SQL Expert Exam 1Z0-047 (best study materials?)

I hope someone can help me, I am interested in taking this cert: SQL Expert Exam 1Z0-047. Does anyone have a suggestion for the best study materials

Eventually, I would also like to take this exam, 11g Administration I Exam: 1Z0-052.

I'll get to that one once I pass the 047 cert...

-
Posted On: Monday 31st of December 2012 01:52:35 AM Total Views:  248
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Oracle PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

URGENT help - Instance shutdown

The database crashed last night with the following message : LGWR: terminating instance due to error 19502 Instance terminated by LGWR, pid = 113 When I try to restart it, it gets to the alter database open command, then shuts down immediately giving the same error message as above. Can anyone help please
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 7th November 2012
View Replies!

RMAN?????????????

, I am trying to restore a database which I have backed up with RMAN. I have just taken the backup. Then shutdown the database so I can restore but I get the following. Recovery Manager: Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production RMAN-06005: connected to target database: PICIS_DB (DBID=1703376184) RMAN-06008: connected to recovery catalog database RMAN> shutdown immediate; RMAN-06405: database closed RMAN-06404: database dismounted RMAN-06402: Oracle instance shut down RMAN> startup mount pfile=$ORACLE_HOME/DATABASE/INITPICIS.ORA RMAN-00571: =========================================================== RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS =============== RMAN-00571: =========================================================== RMAN-04005: error from target database: ORA-12505: TNS:listener could not resolve SID given in connect descriptor Any ideas anyone, this is driving me crazy.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Random Number Generator

Is there a random number generator in oracle that I could call from my programs
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Oracle9ias Portal

Hii I want to download oracle9IAS portal for windows2000. I was searched in OTN site, but here download for Sun,Unix. Any one know down url send me
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Slightly Random Question...

I am working through some statspack sql scripts for reasons I wont go into now and was wondering if someone could explain exactly what the following two lines of code mean \t (If you could explain exactly what each statement means and does I would be v grateful... npmpt := DLMDIF('ges msgs process time(ms)'); dbfr := SYSDIF('DBWR fusion writes');
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

To find objects belonging to a tablespace

I have just noted that today, one of the datafiles that was yesterday, 484 Meg full - is today 250 Meg full. Each datafile relates directly to a tablespace for simplicity so. Can someone help me discover every object that exists in a tablespace please, tables - indexes and anything else. I assume I need a query of some sort.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

query related to file storage

Hi Friends I need your advices. My problem is that I have two option in my hand and I have to choose one of them. See we are uploading files now I can keep these files outside the database as well as inside the database now tell me which is more better. Outside the database means I will store somewhere in my harddisk and store the actual position of that file in the database and the second option is I will go for long object. Now what should I do which one is more better please tell me with some strong reason.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Retrieve source code

Dear all, I would like to find out if there is a way to retrieve source code of stored procedures/functions from the database. I used to use TOAD to retrieve the source code; however, my TOAD is no longer able to connect to remote database any more. I tried v$sqltext, dba_sql but didn't see what I am looking for.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

patch

Hi: Please let me know where can I get the patch for 8.0.5.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

outlook express to oracle -- automation

Hi I am getting some client details in formated mail.(say outlook express (excel formated) or outlook). I need to transfer that data into my database. How to insert the details automatically into my oracle 8i database. ( We want to automate that process).
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Oracle V8.i using the Fail Over option

Hi Could anybody tell me what what is fail Over option in 8i. Any link or documentation\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

RBS in replication envrionment

In a replication environment(use the replicated db for reporting only), when you do a refresh, either complete or fast, what rollback segments are being used The rbs in the master db, or in the local db\t\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Updating Arabic Data in ORACLE

Thanks for advances. We are new to arabic data. We are working with Visual Studio 2008 with Oracle 10g. We are geting data using SELECT statement, Inserting Data using INSERTING statement and Updating Data using UPDATE Statements. Here we are facing problem when we are passing ARABIC data in Where Condision. UPDATEHELP_ARG SET\tHELP_DESC = 'SOME TEXT' WHERE HLP_NAME= '\t\t\t \t\t' ; Abouv statement is working fine from other languages but from ASP.Net, this above statement is not updating. Your help/suggessions are more helpful to us.Please guide us. - Sivani
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Creating a new table

