Aticles, popups, and SEO?

We have a free email guide that visitors subscribe to. Once they subscribe, they receive a series of educational articles from an autoresponder. The articles they receive are blocked from SE by robot.txt and our sitemap, so they don't show up SE results (we want users to subscribe before they receive content).

On the main the directory of our site, we do have the same articles, optimized for SEO, and they are indexed by SE. We did this just to bring more attention to site. Most users don't know these are here, although traffic does come into these articles.

We are considering putting a popup on these articles (on main directory) that would create a mask which covers all the content on the page, only leaving the popup content visible. I was considering having the popup trigger after about 5 seconds. The popup would give the user the option (with a form in the popup) to subscribe to our free guide before they can read rest of article. The message would be something like -

"Get access to this article and more be subcribing to our free email guide - just enter your email here to get instant access"

I am wondering if putting these type of dhtml popups that mask the content will hurt our indexing, rankings. I know one factor is that user will tend to leave page sooner because they might not want to subcribe. I've heard how long the user is on a page is relevant to se rankings.

Thank you for any suggestions.
Posted On: Tuesday 27th of November 2012 01:01:25 AM Total Views:  243
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Search Engine Optimization PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

SEO question regarding popups

Hi My question Should i bother optimising a popup page is there any point can a search engine even index a popup page as it will not have in effect a link pointing to it. will this vary from javascript popups to html popups etc. Your thoughts please .
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

seo secret.....

hey i found this site.regarding to seo secrets.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 23rd October 2012
View Replies!

Require some seo assistance

I require some assistance for the SEO on our website www.cellsavers.co.uk We've implemented various efforts on the site: Meta tags Alt tags Header tags linkingto other pages etc. I'm looking to implement articles and perhaps social marketing soon. Would a blog with regularly updated content improve our rankings For search terms such as mobile phone accessories we never seem to rank better than page 2. Can anyone offer suggestions as to how we can improve the site from an SEO angle Any assistance would be appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 23rd October 2012
View Replies!

Looking for offpage seo services

We are an austria based company with an expertise in Offpage SEO services & are looking for offpage services experts / link builders to provide us with one way / two links from multilingual sites / multilingual domains. We are looking for an ongoing project partner who can avail us multiple services at an affordable pricing. Please get in touch with us asap through our skype id (marktheglobe1) & we can get this going. ** Note ** : We dont require services for english language or english sites. Please dont revert on the same.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 10th November 2012
View Replies!

Running an seo campaign strategy

very new here and to SEO and I need your expert advise. we are a .com.au moving to a .com that wishes to target US Canada and UK. What's the best strategy for this Do we run a campaign first in the US and Canada or can we all do at the same time
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

blackhat seo

what is blackhat seo any blackhat methods
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Need seo help

hi all members i need some help from your side.I m going to develop a site which is created on wordpress .Its a SEO site but I dont know that how we include keywords in my website . many
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

Post subject: joomla as same as wordpress or as powerfull for seo?

is wordpress or joomla same is seo eyes.. should i go for wordpress or joomla.. which blog service is more powerful in the eyes of seo.. i looking forward to make for my website logobench.com.. and suggestion please\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Best browser for seo?

, i am new here and want to know which is best browser according to seo.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Name servers and seo

, I have multiple related and interlinked sites which were on same shared ip. Now i changed host and i have 5 available ip's. What do you think it's better for seo: 1) to put every site on same ip with name servers (for example site1 and ns1.site1 and ns2.site1 on ip1, site2 and ns1.site2 and ns2.site2 on ip2, etc...). 2) to use 3 ip's to spread sites on them and 2 ip's for name servers (in this case every site would be on ns1.site1 and ns2.site1). 3)to use all 5 ip's for sites and name servers but name servers on different ip's and domains (on first ip: site1, ns1.site2, ns1.site3 second ip: site2, ns1.site1, ns2.site3, third ip: site3, ns2.site1, ns2.site2, etc.) 4)some other variation you think it's better... Directly linked sites would be on different ip's of course.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 22nd November 2012
View Replies!

Is this black hat seo?

Client requested removal...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to find the best seo software?

I have been trying to build my website and get traffic to it but I cannot find a reasonably priced seo or traffic program that ACTUALLY works! Help!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Are "popups" hurting your seo??

anybody here lost ranking after using a dynamic popup/under/ etc - I read this somewhere I dont want to test it myself only to find out its true , The way you do it wont be spammy, its what information your giving to me. Sell me some crap like meds or enlarge my penis then its spammy. But if you really are offering something useful adn relevent to the page then this I wouldn't see as spammy. And thats assuming you make it passed my spam filters and pop up blockers!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Http://seobases.biz/

Anyone herd of this, just started to get some traffic from it :-S! its Russian
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 23rd November 2012
View Replies!

What is do follow & no follow blog in seo

friends recently I have heard about do follow & now follow blog please tell me what is it. And is it useful for seo\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Advise on seo strategy for job portal

i run www. MbaNaukri. com - mba jobs india portal. its been 3 weeks of launch, getting significant inorganic traffic through advertisement and emailers but google still hasn picked up pace....dont see any search trafiic, even my pages are indexed once a week types... i have put right tittle tags etc - can som1 check the site for seo and suggest couple of strategies
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Can anybody describe about organic seo?

Hi all, Can anybody describe about organic seo
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

Help with new seo

Hi all, I am new to SEO so I've come to ask for your professional advice. I am currently putting a website together for a friend which is hoping to boost their online market. The website I have done is powered by Joomla and is using the seo option to change the urls to look like html pages instead of 1 php script. Firstly I would like to know which is better to use... 1. Domain.com/electrical-training.html 2. Domain.com/electrical-training 3. Domain.com/courses/electrical-training.html Also does it matter whether I use - or _ Secondly, if the company provides electrical training in several areas, do i add a page for each town. Eg, Electrical Training In Paris, Electrical Training In London, etc... Would i then put the sub-areas as text within these areas Finally, can someone explain briefly how landing pages work and should I be using them
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

Naming image for seo

my question is about naming images for seo purpose, though this will not have any major impact for seo but it might be useful when users search for images when i slice and save images for the web i try and use keywords for an image, however when i have multiple words for an image example = website design as a practice which is the best way to name the image is it with a - or _ website-design.jpg or website_design.jpg please advice
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 27th November 2012
View Replies!