Role, user one doubt..pls help

When i query dba_role_privs, one of the GRANTEE there is 'DBA' which is granted several roles & now when i query dba_users there is no 'DBA' value in column USER there....i understand one would say DBA would be a role in dba_role_privs and not an actual user..but if thats the case then why SYS which is assigned DBA role has some similar roles which are shown assigned to this GRANTEE 'DBA'....also if any user DBA is there why it is not showing up in dba_users...please let me know where am wrong or misunderstood something..or let me know if i need to rephrase my query to make it more clear....
Posted On: Monday 31st of December 2012 01:14:29 AM Total Views:  254
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Oracle PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

asp.net connecting to oracle db IIS problem

Hi , im develping a website that is connected to oracle database and read data every 5 secnds (by using timer) the project is working correctly and everything is good in Visual Studio environment (this is inside visual studio ) http://im12.gulfup.com/2011-09-25/1316940062742.jpg but when i run on IIS server as local host it is not connecting to the oracle database and gives page error.. (this one from IIS server) http://im16.gulfup.com/2011-09-25/1316940222131.jpg
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 7th November 2012
View Replies!

please help

What is the connection string that you are using The error says invalid login. Did the password change recently\t Check if the credentials in the connection string are correct
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How to call an oracle function with a user defined type as parameter

OracleCommand cmd2 = new OracleCommand(); cmd2.Connection = conn; cmd2.CommandText = ""; cmd2.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure; cmd2.Parameters.AddWithValue("org_id", \t); cmd2.Parameters.AddWithValue("date_from", 26-11-2008 16:56:29); cmd2.Parameters.AddWithValue("date_to", 26-11-2008 16:56:29); cmd2.Parameters.AddWithValue("id", 10); cmd2.Parameters.Add("crs_kzlpers", OracleType.Cursor).Direction = ParameterDirection.Output; etc.. The \t parameter has a should look something like this: "organization_id(1,2,3,4,5)" I tried: cmd.Parameters.Add("id", OracleType.\t).Value = 10); before, but I got stuck at the \t cause the user defined type is not known there... Does anyone have a solution for this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

import data from mysql using Visual Web Developer 2005 express

. I would like to import the data from an existing mysql database to the sql server 2005 express integrated in vwd 2005 express. That means get the data from MySQL into a .mdf file (correct me if i'm wrong) It can be as simple as retrieving data from a .txt file that was created with the MySQL export function. eg: INSERTINTO`images`VALUES(3,'','','../catalog/photos/photo04.jpg',3,'nl'); INSERTINTO`images`VALUES(1,'','Cornichelumineuserf.404','../catalog/photos/photo02.jpg',2,'fr'); INSERTINTO`images`VALUES(1,'','','../catalog/photos/photo02.jpg',2,'en'); INSERTINTO`images`VALUES(1,'','','../catalog/photos/photo02.jpg',2,'nl'); INSERTINTO`images`VALUES(2,'','Batibouw2003','../catalog/photos/photo03.jpg',1,'fr'); INSERTINTO`images`VALUES(2,'','','../catalog/photos/photo03.jpg',1,'en'); INSERTINTO`images`VALUES(2,'','','../catalog/photos/photo03.jpg',1,'nl'); INSERTINTO`images`VALUES(3,'','','../catalog/photos/photo04.jpg',3,'fr'); INSERTINTO`images`VALUES(3,'','','../catalog/photos/photo04.jpg',3,'en'); Thank you.\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Connect to Oracle and Access

I need a script where i can easy change a kind of connection string to use Oracle or Access. What is the best way to do this. I've got this code: OleDbConnection conn; OleDbCommand comm; OleDbDataReader dr; conn = new OleDbConnection("Provider = Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source = C:\\db1.mdb"); comm = new OleDbCommand("Select * from Table1",conn); conn.Open(); dr = comm.ExecuteReader(); DataGrid1.DataSource = dr; DataGrid1.DataBind(); conn.Close(); But can i use this connection also for the oracle database
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Error updating/deleting records mysql error 23000

