INNER JOIN order_detail c
ON b.order_id = c.order_id
INNER JOIN product d
ON c.product_id = d.product_id
Posted On: Monday 31st of December 2012 01:13:45 AM Total Views:  249
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Oracle PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

Quick Questions

all, A question on the /as sysdba login. Is there anyway this can be more secure This has caused a security issue with us as anyone who knows this loop-hole can log into the database as with dba privs!. My second question is, are there any logs/views for info on things like user password changes during a particular window\t Many
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 7th November 2012
View Replies!

Privileges to see triggers

WHat privileges does the user need to have so that he can see the triggers in another users schema Appreciate your input. -Chintz
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Temp tablespace

Our temp tablespace keep on hit the limit. Is there any other way to solve the problem except tuning the sort and adding space How does database system release temp space
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Technet Documentation

Has anybody noticed that links on OTN to 8i documentation have suddenly stopped working I guess it's a push for 9i... For example: Click on the HTML links from http://technet.oracle.com/docs/produ...c/products.htm for most of the manuals...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Rman-06088:

I have a prodution db which I am replicating on another machine, I have done this before the only thing I have done is added six tablespaces to the production system, and then added these six tablespaces/datafiles into my restore script set new name section. However I am getting the error RMAN-06088: datafile copy /u01/oradata/ETSPROD/data/xoprod01x.dbf not found or out of sync with catalog Help please this is urgent..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

REP-3335: Unable to re-open WebReports under Oracle 9i iDS

, Note that under the Reports Node in Forms Builder, in the Property Palette, I set the Filename Attribute to 1 file name as such: H:\TEMP\Consent_test.rdf. 1) Should I specificy the extension or not For some strange reasons, certain reports, I can only open them once and then when I try to reopen them again I get the following errors: ----- Report Builder REP-3335: Unhandled Internal CA Error aaaaz 36. Error PDE-PER001: Internal Error (REP-3335 Unhandled Internal CA Error. aaaaz 36). (additional error: aaaaz 70) ------------ 1) Any ideas how to resolve this Applying a Patch PT
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

SGA Fixed Size

What's mean here Fixed size of SGA\t I always thought PGA is a fixed size of SGA, but my sort_area_size=1M und Fixed size=0,75M!! Can someone explain me SQL> startup force Instance ORACLE lance. Total System Global Area 61216796 bytes Fixed Size 75804 bytes Variable Size 18919424 bytes Database Buffers 42143744 bytes Redo Buffers 77824 bytes
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Rebuild btree index myth ?

This PDF by Richard Foote uses quotes from Burleson and Niemec which he disagrees with and considers 'myths'. Rebuilding The Truth http://www.actoug.org.au/Downloads/o..._internals.pdf The vast majority of indexes do not require rebuilding Oracle B-tree indexes can become unbalanced and need to be rebuilt is a myth Deleted space in an index is deadwood and over time requires the index to be rebuilt is a myth If an index reaches x number of levels, it becomes inefficient and requires the index to be rebuilt is a myth If an index has a poor clustering factor, the index needs to be rebuilt is a myth To improve performance, indexes need to be regularly rebuilt is a myth
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

tables from 7.3.4->8.1.5

export => 7.3.4 import 2 8i => 7.3.4 imp is this possinble
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Start/Stop Service

how can I automatically start/stop the my db using the services from win2000/winnt.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

