10 Tips to Keep Members Glued to Your Site

The more times your customers visit your site, the more time they will have invested in your relationship and the more they will come to trust and rely on you. By building up their loyalty in this way, there is more chance that they will buy from you, follow your advice and buy your affiliate products, or click on ads that you recommend.

Put simply, a sticky site equals customer loyalty. Customer loyalty equals revenue.

1. Content - We cant stress the importance of content enough. Keep the content up to date, and time sensitive. Remove out of date content so that it doesnt affect the credibility of your site.

2. Give your site a personality - There is a huge amount of information on the internet, and you can be sure your members could find what you are providing elsewhere. What your members are really paying for is the way you present that information.

3. Remain focused on your niche - Dont forget that your members joined your site because they had an interest in your niche. While it is fine to include content on a slightly different subject if you are sure it will be relevant and interesting. Never lose sight of your original subject. Wander too far off the subject and your may find your customers wandering off your member list.

4. Make information easy to find - Ensure the content on your membership site is organized in such a way that your members will find what they want easily. If your members view your site as a valuable information resource rather than just another website, they will want to us it again and again.

5. Provide what your customers want - Encourage your customers to ask for an article or information on a certain subject if they cant find it. Writing an article specifically for one customer may seem like a lot of work, but if you think long term, that customer may then stay with you for the lifetime of your membership site.

6. Keep in touch with your members - Contacting your members via e-mail is essential to keep them engaged with your site. Send your members updates, informative newsletters, and reminders, and ask them for their feedback.

7. Ask them to take part in surveys - Ask your members to complete a survey about your membership site and then make sure you act on their feedback and let them know you have done so. Send out a special edition of your newsletter showing some of the results of your survey and detailing how you have responded and any changes you have made. Feeling that they have had a hand in shaping your site will really make your members feel engaged in your online community.

8. ow customization of your homepage - Having some functions that your members personalize on your site will really make them feel involved. Even a simple message at the top of the home page saying Welcome back [member name] will have a huge impact on making your members feel valued.

9. Build a sense of community - Being part of an online community is one of the main reasons your members will renew their membership. Here are a few additional tips on creating that sense of community.

10. Promote an active forum - This provides a place for your members to get to know each other and begin to care about each other. Stopping their membership once they have become involved in your forum would be like losing a whole group of friends. Provide a function that allows your members to send private messages between each other. If you run competitions, or encourage your members to submit content, make sure you acknowledge the winners or contributors. Nothing makes a member feel a part of your site like seeing their name in the latest newsletter.
Posted On: Tuesday 27th of November 2012 12:58:29 AM Total Views:  89
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Search Engine Optimization PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

