Does Technorati Matter?

I manage a blog for a friend. He recently asked me to add the Technorati code to it. I did, and I know it won't hurt. But I'm not sure Technorati matters any more.

I haven't paid attention to Technorati in some time. I claimed all of my blogs long ago. Recently I noticed a problem with one of my blogs, where Technorati wasn't updating it. It was my fault and I fixed it. But I didn't notice any falloff in traffic.

It's never a significant source of traffic to my blogs, so why does Technorati matter , Here are some tin-foil hat ideas - nothing tested - speculation....

Google bought feedburner. Why So they can offer a cool free service I bet they bought it for the data.

They want to know who the original publisher of blog content is that gets subscribed to and clicked through. A site that published in-demand content is a valuable site.

So, if I owned Google, any site that was getting a ton of subscribers who consume the content would get a boost in the SERPs.
Posted On: Tuesday 27th of November 2012 01:01:47 AM Total Views:  242
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Search Engine Optimization PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

How does ~ help in the url?

An artsy fartsy SEO did it. Use the dash if you want to separate words.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

Multiple incoming links from one page: does domain vs. page matter?

all, I know that if I have multiple inbound links with the same anchor URL coming from one particular page, then only the first of these links is going to count for anything in search engines' eyes. But what if I have 3 inbound links coming from one page, and each of the 3 is directed toward the same DOMAIN, but to a different PAGE on the domain For example, Link 1 anchor URL = mydomain.com/index Link 2 anchor URL = mydomain.com/about Link 3 anchor URL = mydomain.com/products Should all 3 be recognized by search engines The reason I ask is because I am using SEO Spyglass to analyze a situation just like this one, and it is only showing me the first of these links as an incoming link. I was under the impression all 3 would be counted as long as they were to different pages. Is SEO Spyglass right Will search engines only count the first link to my domain, regardless of specific page
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Things a visitor doesn't expect from a visitor

Generally among many things that irritate online visitor are the slowing loading pages, this could be the first thing that prompts a visitor to look for some other sites inspite of being a great site. If a website which has pleasing website layout is most likely to catch visitors attention in the first instance.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Digg also doesn?t Trust anymore

According to the latest Trench Crunch news, Digg has started nofollowing links that it doesnt trust. I was submitting one blog to digg today and saw large number of nofollow links. Then i browsed other sections and there also i saw many nofollows. Then i found this news article on digg: http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/09/02/digg-starts-nofollow-ing-links-that-it-doesnt-trust/ So here is the end of another good tool which helped us in fast crawling and indexing of new pages. There is hardly any authority site left which has no made all external links nofollow. I wonder how crawlers will crawl digg posts now.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How does the video clips in the website helps in Optimisation?

Let me know the advantages of giving video clips related to the site in the website. How far it is going to help in search engine optimisation Help me in this regard... pls.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Website doesnt get fully indexed...

My website http://www.traveleak.com doesnt get fully index... i ran the spider simulator and it shows like 75 out of 600 pages. why dont all my pages get seen!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Where does my site rank in different locatoins

I want to see how does my site www.animal57.com rank if I do a search in Boston, and how will my site rank if I do a search in Paris. Does anyone, know of a specific way to find out this information For example are there actaul IP addresses that would direct me to get results from a French data Center I am in Boston, so I can get those just by going on Google and checking. I appriciate any help out there.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How long does it take for DMOZ to accept site?

I just registered my site on DMOZ back in January. Checked the directory and didn't see my site listed. Should I re-register I heard DMOZ was selective, but IMO, my site is content rich and a bit superior compared to other similiar sites on DMOZ.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Fresh content with info that does not change

I know the SEs love fresh, new updated content, but I find myself in a dilema. I am creating a Christian ministry site that will have some pages with good content (at least I think it will be good), but that content will not likely change. One page will be a description of the evangelist's "Statement of Faith" (what he believes on certain theological issues). This is not likely to ever change, but it can be a good teaching/ministry tool. So my question is, when the content doesn't change, how do you have fresh content
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

MSN Apparently doesn't think 0rb1tz is spamming

It was erroneously observed in this post that a spam report resulted in the 2 day removal of an allegedly cloaked site in MSN. This site is now back at position number 3 in MSN. I suspect that : A: This removal was sheer concidence B: The site in question was able to plead their case and convince MSN that the difference in the pages was acceptable and necessary, and most likely no different than MSN, Y, and G cloaking for different users/OS's/browsers/devices/countries/etc... Personally, I vote for A ;)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How does Google handle Cloud Hosting?