PL/SQL compilation error

Hi! , I am creating the following package and it is giving me this wierd error as listed below. I am commented out the code and replaced it with a single statement NULL;. Even then the same error is occuring. Thanx in advance Sudip CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE BOP_STES AS TYPE RESULTSET_CURSOR IS REF CURSOR; PROCEDURE SP_RETRIVE_FORM_DATA (p_certificate_id NUMBER, ERROR_MSG OUT VARCHAR2, THE_RESULTS IN OUT RESULTSET_CURSOR); END BOP_STES; / CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE BODY BOP_STES AS PROCEDURE SP_RETRIVE_FORM_DATA (p_certificate_id NUMBER, ERROR_MSG OUT VARCHAR2, THE_RESULTS IN OUT RESULTSET_CURSOR) IS BEGIN OPEN THE_RESULTS FOR SELECT FRM_FORM_ID, FRM_FORM_NAME, FRM_IMAGE_NAME, FRM_FILE_NAME, FRM_PATH FROM TBL_BOP_FORM_TEMPLATE FRM, TBL_BOP_CERTIFICATE CER WHERE FRM_FORM_ID = CER_FORM_ID AND CER_CERTIFICATE_ID = p_certificate_id ; ERROR_MSG := 'SUCCESS'; EXCEPTION WHEN NO_DATA_FOUND THEN ERROR_MSG := SQLERRM; WHEN OTHERS THEN ERROR_MSG := SQLERRM; END; END; / CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE BODY BOP_STES AS * ERROR at line 1: ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1 ORA-01401: inserted value too large for column ORA-06512: at line 27
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

oracle-solaris

hi, can anyone tell me where the Scripts for database creation for oracle8 on solaris. bye
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

SHOW USER

My SHOW USER command does not work (neither does SHO USER). Is there any other commands to see a current user & why SHOW USER does not work Thank you!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

RMAN and Flashback

We are on V 10.2.0.3 on Solaris 10. My dilemna: We were previously able to back up our production database to tape, via weekly cold backups using third party software. We did this every Sunday. Three things happened. Our database got way too big (3 TB), our backup window shrank, and we no longer have a viable tape backup device. We were never in archivelog mode, because the decision was made by management that since we have a data warehouse, simply recovering to the previous Sunday and re-running the nightly loads was less painful (and we can generate up to 350G of redo every week). We also have exports of everything that are kept fairly current. My glorious leaders have now challenged me to use RMAN and Flashback features, but there is a resource issue, and that leads to my question. We have a chunk of space that is 1.5TB available on a licensed, supported storage array apart from the rest of the database files. My plan is to make that space my recovery file destination, such that a copy of the online redo logs, archived logs, rman control file backups, and flashback logs will exist in that space. However, there will NOT be enough room for db backup sets or image copies. Remember, the db is currently 3 Tb and growing, and my guess is that we will use most of the 1.5 TB recovery area for the other files listed above. We DO have access to another storage array (a SAN) with 2TB available, but it does not have a support contract. What we would like to do, if it is possible, is to create rman backup sets on the SAN and spool them off to tape in pieces...that is, we have 588 datafiles and 544 tablespaces (I inherited this mess) and the idea would be to take umpteen tablespace backups each night using the SAN as a "mock" tape device, and then back that up to a real tape library, which is unfortunately old and slow. Management is firm on not spending $$$ on more storage so that we could hold everything necessary in one place. Is it possible to do these backups in a way that would have all the flashback stuff on one array and the backup sets on another With 2 TB available on the SAN, it is possible we could even hold a full backup set (Oracle's compression ratio is supposed to be between 2 and 4) out there. Anyone who has a creative idea on how to solve this problem will have my lasting gratitude. I have not used RMAN for years, and this version is SOOO different. We also want to use the flashback recovery features with RMAN. I am going through a steep learning curve, but could use some help.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Retaianed Data in MVs

, I've got the following situation: a star schema with one fact table and a couple of dimension tables. I'm filling in new data into the fact table and deleting old data periodically from the fact table (that is, I'm implementing some kind of ring buffer). Also, there are MVs defined on the star schema. The problem is to retain aggregated data in the MVs, even after the corresponding detail data in the fact table has been deleted. The MV should aquire new data arriving in the fact table, but should NOT "synchronize" with the deleted data. Can this be achieved
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

re-initialize redologs - syntax anyone?

