windows authentication/local system logon - Oracle XA

hi,
I am fairly new, and a little confused.
If we want to allow applications such as oracle-xa to log on via dtcc etc, and the user login is currently set to use the local system account, does that user have to have an entry in ora_dba group to be allowed to connect to the database
Can you not use windows authentication without the user being in that group.
I thought that group allowed any specified user to basically connect as SYS and with DBA priviledges. We don't really want the user to have dba priviledges, but do want them to be able to log on to select things from the database.
We are getting errors because the XA transaction manager is attempting to perform recovery with XA resource manager unsuccessfully. It cannot log on to get the in-doubt transactions I believe. But everything else that needs to be in place is in place, just that the windows user is not in the ora_dba group, but he is set to use the local system account to log in.
Posted On: Monday 12th of November 2012 12:06:51 AM Total Views:  613
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Oracle PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

view Oracle database installed on HP-UX from windows

How can i view this database from windows - will Win SQL work If yes then how to create DSN for oracle database - which type of driver should be added - on a windows machine
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 7th November 2012
View Replies!

unable to install oracle 8.1.7 EE on windows 200 prof

I have an intel p 4 1.3 GHz with 40 GB and 128 MB RDRAM. I attempted to install oracle 8.1.7 EE on it and the OUI fails (or dies) as I select install/Deinstall. I am using windows 2000 professional SP 1. What could be the problem Geo.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Why personal 8.1.7 for win 98 does not install in windows milenium edition?

I am trying to install the personal for tests in my house. I have windows milenium edition , and after you vary attempts I did not obtain.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Slow access to v$ views from windows SQL*Plus

RDBMS Version: 9.2.0.4 Operating System and Version: SunOS 5.8 I'm trying to run the following query against Oracle 9.2.0.4 database using different clients (this is just an example,actual queries are different, but suffer from the same problem): select count(*) from v$sesstat; It takes more than a second if I use windows SQL*Plus (9.2.0.4). If I use Linux(client version 9.2.0.1) or Sun box(same machine as a server, 9.2.0.4) to run the same query against the same database I'm recieving the answer right away. I traced two sessions one from windows machine and another from linux box. Linux machine; ******************************************************************************** select count(*) from v$sesstat call count cpu elapsed disk query current rows ------- ------ -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- Parse 1 0.00 0.00 0 0 0 0 Execute 1 0.00 0.00 0 0 0 0 Fetch 2 0.23 0.23 0 0 0 1 ------- ------ -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- total 4 0.23 0.24 0 0 0 1 Misses in library cache during parse: 0 Optimizer goal: CHOOSE Parsing user id: 32 Rows Row Source Operation ------- --------------------------------------------------- 1 SORT AGGREGATE (cr=0 r=0 w=0 time=239699 us) 3523 FILTER (cr=0 r=0 w=0 time=237001 us) 3640 FIXED TABLE FULL X$KSUSESTA (cr=0 r=0 w=0 time=229674 us) 1 FIXED TABLE FULL X$KSUSGIF (cr=0 r=0 w=0 time=10 us) ******************************************************************************** Windows machine: ******************************************************************************** select count(*) from v$sesstat call count cpu elapsed disk query current rows ------- ------ -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- Parse 1 0.00 0.00 0 0 0 0 Execute 1 0.00 0.00 0 0 0 0 Fetch 2 1.58 1.57 0 0 0 1 ------- ------ -------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- total 4 1.58 1.57 0 0 0 1 Misses in library cache during parse: 0 Optimizer goal: CHOOSE Parsing user id: 32 Rows Row Source Operation ------- --------------------------------------------------- 1 SORT AGGREGATE (cr=0 r=0 w=0 time=1572900 us) 3252 FILTER (cr=0 r=0 w=0 time=1570315 us) 3360 FIXED TABLE FULL X$KSUSESTA (cr=0 r=0 w=0 time=1563156 us) 1 FIXED TABLE FULL X$KSUSGIF (cr=0 r=0 w=0 time=129 us) ******************************************************************************** Why such a big difference How to fix it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

unable to install oracle 8.1.6 on pentium 4 ,windows 2000 enterprise edition

hi, i am not able to install oracle 8.1.6 on pentium 4 wondows 2000 enterprise edition machine. Nothing happens..... any ideas
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

PO816 & windows Me

Does PO8 work win me I am geting error in installations. says error in staging area or destination. Any info or link or do I have to revert to win 98 Kailash Pareek
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

OS image copy (windows) to move database and oracle binary (8, 9i) to another server

OS image copy (windows) to move database and oracle binary (8, 9i) to another server with new server name and ip address. Any one have been done this before OS is windows 2000 or 2003. database version is 8i and 9i. As for server name /ip address change, for oracle database, I only need to change tnsnames.ora and listener.ora. May need to make sure init file don't have any server name. May also need to delete OEM agent file. May need to update C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file. Anything else I have to do for change server name and IP address Any one know is there anywhere hard-coded server name in windows registry Any need to delete , then, create oracle services I don't think we need to do this since database instance and database name are same, no change. I know after change server name. OEM will not work. It used to have utility to change servername for OEM. but since it is not in my scope. I jusr ignore this for now. In Unix, there is oracle utility relink(make) to relink oracle binary. Any one know is there any similar oracle utility on windows don't know much about oracle on windows. Thank you for your help. xyz2000
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Two instances for a single database targeting Oracle 10g on windows platform

Hi all, Database: Oracle 10g (Server) Operating system: Windows XP SP2 Now, i want to create two instances for a single database, is that possible With RAC yes, of course that is possible....but normally working on: Steps i followed: 1. Created one more instance with ORADIM utility. 2. The same is displayed appropriately in services.msc 3. Copy/pasted the init.ora file and updated the new copy/pasted db_name to 'ORCL2' where in by default the original init.ora file had db_name as 'ORCL' Instance ORCL2 is not recongized..... Please help,
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Scheduling a Job in windows??