101 ways to drive traffic to your website

1. Join MyBlogLog, add and join communities. 2. Sign up for Technorati and ping it when your blog content changes. 3. Use a ping service like pingomatic to ping RSS aggregators. 4. Submit your blog to all of the directories on Robin Goods list of RSS directories. 5. Use trackbacks. 6. Leave comments on blogs in related niches. 7. Tell your friends about your blog and specific posts. 8. Put your blog URL in your forum signatures. 9. Create link bait. 10. Tell Your newsletter subscribers about your blog. 11. Write press releases for your blog. 12. Link liberally to other blogs in your posts (many bloggers check who links to them). 13. Tag your posts using Technorati tags or a tag plug-in. 14. Submit your posts to multiple social bookmarking sites using OnlyWire. 15. Use Stumbleupon to stumble your posts. 16. Answer questions on Yahoo answers with the answers on your blog. 17. Answer questions on forums related to your niche with a link to one of your blog posts that answers the question. 18. Set up a feed on MyYahoo so that Yahoo keeps better track of your blog. 19. Make lists (My Top 5, Ten Things, etc.). Many of the most popular blog posts are lists like this one. 20. Use pictures. Most of the top trafficed blogs use pictures in their posts. 21. Use video on your blog. 22. Find out what people want to learn about in your blogs niche and write about it. 23. Be the first to break a news story. 24. Use keyword research to find good keywords to use in your posts. 25. Write controversial posts. 26. Strongly Agree or strongly disagree with other bloggers and write about it with a link to their post. 27. Make it easy for your readers to sign up for your RSS feed. 28. Make it easy for your readers to Digg your posts. 29. Ask your readers to submit your posts to social bookmarking sites (Digg, Reddit, etc.). 30. Interview well known people in your industry (its working well for me). 31. Give credit to the blogs that inspire your posts. 32. Dont be boring. 33. Write for beginners. 34. Participate in group writing projects. 35. Participate in blog memes. 36. Create a blog meme and tag your friends. 37. Participate in blog carnivals. 38. Post at different times of the day. 39. Submit your best posts to article directories. 40. Write Killer Content. 41. Start a group blog. These tend to get more traffic, because more people are creating conent and more people are promoting it. 42. Have guest posters. 43. Create a blog meme and tag an A-list blogger who you like. 44. Submit your blog to regular web directories (like DMOZ, etc.). 45. Join SpicyPage and promote your blog on it. 46. Join a blog webring. 47. Sign up for BlogWoods and promote your blog on it. 48. Join LinkAndBlog and do link and blog challenges. 49. Submit your best posts to Netscape. 50. Exchange Ads (not blogroll links) with complementary blogs. 51. Trade blog roll links with related blogs. 52. Sign up for Rojo. Subscribe to your feed and click add mojo on your better articles. 53. Add a plug-in to notify users of new comments (I REALLY need to do this). 54. Make it easy for your visitors to submit your post to ALL social bookmarking sites (not just Digg). 55. Add a tell-a-friend script or plug-in to your posts. 56. Make it easy for your visitors to bookmark your page in their browser. 57. Make it easy for people to link to your blog. 58. Use easy to read fonts. 59. Use a professional looking blog design. 60. Make your blog easy to navigate. 61. Highlight your most popular posts. 62. Write posts that ask provocative questions. 63. Use questions for the title of your blog posts (you knew that was coming). 64. Use good keywords in your post titles. 65. Reply to every question you get through email. 66. Reply to every question you get on your blog. 67. E-mail other bloggers about your really good post(s) (breaking news posts). 68. Offer free stuff related to your niche (tools, ebooks, etc). 69. Run a contest. 70. Publish videos on YouTube with the URL for your site at the beginning and end of the video. 71. Install a translation plug-in or use a translation service to translate your blog into foreign languages. 72. Put Your URL on everything that goes out of your house (business cards, stationary, mailing labels, etc.). 73. Go through listible.coms list of web 2.0 sites and promote your blog on all web 2.0 sites that apply. 74. Search for Wikis related to your niche to submit your blog to. For example, for this blog the search phrase would be make money online wiki or internet marketing wiki. 75. Give regular polls (use a poll plug-in like democracy for this). 76. Add trivia quiz pages. 77. Add ecard pages. 78. Add a forum for your visitors to discuss more on your niche. 79. Add a wiki to your blog . 80. Join Hubpages and post links to your blog from articles you write. 81. Join Blink List and make a list of blogs with your blog in it. 82. Join 43 Things and write a list of 43 things you want to achieve (include your blog url in the list). 83. Join Blogger Party (and/or other free blog systems). Then write posts that link back to your blog. 84. Make a Squidoo lens (or more than one) with a link to your blog. 85. Provide Wikipedia articles with links to your blog where it makes sense. 86. Tell people you will link back to them if they review your blog (like John Chow). 87. Join Blog Catalog (kind of like MyBlogLog). 88. Create a MySpace Page. Put your blog on it, and get some friends. 89. Use SEO (Search Engine Optimization). 90. Use good grammar. People will be happy with your writing. 91. Submit your blog to directories in your niche. 92. Email or Instant message your friends to Digg, stumbelupon, etc. your post. 93. Link to your blog from other websites and blogs you own. 94. Write a post about the top x bloggers in your niche or state or country, etc. Then tell them about, so they will want to link back to you. 95. Promote your posts on related newsgroups. 96. Post frequently. 97. Submit your site to free website review sites like coolsiteoftheday. 98. Search for .edu sites with link pages, forums, directories, and wikis to submit your link to. 99. Give out blogging awards and tell the bloggers you are giving the awards to about it. 100. Pray. (Thats just always good advice)... 101. Make a 101 list.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 16th October 2012
View Replies!

