Scheduling a SP call

Hi ,

Can anyone please tell me how I can schedule the call of my stored preocedure.
I want it to be called once every week.
I did not want to use cron jobs.
I am using Oracle 8i.

Posted On: Thursday 15th of November 2012 11:24:03 PM Total Views:  390
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Oracle PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

SQL Loader - Job scheduling

Hi! I wrote a sql loader script to load data from flat files. I want to schedule a job for data loading script using diffrent flat files every day. How can I define different flat file name in same script automatically.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 17th October 2012
View Replies!

scheduling of jobs

I have created a job through TOAD, and scheduled it to run every sunday. dbms_refresh_pool.keep('package_name') I put in sysdate+7 for the interval. However, when the time for it to run comes, it changes next run time to the next day, instead of seven days from now, changes the time all BY ITSELF. The last date field is empty, so I am not even sure if it ran or not. Did anyone ever come across this problem. Is there another wat to schedule this type of job
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 17th October 2012
View Replies!

job scheduling

Hi We have a job (using dbms_job package) which runs every 1 hour. The user now wants an option in such a way that he can control the scheduling of the job i.e he wants the privilege to set the time when the next time the job would run. How do i parameterize the scheduling part of the job.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 19th October 2012
View Replies!

Dr. Watson Error on NT when scheduling Exports

I have some tasks scheduled on my Windows NT 4 which take a export of the database. Whenever the tasks get executed I get the following error. Dr. watson error for windows NT An application error has occurred and an application log is being generated. exp80.exe Exception:access Violation (0xC0000005) Address 0x00403886. Its only this task which gives a problem others work fine.for example the task which takes a cold back up of the database runs fine.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 19th October 2012
View Replies!

cron scheduling.

, Assume I want to set up a cron job but I want to test whether it works or not. Firstly I have done ./scriptname.ksh from the unix prompt to test the logic. it runs fines. I want to do a cron test run NOW before final setup. Assume I want to test this script today 9-dec-05 at 9:30 am. This entry below doesn't wakeup. 30 09 9 * * /xxxx/xxxxx/xxxx/script_name.ksh > /dev nulll then I tried this (for 9:35 am) 35 09 * * * /xxxx/xxxxx/xxxx/script_name.ksh > /dev nulll still nothing happens. p/s First I check the time by doing (date) on another window before saving the cron entry usually with at least about a minute to spare. permissions on the script are 755 I even tried 777.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 19th October 2012
View Replies!

scheduling a DML statement

Is it possible to schedule a DML statement, an INSERT for example, without putting it into a procedure and scheduling it with dbms_job Is dbms_job able to schedule individual statements Thank you
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 20th October 2012
View Replies!

RMAN script scheduling: cron or in Veritas Netbackup

(Solaris 8 - Oracle 9.2) If you are using RMAN + Veritas Netbackup can you please share with me where you are scheduling your RMAN script Is it scheduled inside a UNIX cron or inside Netbackup itself Currently, I run hot backups daily from a cron and then the Netbackup policy is scheduled latter to put the files off to tape. To make the scheduling process more top-down, I vision a Netbackup script running the RMAN script and when the hot backup is completed Netbackup knows exactly when and then starts archiving to tape. As always
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 20th October 2012
View Replies!

job scheduling

hi folks, How can i schedule a job in oracle, like executing a stored procedure at a particular time. best wishes, vinodh
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 25th October 2012
View Replies!

probelm scheduling thru cron job "ORPHAN (no passwd entry)"

i have a probelm scheduling (export dmp)exp.exe ,i edited crontab -e and added the following 38 15 * * * . /home/oracle/scripts/export.sh & now if i check /var/log/cron,i get logs like "" (tmp.29581) ORPHAN (no passwd entry)"" no info found in tmp.29581 the export.sh is all fine &will work when executed manually however does't trigger when scheduled however i checked with a dummy script called a.sh which creates an empty file & it worked plz help regards, natraj.dba
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 1st November 2012
View Replies!

stored proc scheduling in CRON

Hi , Could anyone explain or point me to material that explains how to schedule a stored procedure in a cron job
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

scheduling a DML statement

Is it possible to schedule a DML statement, an INSERT for example, without putting it into a procedure and scheduling it with dbms_job Is dbms_job able to schedule individual statements Thank you
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

scheduling sql loader

I recently updated a table in windows 2000 server and oracle 816, using sql loader and flat files. I would like to know how to schedule sql loader for loading purposes in the evenings. Please guide me on how to write a script or guide me to a web page . thnakx ICEMAN
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 2nd November 2012
View Replies!

