5 Tips for a great webpage title !

There are many things which you need to remember while creating the Title of any webpage. Let me share with you some of them which might be useful for ranking well in the Search Engine Result Pages.

1.Include your targeted keywords in the Title. Do not leave the title tag empty or don't just write your company name in the title. Instead include your targeted keywords for the page and then write your company name, if you want to. Let's assume my company name is ABCMarketing, Inc and I sell Internet Marketing Ebooks. So I would keep the title of my homepage as Internet Marketing Ebooks or Internet Marketing Ebooks from ABCMarketing, Inc Try to keep your targeted keywords at the very first of the Title.

2.Try to limit the length of your title within 60-65 characters. Remember the least amount of words you place in the title, the more weight Google will give to each of the keywords and the higher you will rank.

3.Keep unique titles for each page. Don't use same titles for multiple pages or else your titles will be competing against each other, diluting each other's impact.

4.Avoid using unnecessary words in the Title such as and,from etc. These are most commonly used words and therefore search engines don't take such words into account while they produce search results. Such words don't do any good but on the contrary eat away valuable space from your title.

5.Try to create a title which contains your targeted keywords, at least once and no more than 3 times and at the same time is a bit different and more appealing than those of your competitors. Such a way you will not only rank higher in the search results but will also have a good Click-Thru-Rate as the unique title will make your page stand out from the rest and attract more visitors. Remember, while using search engines, people click on links that appeal to them.

I feel that these things will help you make a great Search Engine friendly title and will help you attain a higher position in the SERPs.

What do u say
Posted On: Tuesday 27th of November 2012 01:02:06 AM Total Views:  215
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Search Engine Optimization PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

What are the tips to obtain quality backlinks?

Help me to know how to build a valuable dofollow backlinks for my site. Its a web development and designing firm. Give me some links and ideas to improve quality backlinks for my site. Hope DP masters will help me to find out solution. Thanking you
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 25th September 2012
View Replies!

New to SEO, I am seeking some good beginner resources and tips. Take a look.

I am posting here to learn a bit and get idea's about how to develop, host, and SEO my future website. I have created and finished 100% of the content on a free website builder. It is a content rich site in my field of real estate lending, hard money, and commercial mortgages. The look or design of the website i will leave to a professional. My yola site served as the rough draft and it looks pretty good. My largest concern is the SEO aspect of all this. Many companies offer "packages" to do this for me and i am very distrustful of how good or usefull they will be or how long any ranking i get on google will last. I would like any good valid idea's on how to go about getting this done in a cost effective results based way. What should i avoid What are the best ongoing ways for me to gain ranking and optimize SEO, such as social networking back links ect. I am completly new to this i have never published a website. I am a mortgage guy not a computer guy. But i research everything first before i pay someone to do anything for me. Also i wanted to ask about template sites. There are many pre made mortgage sites that my colleagues buy that represent real estate brokerages. My fear is that being that they are generic and mass produced that they are unsearchable Also if i used a real estate template site for the "look" but had them convert my 100% original material to it would be different. Or should i stay away from real estate template packaged deals all together They are inexpensive and look pretty good, they just look generic. Also what do you think a reasonable cost budget would be to get real estate website project such as mine going Lastly would it help if i had a domain name that is actually one of the search phrase's that clients would search for me under I am basically looking for Site development and SEO 101 here. Any area's you could point me to that are legitimate learning resources, would be much appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 26th September 2012
View Replies!

Seo tips (newbie)

hi ! Im new to all this and im a little embarrassed to say i dont have clue what im doing is there any tips that can help a newbie within the world of seo Thnak
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

5 Effective Search engine optimization tips for newbie.

Content is King : Always make sure that, the contents on your blog is top most priority. Do not copy others articles. Googles SEO TOC says if Google bot finds a copied content then your blog is trashed. Keywords: Keywords are very important factor in SEO. Collect some of the greatest and most accurate keywords from your blog and write it down or put it to notepad. Always use those keywords in your every new posts at least once. Comments on Other Blogs (Do-Follow blogs): Collect some popular do-follow blogs and keep commenting on them, search for do-follow blogs using Google and add them to your list. Commenting on do-follow blogs gives you valued back links and also the good page rank from Google. Commenting only niche blogs also gives you high page ranks. RSS feeds: Submit your RSS feed to feed submission websites. This makes your website always available for search engines and also gets you free traffic from those sites. Guest Article : Writing Guest articles on other blogs will help you gain good page rank and traffic. Almost popular blogs lets its visitors to write guest articles on their blogs. In my blog also you can write guest posts. , Quote: Originally Posted by DarrenHaye Oh no wait that is what not to do! I thought the correct keyword density was 3.4362%. Has there been an update to the algorithm
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 5th October 2012
View Replies!

