Which table list user roles?

I need to determing which users are to be killed from the database by determining which users use a certain role. I don't know which table to check to determine which users have this role granted. Anybody know what table that is. Iam connected as sys so if that will help, now u know.

Posted On: Friday 2nd of November 2012 09:14:06 PM Total Views:  253
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Oracle PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

which script comes first ?

Hi Friends, after creating a 8.1.7 database manually, what is the sequence of running the scripts catalog.sql, catproc.sql ,catexp7.sql what is the sequence in which those scripts are run
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 2nd November 2012
View Replies!

Select records which not in other table

Dear all, the following are my table data, May i know what problem to my sql statement as i can't find which SID is not exist in employee table SELECT * FROM employee WHERE SID NOT IN (SELECT SID FROM customer) employee SID Name 1 Jack 2 Cindy 3 Sam customer SID Name 1 Jack
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 2nd November 2012
View Replies!

How to access a new database ( which i created ) in isqlplus ?

Hi., I created a new database with the help of Database Configuration Assistant ! I created with the scott account Now i'm not able to connect to the database with the connect identifier with the scott account The error i get is., ERROR - ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified. Plz help !
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 2nd November 2012
View Replies!

problem in query :- want to display missing dates which are not in the table.

I have following requirements. Display report for selected date range.Report should display startdate and person name. If there is no data on selected date then it should display -- in person field. For example, my table has only 20 data. It has 3 records for this date Range. 1) 09/08/2008(mm/dd/yyyy) 2) 09/10/2008(mm/dd/yyyy). And user wants to see report from 09/07/2008 to 09/12/2008. Then it should display report like this. \t\t\t\t Date \t Person Name \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t 09/07/2008\t\t -- 09/08/2008\t\t Abel09/09/2008\t\t --09/10/2008\t\t John09/10/2008\t\t Katrina09/11/2008\t\t --09/12/2008\t\t -- If any one has solution then please give reply as soon as possible.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 2nd November 2012
View Replies!

which embedded SQL database is the best for ASP.NET?

any suggestions [:)]
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 2nd November 2012
View Replies!

What parameter should the SelectMethod pass to a TableAdapter which returns a REF CURSOR?

I'm trying to access an Oracle Stored Procedure from an ObjectDataSource via a SelectMethod and a TableAdapter. The Stored Procedure returns a Ref Cursor, and my SelectMethod is demanding that I pass a corresponding parameter to the TableAdapter. What kind of parameter must I pass to the TableAdapter
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 2nd November 2012
View Replies!

How to enable paging in gridview which using MySQL

I using MySQL for my db,and using the gridview to display the data. i can't use the autopaging fuction offer by the gridview in Visual Studio 2005 anyone hav any idea for manual paging in gridview which using MySQL\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 2nd November 2012
View Replies!

how to get id which will be the next for autoincrement column

Good morning, how to get id which will be the next for autoincrement column the query "select max(id) from table " is wrong because when I delete some rows from the end of table, the next id will be greater then (select max(id) from table).
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 2nd November 2012
View Replies!

Synonyms created in which schema!

Hi! Many thanks for your prompt reply! 1.I would like to know the Public Synonym created on Eng.Table_name is stored in which schema and does synonyms occupy any tablespaces!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 3rd November 2012
View Replies!

OS upgrading strategy on which Oracle is installed

Hi We have three SP2 Machines and one RS/6000 p series server at our development site. The details are given in the table below. |-----+----------------+------------+-----------+-------------| | SN | Machine |OS |Maintenance|Oracle Server| | | | |Level | | |-----+----------------+------------+-----------+-------------| | 1 | IBM AIX SP2 |4.3.3.0 |8 |8.1.6,8.1.7.2| |-----+----------------+------------+-----------+-------------| | 2 |IBM AIX SP2 |4.3.3.0 |10 |9.2.0.2.0 | |-----+----------------+------------+-----------+-------------| | 3 |IBM AIX SP2 |4.3.3.0 |6 |8.1.6 | |-----+----------------+------------+-----------+-------------| | 4 | IBM AIX RS/6000|4.3.3.0 |10 |9.2.0.2.0 | | | pSeries | | | | |-----+----------------+------------+-----------+-------------| We are planning to upgrade the OS from IBM AIX 4.3.3.0 to 5L (5.1 or 5.2) What we want to know is that is there any issues on Oracle software if we upgrade the OS. And also what guidlines should we follow for the upgradation of the OS without affecting the Oracle databases. Will the Oracle Software work on the new upgraded OS or do we have to install the Oracle Software again. Please do let me know if there are any issues.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

which connector should i use to work with MySQL?