Page 2 - What to do with $100,000

Quote: Originally Posted by fathom if you got to ask here what to do with someone elses $100K you likely misrepresented yourself in the first place... so doing it again won't make things worse. Misrepresent yourself 10 times (10 X $100K = $1 million) then move to Mexico. Si! , You know what\t You are a genius..A SEO Genius Congrats, 5000 takes hell lot of patience and dedication..You have it all.. The concrete Man (SEO)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

I got $1000 dollars for SEO funding.....

, My boss recently sanctioned me $1000 for SEO funding.Any advise where should i invest..i am planning to use the money for paid directory submissions like yahoo dir,joeant and many others.do you think its a good idea or i should i invest it somewhere else.the site is a global job board. Any ideas on where should spend it \t\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Page 3 - How long did it take you to make $100 per month, every month?

ferret77 - you're 100% right there. I'd advice people posting on this thread to be "vague" at least
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Is it possible to submit a site to get 1000's of links at once????

I am brand new to link building --- Should I build links slowly, 1 by 1..... Or, are there ways to get a TON of links at once, such as submitting a site to a real estate directory that submits it to 1000's of others
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How can I Get 1 to 10 Top Ranking In Google

I am doing SEO Ranking Report but I was facing lots of problem for getting top 10 ranking. How can i gent Top Ranking Can You Please Suggest Me.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How long did it take you to make $100 per month, every month?

How long did it take you to make $100 per month, every month or more of course...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Traffic from content 101

I have a daily E-zine and i get approx 5 articles per day (average of approx 500 words each) I would like to know what on-page optimization i can do what can i include or avoid when i am editing the articles that i receive each day Currently i make sure the title has a couple of my keywords in it, then when i start the article i show the title again as a H2 Finally i have a mod-rewrite so that the title will be in the URL. But what else can i do should i keep mentioning words from the title as much as possible in the article and if so should i make them all bold or what about making them anchor links linking to that page Any other tips would be great, it would be a major waste to have a good source of content and not make the most of it. Cheers
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Top 100 sites? Worth their salt?

I was cruising the web for those top 100 sites. I found one - top100biz dot com - Worth it It's free. You just place their button on your pages. Can it hurt Help It looks like a nice directory just from my browsing it for a few minutes.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Yahoo Officially Powered By BING August 24, 2010

Well it's official: As of today, now, Yahoo's results come from or are powered by Bing. This all according to the Official Yahoo Blog. Now as it stands yahoo as a search company is no more. The results will be coming through the Microsoft platform (BING). I'm fine with this. I wonder though: will the search results be exactly the same on Yahoo's search page as they would be on BINGS I just checked and they weren't. I searched Top Hats and Yahoo's results contained results that BING's didn't but they were very close - maybe off by two. What will we have here Will the search results be uniformed among Yahoo searches powered by BING and BING search results Would this be a server issue The great part about this for SEO's is the more refined and equal the search results come between the two our work load will be be nicely reduced too. We will basically no longer need to show the three columns - Google - Yahoo - BING.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to waste money using adwords 101

Have you ever done a search for godaddy... they use adwords for their own businessname duh.... and also rank #1-#21 in the SERP's for their various subdomains. I only picked this up after watching a client use his computer a couple of times, I told him to go to godaddy and instead of typing the address into the address bar he did a search, and instead of clicking on the first or any organic result they clicked on the adwords ad. I'm sure there are other people that do this, but what is the use of paying for your own business name in adwords, especially if you rule the serps anyway, I mean with godaddy no-one else is going to use that as a adwords keyword, and if they tried i would say that they would get a cease and desist letter quick smart. Lynny is wandering away scratching head....
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

What Are Your Top Seo Tips For 2010

! I have been scouring this forum and have found A TON of very useful information on SEO. However, some of it was quite dated. So I'm curious to see what your top SEO tips are for 2010. Thank you and definitely appreciate your responses!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 17th October 2012
View Replies!

