Processes Parameter Confusion!

Hi all!

Query:

1.WE have Oracle v8i and OS NT with Frontend Oracle D2k v6i(Forms & Reports):

a.Suddenly we received the error msg:

ora-00020:Processes exceeds 115 .

We increased the Processes parameter from 115 to 250 and when reconnected,sql*plus worked for sometime and then again after 10 minutes,same error occured:

ora-00020:Processes exceeds 250.

We again increased the Processes parameter from 250 to 280 but once again shortly after 15 minutes the same error occured:

ora-00020:Processes exceeds 280.

Please forward your suggestions as to what caused this to happen and how do we solve this problem!

Posted On: Wednesday 7th of November 2012 06:51:15 AM Total Views:  76
View Complete with Replies

RELATED TOPICS OF Oracle PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE

snp# processes

Anybody know what are snp0, snp1, snp2, snp3 processes Those processes are consuming most of the cpu of the server now. What activities are going on
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Thursday 1st November 2012
View Replies!

Question on 10g processes

Guys, I am having an issue on a server(ServA) that had Oracle 10g loaded on it till this morning. This morning the UNIX team failed over another server(ServB) on to this server and that copied all the files from ServB to ServA. Everything looks fine other than an error we keep seeing in the syslog - "syslog: Waiting for filesystem containing /oracle/app/oracle/product/10g/bin/crsctl". I would like to find out which process is looking for this file and how can I stop/delete that process. Your response will be highly appreciated.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 2nd November 2012
View Replies!

unix-oracle background processes?

My sysadmin said he executed some unix commands. Among those commands were ps -aux | grep , ps -ef,etc and found some oracle processes like these: oracle 131808 8.1 0.0 28616 11772 - A 12:03:14 0:57 oracleNEWSDB oracle 136800 2.0 0.0 29132 11688 - A 11:42:22 3:35 ora_p001_NEWSDB oracle 189088 2.0 0.0 29132 11640 - A 11:42:22 3:31 ora_p002_NEWSDB oracle 117228 1.9 0.0 29132 11672 - A 11:42:22 3:29 ora_p003_NEWSDB oracle 167496 1.7 0.0 29128 11732 - A 11:42:22 3:04 ora_p000_NEWSDB oracle 199474 1.1 0.0 28624 11780 - A 12:02:07 0:14 oracleNEWSDB What I'm curious to know is, among what he found what does these mean: ora_p001_NEWSDB ora_p002_NEWSDB ora_p003_NEWSDB ora_p000_NEWSDB NOTE: NEWSDB is the name of the database
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 2nd November 2012
View Replies!

too many archive processes?

Is there any side effect if I have too many archive processes running If I understand correctly, if one archive process for some reason failed to archive a log, another one will take over. That is what I've observed in the alert log.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 2nd November 2012
View Replies!

runaway processes on UNIX

, I an running 8.0.5.2.1 on unix aix 4.3.2. I reboot nightly. But everyday there are multiple oracle processes getting created. I am the only one logged onto this server. I am also trying to set up the oem 2.1 on my local nt machine to connect to this server. Does anyone know whats going on. Example ps -ef|grep oracle, there are too many to list. oracle 13678 1 0 07:03:30 - 0:08 oracletst001 (LOCAL=NO) oracle 13934 1 0 07:03:29 - 0:00 oracletst001 (LOCAL=NO) oracle 14190 1 1 07:03:31 - 0:16 oracletst001 (LOCAL=NO) oracle 14448 1 0 07:03:50 - 0:23 oracletst001 (LOCAL=NO) oracle 14706 1 0 07:03:54 - 0:01 oracletst001 (LOCAL=NO) oracle 14964 1 4 07:03:55 - 6:48 oracletst001 (LOCAL=NO) oracle 15222 1 0 07:04:12 - 0:04 oracletst001 (LOCAL=NO)
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 2nd November 2012
View Replies!

