user roles and privileges

Hi DBAs,

Does anyone have a scipt to find out the various oracle roles and privileges for users in the database

Posted On: Wednesday 7th of November 2012 06:01:52 AM Total Views:  245
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Oracle PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

user privileges and grant

In which table or view i can find out the privileges granted to a user account
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 7th November 2012
View Replies!

user object dropped

, some one has dropped all objects of a user in the database. Is there any way to know who has dropped it. oracle 8i win nt 4.0 non archive log mode [Edited by shashikumar on 02-11-2002 at 02:33 AM]
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

user logged in?.

Last night around 0140hrs some user tried to create tablespaces undo,temp and users in database.....but it failed becase of no privs to create tablespace. Scarry part is, the user tried to create tablespaces already in db....with different mount points... I looked at last command to find the user login to unix server around that time/before...no entries. No messages in /vqr/adm/messages too...is there any view in database shows the users login information...I see only users currently logged in to database...no past logins. any help. DB is 9.2.0.6 sun solaris 8.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

user for all schema

Hi all, How can i create user in oracle 9i which can hase select right on all tablespace and tables
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

user creation in 9i

hi, I have created a user called citiph2 and i have not assigned any privilege for that. but when i try to connect the user as sysdba its getting connected.I am having oracle 9i database in Windows 2000 server.Have anyone faced this problem. The following is the user creation procedure SQL> create user citiph2 identified by a; User created. SQL> conn citiph2/a ERROR: ORA-01045: user CITIPH2 lacks CREATE SESSION privilege; logon denied Warning: You are no longer connected to ORACLE. SQL> conn citiph2/a as sysdba Connected. SQL> select tname from tab;
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

User cannot see tables created by another user

, I am trying to setup a db with 2 user types. appadmin appuser appadmin is used for creating stuff whilst appuser just for queries and updates. I created the users and I created 2 associated roles. However I have not setup the appuser role yet. i created a load of tables connected as appadmin user into the app tablespace. Both users have default tablespace app. Why is it that i can only see these tables connected as appadmin and not appuser\t Pointers appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

[Oracle 817 EE] default schemas and users

hello , I installed a test server for an application, I created a database with the 8i scripts, but I have some schemas and users that I don't use. I will import a schema in the database, so I only need this schema, wut can anybody explain me, what all these schemas and users are Can I remove them Users ADAMS AURORA$JIS$UTILITY$ AURORA$ORB$UNAUTHENTICATED BLAKE CLARK DBSNMP JONES OSE$HTTP$ADMIN OUTLN SCOTT Schemas PUBLIC AURORA$JIS$UTILITY$ DBSNMP OSE$HTTP$ADMIN OUTLN SCOTT Ok, I won't touch SYS and SYSTEM, and probably PUBLIC too. But I think I can remove ADAMS, BLAKE, CLARK, JONES and SCOTT without problem.. and the SCOTT schema too (all tables, indexes, etc...). Are OUTLN and DBSNMP useful And all AURORA$ and OSE$ stuff Help !!!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

wrong user dump dest

For some apparent reason, the .trc files are going into the default ORACLE/rdbms/log default directory. I set the user_dump_dest directory to another dir and did a show parameters and the user_dump_dest definition is correct. Why are the .trc going to the default directory. Oracle Version 8.1.5 Solaris 2.6
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Unable to connect thru Newly creatred user on Linux

Dear all, I have created user "oracle" on Linux3. I'm trying to Install Oracle on Linux. I have created user Oracle,Group "dba",and Oinstall, set all the Enviornment variable. Newly createed user also had the entry in /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow. But while connecting to oracle with #su oracle i'm getting following error., err-/home/oracle/.bashrcermission denied And it returned me to bash prompt. What kind of permiission do i need to give. Plz help me out.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Trigger to store user(actual) details

Hi , Our application behave such that, we have to mention schema username and password before build the application, hence we are having a common schema for all developer. pl. note this constraint (EXAMPLE : USERNAME / PASSWORD : DEV/DEV) I need to track who is doing modification as INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE in some important tables. I have created column in each such table with created_user, created_date, modified_user, modified_date. i have written trigger as CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER bi_bu_emp BEFORE INSERT OR UPDATE ON emp FOR EACH ROW BEGIN IF INSERTING THEN SELECT USER, SYSDATE INTO :NEW.created_user, :NEW.created_time FROM DUAL; ELSIF UPDATING THEN SELECT USER, SYSDATE INTO :NEW.modified_user, :NEW.modified_time FROM DUAL; END IF; END; I AM NOT ABLE TO TRACE WHOSE HAS PARTICULARY DONE THE MODIFICATION, AS ALL THE DEVLOPER ARE USING SAME SCHEMA, AND "USER" FUNCTION WILL RETURN RESULT AS DEV. I NEED TO KNOW WHICH USER HAS DONE THIS. IS THER ANY WAY TO GET THE USER INFORMATION. IN OTHER SITUVATION. TO KILL PARTICULAR SESSION WHICH HANGS UP, I AM USING V$SESSION TABLE, WHICH HAS COLUMN "MACHINE" WHICH IDENTIFIES, WHICH USER SESSION NEED TO BE KILLED. IS THERE ANYWAY TO USE THIS OR ANY OTHER OPTION TO TRACK THE USER. PL. LET ME KNOW. Our application details: Database details: oracle 9i front end : java.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

tracing user processes

while tracing user processess trace files are created these file names bear a number (process number) , which process does this number belong to, how to find out the process name or pid
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

To hide table from users?

