How can I Optimize Blog?

Hi ,

Please help me to optimize a blog.

Thanx , Quote: Originally Posted by DTB Optimizing a blog is the same as any other site, with perhaps a little more work to ensure the blogging software itself generates properly optimized code. Also, be sure to clean up your chosen theme(s), as even alleged seo optimized themes are not. This is good advice in general... (optmized code isn't a prerequisite for successful SEO, just good housekeeping).
Quote: Originally Posted by jamesfoster The first and important thing while creating the blog is blog URL and the Keywords.. Be careful about these while creating the Blog. See the URL of your blog contain your target keyword.. The url is not very important... Branding can be much more powerful than "KID"'s.
Quote: Originally Posted by jamesfoster After creating the blog you can do Blog directory submission and also Social bok marking. Its bit easy to Optimize the blog than website I would say it's not easier... just different (there are other issues to watch out for - like duplicate content)!
Quote: Originally Posted by louisvuittonmr louisvuittonmr first
update your blog every date Only if you can create anough good quality content... updating daily with garbage won't do anything except increase your rate of spidering and that - in itself - won't help you to rank.
Quote: Originally Posted by louisvuittonmr second
submit your blog url to some directory and social bookmark OK but you'd get more benefit by spending time getting better quality links than directories.
Quote: Originally Posted by louisvuittonmr three
spread your original article to some free articles sites with some anchor and trackback in your entries Submit an exact duplicate is a very bad idea.
Quote: Originally Posted by louisvuittonmr and keep doing this for 2 or 3 month
then your blog will get 2 or3 PR then That's garbage.
Quote: Originally Posted by louisvuittonmr you can exchange links with other site master Another source of "poor quality links". Quote: Originally Posted by james0555 Hi ,
Please help me to optimize a blog. Hi jamie,

Welcome to SeoChat.

You should follow te advice of devil's_brother... Broad questions like this will mainly prompt guesses and broad answers.
Posted On: Tuesday 27th of November 2012 01:01:46 AM Total Views:  277
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Search Engine Optimization PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Page 2 - Why can't I SEO myself?

I didn't see a mention of it so forgive me if you've already done this. As I said on another post on these forums today, sometimes when we're too close to a thing it's hard to get it in perspective. Just finished reading some stuff and the author said "...think of your keyword list. Then ask husband/wife, kids, neighbors..." you get the idea. Maybe getting a fresh perspective on it will help. Just yesterday my wife and I were wrestling with a nice new catchy byline for our business and got some pretty good ones but nothing that really "spoke" to us. Enter her 20 YO daughter... BAM!!!! just like that.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 22nd November 2012
View Replies!

How to remove canonical domains if my website is hosted on windows server?

Friends, I have a website and it is hosted on windows server. I have try many things but I could redirect my default.aspx page to my main domain. I know about 301 redirects for Apache server as well as Linux hosting. But I find the same thing difficult in windows hosting. According to the SEO concept the website shouldn't have canonical domains. So I want to redirect all my canonical domains to one domain. So if any one could guide me in this process then it will be a great help!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Canonisation + localisation = canonilisation

What is the term used to describe the issues around dealing with the translation, or differences between www. and non www. addresses I remember it being a bit of a mouthful: canonlocalisation or something. any help ed
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How can help metatags to get trafic for Keywords?

Hi this is shankar, I would like to know that how can metatags help to get traffic for a keywords
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to utilize SEO benefits a new domain can bring to the old one?

I registered nvosrbija.com domain for my nonprofit organization and redirected it (301) to the organization's main parlament.org.rs domain which is not even a national TLD, but I don't want to part, not just yet, with key words this domain is generating. The new one didn't get indexed before I redirected it. I don't know if that is possible now, after 301 since there is no independent web page on it. I suppose not. My question are: 1. Can there be any benefits, coming from the new domain, for the old domain in terms of old domain's better placement in search engines when key word derived from new domain name are used Permanently redirected new domain that is. A lot of people are talking about migration from old to new domain but I didn't find anything on this direction. 2. If I move from old domain to the new one (301), is it possible to keep SEO benefits of the old domain and build it up on the ones from the new domain In terms "parlament" word (parliament in English) missing from the name of the new domain.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Do any one have idea what else i can do promote my website

My website is related to dating. I have been working on article marketing, press release marketing, directories submission, social bookmarketing and all Do any one have idea what else i can do promote my website\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Social Bookmarking - can i bookmark...?

can i bookmark 5 approved url's of one article in one bookmarking site... if no so please explain why...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Budget of a site. How I can count?

Tell how correctly to calculate please the budget of a site or where I can read about it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How can I get pr8 for my website??

Hi all, Is it possible to get 8 page rank\t I am trying to get link from high page rank sites to my site and have done on page seo and starting off page along with What should I do more Please guide me... - Ranju
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How can traditional media help SEO?

As the title, do u think How can traditional media help SEO I mean can we make use of them, say TV, radio, newspaper and so on. Any tips here\t Any opinion will be welcomed,
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 23rd November 2012
View Replies!

A head start that can be relatively cheap?.