Problem with sleeping processes on MySQLServer

Hi I am developing a site in ASP.Net with a underlying MySQL db. I have encountered a big problem with the DB-server. When i browse arround my site a lot of processes on the Db-server is created. The processes doesn't get killed at any time. They just sleep even though I close my browser. I am using Conn.Close() everytime i access the db but new processes just gets created all the time :-( Any idea My english isn't the best so if you don't understand my situation please say so and I will try to write it better..
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Friday 2nd November 2012
View Replies!

setting # of processes

How do I determine/calculate the right number of processes that I should set in my initSID.ora parameter
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Saturday 3rd November 2012
View Replies!

processes increasing automatically

Hi all Os version is linux 7.1 and oracle 9.0.1 I'm getting this processes when i type ps ux ora_p000,ora_p001... to 0ra_p005 . what are these\t and my server performance went down completely. my parallel_max_servers are set to 5 and max_dispatchers are also set to 5. Mine is a single instance server. Please advice me...
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

(ORA:-00020) Mximum number of processes exceeded

, I'mhave a probelm with login to the Oracle db using ASP.NET application.There are 20 limited users loging to the ora db.After doing some works some users can't log into & process the system.This is a critical issue to us.After restarting the machine only can loging again properly. I'm using the OleDbConnection to connect the Oracle DB. \tcon = New OleDbConnection("Provider=MSDAORA;Data Source=server1;User Id=blabla;Password=Blabla") * My question is, is that enough when we are closed the db connection as con.Close() method ate the end of the class or within the unload method * I also use the OleDbDataReader to open the particular record set.and it closed as dr.Close() after doing the operation. But is that enough to close the all the sessions of the oracle manager.I mean, all the sessions are there in Oracle Shema as aspnet - \t\t\taspnet_wp.exe Highly acspet ur ealry attention Kamal Hemajith
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Tracing processes on OS

If I have 8 databases running on the same machine and it's windows 2000 server, obviously, I will have 8 Oracle.exe running on this machine. The question is how do I know which process belongs to which database. Once I know which processes belongs to which database on the OS, does anyone have any query to find out which processes in the database uses the most resource of the database
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 4th November 2012
View Replies!

Server processes not exiting out

Environment: Oracle 9.1.2 on Windows XP Shared Server Mode Web application developed in VB.NET Uses OracleClient from Microsoft (ADO.NET) Stored Proc in Oracle returns REF CURSOR. Problem: Whenever the VB code executes the stored procedure GetData (to return rows) a new server process is initiated. However this process does not exit even after closing the connection. As a result, the number of processes keep on growing and soon exceed the MAX_PROCESSES limit. Please advise on the action needed.
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 4th November 2012
View Replies!

processes parm in init.ora

according to oracle doc (admin guide), Processes parameter in init.ora file determines the maximum number of operating system processes that can be connected to Oracle concurrently. The value of this parameter must include 5 for the background processes and 1 for each user process. For example, if you plan to have 50 concurrent users, set this parameter to at least 55. Based on this, I did a simple test with the following steps: 1. modified init.ora file and changed the processes = 10 //it was 150 2. stopped the oracle server and restarted it // so the new parm will be used 3. login to that instance as system, and select from v$session. What I got was 7 processes (6 from background, 1 is for the current session). 4. created 5 users, and logged in as those 5 users. // I thought I can only login 3 users since the allowed processes is set as 10 in step 1 (10-7=3). But I was able to login all 5 users! 5. select from v$session again, all 12 processes are shown. 5 sessions I created in step 4 were inactive, while the others were active. So what happened here Why that 'processes' parameter I modified didn't work here Did I miss anything
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 4th November 2012
View Replies!

processes in unix vs. services in windoz

Hi beloved AIX 5L Oracle 10g (and i have just applied 10.1.0.3). Im confused which processes(services) i have to start first in AIX. Unlike windows they are automated. I just identified the following processes under AIX, which i create a script to start manually. 1. lsnrctl start 2. ompnctl start 3. ompnctl startproc ias-component=HTTP_Server 3. emctl start dbconsole 4. isqlplusctl start 5. (database startup) Did i miss anything here Do I have to start it in the right sequence I noticed also that since I installed the 10.1.0.3 patch, the emctl start dbconsole took a very long time to complete like 15 min. and I cant run it on the client web URL. I now got error now "THE PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED". But my isqlplus and htmldb are fine. I also noticed that when i issue ompnctl start, there is a process that eats up 89% CPU utilization when i list my "ps aux". Is this normal for this ompnctl proc Pls help....
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 4th November 2012
View Replies!

processes

which number should i set for processes if i am using dedicate server. i expect 500 concurrent users. and i should set it to 500+6. 6 is the number of background processes. am i right
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Sunday 4th November 2012
View Replies!

tracing user processes

while tracing user processess trace files are created these file names bear a number (process number) , which process does this number belong to, how to find out the process name or pid
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

Wednesday 7th November 2012
View Replies!