This page http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/ lists some connectors, but I am unsure if i should use the: Connector/ODBC: Standardized database driver Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, and Unix platforms. or Connector/Net: Standardized database driver for .NET platforms and development.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Runtime Error: There is already an open DataReader associated with this Connection which must be closed first.

I get this error all the time and I am not even doing anything complex. I have a Formview, Grid1 and Grid2 in my ASPX 2.0 file. For each of these three objects I have a VB Class. Until I had only the Formview and Grid1, everything was working fine. As soon as I added the Grid2, I started getting this error. Anybody has any clue what the problem could be. The code where I get the error is highlighted in RED. And my site is being hosted at Brinkster. Kindly help. Line 53:\t\t\t\t\t\t myDataAdapter = New MySqlDataAdapter(selectString, myConnection) Line 54:\t\t\t\t\t\t myDataSet = New Dataset() Line 55:\t\t\t\t\t\t myDataAdapter.Fill(myDataSet) Line 56:\t\t\t\t\t\t myConnection.close() Line 57:\t\t\t\t\t\t Return myDataSet
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Problem calling Oracle Stored Procedure which returns ref cursor as output parameter using MS-Data Access App Block 1.1

Hi , In want to call Oracle SP's which return DATA through ref cursors. I am using MS Data Access App Block 1.1. In all the examples which I have got to call Oracle SP's (which themselves are very few) says that add IN parameters if their is any in SP, but don't add any OUT param for ref Cursor. when I am trying the same I am getting error of 'insufficient or incorrect number of argument for procedure'. When I try to execute any sql query it executes i.e my piece of code is connecting properly and getting the data, but in case of SP's which are supposed to return me Dataset using db.ExecuteDataset() is giving me error. Can anyone please guide me how to use DAAB with oracle or can provide me with sample code.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Tablespace has 3 datafiles - import uses which?

I exported a db into a replacement database recently. The original database had one datafile per tablespace, but the new one has 3 per tablespace spread over 3 different disks. Example: One TBS had 3 x 100mB files. The Import filled one file 100%, the others: 25% and 27% (I had expected an even spread of 50% for each datafile). Another TBS - 3 x 400Mb. Had a spread over the disks of 73% - 24% and 26% A third TBS - 3 x 350Mb had a spread of 21% - 47% - 21% Can anyone xplain to me how Oracle decides which disks to use Is Import different from the normal load balancing I might expect Its 9.2.0.1 on Win NT4 and the TBSs are locally managed with uniform extent sizes of 1Mb
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 4th November 2012
View Replies!

Which tasks are done by which user?

Hi Everyone, Easy Question I'm sure. But what tasks are to be done what user Users: SYS, SYSTEM, OPS$ORACLE (is OPS$ORACLE = SYS) Tasks: export/import, create users, create tablespaces, analyze objects, etc.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 7th November 2012
View Replies!

which one is bigger?

How do I decide which character is bigger than the other I mean, if I have a space(' ') and a hypen('-'), can I just compare it directly by doing IF ' ' > '-' THEN ... or I should use certain function to convert their value first before doing it Is the character's ascii value being compared instead when we do this kind of comparision
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

which will run faster?

hi, I have a table (loan_table) that contains 100M rows. I want to update or increase the length of one of the columns named loan_amount. Which of the two programs will run faster and eats up little resource: 1. update loan_table set loan_amount=null; or 2. alter table loan_table modify (loan_amount number(8,2));
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

which tool to trace queries on 9i

Could someone advise me what tool is available in oracle 9i that would allow me to trace queries being run against a database. I wish to see the exact sql query being run by an application using my oracle database. Is it possible to speicify which user you wish to trace Thankyou for your time
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

which is better FAT16 or NTFS

Hi DBA Analysts. could u tell me which filesystem is better ( NTFS or FAT16 )to install Oracle Binaries and Datafiles and why
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

which index enforces which PK/Unique constraint?

NOTE: This does not occur on 816 personal. I have only experienced it on 817 Standard on NT. How can I tell definitively which index is being used to enforce a PK or Unique constraint You are probably all aware that in 8i, a unique OR non-unique, pre-existing index will be used by Oracle to enforce a PK or U constraint, if the constrained fields are first in the index. How can I query the data dictionary to determine which index enforces a particular constraint For example, let's suppose I have: create table test (a number, b number, c number); create index test_a on test(a,b); create index test_b on test(a,b,c); alter table test add primary key(a); In this case, no index will be created to enforce the PK. Instead on of those two indexes I just created will be used, even though they are not unique. In fact, had I first created the PK (which would create an index), then created the other indexes and then disabled and re-enabled the PK, the initial PK index which had been automatically created would be dropped, and one of those two indexes would be subsequently used. The question is: How can I tell which one I can guess, but how can I KNOW
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!