Gettgin best SEO

I'm new to this and this is my first post, I know very little about SEO and use Freeway Pro on a mac to start building sites

Just started to build first site using Freeway Pro, just starting to build now but worried about doing it all and it isnt good way for SEO which is of major importance.

My concerns are the way i want my site constructed is a showcase entry page displaying one photo, my name and a strap line, this would appear for a few seconds, then open to the home page.

As there are various, but quite distinct and different services I offer, the homepage would consist of various buttons with brief descriptions of each category that when clicked upon would take you off to more detailed and relevant information and galleries, in effect, each service/category button would almost be a seperate capsule website in its own rights.

This is where my main concern lies, will the Search engines be put off or not navigate or rank highly each service that might be Googled because it had an entry page and home page with very brief information of relevance to get past before the right detail was found.

Am I OK to construct how I plan or should I make each service a seperate website and link them all for the best SEO Any info would be most welcome!
Posted On: Friday 23rd of November 2012 12:31:52 AM Total Views:  80
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Search Engine Optimization PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Page 3 - Please recommend the best resource SEO you always read online

Quote: Originally Posted by wygk So, you didn't read the book. And you are 'guessing' that I haven't followed this forum, or others (incorrect, by the way, but that's neither here nor there.) And yet, despite the fact that you admit having no knowledge of the book I recommended, you insist you are right and I am wrong. To me, that seems like you are on very thin ice, intellectually. Sure thing... What forums What members
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

Wht is the best way for SEO?

I don't have much idea how to do SEO for my website, some body told me I can do that by my self or by software or let a company do it. I would like to know cheaper best way to do it how
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Meta name="Robots" or robots.txt - best one?

From some online tools, i generated the following line After that I studied about robots.txt file. Which one is good or Are they both same
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How do i best use keywords in my url?

i have an aboutus.php webpage on my site. I am optimizing that webpage for these keywords "dog picture, dog photo, dog pic" i was thinking that i should use a REDIRECT in my .htaccess file to change the aboutus.php page into dog-picture-dog-photo-dog-pic.php then i would maximze my keyword usage for SERPs. Is this a good idea and will help me in the SERPS or is it a bad idea to do a REDIRECT cause it wont show up in the SERPS how i want it to\t anyone have any direct experience with this and can tell me the smartest way to achieve my goal
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

best way to deal with multi domains?, duplicate content!

We have one .co.uk domain We have a registered trademark but just ad protection for ourselves and save possible nonsense we have just registered 8 other extensions for the same domain name. .eu .biz .org.uk .co etc,etc We can just leave these dormant or I was thinking might these domains bring additional traffic .eu for eg might this not move our site up for searches from the eu 301 redirect done at the server side perhaps, any one have experience of this.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

what's the best way for me to create a backlink?

I have a personal website and I want to give a back link to my business site. I will create keywords with the proper anchor texts that lead to my site. Now my personal website has a dozen pages. should I place a link on each page with a different keyword for each anchor text Will each count
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

What is the best keyword research tool for SEO?

As a major portion of traffic one can get from search engines is Google, you need to target whats hot on Google and look for the keywords that could promote your website on search engine results. You can look up for the trends at trends.google.com to see whats the most hot topic that people are currently searching for on Google.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

I own over 200 domains , how best to use them ?

I have a main website which is a domain registration and website hosting business, it is relatively new and i wanted to drive traffic to it. 4 years ago, I went on a domain name buying frenzy and have a control panel with another hosting company inwhich there are over 250 domains all owned by me, I was wondering if there is a way to use these to increase the page rank on my main new site. all these domains are relatively old but have page rank 0 as nothing was ever done with most of them kindly advise
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 10th November 2012
View Replies!

Which internal linking in best? index.html or http://www.mywebsite.com

In the internal navigation of the website which one method do you think is the best Using the whole url, like http://www.mysite.com/product.html or Using the relative link, like /product.html I am especially concerned about the home page. I dont want to pass my PR to http://www.mysite.com/index.html instead of passing it to http://www.mysite.com Just to make things clear, what is the difference between the following three http://www.mysite.com http://www.mysite.com/index.html /index.html What do you guyz think At the moment I have set half of my internal links to link to /index and the other half to the absolute link http://www.mysite.com just in case.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 10th November 2012
View Replies!

What is the best SEO friendly website design ?

What is the best SEO friendly website design
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

How to choose the best Keywords?

Hi Everybody, Can you pls tell me the way by which you can research the best keywords for a newly made site and also how long the Title and description meta tag should be
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 22nd November 2012
View Replies!