I forgot the command to clear/re-initialize the redologs without having to issue a create controlfile..can't seem to readily get the command off metalink. If someone remembers it, please post. Many
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Parsing of tnsnames.ora

I created a new (test) database this morning( on 816/win2000). I manually set up the listener&tnsnames. I can NOT access the new database or add it to the tree of databases in my Oracle console("Failed to parse tnsnames.ora...error 100-NLNV-NLNV string format error").No access to new database from plsql or sqlplus on server.However,I am able to access this database from other stations in the office. This has been/is a big problem to me using Oracle 816/817/9i. Is there a compat. problem with win2000. Please advise because I really need to sort out the root of this concurrent problem. Thanx in advance
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How can I split values from a column using sql?

I am developing web application using csharp and MS SQL as database. There is a column in table that is storing values which as numbers and letters. Letters are in front\t like JK26262, JK26263,JK26263. Now I want to select numbers only from a table column and leave letters. In other words I want an select statement that will select values as follows: 26262 26263 26263 How can Iachieve this Kind regards. Mobzam
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to Read paradox file (.db) using C#

, Can anyone explain mehow toread paradox file using C# coding.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Import larger excel data in to Oracle table

I want to import a larger excel data in to oracle table for processing. Our basic idea was to copy the Excel data from the client side to Server side and then process excel data using SQL Loader. But we assume that this will end up in eating lot of time and we are short of any other plans. Kindly guide me is there any other easier and faster way to do this. Please recommend some good Links to do this. we are using ASP.NET, C#, and Oracle 9i.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

problems with to_date in Oracle PL/SQL

SELECT to_date((to_date('03/17/2008 06:30 AM', 'MM/DD/YYYY HH:MI AM') + 1800 / 86400), 'MM/DD/YYYY HH:MI AM') from dual When I run this i get oracle error 1843 not a valid month, but the syntax seems fine. This is in Oracle 10g. Anyone have a suggestions
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

gridview + oracle = headache

Ive been having trouble with a page ive been attempting to make. it includes a Gridview control that is linked to my sqlDataSource. What i am trying to do is be able to search the underlying oracle database using a simple 3 text box and search button setup, then having the results display in the Gridview control (3 columns). the connection to the database is working fine, i can send it values and get what i want back, but i cant seem to get it to work correctly with the text boxes that ive created on the form. everything ive read says that there is not even any code-behind needed to do what im asking but none of the tutorials or code that ive found has worked yet. heres my select statment \t \t\t\t \t \t objects 0000101002 \t\t\t \t\t\t \t\t\t \t\t\t \t\t\t \t\t\t \t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t \t \t     \t \t \t \t \t code behind Partial Class search \t Inherits System.Web.UI.Page \t Dim idnum As String \t Dim fname As String \t Dim lname As String \t Protected Sub resetbutton_click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles resestbutton.Click \t\t\t idbox.Text = "" \t\t\t fnbox.Text = "" \t\t\t lnbox.Text = "" \t\t\t GridView1.Visible = False \t\t\t If GridView1.Visible = False Then \t\t\t\t\t notifylabel.Text = "Type in the ID number or name(s) of the person you wish to search." \t\t\t Else \t\t\t\t\t notifylabel.Text = "" \t\t\t End If \t End Sub \t Protected Sub searchbutton_click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles searchbutton.Click \t\t\t notifylabel.Text = "Searching..." \t\t\t idbox.Text = idnum \t\t\t idnum = idbox.Text \t\t\t fnbox.Text = fname \t\t\t fname = fnbox.Text \t\t\t lnbox.Text = lname \t\t\t lname = lnbox.Text \t\t\t GridView1.Visible = True \t\t\t notifylabel.Text = "Seach Complete." \t End Sub \t \t Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load \t\t\t GridView1.Visible = False \t\t\t SqlDataSource1.SelectParameters("ID_NUMBER").DefaultValue = idnum \t End Sub \t End Class ------------------------------------------------ any suggestions and/or solutions would be awsome.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