Top seo tips

Hi forum member I am Design Above and let we discuss top seo tips,which very use full for any company or individual. 1>. Search Your Keywords Wisely I have analyzed people just see a keyword with HIGH number of searches and start doing SEO for it . NO ! Never do it . If your TARGET is to earn through ADSENSE then first check the CPC , CPC means cost per click .It means how much you will be paid for that particular keyword.Also see how many ADVERTISERS are for that keyword . Because if there are not enough advertisers then your ads will not be displayed in some countries . But if your TARGET is to earn through AFFILIATES , then there is no need to go for CPC. 2>. Analyze What Your Visitors Really Want Each content on your website must be exactly according to visitors need , means if someone comes to your website by searching Oral infection home remedy then it means he wants to know only home treatments .So on that page discuss only about home treatments. 3>.Make sure you have done on page optimization on your max You should do on page optimization in the perfect way , you can read these seo tips and tricks for on page optimization here
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 9th October 2012
View Replies!

Google Adsence tips

now a days google adsence gives more money to his publishers.....Friends u want adsence account contact me , i will come with in three hours
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

My site should be higher? tips? help please

Hi all, I am pretty new to SEO but have been reading about some good ways to get a good ranking. My website is (hair-21). The search engine i am working with is the biggest to start with "google". The seach term i am entering is "mobile hairdresser bournemouth" I am a bit confussed as to why my site is only ranked 11th for the above search term I have taken a look at the sites code that rank above mine and see that some of them look like they have much poorer code and some have not included things that i have. Some have less back links then mine when i check within google. So far i have done the following: checked my html is valid added a site map submited my site to google added meta tags changed my titles to include search term added back links where i could If any one can point me in the right directions as to why im only ranked 11th id be very very greatful. many
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Any SEO tips for a newbie?

I know nothing about SEO.....is there an FAQ or introduction to SEO thread
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Want some tips for on page optimization ?

Hi all, I want to know something for on page optimization. Please give me some advise on it. In advance
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

.htaccess tips

This is my 100th post, so I am going to try to make it somewhat useful Below I show some common uses of .htaccess which I use myself on many sites. Many of you will find no new information here, but hopefully it will help some! Code: Options -Indexes This causes the server not to list the contents of directories (when there is no index). This keeps people from typing in http://www.example.com/images/ (or any other directory) and getting a list of the files. Code: AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .htm This code tells your server to process PHP code in files with the .htm extension. Some servers allready do this by default, but many do not. You can also add .html to the end (or any other extension) if you like. This will keep you from having to rename files to php if you add scripts in later, and also I just happen to like it more Code: ErrorDocument 400 /errors/400.htm ErrorDocument 401 /errors/401.htm ErrorDocument 403 /errors/403.htm ErrorDocument 404 /errors/404.htm ErrorDocument 500 /errors/500.htm The control panel of many hosts let you set the custom error pages, but doing it directly is just as easy. I use these 5 common ones. Just create your pretty error pages, and point to them in .htaccess. Code: redirectPermanent /somepage.htm http://www.example.com/index.htm Just a basic redirect example here. For when you get rid of a page and want all links to it to just point to the index. Code: redirectMatch 301 ^/old_directory/(.*) http://www.example.com/index.htm Here we get a little fancier. This is for when you remove an entire directory. It will make any link to that directory (including all pages and sub-pages in it) go back to your main index. Code: redirectMatch 301 ^/subsite/(.*) http://www.example.com/$1 redirectMatch 301 ^/subsite http://www.example.com/$1 Say you have a sub-site on your domain.. in the 'subsite' directory, and you moved it to its own domain. These two redirects will take all possible link combinations and redirect them to the new domain. Even if the link is like this : /subsite/1/2/3/4/index.php it will redirect to www.example.com/1/2/3/4/index.php. The two lines give you better flexibility. It handles all combinations of trailing slashes, directories/files, and www. prefixes. Code: Options +FollowSymLinks RewriteEngine on This code gets the server ready for the next few things we will do Code: RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^example.(.*) RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.example.com/$1 [R=301,L] This bit of code is quite usefull. It will take any links that do not have www in them, and add it to the URL. This means no matter how they link to you, your full domain (with the www) will get the backlink. Code: RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://www.example.com/.*$ [NC] RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://www.example.com$ [NC] RewriteRule .*\.(jpg|jpeg|gif|png|bmp)$ http://www.example.com/index.htm [R,NC] This is basic hot-link protection code. I did have two other lines added to it (to take care of the times when the link does not contain the www) but if you use the last tip, you do not have to worry about it. Just make sure to put them in order (so the www gets added before the hot-link protection). This will only allow hot-linking from your site. If you want to add another site, just add the appropriate lines. Now if you want to sometimes allow hot-linking, here is a good method. Create a directory called 'share' (or whatever) and stick in a new .htaccess file with only this line: Code: RewriteEngine off This will counter-act the global .htaccess, and allow hot-linking from whatever directory you stick it in (and sub-directories) Any questions Corrections , kmanig, you got little tutorial here: http://forums.seochat.com/showthread.phpp=234516
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Some tips on marketing my store?