SQL Loader - Job scheduling

Hi! I wrote a sql loader script to load data from flat files. I want to schedule a job for data loading script using diffrent flat files every day. How can I define different flat file name in same script automatically.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 4th November 2012
View Replies!

scheduling

i am having netware server 5.1 with oracle 8 . daily i am exporting one user`s database into some .dmp file by using enterprise manager and whenever i need i am importing that file . are there any scheduling options in oracle 8 enterprise manager for netware . one more thing i have to clarify is can we export the database of an oracle 8 server`s user by using oracle 8i client . plz help me in these issues
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 7th November 2012
View Replies!

RMAN - 1) job scheduling 2) incremental CPU usage

1) How and where do you typically initiate/schedule your backup jobs -a) cron (local server) b) cron (remote server where your catalog sits) c) dbms_job on local database d) From the Netbackup/TDP/other backup admin server Why so I would think the last ('d') would be most appropriate since if the the backup server is itself down, there is no point initiating a backup in the first place. This way you exercise more control over when it makes sense to initiate the backup 2) Concepts question - Why is CPU usage so much lower on an INCR backups versus a Level0 backup (both cases - backing up to tape with 2 channels). I would expect a small change..but not something dramatic. A full used 50% on a 4CPU box, while the INCR barely used 15%! I thought the INCR reads the entire d/f as well. Yes, it is proportional to d/b activity..and so not all blocks had to be backed up (and i/o is lower)..but still that doesn't explain the difference. Atleast it isn't something apparent to me!
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

RMAN script scheduling: cron or in Veritas Netbackup

(Solaris 8 - Oracle 9.2) If you are using RMAN + Veritas Netbackup can you please share with me where you are scheduling your RMAN script Is it scheduled inside a UNIX cron or inside Netbackup itself Currently, I run hot backups daily from a cron and then the Netbackup policy is scheduled latter to put the files off to tape. To make the scheduling process more top-down, I vision a Netbackup script running the RMAN script and when the hot backup is completed Netbackup knows exactly when and then starts archiving to tape. As always
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Plz i need support in scheduling job & window

what can i do , if i want job start when window is opening and stop when window closed , and make scheduling to this operation . thx Tarek
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

single big tablespace versus multiple tablespaces

My database version is Code: Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.1.0.7.0 - 64bit Production PL/SQL Release 11.1.0.7.0 - Production CORE 11.1.0.7.0 Production TNS for Linux: Version 11.1.0.7.0 - Production NLSRTL Version 11.1.0.7.0 - Production My os version is Code: Linux damdat01 2.6.18-128.7.1.el5 #1 SMP Wed Aug 19 04:00:49 EDT 2009 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux My database is OLP system. My question is what are the advantages and disadvantages having one single tablespace versus multiple tablespace Easy to maintain when you have single tablespace. but hard to track the IO issues. Any other input from any one Please let me know.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

Selection spec - Should I be using them pesky analytical functions?

Hi Guys, Rushed off my feet as usual, large production environment supporting large complex local applications. So, I gets an email with the following enquiry, and am hoping to look into it tomorrow evening. But, I know you love these things, so I thought you might be so kind as to give me a head start. I'm thinking analytical functions here, and I know juri & dapi understand these things. Enough waffle..... We have an account_history table (simplified). ACCOUNT_NUMBER NUMBER(10), ACCOUNT_BALANCE NUMBER(5), DATE_STAMP --------------------------------------------------------------------- "What we need is to take those account numbers with at least three months worth of account history (the last three months worth) - So 3 rows with the same account_number. We want to end up with a table containing an account number and the account_balance average for the last 3 months for that account number. We don't want accounts with less than three months, and we don't want to sum up more than three months worth even if they have more account history than that." --------------------------------------------------------------------- I'd greatly appreciate any input
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

scheduling of jobs

I have created a job through TOAD, and scheduled it to run every sunday. dbms_refresh_pool.keep('package_name') I put in sysdate+7 for the interval. However, when the time for it to run comes, it changes next run time to the next day, instead of seven days from now, changes the time all BY ITSELF. The last date field is empty, so I am not even sure if it ran or not. Did anyone ever come across this problem. Is there another wat to schedule this type of job
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!