what is the max. number of records in a table

I would like to know what is the max number of rows we
can put in partitioned table or per partition.
Hear i have to insert 1.2 billion per partition.
i would like to know your openion.

Thank
Posted On: Monday 12th of November 2012 12:38:27 AM Total Views:  406
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Oracle PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

what is the max. number of records in a table

I would like to know what is the max number of rows we can put in partitioned table or per partition. Hear i have to insert 1.2 billion per partition. i would like to know your openion. Thank
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
View Replies!

How to find the total number of records from reader in MySqlDataReader class

hi, i am using MySqlClient and i am getting the results returned by server in reader of MySqlDataReader class. I want to find total number of records returned by the server and how to fetch that information from reader of MySqlDataReader class. here is my code: MySqlCommand command = new MySqlCommand(query, conn); MySqlDataReader reader = command.ExecuteReader(); now i want to findtotal number ofrecords that are actually returned in reader. If anyone could help me in this would be highly appreciated coz i am really stuck into it. please do reply.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 7th November 2012
View Replies!

connection pool has reached maximum number of connections - using asp.net with informix 9.3

We have developed a application using asp .net 2.0 with Informix 9.3 and now its in the production server. However, there is a major issue when I add few records to the DB and get a error called 'connection pool has reached maximum number of connection'. Any idea on that error I have also added in the web.config with the below values Min Pool Size=5;Max Pool Size=90;Connect Timeout=15
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Is there a limitation of number of rows to oracle adapter ot to dataset?

I wrote a simlpe program that fill datasetvia data adapter of oracle(select command). most of the times it works, but sometimes where it has to return large number of rows it returns 0 rows. What can I do ro solve it
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Oracle retrieve number problem

I was retrieving a number in oracle. However,when I check the returned value, it have a suffix of M. Therefore, If cast the number to double, I would I an exception. Say the number is 100, i would get 100M. Does anybody know what's going on PS: I am retriving data in dbdatareader and turn it into dataTable -> dataRow[]. \t\t\t If I do console.writeline(), I would get 100. \t\t\t But if I acutally watch the value, and click on it. It would change from 100 to 100M. \t\t\t I am using VS2005 with .net 2.0
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Wrong number of parameters for sybase

all, I am trying to connect to a sybase datase (5.5) version i think. Belowis the code and parameter list i am using to execute aSP \t\t\t Dim mycmd As New OdbcCommand("sp_drum_fact") \t\t\t mycmd.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure \t\t\t mycmd.Parameters.Add("drumfact", OdbcType.Char).Value = "95.3" \t\t\t mycmd.Parameters(0).Direction = ParameterDirection.Input \t\t\t mycmd.Parameters.Add("eq", OdbcType.VarChar, 20).Direction = ParameterDirection.ReturnValue \t\t\t mycmd.Parameters.Add("descrip", OdbcType.VarChar, 20).Direction = ParameterDirection.ReturnValue \t\t\t mycmd.Parameters.Add("size", OdbcType.Real).Direction = ParameterDirection.ReturnValue I am connecting fine and the stored procedure has the 1 input parameter and then the 3 return values. The issue i am getting is a Wrong number of parameters problem. Can anyone help me out with this, is there something i am not aware of or possible tips you could give me on this situation.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Oracle - illegal variable name/number

I am getting the following error at dataAdapter.Fill(dataSet, "GetDeal"). Error - "ORA-01036: illegal variable name/number" public static DataSet GetDealForDealNum(string Deal_ID) { DataSet dataSet = new DataSet();using (OracleConnection connection = ConnectionManager.GetRaRocConnection()) { string sql = " SELECT * FROM RAROC_DEAL_INFO WHERE Deal_ID=Deal_ID"; OracleCommand command = new OracleCommand(sql, connection); command.Parameters.Add("Deal_ID", OracleType.VarChar, 80).Value = Deal_ID; command.CommandType = CommandType.Text; OracleDataAdapter dataAdapter = new OracleDataAdapter(command); dataAdapter.Fill(dataSet, "GetDeal"); } return dataSet; }
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

"Specified slot number was invalid" when open OracleConnection

Hi , OracleConnection ocon = new OracleConnection(ConnectionString); ocon.Open(); I got the error message: System.ArgumentException: Specified slot number was invalid.\r\n\t at System.LocalDataStoreMgr.ValidateSlot(LocalDataStoreSlot slot)\r\n\t at System.Threading.Thread.GetData(LocalDataStoreSlot slot)\r\n\t at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection.get_InternalContextConnection()\r\n How to fix this error
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

ORA-01036: illegal variable name/number

Tried everything but not working can anyone help here is my code: Store proc: /////// create or replace PROCEDURE\t\t Test (P1_in number, P2_out out number, P3_out out number ) AS BEGIN rent_out:= 100; hpd_rent_out:= 200; end; ///// C# code: ORACON = new OracleConnection("Data Source=DB1;User ID=U1;Password=p1;"); ORACOM = new OracleCommand("Test", ORACON); ORACOM.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure; ORACOM.Parameters.Add("@P1_in", OracleType.Int32); ORACOM.Parameters[0].Value = 26603; ORACOM.Parameters.Add("@P2_out", OracleType.Int32); ORACOM.Parameters["@P2_out"].Direction = ParameterDirection.Output; ORACOM.Parameters.Add("@P3_out", OracleType.Int32); ORACOM.Parameters["@P3_out"].Direction = ParameterDirection.Output; ORACON.Open(); OracleDataReader dr; dr = ORACOM.ExecuteReader(); ////
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

ORA-01036: illegal variable name/number when using SqlDataDataSource

Hi Everyone, Please see this code, it's pretty simple. It simply brings up a result of a select query inside a GridView, however, I am getting this error when calling the DataBind() on the GridView - "ORA-01036: illegal variable name/number "
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Invalid number with OracleParameter

I upgraded my application to the Oracle 10 client and ever since then I get random erros with my OracleParameters when the datatype is set to Varchar2. I get PL/SQL error invalid numeric error. I know my Parameter code is correct. Seems like it is a bug in the Oracle 10 client. Anyine else come across this issue
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to get the number of connections to database ?

