SYBASE 12.5.1 Data.ASE.Client Challenges

We have been survigin using the Sybase OLEDB driver on our production .NET application. However, we have been facing errors, specifically Error 4020 when calling a stored procedure with a large parameter list and/or value. As per Sybase Support recommendation, we decided to shift to the newly released .NET Managed Data Provider from Sybase. However, we have been facing some major challenges. 1. The data reader execute fetches data with padded spaces. We didn't get this kind of behavior with OLEDB. To fix this problem, we will have to change all our logic to do do a trim when we load the data.... 2. It seems that the ASE Client datareader is configured as case-sensitive....i.e., we use datareader(column name) to fetch data and if the column name we entered has a different case than the columns in the select clause in the stored procedure, it doesn't recognize it 3. We get an ASEException when the data reader does not return any rows. Any resolutions to the problems above\t We will really appreciate any help from out there. Maybe a setting in the connection string or on the asedatareader class
Posted On: Wednesday 21st of November 2012 02:46:55 AM Total Views:  71
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Oracle PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

oracle 9i/sybase to 9i interface

I'm looking for suggestions on which tools/utilities could be used to design/program 2 separate interfaces. The first interface would be from a Internal 9i DB (A) to a External 9i DB (B). The 2nd interface would be from a Sybase DB to the same 9i DB (B). I'm aware that SQL Loader could be used for a static transfer of tables/tablespaces, but I've been tasked to design a dynamic/online interface to transfer the data as it's committed at approximately 5 minute intervals. The difference in the interfaces (9i to 9i versus Sybase to 9i)is that the Sybase DB to 9i DB interface will include an XML data with no/minimal constraints on the data.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 20th October 2012
View Replies!

sybase .net connector

group, I'am trying to connect a sybase ASE server with the advantage .net connector. I'am unable to set the port property in the connector. The ASE server is version 12.5 I'am i missing something Help is very appreciated Ren
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 2nd November 2012
View Replies!

Connecting to sybase

I'm rather new to asp net development. I'm following the tutorials available on the site and i'm trying to build a dal layer to connect to a sybase db located on an intranet server. I'd like to use the dataset xsd to build the dal layer since i've already used it to develop desktop applications. My problem is that i don't understand how to use the wizard to configure the connection. I know where the database is located, passwords, usernames and so on but i don't understand which informations insert in the add connection windows. At the moment i'm been provided just with a ado.net dll, adding it to the project in the bin folderallow me to connect and manipulate the db but it involves to build the whole access layer. I've tried to add a dataset to theproject and configure it but i'm gone back to the preavious problem. If there is anyone with experience with Sybase i'll be grateful for any help or hints. There's a way tomake the dll available (visible ) to visual studio like sqlserver or oracle drivers (an installer or procedure )\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 2nd November 2012
View Replies!

Calling sybase stored procedure with parameters

I'm having a problem calling a stored procedure in a sybase database. It keeps telling me that the parameters are not being supplied even though I am including them in my code. Here is my code: public DataSet executeSP(string sp, string nace, string timePeriod) \t { \t\t\t OdbcConnection myconn = new OdbcConnection(sConnStringDB); \t\t\t myconn.Open(); \t\t\t OdbcCommand cmd = new OdbcCommand(); \t\t\t OdbcDataAdapter da = new OdbcDataAdapter(); \t\t\t DataSet ds = new DataSet(); \t\t\t cmd = new OdbcCommand(sp, myconn); \t\t\t cmd.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure; \t\t\t OdbcParameter myParm1 = cmd.Parameters.Add("@NACECode", OdbcType.VarChar, 20); \t\t\t myParm1.Value = nace; \t\t\t OdbcParameter myParm2 = cmd.Parameters.Add("@Timeperiod", OdbcType.VarChar, 20); \t\t\t myParm2.Value = timePeriod; \t\t\t da.SelectCommand = cmd; \t\t\t da.Fill(ds); \t\t\t myconn.Close(); \t\t\t return ds; \t } This is the error I'm getting ERROR [HY000] [DataDirect][ODBC Sybase Wire Protocol driver][SQL Server]Procedure DBA_Indicators_S expects parameter @NACECode, which was not supplied. ERROR [HY000] [DataDirect][ODBC Sybase Wire Protocol driver][SQL Server]Procedure DBA_Indicators_S expects parameter @Timeperiod, which was not supplied. I'm confident the SP is correct as I can call it from elsewhere passing in parameters and it brings back expected results.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 3rd November 2012
View Replies!

