Broad VS Exact for showing up in top spots. who wins?

So assuming these given factors.. Who would show up for #1 organically on google.

Lets say there are no authority sites on the first 5 pages for google for an exact search for the keyword "home business success"

ME:
Lets assume that I have a page that is optimized perfectly where I have the keyword "home business success" exactly as is showing first on the title.
Meta keywords: home busines success,
Description, H1, body (mention 1-2). etc.
As far as inbound links, I have articles, videos, social media, that only is optimized for that one keyword too linking to my page..

THE SEARCHER:
A searcher now types in the keyword "home business success" as a broad search in google but i'm optimized for the "exact match" and now authority sites are showing up for the broad match..

Will I win the number 1 spot on google if someone does a broad search on "home business success" when i'm optimized for the exact match and someone else isn't

hope this makes sense!
Posted On: Thursday 15th of November 2012 09:53:59 PM Total Views:  363
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Search Engine Optimization PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Niche domain to broad domain

I have a niche site that does well with ranking and generating traffic. I would like to rebuild my site to include my current market as well as new markets and industries. If I do this them my original domain name is no longer relevant. I am going to pick a new domain name, and have my original niche site reside in something like www(dot)newdomain(dot)com/niche. Or niche(dot)newdomain(dot)com. Is a 301 redirect to these new pages the way to do this correctly Any recommendations on how to maintain the traffic already generated without starting from scratch on the new domain
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 25th September 2012
View Replies!

Diffrence B/W phrase search, exact and broad search

! Guys i am little bit of confused about, exact search , broad search, and phrase search in organic search point of view.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 9th October 2012
View Replies!

index.html vs index.php

Hi I am building a website which is dynamic using php. I need the first page to be in PHP, will this effect my results with the search engines Cheers
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

.htm vs .html

In recent months I've begun looking allot more behind the lines to evaluate what some successful sites do to rank well. In recent days I have begun to notice allot of links in the code using .html instead of .htm, and these are for sub pages too. First, is there some advantage to using domain.com/page.html over domain.com/page.htm \t Examples: domain.com/page2.html, domain.com/page3.html, domain.com/page4.html, etc. Also, most of the pages where I've noticed this are obvious adsense sites or directories, possibly auto generated, and they seem to be making up a large segment of top ranked sites, at least in my limited search sampling. Lastly, I've attempted using this tactic myself but FrontPage won't allow me to change an .htm file to .html file since I already use index.html. Unless I'm a greener greenhorn than I admit to, can anyone tell me how I might make this file change in FP
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Incremental vs Big Bang

Its well known that pages whose content changes regularly are favoured by SEs. But does the size of the change make a difference Suppose I have a few changes I want to make to a page. Is it better to do: - one every few days - SE sees 'regular changing'. - all at once - SE sees 'big change' In other words, is 'regular small change' better than 'occasional big change'. -- Mike
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Sub Domain on Established Site vs. New Domain

My personal site has been online for many years and I get great traffic. I am starting a new affiliate based web site and am wondering if I would be better off leaving it attached to my personal site in a new directory. I ask because there has been an extensive amount of SEO to get my personal site where I want it and it has been online for many years. When new pages are added, they are indexed fast and always rank well. With such results, would it be a good idea to attach a completely new site to in a subfolder as opposed to purchasing a new domain The starting points seem much different...seems like starting a new domain will take a long time to get to the same point. Is that a good idea
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Blog Spammers vs. Spam Bloggers

Via Fantomaster's blog, today I found this article - seo-dev.co.uk/2005/04/generating-website-content-from-your.html It's on the subject of creating content by automatically turning any spam email you get in your inbox into a web page via a blgo system. I've never really even thought about the spam bloggers (bloggers who fill the web with spam content), but this certainly is interesting stuff. I know I won't be trying it anytime soon, but I can think of a good use for it. If you had a website with every spam e-mail in the world, it could be used as a database to check against in case someone wanted to be sure if an e-mail they received was spam or not...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Static pages vs php created pages for SEO

I am working on a news portal site. For each individual news-article etc... Is it better to have a seperate page for each for SEO considrations In the long run this mean thousands of individual permanent pages, related to my own site content so I am thinking this might be good. OR is it better to let the user read this article when he clicks the (read more) with php pulling it from the database it will display that whole article for that instant only. So the whole article will be created ONLY when the user wants to read it all. But there will not be a permanent page for it. The good side of this is though, it makes the website updating more automated. Which option is better for SEO and is there a big difference or it doesn't matter much
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

SEO for Canada vs. US

What is the difference in doing SEO for Canada vs. the US Do users in Canada automatically get redirected to Google Canada What different SEO tactics do we need to use How will search engines know that our site is marketed for Canada I'd appreciate any thoughts.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

"http://www.domain.com/aboutus.htm" vs "/aboutus.htm"

Can anyone tell me if there is any difference between these 2 ways of internal linking "http://www. fulldomain / aboutus.htm" vs "/aboutus.htm" Sorry I had to type it strangely above because new users can't post url's Is one better than the other in terms of the SERPS and PR
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Subdomain vs. New domain