I have a problem with asp.net 2.0 and my mysql db. I have a datalist that connects to a single table, and binds only a few rows of data to a datalist. Problem is, when I run the update command, absolutely nothing happens - when I run the delete command, I get an error. I am stuck - absolutely stuck.....any help would be much appreciated. Scripts are here, UI is belowSubPage_Load IfNotIsPostBackThen BindDataList EndIf EndSub SubBindDataList DimconnAILAPaymentsAsOdbcConnection DimcmdSelectAsOdbcCommand DimdtrReasonsAsOdbcDataReader connAILAPayments=NewOdbcConnection(ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("connAILAPayments")) cmdSelect=NewOdbcCommand("SELECT*FROMailapayments_reasonsORDERBYReason",connAILAPayments) connAILAPayments.Open() dtrReasons=cmdSelect.ExecuteReader() dlstPayments.DataSource=dtrReasons dlstPayments.DataBind() dtrReasons.Close() connAILAPayments.Close() lblException.Visible=false EndSub SubdlstPayments_UpdateCommand(sAsObject,eAsDataListCommandEventArgs) DimconnAILAPaymentsAsOdbcConnection DimstrUpdateAsString DimcmdUpdateAsOdbcCommand DimstrReasonIDAsString DimtxtReasonAsTextBox strReasonID=dlstPayments.DataKeys(e.Item.ItemIndex) txtReason=e.Item.FindControl("txtReason") connAILAPayments=NewOdbcConnection(ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("connAILAPayments")) strUpdate="UPDATEailapayments_reasonsSETReason=@ReasonWHEREReasonID=@ReasonID" cmdUpdate=NewOdbcCommand(strUpdate,connAILAPayments) cmdUpdate.Parameters.Add("@ReasonID",OdbcType.Int).Value=strReasonID cmdUpdate.Parameters.Add("@Reason",txtReason.Text) connAILAPayments.Open() cmdUpdate.ExecuteNonQuery() connAILAPayments.Close() dlstPayments.EditItemIndex=-1 BindDataList lblException.Visible=false EndSub SubdlstPayments_DeleteCommand(sAsObject,eAsDataListCommandEventArgs) \tDimconnSTTAsOdbcConnection DimstrDeleteAsString DimcmdDeleteAsOdbcCommand DimstrReasonIDAsString strReasonID=dlstPayments.DataKeys(e.Item.ItemIndex) connSTT=NewOdbcConnection(ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("connAILAPayments")) strDelete="DELETEailapayments_reasonsWHEREReasonID=@ReasonID" cmdDelete=NewOdbcCommand(strDelete,connSTT) cmdDelete.Parameters.Add("@ReasonID",strReasonID) connSTT.Open() cmdDelete.ExecuteNonQuery() connSTT.Close() dlstPayments.EditItemIndex=-1 BindDataList EndSub UI is here Reason:     Reason: Reason:
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Read and Write images from Oracle using ASP.NET

I have been reading a little bit about BLOBS, but I don't know how to read and wwrite images from the server. Could somebody help me please! ... trip through all your imagination
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Commerce Server Profile Migraiton

What asymmetric algorithm does the Commerce Server 2009 uses for encrypting and decrypting the sensitive data Please provide me an update if any one knows this
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

creating Oracle s.p, triggers ,functions or table in c#

, i got an requirement where the user inputs the oracle stored procedures,triggers,functions,tables,views or packages and when they press the execute button they should be execute or else if there's an error in the scripts while being debugged they must be roll backed .had any one worked on such stuff before
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Can't add Foxpro connection but manually works

Following this article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa977092(v=vs.71).aspx Every time I get to the part where you click on "Data Links", VS2010 crashes. I get the little "trying to figure out the problem while we restart the app" pop up. I can successfully connect to the FoxPro datbase using code (like old school with connection string, etc), but I really would like to see the tables visually. Also, in the above tutorial they don't tell you that you need to first click on ".NET Framework provider for OLE DB", then click on the datalinks button (unless I did it wrong). Also: To get the database to be seen programically (ie using a connection string inside my .vb file instead of through a formal connection that I can drag into a database diagram to make views), I had to install the FoxPro driver from here on my system: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspxfamilyid=e1a87d8f-2d58-491f-a0fa-95a3289c5fd4&displaylang=en (I installed the .msi) Please advise. I need VS to stop crashing and let me add the connection.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

asp.net mysql odbc and membership roles

all, I am building this asp.net website with mysql and login controls. I used mysql connector/net and found that the hosting company doesn't support it and they recommended me to use odbc. Can someone point me to a good article or explain me here how to setup the login controls,membership, user roles with odbc connection Appreciate any help..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