SEO Trends for 2010

Online market is growing rapidly and it will continue to grow in much more better way in 2010. As all of us know, there is a huge contribution of search engines mainly of Google in online marketing. Websites which tops in Google ranking will undoubtedly get huge volume of visitors to the websites than the other sources. Only way to top the search engines is Search Engine Optimization SEO. It is likely to be a question in SEO expert's mind that it is reliable to continue with current SEO strategy in order to rule the search rankings or there will be some dramatic changes in Google's algorithm for improved search engine results. In fact, the Google has already began to show some variation in ranking with some hard to solve formulas for SEO masters. Some of the notable variation in Google search results in 2010 will be: * Geo location of any search query: Google search engine algorithms may pay more attention geo location of any search query. That means search results in Google.com may vary in USA and UK for same keyword. The percentage of variation in results may vary upon competition of querying keyword. Means higher the competition, higher the variation. * Great role of Social Media and Social Networking: Social media and social networking sites like FaceBook, Twitter will also have some noticeable impact on search engine results in 2010. It does already have some talk to include twits from the twitter in search engine results. So it's time to include social media optimization as one of the search engine optimisation strategies for SEO companies. * Back-links from Low PR and Irrelevant websites: Yes. This point is directly pointing to directory submissions, link farms and reciprocal link exchanges. Google is very smart and getting more and more smart and hard with spammers. Continuous back-links from low PR and irrelevant websites may really hurt your rankings. It's also useless to use two-way (reciprocal) or three-way link exchanges in an order to improve rankings. Google is having the number of heads with PhDs and for them it is not hard to find two-way or three-way links. * Google will no more equal to Search Engine: Yes. After dominating nearly a decade, Google is now facing very tough competition in search engine market with rivals like Yahoo and Bing. Even though Yahoo is not as much effective as Bing because Bing is really giving some very good and relevant results in compare to Yahoo. In 2010, Google will definitely have to face some great challenges from Bing. In addition, if Yahoo/Bing partnership will come into reality than it would be biggest search engine revolution in the decade. * Some other small but important factors: Page load time, bounce rate, domain age would remain some other factor which may gain some importance in search engine results of Google. Google has already announced that page load time would be a factor in search engine result pages, to give user improved and fast loading websites in search results. Search engine market is developing quickly. So you can expect some exciting and new trends to emerge for search engine optimisation SEO industry in 2010. It's been time to change your online marketing strategies as New Year begins with some more stirring market trends and techniques. It is advisable to left those SEO services company which are using old-age SEO strategies in order to give higher search engine rankings. Get some advice from expert SEO consultancy in an order to step forward in highly competitive market. Finally, it's time to get smarter with new trends and technology in 2010. Removed link to your website
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 17th October 2012
View Replies!

I need SEO service to web directory to Top 10 Google

I need bring my website 3 keywords to first page of Google search results No black hat. keywords: submit url directory ( 34 place) submit url (135 place) submit directory (110 place) Requirements: 1. all keywords must appear on Google.com server. 2. You will update me on the progress of the site on weekly basis. 3. payment after when I will see top 50 1/3 top 30 2/3 and then top 10 No advance (being the past bitter experience, sorry!) 4. We will pay a monthly fee if you maintain us at the top of Google.com and then I can give you more websites. Please send me PM Please give me a price for each keyword and time
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 10th November 2012
View Replies!

10 Ways to Get Banned by the Search Engines

When you build your website, you, of course, want to get high rankings in the search engines. There are lots of ways to do this and lots of ways to NOT do this. Below are 10 things I've seen listed onine to avoid if you want to be in good standing with the search engines. I feel like sharing it with all of you, and hope it will help you all. 1. Duplicate Content/Sites Do not set up multiple sites or site pages using basically the same content with a few different keywords spread around. This does not fool the search engines. 2. Cloaking Cloaking is when a website or webpage is set up to show different content for a search engine spider than the human visitors. The cloaked page (for the spiders) is stuffed with keywords in an attempt to get higher rankings. What it can get you is banned! 3. Linking to Bad Neighborhoods Be careful who you link to because you can be found guilty by association. Do not link to non-family friendly websites and unethical websites. 4. Title Stacking This is simply trying to give each page more than one title tag so you can use more keywords to get higher rankings. The search engines consider this a dirty little trick. 5. Doorway Pages Doorway or gateway pages are pages that are set-up for one keyword topic but then they take you to different content. These pages usually have little value in the way of content and have little to do with the rest of the site. They are used solely to try to get a higher rank in the search engines. 6. Redirect Pages Redirect pages are set up to rank high in the search engines but when you click on the page, it will take you to another page which is usually a sales page for a product or service. So, what you see isnt what you get! 7. Automated Submission Services - Do not use automated submission services. They are against Googles TOS and can get you banned. 8. Hidden Links This is when a link is added to a page in such a small size that it cannot be seen by human visitors but can be picked up by the search engine spiders. This might work for a time but when the search engines discover it, you will be penalized! 9. Keyword Stuffing Keyword stuffing or spamming is simply being too repetitive with your keywords as to the extent of your content not being sensible. For example if your keywords are cat food and your text reads something like this: When your cat gets hungry be sure to feed them this cat food because your cat will like this cat food. This cat food comes in an easy to open cat food can and contains fish, chicken and healthy ingredients that all cat food should have. So, when your cat is hungry for cat food, give them this cat food because this cat food is the best cat food for your cat! You can easily see why this kind of keyword stuffing should not be used. 10. Invisible Text This is when you hide text by using the same color text and background. The invisible text is meant for the search engines only and not for visitors. This is done so you can stuff a lot more keywords on your page without wrecking your content. The search engines will discover this and they will penalize you! Be careful not to use these Black Hat SEO methods because it could cause you a lot of trouble with the search engines. Be careful as well, who you hire to work on your site because some of these things can be done without your knowledge and cause your site to get banned or penalized. (originally writen by Terri Seymour)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