OLEDB 4.0 Data Connector Error

I am trying to create an xml file using vb.net; however, I get an error on the oledb connector on my page. here is my code: \t Dim strConn As String \t Dim DeeIntranetConn As OleDbConnection \t \t Sub Page_Load() \t\t\t Dim dadXML As OleDbDataAdapter \t\t\t Dim dstXML As DataSet \t\t\t Dim ssql As String \t\t\t \t\t\t ssql = "SELECT [PURCHASE ORDERS].[PO NUMBER], [PURCHASE ORDERS].ShipToCompany, [PURCHASE ORDERS].ShipAttn, [PURCHASE ORDERS].ShipStreet1, [PURCHASE ORDERS].ShipStreet2, [PURCHASE ORDERS].ShipCity, [PURCHASE ORDERS].ShipSt, [PURCHASE ORDERS].ShipZip, PORECGS1.[Part #], PORECGS1.[PO Qty], PORECGS1.[Qty Recd], PORECGS1.[Unit Recd Cost]" \t\t\t ssql = ssql & " FROM [PURCHASE ORDERS] RIGHT JOIN PORECGS1 ON [PURCHASE ORDERS].[PO NUMBER] = PORECGS1.[PO Number]" \t\t\t ssql = ssql & " WHERE ((([PURCHASE ORDERS].VendorID)=10330))" \t\t\t ssql = ssql & " GROUP BY [PURCHASE ORDERS].[PO NUMBER], [PURCHASE ORDERS].ShipToCompany, [PURCHASE ORDERS].ShipAttn, [PURCHASE ORDERS].ShipStreet1, [PURCHASE ORDERS].ShipStreet2, [PURCHASE ORDERS].ShipCity, [PURCHASE ORDERS].ShipSt, [PURCHASE ORDERS].ShipZip, PORECGS1.[Part #], PORECGS1.[PO Qty], PORECGS1.[Qty Recd], PORECGS1.[Unit Recd Cost]" \t\t\t \t\t\t strConn = ConfigurationManager.AppSettings("DeeIntranetConn") \t\t\t DeeIntranetConn = New OleDbConnection(strConn) \t\t\t \t\t\t dadXML = New OleDbDataAdapter(ssql, DeeIntranetConn) \t\t\t dstXML = New DataSet() \t\t\t dadXML.Fill(dstXML, ssql) \t\t\t \t\t\t dstXML.WriteXml("d:\inetpub\XML\XML\Newark.xml") \t\t\t Response.Write("Saved Neward.xml file!") \t End Sub Here is my web.config file \t \t \t \t \t\t \t\t \t\t\t \t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t \t\t\t \t\t\t \t\t\t \t Here is my web error....any ideas Server Error in '/XML' Application. The 'Micorost.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' provider is not registered on the local machine. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: The 'Micorost.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' provider is not registered on the local machine. Source Error: Line19:\t\t\t\tdadXML=NewOleDbDataAdapter(ssql,DeeIntranetConn) Line20:\t\t\t\tdstXML=NewDataSet() Line21:\t\t\t\tdadXML.Fill(dstXML,ssql) Line22: Line23:\t\t\t\tdstXML.WriteXml("d:\inetpub\XML\XML\Newark.xml") Source File: D:\inetpub\XML\NewarkCreateXML.aspx \t Line: 21 Stack Trace: [InvalidOperationException: The 'Micorost.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' provider is not registered on the local machine.] System.Data.OleDb.OleDbServicesWrapper.GetDataSource(OleDbConnectionString constr, DataSourceWrapper& datasrcWrapper) +975886 System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionInternal..ctor(OleDbConnectionString constr, OleDbConnection connection) +118 System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject) +53 System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup) +27 System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection) +47 System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) +105 System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.Open() +37 System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +121 System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +137 System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String srcTable) +83 ASP.newarkcreatexml_aspx.Page_Load() in D:\inetpub\XML\NewarkCreateXML.aspx:21 System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.ArglessFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o) +5 System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +784031 System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1061 Version Information:Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.210
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

how to perform this in oracle and asp.net,c# code?

hello evrerybody.. how toperform this queryas a oraclestrored procedure and call it from asp.net ,C#codeand dataset using parameters SELECT * FROM EMP where deptno like nvl(pDeptNo,'%') AND hiredate = pDate; , Is your problem solved, if yes then mark one or many posts as answer which helped you in solving your problem. Or if you figured out solution in a different way then kindly share the solution so it can be usefull for others.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Update Query Help