, I am new to MySQL so I did a tutorial by Faisal Khan which i've found online on accessing a MySQL database from ASP.NET to try to get up to speed . I have installed MySQL version 5.0.41-community-nt on my machine using a windows installer. The tut was done using version 4.1. I was able to follow everything in it up until the last two steps of the tut. I was trying to create a table called "createnamestable.sql" within the "test" database by creating it in notepad, pasting the following code in it: CREATE TABLE Names ( ID INT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY AUTO_INCREMENT, FirstName TINYTEXT NOT NULL, LastName TINYTEXT NOT NULL ); Then place it in any folder and then try to open it with the following syntax: C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\data\test\createnamestable.sql; To my surprise it did not work. I thought that putting the "createnamestable.sql" file in the same folder as the "test" database would help but it didn't The errors I get are: Error: Unknown command '\D' . Error: Unknown command '\M' Error: Unknown command '\M' I don't know what else to do. Is the syntax that I used wrong for my version of MySQL I would really be grateful if someone can help me out with this. Thank you in advance for your help.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

web.config and mysql

all, I am having issue with my web.config and mysql connection. I need to know if i am missing something Here is how it looks. \t\t now from everything that i am reading that should work, ut of course it is not working.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Could not load file or assembly Interop.Domino

My web page uses Interop.Domino to update a document. It works fine the first time call. When the second call, ti will raise error: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt. {"Could not load file or assembly 'Interop.Domino, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.":"Interop.Domino, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null"} Here is my code: NotesDatabase ntdb = session.GetDatabase(notesServer, "oadata/test.nsf", false); NotesDocument doc = ntdb.CreateDocument(); doc.ReplaceItemValue("Form", "formula"); doc.ReplaceItemValue("Proposer_NO", "12345"); doc.Save(true, false); string noteid = doc.NoteID; doc = null; NotesAgent nagnt = ntdb.GetAgent("test_agent"); nagnt.RunOnServer(noteid); nagnt = null; The error is on RunOnServer. Any comment.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Login controls + mySQL database problem

I am usually working with PHP and am pretty much brand new at ASP.NE and have encountered a problem that most likely has a simple solution. I am trying to create a custom login using the built-in login control that is going to work with a mySQL database. Just to check if the database connection works as it should I use this piece of code: \t PartialClasslogin InheritsSystem.Web.UI.Page ProtectedSubLogin1_Authenticate(ByValsenderAsObject,ByValeAsSystem.Web.UI.WebControls.AuthenticateEventArgs) DimcnAsNewOdbcConnection("Driver={MySQLODBC3.51Driver};server=xxx.xxx.xx.xx;database=yadayadayada;user=yada;pwd=yada;option=3;") cn.Open() cn.Close() EndSub EndClass Once I submit the login form the page tries to reload for a while until a connection error occurs as the server can not be found. Amon some other things it says: "Unable to connect to SQL Server database.". Why is it trying to connect to an SQL Server and not the one I have specified or am I failing to see something here There is nothing wrong with the connection string itself, it works fine when presenting data.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

oracle database access

Sub page_load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs) Handles Me.Load \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t Dim ds As System.Data.DataSet \t\t\t\t\t Dim conn As System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection \t\t\t\t\t Dim comm As System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter \t\t\t\t\t Dim str As String = "select * from username.table1" \t\t\t\t\t conn = New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection("provider=MSDAORA; datasource = langchao;user=username;password=password") \t\t\t\t\t conn.Open() \t\t\t\t\t ds = New System.Data.DataSet() \t\t\t\t\t comm = New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter(str, conn) \t\t\t\t\t comm.Fill(ds, "table1") \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t Dim dv As System.Data.DataView = New System.Data.DataView() \t\t\t\t\t dv = ds.Tables("station").DefaultView \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t datagrid.DataSource = dv \t\t\t\t\t datagrid.DataMember = "table1" \t\t\t\t\t datagrid.DataBind() \t\t\t\t\t conn.Close() \t\t\t End Sub the error message : cannot find the table in oracle database . butthe table1 and username and password exits.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

File or assembly name Oracle.DataAccess, or one of its dependencies, was not found

I am getting this error while deploying one asp .net site which has Oracle as backend. I think I have different version of the ODP.NET on my machine. What else can be wrong
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Help with Oracle Connection string...

I am trying to open a view in an oracle db... con.ConnectionString = "User Id=userid;Password=password;Data Source=dbinstance;" What should I use as Data Source Is it the server name Or create a ora file and use that I am BRAND new to Oracl connecting from dot net so pardon my knowledge...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Question on listener.log

Is there a parameter that I can set to move it to another directory, and not the default location '/oracle_home/network/log thx Ed
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 16th November 2012
View Replies!

Problem with NULL fields

when I retrieve data from MySql if one of the fields is null the rest of the rows in the same column get null values, I dont know why. i use Microsoft Visual Studio 2002 mysql-4.0.20d-win mysql-connector-net-1.0.0-beta.zip
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 21st November 2012
View Replies!