Which is the best free tools for keyword ranking

1) Currently iam using tools.Seobook for checking keyword rank, but each and every day the result r changing randomly, and i check other tools it gives different result, So pls tell me which tools is best. 2) how can i increase keyword rank for graphic web page( which as very less content and very low keyword density
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

What is the best way to link multiple websites of one's own?

I have been running eight websites and eight blogs for some time. They are related and similar in content, but they are not linked to each other, because I fear Google might give them some kind of penalty for search engine spams. So the visitors need to find the other websites and blogs of mine on their own if they are interested. But I am beginning to think that I might be better off if I linked them to each other. 1) So, if that is the case, would you put links to each of these websites and blogs on the top page of each of them 2) Or would you link these sites so as not to link to each other directly like: Site 1 > Site 2 > Site 3 > Site 4 > Site 5...etc. Then, Site 3 > Site 1 plus Site 5, and so on. 3) Or would you link them only where context requires links to them For example, if a page at Site 1 is about traffic problems, then you put a link to a page about government traffic policy at Site 2. These websites and blogs of mine are non-commercial websites, and they are on free web space. So I do not put adds like Google AdSense banners on them, if this sort of information is relevant. So, what would be the best way to link these websites and blogs Thank you.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Please recommend the best resource SEO you always read online

I am a beginner in the SEO field. I would like to learn more in this field. But I want to know how to become an expert in SEO field. Can some tell me the resource you always read online or offline
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Which of these domains has the best SEO?

Which of these domains, have more or less SEO (if any) than the others: http://hockey . e x a m p l e . com http://www . e x a m p l e . com/hockey http://www . e x a m p l e . com/hockey.html Even if one has a fraction, of a fraction, if a fraction more weight/pr can you please let me know which is the best, and if possible, why. PS Disregard the spaces in the domain examples, and sorry if i'm breaking forum rules using a domain - I don't know any other way to post this question. , Judging from my wordpress blog structure in which my tags and categories (set up: http://www.my domain.com/category) get the highest SERP placements. I guess, the less unwanted words (like html) in the url, the better. But, like djstreet says, focus on inbound links more.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Pages vs. Categories with Podcasts..what is best for SEO? (I tried Search first)

Hi all! I have been working very hard on my site, although I am still very much a rookie. It's about parenting advice with humour & fun. My problem is the following: 1) I have read that static pages are better than use categories for SEO. If this is true, then why don't most people do that Almost every popular blog out there uses Categories From what I've seen anyhow. My site would certainly look better if I stuck to pages only. Currently I have been using a page widget that order pages into "parent" and "child". As my site and content grows, will this still be suitable 2) My articles/posts are focused on relevant and profitable keywords. They took a long time to write well and would certainly constitute "static". I won't be changing them frequently. How should they be structured Just simple slugs that match the keyword 3) My bread and butter will really be podcasts. However, the show notes from the podcasts will often be centered around the same keywords, although not identical content of-course. How would I best place these show notes on my site Could I use the Category widget and organize them that way What would be most effective from an SEO standpoint I am very grateful for any help! Thank you!! Jayce
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Page 4 - Please recommend the best resource SEO you always read online

Quote: Originally Posted by wygk Though I think you'll agree that probably the majority are short replies without any real supporting evidence. "The majority"... sound like you mean "alot" as in 50% +1... at least Like what You'd be hard press to find even that minimal majority of questions asked and then answered by insufficient responses. ...adding "I got a -60 penalty what can I do"... is the same as "I got a -50 penalty what can I do"... "I got a -90 penalty what can I do"... "I got a -950 penalty what can I do"... How would you class these I doubt the book covers -penalties for every number.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

What is best for SEO? blog or articles?

, I send a weekly email and now have lots of good content that I would like to put on my site. From an SEO point of view would I be best putting them into a blog or creating a page for each article Thank you , being equal, then, i'd recommend the blog as people have said, you can set it up pretty easily and post easily, have RSS feeds etc. The marketing trend now seems to lean towards blogs, too. Probably in part due to the ease of maintaining and the familiarity and consistency to users.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

What's the best strategy for this?

Hi folks, Help! We have a website moving from .com.au to .com and will be targeting US, Canada and UK. We're a bit stuck in the UK part, since there are search terms that are different from the US, Canada markets. Do we: create a UK version of the site or create a page solely optimized for UK or are there any other options you can advise us
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to find the best seo software?

I have been trying to build my website and get traffic to it but I cannot find a reasonably priced seo or traffic program that ACTUALLY works! Help!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!