ODP.NET and IIS

High I developed a web application in C# using .NET 4, the application connects to a Oracle 10g XE database so I decided to you ODP.NET even though it is deprecated. I'm not much of a web developer :) and my first time actually depolying a website. Currently I am writing the installation document for this system and ran into this problem when setting up the web application. ServerErrorin'/'Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ConfigurationError Description:Anerroroccurredduringtheprocessingofaconfigurationfilerequiredtoservicethisrequest.Pleasereviewthespecificerrordetailsbelowandmodifyyourconfigurationfileappropriately. ParserErrorMessage:Couldnotloadfileorassembly'Oracle.DataAccess,Version=4.112.2.0,Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=89b483f429c47342'oroneofitsdependencies.Thesystemcannotfindthefilespecified. SourceError: Line12: Line13: Line14: Line15: Line16: IgoogledthisproblemanditseemsthatIneedtoinstalltheODP.NETonthemachinethatwillhostthewebapplicaton.\tSoshouldIinstallthisonthemachinethatwillruntheapplication"ODAC11.2Release3(11.2.0.2.1)withXcopyDeployment".ImighthavetogettherightverisonthatIdevelopedthesysteminThankyouinadvance.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Security of putting MySQL connection strings in Web.Config

Hi folks This is my connection string in Web.Config. \t \t But I am uneasy with this way because I put the id and pwd. Is Web.Config secure is the way i did secure Are there any better ways
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Passwords Posted in Clear Text using .NET Connector and Login Control

I posted this on the MySql .NET Connector forum, and haven't seen a response yet. Hoping someone can help me. I've discovered (actually, it was pointed out to me on my blog), that I am sending my passwords in clear text on my login page using the .NET Connector v5.2.3 and the asp:Login control (article on exactly what I did here: http://www.marvinpalmer.com/MarvinPalmer/post/Implement-NET-Membership-and-Roles-using-MySql-Connector-523-on-GoDaddy.aspx). I looked at it in Fiddler and sure enough, the password is posting in clear text. In the database, however, it appears to be hashed or encrypted or something. [:P] I compared this to another site I did using Sql Server and the asp:Login control, and that login page is sending the password hashed (or encrypted - I don't honestly know the difference). Is their some trick to getting the login control to hash a password when submitting to a MySql database using the asp:Login control. I did try adding passwordFormat="hashed" or passwordFormat="encrypted" to my web.config in the membership provider section. It didn't break anything, but didn't fix anything either.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Help regarding excel reading in dataset

I am reading one excel sheet in datset. In this I am selecting one rage of column fom H124:H137. IAmThere is one issue whenever there is some numeric value in the columns H125 to H130 the dataset is reading the values stored in cell range H133 to H137. but if there is not value in the H125 to H130 the dataset is just skipping the value of column H133 to H137. please help me by telling what all is happening I need solution on urgent basis.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

PL/SQL return a dataset so XML embeds children?

Icreated an Oracle stored proc that queries a parent and child table and returns a sysrefcursor containing the data. My ASP.NET 2.0 page gets that as a dataset then converts it to an XML string. Problem: the XML is not "normalized". It repeats the parent for each child record that exists. Question: Is it possible to return the dataset so when it is converted to XML, the XML embeds the children like this\t In other words, the parent does not repeat for each child\t Is this something I must do programmatically (build my own XML by looping through the non-normalized data) \t \t \t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Export a data base to a csv

i need to do is to be able to go on to my website and be able to download my sql dater base as a csv how do i do this. thanks alot sam ps if doing this is to hard is there a way of backing the dater base up just as a sql or a sql query# thanks agin
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Convert convert xslx(office 2007 exel format ) to dataset

hello all how can we convert the Convert xslx(office 2007 exel format ) to dataset\t pls help me
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Using SQL Script at runtime.