To Know which Percentage of consumption of processes of the bank oracle

/*TO KNOW WHICH THE PERCENTAGE OF PARTICIPATION OF EACH USER ON THE DATABASE AT THE ACCURATE MOMENT WHERE IF IT EXECUTES THIS SCRIPT. GENERATING AN ARCHIVE WITH A FIXED NAME MORE THE DATE AND HOUR OF CREATION ALSO BEING PART OF THE NAME OF THE ARCHIVE SO THAT IT IS PREVENTED THAT THE SAME HE IS EXTINGUISHED. THUS GENERATING A LOG OF INFORMATION ON THE USERS WHO MORE CONSUME FEATURES OF THE ORACLE. AS EXAMPLE A BILLING SYSTEM WAS USED THAT USES TUXEDO TO TWIRL PART OF THE APPLICATORY ONE. WE MUST IGNORE THE TUXEDO USER AND THEN TO ONLY ENTER THE EXCESSIVELY USING ONES. */ set linesize 160 pages 76 col user format a20 col consistent_changes format 99999999999 heading 'consistent|changes' col user_os format a20 heading 'User|Operational|Sistem' col hora format a28 col process format 99,999,999.99 heading 'Process' col participation format 999.99 heading '% | Participation' col dthori noprint new_value dthore rem it catches the date and current hour select to_char(sysdate,'mmddhh24mi') dthori from dual; rem generates of log FILE having as part of the name the date and hour spool c:\hiran\temp\monispo&dthore..log select to_char(sysdate,'dd-mon-rrrr - hh24:mi:ss') hora from dual; select instance from v$thread; rem Definition of variable of substitution col totproi noprint new_value totproe; rem Storage of the total in the using variable of substitution where < > tux (tuxedo) rem select sum ((b.block_gets+b.physical_reads+b.block_changes+b.consistent_changes)/4) totproi from v$session a, v$sess_io b where a.sid=b.sid and a.osuser not like 'tux%'; rem Upgrade of the column participation that the percentage calculates REM and does not make it for the user ' tux ' (tuxedo) rem ttitle 'report of consumption' select a.osuser user_os, a.username, a.terminal, sum(b.physical_reads) physical_reads, sum(b.block_gets) block_gets, sum(b.block_changes) block_changes, sum(b.consistent_changes) consistent_changes, sum((b.block_gets+b.physical_reads+b.block_changes+b.consistent_changes)/4) process, (sum((b.block_gets+b.physical_reads+b.block_changes+b.consistent_changes)/4)/ decode(substr(a.osuser,1,3),'tux',null,&totproe))*100 participation from v$session a, v$sess_io b where a.sid=b.sid Group by a.osuser, a.username, a.terminal order by 8 desc; spool off;
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

when running archivelog mode how to change log_archive_max_processes

when running archivelog mode how to change log_archive_max_processes,which value should it be Based on what other parameter or hardware enviorment
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

What can be max databases on Sun Fire E2900 server with 24 1.35GHz processes?

, I have a question what is the largest number of oracle databases run on a Sun Fire E2900 server, with 24 1.35GHz processors and 48GB of memory. These processors are Sun's new dual-threaded CPUs, sometimes called dual-core. Each oracle database will have average of 512 MB SGA and average 800 processes. Only oracle will be running on the server, no other applications. Please share your thoughts and experience. Any answer is greatly appreciated. Thank you, a Pfauntsch
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

Websphere - Oracle Repository Database (too many processes?)

Morning all, Any suggestions or comments on below We use Websphere 4.0.2 (I think) and it uses an Oracle database as its repository database (8.1.7, Windows 2000) When we try to start up the Websphere Admin Console it just hangs. There are no errors in the alert log, no trace files and nothing in sqlnet.log. The number of processes is set to 500 in the init.ora. The problem is similar (I think) to the one GRJOHNSON had with processes reaching the max (see the thread below) http://www.dbasupport.com/forums/sho...ight=websphere
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!

unable to increase the processes

We have oracle 7.3.4 on Sco unix open server 5.0.4. We have 25 processes in init.ora file, which are too few. When we try to increase it to even 26, it gives following error on opening the database. SVRMGR> ORA-07252: spcre: semget error, could not allocate semaphores. SCO System V/386 Error: 28: No space left on device Additional information: 2 we configured kernel parameter as following. SEMMAP 10 SEMMNI 300 SEMMNU 100 SHMMAX 268435456 SHMMIN 1 ULIMIT 2097152 Hard disk size is 54 GB , RAM 1 GB with RAID 5. Also, there is no /etc/system file in our server. What can we do\t [Edited by amitagar on 08-20-2002 at 12:22 AM]
VIEWS ON THIS POST

Posted on:

View Replies!