Hi ! Is it possible to hide table from users Thank you
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

What user2 did

I'm under user1, i want to know what user2 did ---- eg, what select statment or other commands user2 did or is doing What is the sqlcommand should i use
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

what is password for internal user ?

Hi , Finally i installed the Oracle on my Linux ( Mandrake Linux 7.1 ) box. After finishing the installation of software. I wanted to setup DB instance. I have all the DB Creation script & initsid.ora file. So when i tried connect using internal , i got error login denied :- -------------------------------------------------- oracle@home$ svrmgrl Oracle Server Manager Release 3.0.5.0.0 - Production (c) Copyright 1997, Oracle Corporation. Rights Reserved. Oracle8 Release 8.0.5.0.0 - Production PL/SQL Release 8.0.5.0.0 - Production SVRMGR> connect inernal Password: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied SVRMGR> --------------------------------------------- So i am surprised :- 1. Why it is asking password. Becoz i did not set it up. 2. How do i reset the password so i can create the db after doing connect internal. I tried resetting password using : orapwd file=pwdinternal.ora password=abcdef But even after doing this , when i try to connec to internal it does not accept the password abcdef Can somebody help here
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

[email Server] Can't login in Thin Client with existing user

! I've set up an iAS Email Server. It works when I try to send/receive mail from the Outlook Express Client. I Have 3 users (gert2, suzy2, ilse2) When I go to the thin client (host:7777/esclient/templates/login.jsp) I can see the login page. But when I try to login with one of the three users (with the correct password), I always get the message 'Invalid UserID'. Is there something extra I have to do for the thin client to recognize the users I've performed all the postinstallation steps concerning the Thin Client, except for those with OiD, because I was told I don't need OiD (by Oracle Support) (it's not installed too, so it's not possible to perform those steps!) Another thing which may be of concern: I don't have a different Oracle_home for Email server/Database server & iAS. I didn't install iAS, but installed the necessary iAS components together with Database Server! (I have an Email Server CD from the time before it was Oracle iAS Email Server! It's a 5.2 version though) But I was told (by oracle support) this wasn't a problem normally... Can you help me with this Is there any Thin Client logfile that I can look at, maybe Tnx Gert [Edited by gertvangaever on 10-11-2001 at 05:25 AM]
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

sys$users in v$session

There's a column called service_name in v$session which has three distinct values. 1. DB name 2. sys$background 3.sys$users I have some users with "sys$users" as the service name. I'm not exactly sure how this gets created. I checked for some doc's and did not find anything that clearly explains that. Can someone tell me or point me to some doc's that tell me how these sessions(with service_name sys$users) get created and how they are supposed to get cleaned up. I have sessions from past two days which are inactive and with service_name sys$users.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

SYS user

Hi Friends.. It is said that it is not advisable to use 'INTERNAL' user for regular database administration. But I am not able to shutdown / startup my database when connect as "SYS as SYSDBA". It throws an error as insufficient privileges. How can I use SYS for my regular database maintenance. Thanx in advance.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Works in one user not the Other

BROKEN is a DMP from a 8.17 DB setup by Client A, WORKING is a DMP from 8.17 DB setup by client B. Running in 8.17 both clients using the same schemea I COPY BROKEN.LOCATION into WORKING I run exactly the same sql statement on both tables and on WORKING I get 1 row as expected. On BROKEN I get 42 rows. If I remove the nest selected statement it works fine in both What could be causing the problem the SQL statement is SELECT LOCATION.LOCATION_ID, LOCATION.LOCATION_SUBTYPE_ID, ( select count(*) from location location_count where location_count.parent_location_id = location.location_id and location_count.snapshotbaseline_id is NULL and location_count.location_type_id in ( 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 ) and location_count.deleted = 'NO') As sublocation_counter FROM LOCATION, WHERE ( LOCATION.LOCATION_TYPE_ID = (LOCATION.PARENT_LOCATION_ID is null OR LOCATION.PARENT_LOCATION_ID
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Using SYSTEM tablespace as default and temp for users.

I know its to be avoided but, in reality, has anyone ever had a disaster or come across some real problems because of this We've an application here that creates users with SYSTEM as their Default and Temp tablespaces.They don't user SQL*Plus - so what can go wrong Advice please...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

users

DBA's Since i have 20 number of users on my production database i can ask my users to close their transactions, if i want to change anything on my db. Pls let me know how DBAs are managing a large number of users.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!