, I have an ASP.NET web application on Windows 2000 (.NET framework 1.0 SP2) which uses an Oracle database for data storage (Oracle 9i). I use thedata provider from Oracle (ODP.NET). I would like to monitor the number of connections to database. How can I get that Are performance counters for that available
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Is it possible to get number of columns from excel or csv before allowing upload?

I have a page within our site that allows admin users the ability to upload configuration settings into the system instead of submitting 1 at a time. While testing yesterday, i found that one of the upload pages allowed me to upload a excel file that had alot more columns than expected and when i checked the database, the first few columns that were expected took the values from the file, and everything else was ignored, but wanted to see if there is any way to check the number of columns in the file to make sure it matches the upload logic before accepting it.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Generating Random number

Hi Can any one guide me to generating random number in mysql query.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Insert Error ORA-01036: illegal variable name/number

- I'm trying to do an insertwith parameters and keep erroring with the following ORA-01036: illegal variable name/number I can'tfind what's wrong. Pleaseif anyone can help.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

how to change the column data type to number from varchar2 in oracle

hi i created one table in oracle 10g in that table i took one column data type as varchar2 ex:desc user; Name\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t Null\t\t Type ----------------------------------------- -------- ---------------------------- USERID\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t NOT NULL VARCHAR2(5) FIRSTNAME\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t NOT NULL VARCHAR2(15) LASTNAME\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t VARCHAR2(15) EMPID\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t VARCHAR2(5) USERNAME\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t VARCHAR2(20) PASSWORD\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t NOT NULL VARCHAR2(20) MOBILE\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t NUMBER(12) EMAILID\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t VARCHAR2(20) but i don't want to take userid as varchar i want to change it as number for this i tried with alter statement like: alter table user modify(UserId number(5)); but i'm getting this error: column type incompatible with referenced column type how to resolve this one, here i'm using oracle 10g rl2
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

ORA-01036: illegal variable name/number

I have looked over all the previous post and still have not been able to get past this error, I have simply reduced my update to a direct update statement using no parameter values and still get the error. Please help! \t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t \t\t\t \t\t\t \t\t\t\t \t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t Edit Record \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

increase the number of coloumns in the table

is it possible to change the configuration of mySQL so that I could increase the number of coloumns that a table can hold
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

how to solve this error? "SQL1040N The maximum number of applications is already connected to the database. SQLSTATE=57030"

I'm quite new to .NET and I'm facing this error message now... I have a webpage that displays the results from a db2 database table with datagrid, and so as to keep it "updated", the webpage refreshes. After sometime, it'll tell me this error SQL1040N The maximum number of applications is already connected to the database. SQLSTATE=57030 ..... Line649:\t\t\t\tDimdbConnAsNewOleDbConnection(ConnectionString)'adoDBConnectionusedinBindGrid Line650:\t\t\t\tdbConn.Open() In my code, for every 1) Dim adoConnection As ADODB.Connection = getConn() Dim adoConnectionString As String = Space(200) Dim adoCommand As New ADODB.Command or 2) ConnectionString = "Provider=IBMDADB2.1;Data Source=" & Session("DataSource") & ";UID=" & Session("DBuserId") & ";PWD=" & Session("DBuserId")dbConn = New OleDbConnection(ConnectionString) dbConn.Open() Dim dbComm As New OleDbCommand(getCurrListDispSqlStmt(), dbConn) Dim dbread As OleDbDataReader = dbComm.ExecuteReader() There is a "close all" 1) If Not adoCommand.ActiveConnection.State = ADODB.ObjectStateEnum.adStateClosed Then \t\t adoCommand.ActiveConnection.Close() End If If Not adoConnection.State = ADODB.ObjectStateEnum.adStateClosed Then \t\t adoConnection.Close() End If adoConnection = Nothing or 2) dbread.Close() dbComm.Dispose() dbConn.Close() Can anyone tell me what is wrong or what I have missed out or how i can released this application
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

ORA-06550: line 1, column 8: PLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to

Hi I am getting above error when I call a procedure. I am succesfully calling other procedure with almost similart syntax but the table name and parameters are different. VB.NET code: Try \t\t\t\t\t myCmd.Connection = dConn\t\t\t\t\t\t'Parameter \t\t\t\t\t myCmd.CommandText = " TEST_MYPROC" \t\t\t\t\t myCmd.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure \t\t\t\t\t myCmd.Parameters.Add("cID", OracleType.Number).Value = 459 \t\t\t\t\t myCmd.Parameters("cID").Direction = ParameterDirection.Input \t\t\t myCmd.ExecuteNonQuery() \t\t\t\t\t Me.Sqlcode = myCmd.Parameters("rVal").Value \t\t\t Catch ex As Exception \t\t\t\t\t Throw\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t'is it right way to throw the an exception to the caller, returning error \t\t\t Catch OraErr As OracleException \t\t\t\t\t Throw \t\t\t End Try Procedure: CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE TEST_MYPROC(cID IN INTEGER) is begin INSERT INTO SATORDER(CID, ORDWEEK, STARTTIME,ENDTIME) \t VALUES(cID,'FRI','00:00:01','23:59:59'); end; Pls give me some idea. -thanx ramesh
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!