I have a niche store that's making a little bit of money through AdWords PPC promotion, but I desperately want to build some organic traffic. The site is an eBay affilliate site promoting a high-end fashion brand (but I couldn't post the URL because I'm a newbie). If you're interested in seeing it, please PM me. I think I have it pretty optimized in terms of SEO, so the next thing I have to decide is whether to pursue aggressive article marketing, paid directories, or blogging of some sort. Does anyone have any recommendations about what I should do next
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Tooltips = content to SEs?

I recently put RSS feeds of related articles on my site. One cool part about the plug-in I have is that I can choose to show tooltips with text of the article (can specifiy the word count to choose how much of the article to preview...) My question is, does anyone know if the content that pops up in the tooltip box gets indexed and counts towards the content of my site, or if only the article titles and links would be counted (www 5pcom com)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Building a new site in PHP - tips??

I'm building a new site in PHP and want to make sure that everything is perfect in terms of SEO. I'm trying to compile a list of all of the factors that will affect my SEO campaign, that are also specific concerns due to my use of the PHP scripting language. So far I really have nothing to go on. I would really appreciate any feedback, as I'm a newbie when it comes to PHP.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

htaccess tips Part 2. mod rewrite apache

.htaccess tips Part 2. How to rewrite advanced url's on apache Part 1. is here: http://forums.seochat.com/showthread.phpp=121601 I have test all this. Use absolute paths for everything, example: Some quick stuff: ([a-z]+) - just small letters ([A-Z]+) - just big letters ([0-9]+) - just numbers ([a-zA-Z_-]+) - small and big letters and minus (-) ([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+) - small and big letters, numbers and minus (-) (.*) - everything - warning!!!! don't ever use - this have to much permissions Example 1. www.domain.com/index.phpcategory=search-engine-optimization 1. solution: Code: Options +FollowSymLinks RewriteEngine On RewriteRule ^([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+)$ index.phpcategory=$1 [R=301,L] results: www.domain.com/search-engine-optimization 2. solution: Code: Options +FollowSymLinks RewriteEngine On RewriteRule ^category/([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+)$ index.phpcategory=$1 [R=301,L] results: www.domain.com/category/search-engine-optimization 3. solution Code: Options +FollowSymLinks RewriteEngine On RewriteRule ^([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+).html$ index.phpcategory=$1 [R=301,L] results: www.domain.com/search-engine-optimization.html 4. solution Code: Options +FollowSymLinks RewriteEngine On RewriteRule ^category/([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+).html$ index.phpcategory=$1 [R=301,L] results: www.domain.com/category/search-engine-optimization.html 5. solution Code: Options +FollowSymLinks RewriteEngine On RewriteRule ^category/([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+)/$ index.phpcategory=$1 [R=301,L] results: www.domain.com/category/search-engine-optimization/ Example 2. www.domain.com/index.phpcategory=internet&subcategory=search-engine-optimization 1. solution: Code: Options +FollowSymLinks RewriteEngine On RewriteRule ^([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+)/([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+)$ index.phpcategory=$1&subcategory=$2 [R=301,L] results: www.domain.com/internet/search-engine-optimization 2. solution: Code: Options +FollowSymLinks RewriteEngine On RewriteRule ^category/([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+)/subcategory/([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+)$ index.phpcategory=$1&subcategory=$2 [R=301,L] results: www.domain.com/category/internet/subcategory/search-engine-optimization 3. solution: Code: Options +FollowSymLinks RewriteEngine On RewriteRule ^([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+)/([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+).html$ index.phpcategory=$1&subcategory=$2 [R=301,L] results: www.domain.com/internet/search-engine-optimization.html 4. solution: Code: Options +FollowSymLinks RewriteEngine On RewriteRule ^category/([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+)/subcategory/([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+).html$ index.phpcategory=$1&subcategory=$2 [R=301,L] results: www.domain.com/category/internet/subcategory/search-engine-optimization.html 5. solution: Code: Options +FollowSymLinks RewriteEngine On RewriteRule ^category/([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+)/subcategory/([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+)/$ index.phpcategory=$1&subcategory=$2 [R=301,L] results: www.domain.com/category/internet/subcategory/search-engine-optimization/ Example 3. www.domain.com/index.phpcategory=internet&subcategory=search-engine-optimization&more=articles 1. solution: Code: Options +FollowSymLinks RewriteEngine On RewriteRule ^([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+)/([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+)/([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+)$ index.phpcategory=$1&subcategory=$2&more=$3 [R=301,L] results: www.domain.com/internet/search-engine-optimization/articles 2. solution: Code: Options +FollowSymLinks RewriteEngine On RewriteRule ^category/([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+)/subcategory/([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+)/more/([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+)$ index.phpcategory=$1&subcategory=$2&more=$3 [R=301,L] results: www.domain.com/category/internet/subcategory/search-engine-optimization/more/articles 3. solution: Code: Options +FollowSymLinks RewriteEngine On RewriteRule ^([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+)/([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+)/([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+).html$ index.phpcategory=$1&subcategory=$2&more=$3 [R=301,L] results: www.domain.com/internet/search-engine-optimization/articles.html 4. solution: Code: Options +FollowSymLinks RewriteEngine On RewriteRule ^category/([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+)/subcategory/([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+)/more/([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+).html$ index.phpcategory=$1&subcategory=$2&more=$3 [R=301,L] results: www.domain.com/category/internet/subcategory/search-engine-optimization/more/articles.html 5. solution: Code: Options +FollowSymLinks RewriteEngine On RewriteRule ^category/([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+)/subcategory/([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+)/more/([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+)/$ index.phpcategory=$1&subcategory=$2&more=$3 [R=301,L] results: www.domain.com/category/internet/subcategory/search-engine-optimization/more/articles/ more resources: Apache mod rewrite docs Apache RewriteBase docs Mod rewrite forum Absolute and Relative paths SEW mod rewrite tips and tricks i can't remember anything else, enjoy in rewriting
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Page 5 - Must use this SEO tips!