Currently im using SQL queries in combination with ASP.NET.. I have currently only one table('Requests'), which has all the user info of name,id,studyrequested etc.. A person can request for any number of studies. Now the prob is that from now on whenever a user requests for a new study not only should his details be stored in the Request table but also in a new Users table. In the Users table that particular users details must only be loaded once.. i.e. if the same user enrolls for another study his details should only be updated in the requests table and not in the Users table, since his details have already been loaded once in the Users Table.. While this works fine for new users, but what bout the old users already stored in the Requests table before the Users table existed. Is there any way i could run a sql script only once at runtime, so that all the old legacy users are loaded once in to the Users Table.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Oracle function call from C#, return DataSet? Pipelined

Got one for the Oracle/C# gurus. I have a function setup in my Oracle 10G database that returns a pipelined dataset. The function takes one input parameter in VARCHAR2 format, and runs fine from TOAD. I'm using .NET 2.0 and System.Data.OracleClient, and this is the code in question: \tDataTabledt=newDataTable(); OracleConnectionConn=newOracleConnection(ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["ConnectionString"].ConnectionString); OracleCommandDbComm=newOracleCommand("SCHEMA.MYFUNCTION",Conn); DbComm.CommandType=CommandType.StoredProcedure; OracleParameterinVar=newOracleParameter("VAR",OracleType.VarChar); inVar.Direction=ParameterDirection.Input; 9\t\tinVar.Value="999"; DbComm.Parameters.Add(inVar); //I'vetriedthisblockofcode: Conn.Open(); OracleDataAdapteradapter=newOracleDataAdapter(DbComm); adapter.Fill(dt); Conn.Close(); //Andalsotriedthis: Conn.Open(); OracleDataReaderreader=DbComm.ExecuteReader(); dt.Load(reader); reader.Close(); Conn.Close(); This is the result: ERROR: ORA-06550: line 1, column 7: PLS-00221: 'MYFUNCTION' is not a procedure or is undefined ORA-06550: line 1, column 7: PL/SQL: Statement ignored Any hints\t I haven't seen anywhere on the net where there is an example of a C# call to a Oracle FUNCTION that returns a dataset.....
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Trouble with datagrid & MySQL

Perhaps one of you folk out there can help me out with this, or at least point me in the right direction I'm trying to get started working on a project using Visual Studio 05 and MySQL 5. I've also installed (i beleive correctly) the .Net connector (v5) and theODBC connector (v3.51). I'm pretty much new to both of these environments (I've used plain Asp, but I'm new to the .nwt 2.0 stuff) and I'm new to MySQL (although not entirely new to databases), so I'm just trying to get a handle on how this FormView(and DetailsView/GridView, which, for the basics, I imagine function much the same) work. I've managed to get connected to the database (locally) and draw data from there and display it, thats easy enough, but my trouble arises when I try to update a record on the FormView (seen below) it tells me that I've got an unknown column in the feild list. (ERROR [42S21] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-5.0.27-community-nt]Unknown column 'NULLRegion' in 'field list' ) Most of what I've got here is what Visual Studio generated for me from the wizard with some tweaks to try to fix the update. (Although I think the only thing I've changed is the default '@'s in the Update query to ''s because somewhere I read that thats what should work for MySQL.) Code (Data connection): ...\t (edited for brevity) ... (edited for brevity) Code (Form View): Contract_Number: Description: Region: Contractor_ID: Contract_Tender_Price: Modified_Tender_Price: Project_Manager_ID: CEA_Agreement: Sponsor_ID: Holdback: GST_Rate: ... (edited for brevity) Contract_Number: Description: Region: Contractor_ID: Contract_Tender_Price: Modified_Tender_Price: Project_Manager_ID: CEA_Agreement: Sponsor_ID: Holdback: GST_Rate: (Sorry for the length there, guess I should've started with something with fewer feilds) Anyway, I'm certain that the problems got to be some sort of syntax somewhere, because from what I can see from that error, its actually interpreting the marks as NULL. I just can find how do get it to update properly, so if someone could show me how its supposed to be done, that would be greatly appreciated. - Joe Z
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Strange Results With Both Oracle Data Access 9.2 & 10.2

Our company has started loading the Oracle 10g clients on our PCs. As a developer, I still have both9i and 10g on mine. I just tried to update an existing asp.net application by upgrading the OracleDataAccess reference from version 9.2.0.401 to version 10.2.0.100. I removed the old reference and added a reference to the new dll. I can select it and its properties show the correct version. However, when I build the solution, I literally see the version switch back to 9.2.0.401 right before my eyes. I'm guessing 9.2 must still have hooks in my project somewhere, but I can't find them. I'mstill running Visual Studio 2003 if that matters. Does anyone have any ideas on this problem\t
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