How do you in the Windows enviornment automate a script to run at some predetermined time. I looked at the SCHEDULED TASKS folder in the control panel but the setup wizard is only accepting an .EXE. What if I just want to run a .TXT file script.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

router issue windows xp

I want to access oracle from the internet. I have a netgear router and the PC is connected to the router. The router has an external ip address. I have opened port 1521 on the router and forwarded to the PC that has oracle. What else is needed to connect to the db In the tns names for4 the client the ip address I believe is that of the router. The port is 1521 since that is the port I have opened.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

RAC (10.2) with OCFS on windows 2003

Can some point me to step by step installation of Oracle 10.2 RAC with OCFS on 2 nodes (2 Windows 2003 server). I got one for Oracle 9i with patches from metalink note: 178882.1 but I need for 10.2 version. I have no prior experince with RAC and need step by step info/document/details.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

problems of oracle 8i with windows 2000

What is the problems of oracle 8i with windows 2000
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

startup /shutdown on windows 2000 scripts

does any body have a small scripts to shutdown and startup on windows 2000 \t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

oracle8.1.7 on windows2000- client can't connect

Hi all, I am testing client side connection. Client side: window2000, oracle 8.1.7 client Server: oracle 8.0.5.2.1/NT 4.0 -sp6 I can connect from my laptop to my production DB using sqlplus user/password@Servicename. then I go to registry and set LOCAL=ServiceName (under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/ORACLE/) now I can use user/password to connect to my remote server, and don't have to provide my service name (my laptop is window2000 professional) I have another machine (windows2000 server) and I did the same thing, but I can not make use user/password work. It returned ORA-12560: TNSrotocol adapter error. Do anyone of you know how to fix it I deinstall and re-install again, same thing. Please help... Thank you
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

convert text latin2(iso-8859-2/mysql/unix) to windows unicode

Hi I am struggeling for long time to convert text get from mysql database (unix) in latin2 encoding (iso-8859-2) to unicode on windows environement. I read data from db: string title = ""; using (MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection conn = new MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection(connString)) { using (MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand command = new MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand(query, conn)) { conn.Open(); MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader reader = command.ExecuteReader(); while (reader.Read()) { int ndx1 = reader.GetOrdinal("Title"); title = reader.GetString(ndx1); } conn.Close(); } } thetitle string containiso-8859-2, how to convert it to Unicode for instance Is possible the read bytes by reader (but the column which is not binary type - for typical varchar)\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Populate windows form from Dataset

Can someone please point me out to the correct way to retrieve data from a dataset and populate a windows form I have an Oracle Dataset which retrieves a table but I am unsure of the correct method to populate the windows form fields. There may be another post I made similar to this which I dont know if it posted correctly. If so, sorry for the repost.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

problems with windows XP and Win 2003

Hi Guys, I've been using MySqlDriverCS to connect to mysql on a Win 2000 machine and everything was working fine. But now we need to move to a Win 2003 machine. The ASP.NET andWindows applicationsrun fine at the start but after a while when too many queries are made it refuses to connect to mysql. After I leave it idle for a while it goes back to running fine but then crashes again when too much load is put on. Its the same problem with Win XP but runs fine on Win 2000 machines. I thought it might have been the MySqlDriverCS so I tried using MySql Connector .NET but still have the same problem with XP and 2003. Anyone know what might be the problem Any ideas
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Can not connect oracle db from vb dot net application in 64 bit windows 7

My dot net windows application (visual studio 2008, vb.net) is running fine on 32 bit windows XP. But in 64 bit windows 7 it can not connect the oracle 10g database. The application was originally on vb6. It was converted into vb.net. I am using the following connection string. StrConn = "Provider=MSDAORA.1; Data Source=ABC;User Id=XYZ;Password=XYZ123;"
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Can't connect to Oracle via windows service .. but CAN via regular app

I have a weird problem: My app makes it possible to sychronize two databases (an Sql Server one and an Oracle one). This can be done by both an ASP.net script and a Windows Service. The ASP.NET script and the .NET windows service use the SAME code. The ASP.NET script is able to do what I want The windows service CAN connect to the SQL server but NOT to the Orace client. (See error of the event viewer below) Do I have to do something in the windows service the ASP.NET does automatically Does anyone know why he doesn't want to connect \t /////ERROR: Service cannot be started. System.Data.OracleClient.OracleException: ORA-12154: TNS:servicenaam kon niet worden herleid. at System.Data.OracleClient.DBObjectPool.GetObject(Object owningObject, Boolean& isInTransaction) at System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnectionPoolManager.GetPooledConnection(String encryptedConnectionString, OracleConnectionString options, OracleConnection owningObject, Boolean& isInTransaction) at System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnection.OpenInternal(OracleConnectionString parsedConnectionString, Object transact) at System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnection.Open() at be.vintage.PMECSynchro.Synchro.doSync() at ECPMSynchroService.ECPMSynchroService.OnStart(String[] args) at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.ServiceQueuedMainCallback(Object state) For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Is windows xp prof supports Oracle 8i...?

I succeeded in installation of oracle 8i enterprise edition on windows xp professional. It worked fine. But I failed to start Oracle 8i, when I restarted the system... why it is Is there any solution.... ThanQ..... Rajasekhar Pediredla
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!