I've been looking into Cloud Hosting to see if its a viable alternative for us. The costs have come down and for us its now comparable to a virtual server. However, we are a UK based business and we currently host in the UK. With Cloud Hosting, the servers could be just about anywhere. Does anyone have a view on what Google will make of this Don't want to move if we get penalised. Any info would be great Sean
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How long does it typically take for a new site to be ranked in the SERPS?

I am just starting out in the biz and I am just now figuring out how to get my sites indexed quickly but now a new challenge has come about with getting my sites ranked within the SERPS. Can anyone tell me how long it generally takes in a ball park average What the longest it's taken one of your sites to be indexed in the past
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

How pay does a SEO or a Link Builder get.

, I need to Pay the SEO and Link builder. Can any body tell me how much pay does the Link builder /SEO gets. I would be much better if i could get detail idea about SEO payment in India and USA
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

What does

I just found this on one of my sites
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 22nd November 2012
View Replies!

Client doesn't get it. What to do?

Hi , I have been working on a site now for a couple of months, and have got it from Page 3 to Page 1 on Google for most of his keyterms. Trouble is, he wants to move to the top position of P1, and it just ain't gonna happen. Above him are the actual brands of the products he's selling (e.g. he sells vaccums and Hoover has the top spot, go figure!) as well as Amazon and a couple of other major players. He DOES appear at the top for long tail keywords and synonyms. He also wants to reduce his adwords spend, but the trouble is not with adwords, but his landing pages, navigation and CTA messages. I have tried explaining that his problem is conversion and have repeatedly given him a list of options to improve sales, but he won't listen and keeps asking me to do more and more and more SEO as if it is a magical technique for success. He is so focused on the numbers (page rank, traffic, hits) that he is totally ignoring the fact that the goal is to get more sales! I doubt I can give him better results than what he has got already without him taking my advice, but obviously I want to keep the paycheck! What can I do\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Primary domain doesnt show up in google. alias domain does.

My client had their earlier website at www.abc.com which was the only domain name. when they went for a redesign, they purchased a new hosting with a new primary domain www.xyz.com but retained the earlier one as domain alias pointing to the same hosting. the new domain name never shows up on google, but the old domain name still shows up. Please advise what would be wrong
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

What does SEO mean to you?

Hi , The purpose of me open this threat is to get in all SEO lovers to share you opinion about what is SEO means to you Because I realized, many people always think SEO is just about ranking. 1. SEO means actual optimization of the website to enable search engine to find them on SERP with the targeted search terms. 2. SEO should be targeted to help you find qualified prospects, not just random traffic. 3. SEO is not one time effort, is an ongoing practice that requires continual maintenance and optimization, not just a one-time application of keywords and one time link building. My conclusion is the ultimate objective of adopt SEO for a website is about "Quality Traffics" or "Targeted Traffics", is not about just ranking. Why I say so For instance: If I can have 10 short and competitive keywords ranked on top 5 positions on SERP and each keyword attracted 100 visitors - total I have 10 x 100 = 1000 visitors. If I can have 3000 long tail and niche keywords ranked on top 50 positions on SERP and each keyword attracted 2 visitors - total I have 3000 x 2 = 6000 visitors. Do remember short keywords might received mass traffic and might have higher percentage are junk traffic. Long tail and niche keywords can have higher percentage in terms of sales conversion. Please share your thoughts here
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 23rd November 2012
View Replies!

Page 2 - What does SEO mean to you?

Quote: Originally Posted by mynotion What does SEO mean to you Nice question. To me its the inside information that has allowed me to pursue a path to wealth and early retirement...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

How does a bookmark work

How does a bookmark work for SEO Is it helpful to add link to online bookmark I did this work before , but can not see anything helpful to my site .
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 27th November 2012
View Replies!

Please help?how does social bookmarking help to promote the website?

Can anyone helpHow social bookmarks help in promoting websitesHow to do soI am new to SEO field.How to increase ranking in MSN and Yahoo I am promoting a site which gets very few visits from australia,How to improve the site ranking so as to get more visits from a particular country I have tried submitting to various search engines,directories,article sites in Australia but no result.What to do
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 27th November 2012
View Replies!