MySQL & ODBC

Can anyone help, im having problems in connecting to the database that i have created in MySQL. i can connect to the default database called TEST. i have tried many things and i still cant solve this problem, if there is anyone who can help id be grateful. Thanx.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

display images randomly from mysql database

to everybody, I'm a beginner in aspnet programming and I thought to become a member of this forum to learn better how to program in this language (I use c# as code-behind language and visual studio 2008 environment). I have a problem to solve: I want to display, on an aspnet page load, 12 random images taken from a mysql database. I used connector-net in order to make mysql recognized by visual studio, I established a connection with the database and I could display the content of 12 random rows of the table (eg ImageName, see below). The database contains these columns: ImageCode, ImageName, MaskName, ImageType For example for the first row I have: 1 (ImageCode) 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\kf2\images\fuoco_bmp\fire10_res_res.bmp' (ImageName) 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\kf2\images\mask\msk_fire10_res_res.bmp' (MaskName) 0 (ImageType) I post you the code of the pageload I have written: protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) { MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection conn; string myConnectionString = System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["db_connection"].ConnectionString; conn = new MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection(myConnectionString); conn.Open(); string sql = "SELECT * FROM images ORDER BY RAND() limit 12"; MySqlCommand cmd = new MySqlCommand(sql, conn); MySqlDataReader rdr = cmd.ExecuteReader(); while (rdr.Read()) { Response.Write(rdr[0] + " -- " + rdr[1]); } rdr.Close(); conn.Close(); } With this code I display the url of 12 random images but I want to display the images itself. Can anyone tell me how can I do step by step with the relative code
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

External table is not in the expected format.

: I am trying to connect the following oleDBconnection in VS 2005. But it doesn't throw an exception--"External table is not in the expected format.". \tstring path = @"C:\book2.xlsx";\t\t// Notice that itisExcel 2007 version.\t\t\t \tstring strConn = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" + "Data Source=" + path + ";" + "Extended Properties='Excel 8.0;HSD=YES;IMEX=1';"; \tOleDbConnection cn = new OleDbConnection(strConn); cn.Open( )\t //Exception Butwhen Iopen the book2.xlsx andkeep its status open, andcn.Open( ) is OK! Furthermore,when the string path = @"C:\book2.xls";(Excel 2003 version), it can open the connection.I don't know why. Can anyone help me\t I will very appreciate it.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Help about submit Unicode text

Anybody helps me, please ! I use a textbox and a button. when I click on button, data from text box will be inserted into database oracle. But I don't know, if data is unicode, when I select data and display on page, it is wrong code ! (on page and in database). But If I directly write unicode text (use oracle developer or pl sql), all unicode text are good. =>Error is caused when submit from textbox to database. Anybody help me fix this error please ! protectedvoidButton1_Click(objectsender,EventArgse) { try { sqldb.InsertCommand="insertintoPOSTS(POSTCONTENT,USERNAME,POSTTITLE)values('"+tbcontentpost.Text+"','"+(string)Session["username"]+"','"+tbtitlepost.Text+"')"; sqldb.Insert(); tbcontentpost.Text=""; tbtitlepost.Text=""; Page_Load(sender,e); } catch(Exceptioner) { content.InnerHtml=er.StackTrace; } } protected void Button3_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { try { sqldb.SelectCommand = "select postcontent, posttitle from posts;"; DataView dv = (DataView)sqldb.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments.Empty); for (int i = 0; i < dv.Table.Rows.Count; i++) { Response.write((string)dv.Table.Rows[i]["postcontent"]+""); Response.write((string)dv.Table.Rows[i]["posttitle"]+""); } } catch (Exception er) { content.InnerHtml = er.StackTrace; } }
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

How do I declare my Oracle Role Provider in my web.config

I'm having trouble declaring my custom role provider in my web.config. I really don't know if I'm declaring it correctly. My role declaration is the following: \t\t \t\t\t \t\t \t the name of my class in my App_Code folder is 'OracleRoleProvider.vb'. I really need some help here, I am using my Membership custom provider and it logins correctly, the problem is with my role provider, so I can't deny or allow access in the folders and pages I want my users to use or not.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

how to fire insert, select query if 1 datatype is xml and other is normal?