I started a test site a few months back as a subdomain of one of my sites, and it is taking off... the subdomain has a PR5 now, but the subdomain is not the best URL... and I'm considering buying it, it's own domain... problem is I don't want to lose the links in place to the subdomain and the PR5 it has. Solutions Ideas (1) My host lets me create new addon domains, so if I buy a domain for this site, and I can specify the folder on my host server that this domain will resolve to... which I could, in theory, specify as the SAME folder as where the subdomain is resolving to. Is this BAD SEO, or ok to do (2) I could setup the new domain, with it's own folder on my host, and literally move the site to the new domain, and just put an html page up on the sub domain that says "we moved to here". Is thiis BETTER SEO, than option 1 Is there another option that you would suggest It seems to me that in either case, I will need to start over growing the PR of the new domain, which will take some time. But how do I best leverage the subdomain Or is it advised that I don't mess with it, and keep it on a subdomain It's just horrible marketing to not have it's own domain. Cheers, NORTH
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

htm vs. html

Is there any difference for SEO to name a site htm or html, is one better than the other Of the following three urls which one is best www.mysite.com/review www.mysite.com/review.htm www.mysite.com/review.html
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Google PR vs Yahoo SERP

Does a site's google PR or any change in its PR effects its organic listings in Yahoo If a site has about more than 100 backlinks and unfortunately 98% of them have PR=0 and only a few of them have nominal PR (2/3). How much negative impact that would create on the site in terms of its PR as well as its listings in Yahoo
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

.php vs. .html

Hi , Someone just told me that if you name your pages .php, it hinders your rankings. Is that true
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Cname vs 301 Redirect/Website not showing

Hi again . I am hoping someone can help me out here, we're attempting to set up a new website and have run into some problems. My first question is... Do properly set up Cname records deliver the same SEO value as a 301 redirect\t A web hosting company we're using insists that when the Cname records are set up properly for a website a 301 redirect is not necessary. Also, though this next issue isn't necessarily SEO related, I'm hoping someone here can help, since our web host is suggesting our problems lie with our htaccess file. At first the website worked fine (it's heavenlysaunas, with com as the extension. This forum won't let me post it any other way). We then added a redirect from the non www version to the www version of the site through our htaccess file. After adding this the site worked fine for a couple of days, now it's not showing up at all. We've attempted to load it in both Firefox and MSIE from two locations 50 miles apart near our office, and in firefox both the www and non www delivered a blank page, in MSIE we got a Page Not Found error for both, at both locations. We asked an associate in PA to test this out as well (over 6 hours away), and when he typed in the URL with the www he got a page not found, when he typed it in without the www the site came up, and then redirected to the www URL (just as it's supposed to with the redirect we have in our htaccess file), and still displayed just fine. Our web hosting company says the page is loading fine where they are, and that none of the tests they've run have shown a problem. Though there's obviously a problem, somewhere. I'd show what our htaccess file looks like, but the forum is flagging it as spam. It's the same rewrite we've used on other websites without problem, and I'd be happy to send it to anyone who'd like to see it. I'd try just deleting the htaccess file (since the hosting company insists this must be our problem), but I can't access our ftp server either for this site (the other sites we have and web pages we've visited are working fine), or the control panel through the hosting company's website. Has anyone run into a similar problem Am I doing something wrong with the htaccess file, or with the way it's working with the cname\t Is anyone else having problems accessing this site the way we are (if you wouldn't mind checking for me)\t Please, someone, help. This is a new site, and we want to start promoting it, but with so many problems we're afraid to start anything until they are resolved. This has been going on two days now, and is starting to get really frustrating.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

robots.txt vs robots meta tag

i'm getting to know wordpress better, and came across a plugin called Meta Robots wordpress/meta-robots-wordpress-plugin/]Meta Robots wordpress plugin - Yoast - Tweaking Websites[/url] This plugin basically adds meta robots tags to your pages. Question: why do people even bother if you can just simply put everything in a robots.txt \t is one more important than the other should you put both of them
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

.net vs .org which one is better for search engines?

i want to open a website but unfournately some .com is already take, which one would be better for search engine .net or .org i hardly see any .net on top related on search engine when i am searching for something on yahoo or msn. so is .org better than .net!!!!!! please let me know.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Encrypted HTML vs. spiders

A client who wishes to keep her images from being copied has sent me information about an HTML Protector that encrypts entire websites. It is available from html-protector(dotcom) and I've looked it over. It seems to me that encrypting a site so that when you view source all you see is a bunch of random characters is not good from an SEO perspective ... isn't the code the important thing for spider food I've sent them (the protector software company) an email with that question and although they haven't had time to reply yet, I thought I'd throw this out in the SEO group here for input.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 17th October 2012
View Replies!

Nofollow vs dofollow

I would love to hear some feedback based on experience from others on the choice to go with nofollow or dofollow links on a blog. Lets assume the blog's comments are moderated by the admin. Which do you think would be more beneficial and why I think many people could benefit from this discussion.... Ed
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 17th October 2012
View Replies!

Blog on same domain vs Blogger.com

Hi I know that Links to a website from popular blogs or blog posts can increase SE rankings for that particular website. I have blogged a lot earlier and am now thinking of starting a programming blog as well to increase the SE ranking of my website. I would like to know from experts over here whether for this particular SEO strategy, should I start writing new blog on the same domain as of my website Or should i use major bloggin websites like Blogspot or blogger.com and then link them back. Also please advise on improving this particular strategy like always keeping links in the signature of the blogs etc.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 10th November 2012
View Replies!