sybase related problem

Hi all, I am very new to sybase. I have a sybase database. Which sybase tool i will use to restore that database and query against the database.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Identity Problem in sybase

hi iam using sybase 11.0.3.3 ,In my sybase i cant use identity .If i used first time the values are getting incremented.But if i restated the server the values are jumping from 3 to directly 50004.so i any one solved please help me
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

sybase connection problem

hello,I would like to know thatis it possible to connect sybase database with our asp.net application if yes then please tell me the details who to do for the same.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

selling sybase ,oracle ocp stuff at low cost

Selling Sybase, Oracle OCP stuff at lower cost! several CDs, Over 5G toally blah blah blah If I wanna sell I have like 13, 14 GB gosh please stop posting market place like posts here [Edited by pando on 09-21-2001 at 06:35 AM]
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 7th November 2012
View Replies!

sybase timstamp

Hi how do i convert a unix timestamp into a conventional oracle date format thanx
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

sybase!!

Guy's!! I know this is not the forum to post this question but need some help !! How to set pagesize and linesize in SYBASE Pls help!!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

sybase default pssswords

yeah yeah, i know.. it's all oracle here.. but we have a Sybase db froma client and no passwords. DO you happen to know the default sys or SYS passwords any other users/passwords to try
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

how connect to sybase 11.92

how can I connect to sybase database(11.92) what database drivers used is there any example script
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Wrong number of parameters for sybase

all, I am trying to connect to a sybase datase (5.5) version i think. Belowis the code and parameter list i am using to execute aSP \t\t\t Dim mycmd As New OdbcCommand("sp_drum_fact") \t\t\t mycmd.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure \t\t\t mycmd.Parameters.Add("drumfact", OdbcType.Char).Value = "95.3" \t\t\t mycmd.Parameters(0).Direction = ParameterDirection.Input \t\t\t mycmd.Parameters.Add("eq", OdbcType.VarChar, 20).Direction = ParameterDirection.ReturnValue \t\t\t mycmd.Parameters.Add("descrip", OdbcType.VarChar, 20).Direction = ParameterDirection.ReturnValue \t\t\t mycmd.Parameters.Add("size", OdbcType.Real).Direction = ParameterDirection.ReturnValue I am connecting fine and the stored procedure has the 1 input parameter and then the 3 return values. The issue i am getting is a Wrong number of parameters problem. Can anyone help me out with this, is there something i am not aware of or possible tips you could give me on this situation.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

fill problem with sybase (odbc.net)

I have a stored procedure that when executed manually return results from a temp table. now, calling it from the code - I get no data returned from the stored procedure call. I am using odbc.net but NOT using the "call" method to call this procedure. when I tested this procedure with some basic work and select - the results came back fine. then I had to add a cursor to loop through and do some stuff, then select from this new temp tables- now I have no data returned in my code. there are several temp tables being used, but seems the problem is when I use the cursor no results. when I put a select statement before the cursor and comment out the cursor, I do get results back to my code. Is the CALL method critical\t I am just passing sql statement "exec proccname p1,p2..." any thoughts bev
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to connect remote server sybase database from sql server 2005 client through linked server

Hi Friends, I have tried to connect throughodbc driver, But it will be getting unable to establish connection error. But while accessing in dotnet 2005 application through coding, It was able to connect it. Anyother way is their to connect Please help me in this issue.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

sybase - question on sql statement in stored procedure

I have a question regarding if and how this can be done in a stored procedure. the sql statement uses an IN statement, from a string that I am building in the proc. I basically use a string like to build a variable @sc - which equals 'H','X','T' select @sc = @sc + ",'" + @ssss + "'" and then the where statement looks like this: d.sc in (@sc) so this comes back empty. when I do this, it comes back with Data. How can I get the IN statement to work in a Stored proc. d.sc = @sc1 or d.sc = @sc2 - sc1 = 'H', sc2 = 'X'. bev
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Suggest me for sybase

Guys, could u please give me some sites which is similar to this site but about sybase administration.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

Connectivity to sybase from ASP application

oRs.Source = "insert into eRequestState (CurrentSQL) values('" & Replace(sSql, "'", "''") & "')" & ";select @@identity" When we run theabove piece of codewhichis written invb components from ASP application using Sybase database connectivity we are getting the following errror: ERROR: =========== Description: [DataDirect][ODBC Sybase Wire Protocol driver][SQL Server]Incorrect syntax near ';'. Native Error: #102 Source:Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers SQL State:42000 Environment:Windows 2000 Professional,.NET Framework 1.1 ,vb 6.0 Can you pls provide a soultion on the same.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 21st November 2012
View Replies!