I want insert selct query for following Mailed_from\t\t\t\t\t\t varchar Mailed_date\t\t\t\t\t\t Datetime Mailed_to\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t Xml here xml is used to store more than 1 MAil id
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Connect to MySQL - quick one

Here's the shortest C# code that connects to MySQL database, does SELECT and returns data to Repeater, DataGrid or DataList: private DataView sqlQuery (string query) { OdbcConnection myConnection = new OdbcConnection("DSN=yourDNS"); OdbcDataAdapter myCommand = new OdbcDataAdapter(query, myConnection); DataSet ds = new DataSet(); myCommand.Fill(ds); return ds.Tables[0].DefaultView; } Then we call the function with: newsID.DataSource = sqlQuery("SELECT * from 'database'"); newsID.DataBind(); Where newsID is ID of asp:repeater, asp:datagrid or asp:datalist element. IMHO I prefer using asp:repeater and and use DataBinder.Eval() to write out and format fields as required. Of course we need to import required Namespaces and give compiler options in the begining of the page. It would be cool also to create a function which would be used for queries that don't return results (DELETE, INSERT, UPDATE) or we just return a boolean. With sqlQuery() function for SELECTs as above and one void sqlSiletQuery() for UPDATEs, DELETEs and INSERTs we can create a complete API for MySQL database. Probably this isn't best way to do it, but it works, it's simple and it's easy to understand and implement... zvon & mir (bell & peace)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

very slow performance when using sum and group by

I have a query which runs very very slow, it is doing a full table scan on tab1: select sum(col1) from tab1 where col2 = 'x' group by col3 There is an index on (col2, col3), the following query runs very fast: select * from tab1 where col2 = 'x' I tried to change the index to (col1, col2, col3), but there is no improvement by doing that, how can I improve the performance of this query
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Monday 12th November 2012
View Replies!

using password file utility

I know that I have to use the orapwd utility to generate a password file. 2 questions. how can I make sure that the I am creating the password file for the right database when there is more than one database on a terminal. How can I change the password of internal and sys.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 15th November 2012
View Replies!

upgrading mannual from 9.1 to 10.2

how cna i set compatibility to upgrade
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

test export

Does anyone have suggestions on how to test an export. I run a nightly export on a 50g database and would like to test that the export is valid. If I have to restore from this export, it will always be a full restore, many of the schemas are related. Any Ideas
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Table sizing script

Guys, can you help me out with table sizing script for an entire schema , I do have estimated number of rows per table.Please help me out with a generic script .
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Simple Export question.

If I want to defrag the database somewhat but DO NOT want to take the Database off-line. Can I do an export and then import using ignore=y. Or will I end up with duplicate rows everywhere except where a primary key is violated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Shell scripting book - Linux

hi Redhant advance server - Oracle 9i 9.2.04 I want to buy a book on shell scripting. I am sure most of u here must be having a good book. I dont know scripting,but know linux commands. please tell me according to your experience which book is recommended to buy.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Schema Size

Hi Everybody , Is there a way to check space used by all the objects of a particular user/schema in Oracle 8i and higher version on Windows or Unix env
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

scheduling of jobs

I have created a job through TOAD, and scheduled it to run every sunday. dbms_refresh_pool.keep('package_name') I put in sysdate+7 for the interval. However, when the time for it to run comes, it changes next run time to the next day, instead of seven days from now, changes the time all BY ITSELF. The last date field is empty, so I am not even sure if it ran or not. Did anyone ever come across this problem. Is there another wat to schedule this type of job
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

rollback/undo

is there any way I can migrate a tablespace to be an undo tablespace. I have just migrated an 8iR3 database to 9iR2 and want to use undo, so I thought I would drop all my rollback segments and use my rollback tablespace for undo. Obviously it needs to be an undo tablespace, I was hoping dbms_space_admin might have some procedure to do it and the docs dont seem to mention it. Is there a way of doing it Cheers
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

replication is a tools ,software or any otherthings

i m not getting the point what is replication \t plz tell me
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 16th November 2012
View Replies!