I would appreciate some help, I cannot get my query to work: UPDATE\t journey SET\t \t journey.occupancy=occupancy-1 \t \t \t \t Inner Join journey \t \t \t \t On passengers.journey_id = journey.id \t \t \t \t Inner Join shuttle \t \t \t \t On shuttle.id = journey.shuttle_id WHERE\t shuttle.id = '1' AND \t \t\t passengers.passenger_name = 'bill gates' It is used when a cancelation is made to reduce the occupancy for that journey to reflect that passenger cancelling, my table/field names are okay and my links are right but I get the error: #1064-YouhaveanerrorinyourSQLsyntax;checkthemanualthat correspondstoyourMySQLserverversionfortherightsyntaxtouse near'InnerJoinjourneyOnpassengers.journey_id=journey.id'atline3
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Oracle triggers calling .exe

Is it possible to have a trigger call a .NET executable Each time a new record is inserted or updated, I want to compare the newly inserted/updated record with another record in another database and do further processing. My idea was to have the trigger call a .NET app which will do the comparing and further processing. Has anyone encounter a issue like the one described above\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

I want to know value of cell in excel.

I'm use Excel for database , I want call value on cell " G3 " only on worksheet. please help me.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

how to retive image from mysql database

\t here i am desging an student entry form . where i need to insert the image to database and again retrive it from the database based on\t the stud_id as a primary key.. am\t able to insert the image. i am able to retrivre the image\t during the page onload. but i need to retrive the image to a a particular postion\t in the page . where i am placeing\t an a image control.\t so\t can\tany one tell me how to do it. \t\t\t\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Install and using aspnet tables over MySQL db?

Hi all, How can I install aspnet 2.0 tables over MySQL database to use it with logins control and profiles and roles simply like using file aspnet_regsql and how to configure the web application on web.config file to use it Best regards
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to access file in WSS(Web Storage System) through browser or C# code?

If I use OWA(Outlook Web Access) to access WSS, it can access directory. For example, http://localhost/public/myfolder. If I point to a file in such directory, for example http://localhost/public/myfolder/a1.xml, then browser will display 403 error and a1.xml can not be accessed. Similarity, if I use following code to acesss http://localhost/public/myfolder/a1.xml, it still tell me the 403 error from catch statements: try { WebClient client = new WebClient(); client.Credentials = new System.Net.NetworkCredential("username", "password"); inputStream = client.OpenRead("http://localhost/public/myfolder/a1.xml"); reader = new XmlTextReader(inputStream); } catch (WebException webEx) { Console.Write(webEx.ToString()); } Would you please tell me how to resolve this problem
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Getting connection to work

I have an applikation that have a connection to a MySQL database, and I got a webspace so that I could publish my applikation. To test the connection I made a very simple testapplikation, that I can't get to work. I'm getting the error: Microsoft.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified After contact with support they made their own testapplication which worked fine. But even if I cut and past their connectionstring, my applikation won't work My application is this which I made using Visual Studio (showing only code behind): stringconnectionString="Driver={MySQLODBC3.51Driver};Server=mysql01.crystone.se;Database=perssonkoefoed_se;uid=ke4abeme3a;pwd=8a1i3alu6u;option=3"; OdbcConnectionmSqlConnection=newOdbcConnection(connectionString); stringqueryString="select*frombooksample"; OdbcDataReaderobjReader; OdbcCommandobjCmd=newOdbcCommand(queryString,mSqlConnection); objCmd.Connection.Open(); objReader=objCmd.ExecuteReader(); Grid1.DataSource = objReader; Grid1.DataBind(); objReader.Close(); objCmd.Connection.Close();Their application is this made as one page:\t "server"> private const string ConnStr = "Driver={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};Server=mysql01.crystone.se;Database=perssonkoefoed_se;uid=ke4abeme3a;pwd=8a1i3alu6u;option=3"; protected override void OnInit(EventArgs e) { base.OnInit(e); using(OdbcConnection con = new OdbcConnection(ConnStr)) using(OdbcCommand cmd = new OdbcCommand("select * from bookSAmple", con)) { con.Open(); dgrNames.DataSource = cmd.ExecuteReader( CommandBehavior.CloseConnection | CommandBehavior.SingleResult); dgrNames.DataBind(); } } body { font: 100% Verdana; } "center"> records in the 'Names' table: "dgrNames" HorizontalAlign="Center" CellPadding="3" Runat="server" />
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Report based on Oracle Stored Procedure -- call from .NET

