires a cut and paste from them, which obviously brings up the problem of dupe content. What I need to know is what % of the article would need to be changed to avoid a dup penalty and how come press releases and rss feeds dont trigger such penalties Second part of the question is a more legal question..... If mr A owns a forum and Mr B posts on his public forum, then does Mr A have any rights to the content Many
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Linking to my own sites

i already love this forum. ive learned more about seo by reading these forums for an hour than i have learned in many hours reading misc info on the net. however, one issue i cant find addressed is.... ive recently set upon my first try at optimizing a site for search engines. im really surprised at the number of different things that will disqualify your site from being listed. one thing that isnt really covered is (not sure if this is the right term) landing pages. i have about 20 domains, each with free ad based hosting. few of them have websites up so i am considering putting one page sites up with links to the two sites im optimizing. it seems like this shouldnt hurt my ranking but cant help but wonder if the spiders might see this as cheating, so to speak. any suggestions appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Website is down for 2 weeks

Will I lose all my rankings I have added a blog that has been doing very well and I have been ranking in the top 5 serps for the phrase. nude model and other many related phrases to art modeling and such. I lost my domain and have been going through oodles of red tape to get it back... how long do I have before googe forgets about me I am already down on page 2
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Downtime of websites - effect on SEO

I am considering taking down all my websites for a while. They currently do ok in terms of seo, but financially I am having difficulties and as such until I can fix that, I am thinking just to backup the websites, take them offline and then when I can afford to have them hosted at a later date, would that have a major impact on seo. If I simply put a holding page on the domain names for some time, and working on them offline, so that the domain names still exist, but the sites disappear. Then if at a later date I were to put them back up, when I could afford the hosting costs, would that cause major problems in terms of seo
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Need Help....Backlink Are Droping Down

I have noticing that back links of my website are going down. As i am unable to understand why are they decreasing, what could be the reason and what can be done to improve it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Matt's back in town and has a question about A/B testing and cloaking!!

people! Long time since I hung around in these parts. I've been hellishly busy with my new job. I've abandoned (most of) the freelance work and gone back to a salary position as SEO Director at MEC UK, which is proving to be my biggest challenge yet! So, I have a question! Lets say a client is doing some A/B testing... At what point does it become cloaking From my pov when you cross 50/50 and gbot is being served up the least common page that is probably the cut off point. Thoughts please... (The reason I ask is because a client has just been advised by a split testing company, who shall remain anonymous, that when they find a page that works they should turn that page up to 90% and leave the old optimised page for Google at 10%.)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Ranking going down

Hi SEO Experts, I am in very critical condition here as I got my website ranking on 3rd page in Google search by one of my important keyword and there after I started link building for improve ranking with that keyword but after one week I shocked when I didn't find the same ranking even now not in first 100 results !!! I faced this condition many times please suggest me what I can do for get it again and what is the facts for this type of situations
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Why ranking going down..?

Recently I have optimized a website and got 27th rank with one of my important keyword in Google web results and then I performed off page efforts to improve this ranking from 27 to top 10. But I shocked when I see that my ranking going down as current position is 40.....what is the reason\t please somebody suggest me what I can do for improve this ranking. Many
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 17th October 2012
View Replies!

Keyword, Description & Title Tags - will too many words water down your effectiveness

Of course, one of several things we do to SEO our sites is use keyword and description tags. I realize keyword tags are not terribly effective but they are part of the SEO package. It is always a dance: There are always more keywords to optimize than 200 characters can possibly cover in either of these tags. My question is this: What happens if you use 300 or 400 characters in these tags Are the ones after 200 generally ignored Do the ones after 200 actually "water down" the ones before 200 so that the first 200 are less effective My thought has been that "it can't hurt to put 300 to even 500 characters worth of words in those tags. However I think I have noticed that on a site where I increased those tags pretty substantially hoping to get a broader set of keywords, all the words are now less effective. Likewise the same question for using short versus very long page titles. Your thoughts
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 18th October 2012
View Replies!