Procedure Compilation Problem

I have a procedure that I am working on. I have compiled it and it works fine. I made a small change to it and I tried to recompile it and it just hangs there and then it says: create or replace procedure obi_load( * ERROR at line 1: ORA-04021: timeout occurred while waiting to lock object GCPRDBA.OBI_LOAD I know it isn't the actual code. I made a very small change. Also, I cannot compile any of my other procedures. They all do the same thing. Does anyone have any idea what the problem is I have been creating a lot of packages and procedures lately. Could it be that the library is full
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Periodic db restarts

A colleague running 9.2 on HP-UX asked Oracle Support if it was a good idea to stop and start his db on a daily basis. Support replied: Yes, if the circumstance permit it, shutting down cleanly and restarting an instance once a day will lessen the negative effects of memory fragmentation and in some cases counter the negative effects of any gradual memory leaks. Any comments
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

oraenv for NT

Has anyone got an equivalent for oraenv on NT they would be able to share Run in batch
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

error in querry string by Replace

Dear reader, Can someone tells my why my string gives an error by "Replace" he say the name replace does not excesit in current context In my vb website with sql it's workeing, in my c-charp website with Mysql it does not working
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 20th November 2012
View Replies!

How to synchronize data of different oracle database ?

Hi all I am using oracle database, Database db1\t\t\t\t\t Table:\t tlbdb1_City1 Database db2 Table:\t Tlbdb2_City2 I want to synchronize data of tlbdb1_City1 to Tlbdb2_City2 How it is possible, change of tlbdb1_City1 is automatically update at Tlbdb2_City2
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Tuesday 20th November 2012
View Replies!

Assembly for MySQL 4.1.21.0?

Hi! I'm experimenting with the usage of MySQL in ASP.NET 2.0 and found the article about the MySQL membership provider on codeproject.com. In the web.config file an assembly for MySQL 5 is added and since the version of MySQL my hoster provides is 4.1.21.0. So I was wondering how to write the assembly for this version since just altering the version ID threw an error at me.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 21st November 2012
View Replies!

SQL Query

if i would like to select a record that exist in one table and not exist in another table i tried to use minus statment but SQL doesnt recognized it any help the primary key is combination of 3 fields
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

storing search results in a table

I am trying to insert the criteria the user and search info into another table. I am using the einfodesigns mysql driver. I get this message when I try to do this: Compiler Error Message: CS0117: 'eInfoDesigns.dbProvider.MySqlClient.MySqlDataAdapter' does not contain a definition for 'ExecuteNonQuery' Here is my code: MySqlConnectionoMySqlConn=newMySqlConnection(); oMySqlConn.ConnectionString="DataSource=mysql.server.co.uk;"+ "Database=server;"+ "UserID=server;"+ "Password=chemical;"+ "CommandLogging=false"; //oMySqlConn.Open(); //OdbcConnectionmyConnection=newOdbcConnection //(mySQLConnStr); stringSQL="selectDate,payroll,First,Last,Rank,Number,Division,Reason,PODatefromall_by_payrollwhere"+\tDropDownList1.SelectedItem.Value+"='"+TextBox1.Text+"'unionselectDate,payroll,First,Last,Rank,Number,Division,Reason,PODatefrompayincwhere"+\tDropDownList1.SelectedItem.Value+"='"+TextBox1.Text+"'ORDERBYDateASC"; stringSQL2="INSERTINTOresults"+ "(Username,Search)"+ "VALUES('"+User.Identity.Name+"','" +TextBox1.Text.ToString()+"')"; MySqlDataAdaptermyCommand=newMySqlDataAdapter(); MySqlDataAdaptermyCommand2=newMySqlDataAdapter(); myCommand.SelectCommand=newMySqlCommand(SQL,oMySqlConn); myCommand2.SelectCommand=newMySqlCommand(SQL2,oMySqlConn); myCommand2.ExecuteNonQuery(); DataSetds=newDataSet(); myCommand.Fill(ds,"payinc"); MyDataGrid.DataSource=ds.Tables["payinc"].DefaultView; MyDataGrid.DataBind();
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Save Password disabled in Login screen

I have Toad 9.6.1 already installed on my machine and have now installed Toad 10.6 . unfortunately the Save Passwords option on the Connection screen is disabled. Could you tell me how do I enable that option.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 29th December 2012
View Replies!

Sql loader skip blank line

I am running Oracle 9 and using sql loader to import text file into table. Can sql loader skips the record which blank line or carriage return Do I need to set up with options Please advise me how.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 30th December 2012
View Replies!