I've developed a report in Crystal Reports 10, and now want to add it to my Web Application. When I call the report, with the parameters, the problem I hit is it asked you to continually log into the Database itself. I'd like to set all the connection properties in .NET such that it seems seemless to the user.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Example

can any one send one example for how to create storedprocedure in mysql
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

storing data into DataSet from excel file using Oledb provider

I'm stroing data into DataSet from excel file using Oledb provider in asp.net c# application. query: SELECT * FROM [Sheet1$] everything is working fine but my concern is that 1st row should be skiped and 2nd row should be used for heading and rest for datarow. I need help on urgent basis.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

MySql with my_aspnet_roles

Hi Guys, I'm using MySql and have it hooked up to an asp.net site using the .Net Connector. I was wondering if I could use the auto- generated roles and membership database provider (with tables such as my_aspnet_roles and my_aspnet_membership) or would I have to create roles and membership tables of my own (like the one given here) Many
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Connecting to a MySQL Database

I am a complete newbie at this and was wondering if someone could give me some help. I am looking to connect to a MySQL database usingto ASP.Net and was wondering if anyone had a simple way to do this. I havetried some examples fromthe internet but some are either for previous versions or do not work. The script languageI am using is VB. Any and all help would be much appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Database Scalability

I would like to learn some more about database scalability, what kind of traffic a database can handle, how you expand and when its time to do that. Can anybody recommend some good websites on the topic
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Oracle and udlFiles

Hi friends. I have one application that uses the OleDbConnection object to connect to a Oracle server. The connection strings is stored in a udl file. Here is the connection string of the udl file -> ChunkSize=10000;Password=xxx;Persist Security Info=True;Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle;User ID=xxx;Data Source=xxx; When I open the udl file and test through the Windows it connects ok. But when I run the applicaton with the connection string above the program does not respond and no throws exceptions when it tries to open the database connection. In the EventViewer there is a message saying that the application pool had crashed. Some idea\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Starting Enterprise Manager for 10g DB in Memory Access Mode

I just wonder if is it possible to start EM(for Oracle 10g) by default in "Memory Access Mode" mode If so, then how to configure EM to start in this mode, because when my system is heavily loaded, I can not even start EM in standard(SQL Access) mode I've googled nearly half of a day without answers to this issue... Any ideas are welcome! , Yes, I've found the same info myself, but it is useless though... As I said, I cannot even normally start EM when system is slow/hung! From (http://www.oracle.com/technology/pub...part2.html#sga) excerpt: "Here's how it works: In the Oracle Enterprise Manager UI, choose the Performance tab and scroll down to the bottom of the page, to the section labeled Related Links...Note the link called "Monitor in Memory Access Mode." ... Note the "View Mode" drop-down menu in which the "Memory Access" option is selected." This is useless in my situation anyway...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

sql across schemas

I have a database that has approx. 60 schemas that have many of the same tables. I need to write a SQL statement (or procedure) that queries a particular table across the schemas and returns the results per schema. So, my table is EVENTCAT and the 2 cols I want to report on are ECATCODE and SINGLEEV. Heres what I need the report to look like. OWNER EVENTCAT SINGLEEV SCOTT BASE 1 FOLLOWUP 2 FINAL 1 STEVE BASE 0 SAM BASE 1 FOLLOWUP 2 I'd be greatful for any suggestions on how to handle this.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

replication example

I have to setup replication, so that when a table is updated, the same table on another database is also updated. The update is only once is a while, and there will only be one master site. I have tried to follow the Oracle doc., but seem to get lost in the different scenerios. Does someone have a link to a good site that may have a basic example
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 16th November 2012
View Replies!