Quote: Originally Posted by lowell a few additions to this helpful list: * use wordtracker.com to research the proper keywords for your site. * include your keywords in the alt tags of images. * use the H1 tag for page headings (you can alter the way h1 displays text with CSS. . .). * submit to gimpsy.com and goguides.org (these are free directories) why do i have a feeling your making money off these pr6 directories $40 for submission huh no
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Some basic tips of where to start please

, we had our website developed by some so called "experts" however after a lot of wasted time and effort the site is up and it comes nowhere in the search pages (its been up for about 6months). Having looked at the code of the site and using some of the tools on here i've come to the conclusion that it probably will never attain a ranking. For example using the code to text tool the homepage has 17k page 16k code 1k txt which I dont think sounds very good. I think we need to redevelop our site and this time from the ground up think of SEO which obviously the previous didnt (theres even errors with our meta tags when using the tool analyser) Anyway after starting to read through the forums I was hoping to get some basic tips on where to start and the things we should be thinking about, any advice would be much appreciated. Many
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

SEO tips for company blog?

At the recommendation of others I've created a company blog mainly to keep my current customers informed of company news but also to help generate traffic by writing industry specific articles from time to time. I created the blog in wordpress (with SEO plugins) hosted on our own servers, and linked to from our home page. I've read lots on promoting blogs to search engines and sites like Technorati, Digg, Stumbleupon etc. but since our blog is going to be 90% specific to our company what can I do for the remaining 10% of articles on our blog that are going to be of more interest to a wider audience For example there are a few recent articles that I have submitted to Digg, Technorati, Delicious, Stumpleupon, Furl etc. a few weeks ago but no links back. Should I be looking at article submission for these or something else Many thanks! , I have to admit that the one localised blog that I've put up got a surprising amount of traffic compared to others which I worked much longer and harder on to target larger, global audiences. So there's definitely something in this.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Redesigning Website - Need tips to maintain high ranking

I manage a static website (no blog, ajax, rss, etc.)... updates are made manually by handcoding HTML a few times a month. The website has been optimized to rank high on deed keywords. (ie. ranked #1 of 147,000,000 and others ranked #1 of 24-27,000,000 by Google) I want to redesign and develop the website. This redesign will include the use of a CMS (Joomla). The entire site's structure, layout, navigation, and features will change. I am concerned an overhaul to this degree may affect ranking. It is essential that SE ranking remain high. What steps should be taken to ensure high ranking
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

Traffic starting to stagnate any tips on how to increase it?

this is my first post here so I'm sorry if its in the wrong section. But here goes my site hxxp://ienjoydesign.blogspot.com has been getting quite regular visits each week and I am quite happy with the traffic increase so far, to get those visits I use a couple of methods a. I post to about 30 social bookmarking sites I also use twitter and facebook. But I seem to be leveling out at around about 40 people per day and have been getting that number for about a week now. Is there anything I can do to continue to increase the amount of traffic I am getting so I can start getting in to the 100's of visits a day
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

SEO tips for different countries

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has any good tips for SEO in different countries besides, registering appropriate domain and using geo target keywords. I have a client that wants to optimise for all asian countries and we want to target english speaking poeple in China, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Japan, South Africa. Kind of a dumb question, but is there a better domain to use to target all these areas or should I seperate or just a .com Many
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 27th November 2012
View Replies!