A friend recently asked me what would be the best way to start a new site and get it ranked quite quickly. I told him about an idea I had for a while and he tried it. It worked so I will share it as it may help some others. It can take a while to do the research. Use google to search themes that are related to the market you will be targeting. Go through listings that start from page 3 on. Look for a site/page that does not appear to have been updated for a while or not maintained (ie out of date stuff on it) with a reasonable page rank (indicates it has links) and then send an email to the owners telling them your interested in buying their site (come up with a reason a bit relevant to the site). Ask them if they would be willing to sell it. Its a bit hit and miss but those out there thinking of spending a bit of time/money/research to get a decent head start this can end up being quite effective and cheap if you lucky. Effective and expensive if not lucky. But it does work Best of luck.. , Quote: Originally Posted by djstreet What is your corroborating evidence for this Sounds more anecdotal to me. Don't see why Google would automatically drop a site to zero because whois changed. Yea i thought that as well but tested it internally, so cant share urls etc. But if google considers a website to have changed hands and then they consider the website to be focusing SEO efforts they reset the value of these links; so what can be considered as changed hands Well; 1. New Whois Information 2. Different IP 3. Different Name Servers 4. Different Design 5. Different Content etc Would you consider this to be a completely new website
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 23rd November 2012
View Replies!

Why can't I SEO myself?

I have had good results when I SEO other peoples site for them, but I don't seem to get the same result for my own sites. I have been using Webceo for the job and it seem to do well to cover the basics. Then I started to think actually perhaps my key phrases are just too niche (They would get traffic if only there was the traffic to start with.) I'm in the UK, I do web sites, I want to do them for anyone in Oxfordshire but it would be better if they were in Carterton, Witney or Oxford itself. (I'm trying to see if what I came up with is about right or if I have gone 100% off in the wrong direction) So a) What Key phrases would you target b) Is there any tools that show UK based traffic etc... c) If anyone wants to throw suggestions please feel free.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

Rel=?canonical?

Hi What is rel=canonical and how do I use it THX
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How many times can I repeat a city or country name in keywords?

can i use same country name keyword for site hbstrading.co.za south african foods south african products Meat Export South Africa Frozen Vegetables import south africa pasta supplier south africa candies exporters South Africa Meat importer South Africa commodity trading South Africa Cooking Oil export South Africa Cooking Oil suppliers South Africa Frozen Vegetables south africa Meat imports South Africa Cooking Oil import South Africa Poultry supplier south africa Poultry supplier south africa candies importers South Africa Petroleum Jelly Manufacturers candies manufacturer South Africa Consumer Goods Council of South Africa Consumer Goods Council South Africa Poultry exporter south africa South Africa noodles Manufacturers
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Robots.txt blocking entire site, can't find the file!

Hi Guys, I just noticed that one of my sites was being blocked by the robots.txt file. I really don't even know how this happened... and the worst thing is I can't find the file in the directory on the server! It's located on the web though, here's the link: http://www.indianhairblog.com/robots.txt How do I get rid of this file if it's not on the server! How do I find the file, I'm kinda baffled with this one.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How do you know if Google can see content?

, I am new to SEO but want to learn so looking for some advice. Is there a way I can tell if all the content within the website I have is being read by Google At the moment the weekly articles that I use in my newsletter are then added to the website. Is there something in the code of the page I need to look at to ensure it is being read because I am considering removing these articles from the website and putting them into a blog instead. From an SEO point of view would this be sensible The reason I ask is because Google does not see websites as a whole but lots of individual web pages is that correct Is there something in the each of the article urls I need to look at Thank you in advance. Great forum by the way!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Scan Alert?

Does any one here use them I have been getting calls from both Scanalert and COntrolscan...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Help !!! How can I increase my website rank

Please help me. Tell me how can I increase my website ranking.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 27th November 2012
View Replies!

How can you leverage Facebook for SEO?

Hi friends.... Welcome to the discussion.. me have little bit of experience about SEO.. but I have no knowledge of how facebook is used in SEO.. Share ur knowledge.....
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Solid advice re: a redirect needed - can anyone help?

Hi , Sorry for the length of this post, but I've struggled to understand this for some time and really need to get my 'spare domain' problem sorted. I use a 1and1 MS hosting package - our site is written in ASP. Multiple domains can be managed within the one hosting package - 1and1's control panel allows me to select which folder on the webspace each domain needs to point to. I have around 20 (of our) keyword-rich domains that I secured a while back to keep out of the hands of our competitors, but as our own branded domain is doing well, I don't plan to use any of these. I therefore think my options are to either: A) Point each spare domain to a corresponding folder on our webspace which simply contains a holding page (i.e. Domain owned by XYZ Ltd). or B) 301 redirect these spare domains to our main site. Unfortunately 1and1's control panel only provides an option to '302 redirect' one domain to another, but I can 'point' each domain that I want to permanently redirect to a folder on the webspace containing a 301 redirect ASP script. I'm not sure what option is best ... presumably if I use option A, these holding pages may be indexed, causing Google to throw-up a host of confusing search results if anyone Googles our Company name I guess I could use a 'Robots no-follow' within each page If I use option B, presumably the 301 redirect file could be indexed giving a similar problem I'm starting to confuse myself now! Can anyone give me a definite answer as to what I should do to tidy up my webspace whilst at the same time remaining 'Google-friendly'
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!