Recursive Statements and Nested Tables

we have a database here that has a few nested tables and there is a monthly process that the users run that reference (update, select, insert, delete) from Oracle Nested Tables. This monthly process takes an hour to run 10 out of 12 months. For the other 2 months, there's about twice as much data that it needs to process and it takes about 4 hours to run. We did a sql trace on this and then ran it through TKPROF and the tkprof shows that it is spending a LOT of time doing recursive call when compared to non-recursive calls. The recursive calls appear to be Oracle handling Nested Table maintenance. Does anyone have any suggestions on how we can reduce the amount of time Oracle spends in recursive calls when it is working with Nested Tables
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

question on size of segment

hi! just a question on the segment size, please find the part on "initial 1m next 2m pctincrease 50 minextents 5" on this site.. http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/fp...:7149039425561 he said 1 + 2 + 3 + 4.5 + 6.75 meg of space rounded UP where did 3 came from i mean 1 is the initial then 2 next extent what is 3 4.5 is 3 + 1.5 from the PCTINCREASE
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

partitioning an existing table

I want to partition an existing non-partitioned table. Can I do this without recreating the table
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

OS AUTHENTICATION2

THANKS FRIENDS, HAPPY TO SEE THE REPLY!! I HAVE CHANGED THE OS_AUTHENT_PREFIX="OPS$" AND I HAVE THE CREATED THE USER NAMED OPS$AMU USING THE FOLLOWING COMMAND CREATE USER OPS$AMU IDENTIFIED EXTERNALLY I JOINED THE GROUP DBA_USER WHEN I LOG IN AS AMU THROUGH MY WINDOWS NT OPERATING SYSTEM I WAS ABLE TO ENTER INTO ORACLE JUST BY GIVING THIS COMMAND WITHOUT PASSWORD > SQLPLUS / I AM ABLE TO LOGIN AS SYS BUT NOT AS USER OPS$AMU KINDLY HELP ME COME OUT THIS TROUBLE!!!!!!!!!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

oraenv for NT

Has anyone got an equivalent for oraenv on NT they would be able to share Run in batch
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

DataTable as a parameter in PL/SQL procedure?

I'm trying to pass something like a DataTable into my stored procedure. I'm used to looping through a DataTable in C#, but I'm wondering what the equivalent is in PL/SQL\t I've seen something like this: TYPE t_Orders IS TABLE OF myTable.Orders%TYPE INDEX BY PLS_INTEGER But I think that only contains one column... or not\t Here's what I'm looking for: PROCEDURE Insert_Orders(p_DataTable IN \t\t%TYPE, \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tResultset OUT SYS_REFCURSOR) IS BEGIN LOOP through the datatable INSERT ...; END;
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 20th November 2012
View Replies!

Connecting to Oracle

My .net 2.0 application, accssing Oracle,that works fine on my development machine does not work on my production server. The error messgae says: Exception Details: System.Exception: System.Data.OracleClient requires Oracle client software version 8.1.7 or greater. Can anyone tell me what exactly do I have to install on the production server and what the url for downloading it is
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 21st November 2012
View Replies!

[HYT00] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Access denied for user

Hi Expert I have connection problems with my database when running my local computer in IIS server. I installed mySQL 4.0, MySQL Front and MYODBC 3.5 and configure everything. I ran in several other computers and it works fine, but not this particular computer. When I tried to retrieve the item, there is error: ERROR [HYT00] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Access denied for user 'XXX@'localhost' (using password: YES) Exception Details: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [HYT00] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Access denied for user 'XXX'@'localhost' (using password: YES) Appreciate for your help!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 21st November 2012
View Replies!

Update Error

, I am trying to update a column based on another column in the same table (student table) and a column from another table (school table) Code is: update student_table set student_code = (select l.student_code from school_table l, student_table n where l.school = n.schoolname) I get the following error ORA - 01427 Single-row subquery returns more than one row
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 29th December 2012
View Replies!