Page 2 - 10 Ways to Get Banned by the Search Engines

Quote: Originally Posted by fathom Honestly, this really baffles me because if Google can't automatically identify all bad neighborhoods and boot them from results... and then say "don't link to websites that aren't in Google" (as a identifier) how can we possibly determine with a bad neighborhood is It does make for a great cliche but really... but I asked hundreds of people to point one out... they generally can't. That is my point. If I say it is a bad neighborhood, you could just as easily say it is a legitimate business, or a valuable resource page, or a jumping off point for people looking for "insert questionable search term here" I think, what determines a websites worth is still its value by the general users. If the triple xxx links page has a lot of links from others in the triple xx community then it is a page of value... even to Google... as it is a place where people find such material and thus is useful to its users. would the average soccer mom consider it a bad neighborhood... by all means. But it isn't Google's job to determine the morality of its search results, it is there to provide relevant results to a query. So people can judge bad neighborhoods, but it is subjective. An automated program can not unless it has rules programmed into it that determine what a bad neighborhood is based on its variables. So even if Google could judge bad neighborhoods according to its rules, then it would have to identify those rules for us to accurate do the same.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

Need help breaking into the top 10

Hi , I need some suggestions as i know that lots of experts are here. The problem is my website is stuck on 13th position (2nd page) on google and making no progress. I want it to trip up to the top ten. I'm using off page techniques like Forum's posting, blog comenting , web 2.0 and social book marking but no return... stuck on 13th, 13th with both keywords, please suggest me some techniques to get it on first page of google.. Your replies will be highly appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 22nd November 2012
View Replies!

100 inbound links per day

Hi Is it dangerous to get 100 (or near to 100) inbound links per day for a website. If you people consider this as spam then anybody can beat his/her competitors by building so much amount of links per day for competitor website. Please suggest
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 25th November 2012
View Replies!

2010 SEO Strategy

Guys, I am developing a strategy in-house to improve organic rankings for the 2010 year. I wanted to run by what I have and then of course, any suggestions has... **Please keep in mind I am a firm believer SEO is a comprehensive effort, so if I put improve anchor text, I understand it isn't high priority, but still plays a small factor to the overall picture. What I have proposed: - Improved content (article section, better PR section, blog, improved keyword placement and so on) - Page title improvements - Anchor text and alt text improvements - List of targeted keywords and search queries - Improved sitemap - real-time search optimization - tracking tools - linking strategies (separate strategy all together actually) - Analyzed all current pages in regards to the aforementioned This obviously covers a lot of the basics, but I am wondering what I am missing and any tips you can shell out. As always
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

CPanel 310 Redirect & Webmaster Tools

An interesting thing happened when I set up a non www to www permanent redirect using cPanel. (cPanel created an .htaccess file and placed on the root of the server). After some time we noticed new links were not showing up on webmaster tools. We decided to remove the redirection again via cPanel and the next day links began to update again. I'm very curious as to why this happened and if its happening to others as well. TIA, A
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!